Today’s top News
- PM Modi gives new Mantra of ‘Jahan Bimar, Vahin Upchar’ in fight against COVID
- Income Tax Department to launch new e-filing portal incometax.gov.in on June 7
- Centre urges States and UTs to make Mucormycosis, a notifiable disease under Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897
- Govt makes efforts to ramp up supply and availability of Amphotericin-B anti-fungal drug for treatment of Black Fungus disease.
- As Cyclone Yaas set to hit the eastern coast of India by May 26, the Centre on Friday issued guideline to ramp up health infrastructure and also asked the states to follow the release of India Meteorological Department (IMD) and plan in advance the evacuation of hospitals in the path of the cyclone
- Many of us has forgotten that an amount of Rs 330/- and Rs 12- is being auto debited from our Bank Account for PMJJBY Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna auto debit and PMJSY Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Suraksha Yojna resp.
After death the nominee of the account holder is eligible to get Rs. 200000/- for each scheme. During this pandemic many of our acquaintances are leaving their mortal coil. This info will be useful for them. It may be helpful for someone.
- At least 13 Naxals were killed in an encounter with police’s C-60 commandos in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra early on Friday. The skirmish took place around 5.30 am in the forest at Kotmi in Etapalli.
- The government will set up a large ”Defence Enclave” to house top defence brass and personnel under its ambitious Central Vista redevelopment project.
- A Bangalore-based start-up has developed a novel, point-of-care Electrochemical ELISA test that enables fast and accurate estimation of total antibody concentration of COVID 19 in clinical samples.
- Former Rajasthan Congress CM Jagannath Pahadia passes away due to Covid-19 at 89.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee appears set to take the shot at retaining her post by contesting from her old bastion, the Bhabanipur assembly constituency , after state minister and Trinamool Congress veteran Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay vacated the seat on Friday.
- Banerjee, who faced defeat at the recently concluded polls from Nandigram, will have to get elected to the assembly within six months to hold on to the chief minister’s chair, as per norms. Chattopadhyay tendered his resignation to assembly speaker Biman Bandyopadhyay in the presence of senior party leader and his ministerial colleague Partha Chatterjee.
- Goa court acquits journalist Tarun Tejpal of rape charges: Seven years after a woman colleague accused him of sexual assault in the elevator of a luxury hotel in Goa, journalist Tarun Tejpal was acquitted of all charges by a sessions court in the state on Friday.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education has not yet issued any final decision regarding the cancellation or further postponement of the CBSE Class 12 board exams 2021 but is currently reviewing the Covid-19 situation across the country. The CBSE Board Exams 2021 for Class 10 and 12 students were supposed to commence from May 4 but were postponed due to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. No new dates for the exams have been issued yet by the national board.
- Army Chief Gen MM Naravane reviewed India’s operational readiness along the border with China in the Arunachal Pradesh sector during a two-day visit to the Northeastern.
- Mobile Oxygen Generation Plants, termed ‘Oxygen on Wheels’ designed and developed by Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam under the Eastern Naval Command (ENC) were inaugurate.
- An IAF MiG-21 Bison aircraft crashed during heavy rain in a field in Punjab’s Moga district, killing its pilot Squadron Leader Abhinav Choudhary. The aircraft was on a training sortie from Suratgarh in Rajasthan when it crashed in Langeana village on Thursday night. He was 29-year-old and was married in 2019. The Indian Air Force has ordered a Court of Inquiry to ascertain the cause of the accident. During this incident, Squadron leader Choudhary tried to eject himself from the plane, however, he could not open his parachute and the aircraft fell on the ground.
- Notably, this is not the first such accident in this year. Earlier on March 18, a MiG-21 Bison aircraft had also crashed in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, in which Bharti Air Force Group Captain Ashish Gupta lost his life. In these two MiG plane crash, Indian lost two of his heroes. The lifespan of these aircraft may have exceeded 50 years, but even today an upgraded MiG-21 aircraft can hit any modern aircraft in the sky. This was proven in the year 2019 when Wing Commander Abhinandan Vardhaman of the Indian Air Force shot down Pakistan’s fifth-generation modern aircraft F-16 with a MiG-21 Bison aircraft.
- External affairs minister (EAM) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar is travelling to the United States this Sunday for a week-long trip to meet UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres in New York and hold a bilateral meeting with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken in Washington to discuss vaccine production, resilient supply chains and the Indo-Pacific.
- An estimated 4,000 to 6,000 refugees from Myanmar have sought safety in India, a spokesperson for the UN chief has said, as the world body voiced concern over the rising levels of displacement of people since the military coup in the country in February.
- India takes neutral stand on Israel-Palestine conflict, calls for ‘immediate resumption of dialogue’
- The Delhi International Airport said it has handled as many as 100 domestic and international flight services for COVID-19 patients since last month amid a surge in demand for such flights in the wake of the second COVID-19 wave.
- India is among the guest countries invited to join virtually at the 2021 G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting to be held at Oxford University on June 3 and 4 to bring together the world’s leading democracies to agree on life-saving action in critical areas of global health, the UK government announced
- Israel and Palestine finally agreed to a ceasefire bringing to an end 11 days of violence that impacted lives on both sides of the border .Reports suggest that over 200 people died in the conflict in the sieged land of Gaza including 65 children.
- The Bangladesh Meteorological Department issued a cyclone alert message on Friday warning that a low pressure area is very likely to form over the North Andaman Sea and adjoining east central Bay of Bengal .
- The local administration in the Cox’s Bazar area of Bangladesh which houses Rohingya refugees from Myanmar, imposed a week-long complete lockdown in five Rohingya Camps of Ukhiya from Friday.
- China on Friday said that any successor to the present Dalai Lama should be approved by it, ruling out recognition to any heir nominated by him or by his followers. The reincarnation of the Dalai Lama and other grand Living Buddhas has been subjected to approval.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS) has approved an amount of Rs 2 Lakh for Karnataka’s V Tejaswini Bai, who won the Arjuna Award in 2011 and was a member of the Women’s Kabaddi team that won gold medals at the 2010 and 2014 Asian Games respectively.
- Vinesh Phogat who secured India the 53kg class Olympic quota in September 2019 at the World Championships, will train in Budapest until June 9, travel for the Poland Open (June 9 to 13) and return to Budapest to be based there till July 2. Her coach Woller Akos, sparring partner Priyanka and physiotherapist Poornima Raman Ngomdir will be with her throughout.
- A proposal from rowers Arjun Lal Jat who belongs to Rajasthan and Arvind Singh who belongs to Uttar Pradesh to train for five weeks from June 1 in Pocinho High Performance Centre in Portugal in preparation for the Olympic Games, has been approved by TOPS
$USD 72.93 💷GBP 103.19
In Mumbai (MH)
🥇Gold ₹49,190©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 71,220©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 99.32©Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.01©Ltr
LPG : ₹ 809/14.2©Kg
BSE Sensex 50,540.48
NIFTY : 15,175.30
Facts about India
Kailasa temple at Ellora is considered one of the most spectacular rock-cut monuments in the world. Carved from a single, gigantic rock face, the temple’s sheer size and sculptural treatment are breathtaking. But there is another reason this temple is a world-class wonder – it was carved vertically into the tough basalt of the Sahyadri Hills with little more than hammers and chisels, more than 1,200 years ago.
Cave No 16 – is by far the most magnificent and imposing. Built by the kings of the Rashtrakuta dynasty, which ruled parts of South India between the 8th and 10th century CE, the Kailasa temple is the largest of the rock-cut, monolithic Hindu temples at Ellora.
Thought of the day
There are two Ways to be Happy.
Change the Situation or
Change the Mindset towards it….🦋
Joke of the day
I called my school time friend on phone, he said he was working on a special Project ” Aqua Thermal treatment of Ceramics, Aluminium and Steel under a constrained environment under the supervision of Home minister “. 😱🤔
I was impressed🤷🏻♂️
Later I realized – saala bartan dho raha tha , under the supervision of his wife during lockdown 😷 !!🤦🏻♂️😨
🙏 LEARN Sanskrit🙏🏻
Bhuja (भुज) is a Sanskrit word referring to “arm”, “hand”, “trunk”, “curve” etc. It is used in Yoga
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
RAW – Research & Analysis Wing
RDX – Research Development Explosive
What is mucormycosis/Black Fungus?
Mucormycosis, or “black fungus”, usually infects people whose immune system has been compromised, causing blackening or discolouration over the nose, blurred or double vision, chest pain, breathing difficulties and coughing blood. It is a very rare infection. It is caused by exposure to mucor mould which is commonly found in soil, plants, manure, and decaying fruits and vegetables. “It is ubiquitous and found in soil and air and even in the nose and mucus of healthy people,” says Dr Nair.
It affects the sinuses, the brain and the lungs and can be life-threatening in diabetic or severely immunocompromised individuals, such as cancer patients or people with HIV/AIDS.
Many people recovering from COVID-19 have of late been afflicted by black fungus – or mucormycosis – disease. The fungus invades the sinus and makes its way into the intraorbital and intracranial regions. If its progression is not checked early, 50-80% of patients could die.
When a patient whose immune system has been compromised inhales Mucor spores, they may develop mucormycosis. This is a rare, non-contagious disease – but it can be debilitating or fatal if not treated quickly. When Mucor attacks the sinuses, it spreads to the lungs, the brain and the central nervous system. Common symptoms of the resulting mucormycosis include fever, headache, reddish and swollen skin near the nose or eyes, facial pain, cough producing bloody or dark fluids, and shortness of breath. Doctors can diagnose it through a tissue biopsy and an X-ray scan of the lungs.
🤔 How it works ⁉
How bleaching powder is prepared
Bleaching powder is prepared by passing chlorine gas (Cl2) over slaked lime (Ca(OH)2). … The lowermost cylinder has an inlet through which chlorine gas is passed and an outlet for the final processed bleaching powder to come out.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
I want to explain to you the symbolism behind the chariot picture in which we see Arjun, Krishna and the 5 horses driving the chariot .
Let’s get started with the symbolism:
- The chariot represents the physical body
- The 5 horses (Punch Indriyas) each representing one of our senses: Sight, Hearing, Taste, Touch, Smell
- The reins symbolize the mind. Our mind is connected to the senses and can drive our senses
- The charioteer (Krishna)represents the intellect. Krishna represents the super soul or the inner witness
- The passenger (Arjuna) represent the soul
With this symbolism, our purpose in life as human beings is to use our mind and intellect to take the chariot (body) to the destination. The destination is understanding life and attaining enlightenment.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
The pomegranate is a fruit that contains hundreds of edible seeds called arils. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds.
Regular intake of pomegranate juice has been shown to lower blood pressure levels in as little as two weeks.
Pomegranate has antibacterial and antiviral properties which may be useful against common gum diseases and yeast infections.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF ©YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼