𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
21 Oct (Thursday)
Titi: Pratipada (up to 10:16 pm) Dwitiya
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India is fast approaching 100 crore COVID 19 vaccine doses milestone; Over 99 crore 12 lakh Covid vaccine doses administered so far
- PM Modi interacted with the CEOs and Experts of the global oil and gas sector through video conferencing on 20 Oct.
- CBSE’s first term board exams for class 10 will begin from November 30, while the exams for class 12 are scheduled from December 1.
- Andhra Pradesh: YS Sharmila, sister of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, on Wednesday began her 4,000 km padayatra in Telangana covering 90 assembly constituencies out of the total 119 in the state. Sharmila recently launched the YSR Telangana Party in the state.
- J&K : Union Minister Piyush Goyal, during his two-day visit to Pahalgam district in Kashmir, inaugurated a 250 mm Seer Water Supply Scheme. Minister also inaugurated 250mm Seer Water supply scheme, on the occasion. This project will benefit around 10000 people. Completion of the project will be done under the ambit of Jal Jeevan Mission within three months.
- As the counter-insurgency operation in the forest belt of Jammu and Kashmir’s twin border districts of Poonch and Rajouri entered the ninth day on Tuesday, public announcements were made in Mendhar asking local residents to stay indoors for their safety. Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Dragad area of Shopian district following information about presence of militants.
- Two unidentified militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday.
- The NIA is likely to take over cases related to the killing of minority community members, including those of two teachers and a pharmacy owner, who were among 11 civilians shot dead in targeted attacks by terrorists in different parts of Kashmir this month.
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday said a total of 39 people had lost their lives and 217 houses had been destroyed completely in the devastating landslides and flash floods that had occurred in the south-central districts of the state recently.
- Madhya Pradesh: Mukhya Mantri Ration Aapke Dwar Scheme will be implemented to benefit the poor tribal families by state govt. The scheme is going to benefit tribal families of around 7511 villages in 74 development blocks of 16 districts.
- Tamil Nadu: The opposition AIADMK on Wednesday petitioned the Tamil Nadu Governor R N Ravi seeking action on the ruling DMK for its alleged irregularities in the recently held civic body elections in nine districts of the State.
12 . Telangana: CM K. Chandrashekar Rao in his first reaction opined that the Election Commission of India had “crossed its limits” in halting the Dalit Bandhu scheme in Huzurabad Assembly constituency citing the October 30 byelection.
- Telangana: CM K. Chandrashekar Rao announced that the enovated Yadadri temple complex would be inaugurated on March 28, 2022, with the conduct of the ‘Mahakumbha Samprokshana’.
- Bollywood : A special court here on Wednesday denied bail to Aryan Khan, the son of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, observing that ‘on the face of it’, he was indulging in “illicit drug activities on a regular basis”. His WhatsApp chats also showed, prima facie, that he was in touch with drug peddlers, the court noted.
- VV Patil, special judge for the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act cases, rejected the bail pleas of Aryan Khan, his friend Arbaaz Merchant (26) and fashion model Munmun Dhamecha (28).
- Army inducts upgraded L70 anti-aircraft guns in forward areas along LAC in Arunachal Pradesh sector in addition to its existing M-777 howitzers and Swedish Bofors guns.
- Defence Ministry red-flags a year’s delay in ‘Mango Project’ by CPWD : The defence ministry has red-flagged a year’s delay by the Central Public Works Department in completing a building for manufacture of anti-tank ammunition, a prestigious project undertaken with Russian collaboration and meant to be showcased during India@75 celebrations.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on 19 Oct visited Israel’s Ovda Airbase to meet the Indian contingent participating in the biennial Blue Flag exercise involving Air Force missions from eight countries, that aims to share knowledge and combat experience to improve operational capabilities. A total of 85 Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel are taking part in the exercises along with five upgraded Mirage 2000 fighter aircraft. The Blue Flag drill is a bi-annual exercise designed to strengthen Israel’s military cooperation internationally.
- Pakistan’s military said its navy detected and blocked an Indian submarine from entering the country’s territorial waters in the Arabian Sea over the weekend. Pakistan’s military provided no further details and there was no immediate comment from India.
- Police Commemoration Day will be observed today. The day is observed on 21st October every year to honor the loyalty and supreme sacrifice of police personnel for the nation. It was on this day in 1959 when the Central Reserve Police Force, CRPF scripted a saga of valor and sacrifice in the inaccessible, inhospitable terrain of Hot Springs in Ladakh. A patrol party of twenty personnel of CRPF and Intelligence Bureau had gone to search for a missing reconnaissance party when it was ambushed by the Chinese Army.
- The Indian Navy, under the Indian Armed Forces, has released Indian Navy SSR AA Sailor Notification 2021 inviting online applications from eligible and interested Indian nationals (unmarried male) for filling Two Thousand and Five Hundred (2,500) vacancies to the post of Sailors (Artificer Apprentice and Senior Secondary Recruits) in Indian Navy through direct recruitment to be posted across Indian Navy units in India on a fulltime basis. The online registration on joinindiannavy.gov.in started on October 16, 2021 and ends on October 25, 2021
GK Today: Facts about India https://youtu.be/8AlIDCQ9las
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar who is on a five day visit to Israel, called on Prime Minister Naftali Bennett. He conveyed the greetings of PM Modi. In a tweet, Dr Jaishankar said, it was warm and rich discussion on realizing the full potential of the strategic partnership.
- Dr Jaishankar unveiled the memorial plaque for Indian Army soldiers who fought at the Battle of Tabsor of World War I at Raanana in the Megiddo Offensive of September 1918.
- India has expressed its strong opposition to China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and its flagship project, the so-called China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) at second UN Global Sustainable Transport Conference in Beijing. The conference was hosted by China in Beijing from 14th to 16th October under the aegis of the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA).
- India to highlight Pakistan’s role at FATF over J&K infiltration and killings: India is likely to highlight Pakistan’s inaction in curbing terrorism financing by raising the issue of the recent terrorist infiltration attempts in Poonch at the ongoing Financial Action task Force (FATF) plenary meeting at Paris.
- The Government of India has reviewed the existing guidelines for international arrivals as the global trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to decline with increasing vaccination coverage across the globe resulting in the changing nature of the pandemic.
- India and Russia have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to collaborate in mining and steel sector. Under National Steel Policy 2017, India aims to reach 300 million tonne steel production by 2030.
- The Indian-American Chief Economist and Director of the Research Department of International Monetary Fund (IMF), Gita Gopinath, is set to leave her job in January 2022.
She is the first-ever woman Chief Economist of the IMF. Gita Gopinath was born in December 1971 to Malayalee parents. She did her schooling in Kolkata. She completed her graduation from the Lady Shri Ram College of Commerce in Delhi.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- China has increased the intensity of carrying out military drills and deployment in its depth areas opposite the Arunachal Pradesh sector and India has correspondingly readied contingency plans to deal with any security challenges in the region.
- Several social, political and cultural organisations have staged demonstrations and protest marches across Bangladesh over the communal violence against the minority Hindu community .
- The military government of Myanmar started releasing people arrested during the anti-government protests in the country after the February 1 take over by the military. The release of prisoners comes after the ASEAN decision to invite a ‘non-political’ representative from Myanmar for its summit meeting scheduled to be held between 26-28 October.
- Bombing in Damascus and northwestern Syria kill 27 people.
- Taliban militants allegedly beheaded a member of the Afghan junior women’s national volleyball team, Mahjabin Hakimi played in the Afghan junior women’s national volleyball team. A coach has alleged that she was beheaded by the Taliban earlier this month.
- T20 World Cup
9th Match, Group B
Oct 21, Thu
vs Papua New Guinea
at Al Amerat Cricket Ground
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
- 10th Match, Group B
Oct 21, Thu
at Al Amerat Cricket Ground
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- 7th Match, Group A
Oct 20, Wed
Namibia – 166/4
vs Netherlands – 164/4
Namibia won by 6 wkts
at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- 8th Match, Group A
Oct 20, Wed
Sri Lanka – 171/7(20)
Ireland – 101(18.3)
SL won by 70 runs
at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Indian shuttler PV Sindhu has made a winning return to the badminton arena by marching into the next round of the Denmark Open at Odense. The two-time Olympic medallist, Sindhu, took 30 minutes to get across 29th ranked Neslihan Yigit of Turkey in straight games, 21-12, 21-10 in opening match of Women’s Singles of the World Tour Super 1000 tournament yesterday. The fourth-seeded Indian, will face Thailand’s Busanan Ongbamrungphan in the second round.
- Former Champions Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma also sailed into the second round of Men’s Singles event.
$USD 74.76 💷GBP 103.16
Punjab : Chandigarh
CM : Charanjit Singh Channi
Gvnr : Banwarilal Purohit
🥇Gold ₹49,100@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 107.26
⛽ Diesel ₹ 97.13
LPG : ₹ 940.50/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 61,259.96
NIFTY : 18,266.60
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Mizoram is a state in northeastern India, with Aizawl as its capital city. The name is derived from ” Mizo”, the name of the native inhabitants , and ” Ram”, which means land , and thus Mizoram means “land of the Mizos”.
😀Thought of the day
The time is always right to do what is.right.
JOKE OF THE DAY
PAPPU ELECTRIC SHOP ME- 2 PANKHE DENA 1 LADIES OR 1 GENTS.
SALESMAN -PANKHO ME LADIES OR GENTS NHI HOTA
PAPPU -KESE NHI HOTA 1 BAJAJ KA DE OR EK Usha
Why colour of human stool is brownish yellow
The color is the result of what you eat and how much bile is in your stool. Bile is a fluid your liver makes to digest fats. It starts out as a yellowish green color. But as the pigments that give bile its color travel through your digestive system, they go through chemical changes and turn brown.
Healthy stool is usually considered a soft, formed bowel movement that is typically brownish in color,” “Stool may be indicative of a health problem if someone notices a change in their bowel habits with constipation or diarrhea, or notices a change in color of their stools.
Bile is a fluid that is made and released by the liver and stored in the gallbladder. Bile helps with digestion. It breaks down fats into fatty acids, which can be taken into the body by the digestive tract. Bile salts are released into our stools by your liver, giving the stools a brown color. If our liver is not producing enough bile, or if the flow of the bile is blocked and not draining from our liver, our stools may become pale or clay-colored. Having pale stools once in a while may not be a cause for concern.
You are beautiful
For man : त्वं सुन्दरः असि। (tvam sundaraḥ asi)
For a woman: त्वं सुन्दरी असि। (tvam sundarI asi)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW DO PLANES NAVIGATE ? ✈️🛩️🛬
Finding the way from one place to another is called NAVIGATION. Moving of an
aircraft from one point to another is the most important part for any kind of mission.
Plotting on the paper or on the map a course towards a specific area of the earth.
There are three main methods of air navigation.
(b) Dead Reckoning
(a). Pilotage or Piloting is the most common method of air navigation. In this method,
the pilot keeps on course by following a series of landmarks on the ground. Usually
before take-off, the pilot draws a line on the aeronautical map to indicate the desired
course. He/ She notes down various landmarks on track, such as highways , railroad
tracks, rivers , bridges etc . As the pilot flies over/ near each landmark, he checks the
deviation from the planned track and corrects his course.
(b). Dead Reckoning is the primary navigation method used in the early days of flying.
It demands more skill and experience than pilotage does. It is based on time, distance,
speed of the aircraft and direction. The pilot must know the distance from one point to
the next and the magnetic heading to be flown. He decides a speed to be maintained
keeping in mind the safety and efficiency of the aircraft, thereafter calculates the time
to know exactly to reach the distination. In the air, he uses compass to keep the plane
heading in the right direction. Dead reckoning is not always a successful method of
navigation because of changing wind direction.
(c). Radio Navigation is used by almost all pilots. Pilots can find out from an aeronautical chart what radio station they should tune to in a particular area. They can then tune their radio navigation equipment to a signal from this station. A needle on
the navigation equipment.
An autopilot is a flight control system that allows a pilot to fly an airplane without continuous hands-on control of the airplane. It allows the pilot to focus on higher-order tasks such as navigating, communicating with air traffic control, planning for weather contingencies and rerouting associated with any kind of emergency circumstance. An autoflight system works by sending signals to the flight control system. The pilot inputs what type of mode they want, like a heading hold mode or an altitude hold mode.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
21 October: National Police Commemoration Day is observed every year on October 21 to remember remembering the brave policemen who sacrificed their lives while discharging their duties.
International Standards Organization (ISO) is an international body providing guidelines for companies in terms of product quality, health, and performance. An ISO registration enhances the reputation of your service or product. There are different types of ISO certification like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 5001, etc
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Shri Krishna Sinha (21 October 1887 – 31 January 1961), was the first Chief Minister of the Indian state of Bihar (1946–61). Except for the period of World War II, Sinha was chief minister of Bihar from the time of the first Congress Ministry in 1937 until his death in 1961. Along with the nationalists Rajendra Prasad and Anugrah Narayan Sinha, Singh is regarded among the Architects of Modern Bihar.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Burn the midnight oil
Work or labour late into the night
Vijay has been burning the midnight oil during his exams
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Dhwaja Stambha , or Flag Pole, is an important feature of most South Indian Temples. … The top portion of the Dhwaja Stambham has three horizontal perches or three branches pointing towards the Sanctum. It symbolizes righteousness, reputation and propriety or the Trimurtis – Vishnu, Brahma and Shiva.
Scientific Reasons behind Dwajasthambam: Whenever there’s a lightning, it strikes the ground and causes severe damage. … This is why Dwajasthambam has an Antenna like structure that receives all the cosmic rays to the Gopuram of the temple. As a flagpole, it is erected also to centralize the energy towards the temple
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Neem hair pack will not only fight dandruff but will also relieve the dryness and itching of your scalp. To make an anti-dandruff neem pack, you can mix 4 tablespoons of neem powder with some water to make a paste, apply on your scalp and wash it with water after 40 minutes. Or you can also boil a handful of neem leaves in 5 cups of water until the water becomes green. Strain the water and use it to rinse after shampooing your hair to get rid of dandruff.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼