𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
21 Nov (Sunday)
Sharad Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Agrahayana 2, (Purnimata)
Kartika 17 (Amanta)
Titi: Dwitiya (up to 7:47 pm) Tritiya
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 04:15 PM – 05:36 PM
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID vaccination coverage has crossed 116 crore 42 lakh mark. Out of the total vaccination, more than 76 crore 41 lakh vaccine doses have been given as first dose while over 40 crore doses have been administered as second dose.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Government of India has released the Swachh Survekshan 2021 Result on 20 November. Swachh Survekhsan 2021 City Ranking List provided on the official web portal. President Ram Nath Kovind has announced the Cities names and honored the municipal corporations working under the Swachhta Mission (Cleanliness Mission).
- The Swachh Sarvekshan (Cleanliness Survey) is conducted every year by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, In which the status of sanitation in cities is assessed. In the 2021 edition of Swachh Survekshan, 4320 cities of the country participated.
- Indore city has been declared the cleanest city of India for the 5th time in a row. While Surat (Gujarat) has been ranked second and Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh) has been ranked third and these cities have been given the Swachh Survekshan 2021 award by the central government.
- Swachh Survekshan was first conducted in 2016 till only 73 major cities participated, and now in 2021, 4,320 cities have participated in Swachh Survekshan. This is the sixth edition of Swachh Survekshan.
- After its decision to repeal the three agri laws, the Centre is now facing pressure from agitating farmer unions and opposition parties to bring in a legislation guaranteeing Minimum Support Price, with ruling BJP MP Varun Gandhi also joining the chorus on Saturday saying the stir won’t end till this issue is resolved.
- PM Modi is attending the 56th Conference of Director Generals of Police (DGPs) and Inspector Generals of Police (IGPs) at Police Headquarters in Lucknow on 20 Nov. The conference was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Amit Shah. Inaugurating the conference, the Home Minister emphasised on the need to focus on security-related issues including coastal security.
- The govt has listed for sale real estate assets of state-run telecom firms MTNL and BSNL at a reserve price of around ₹1,100 crore, according to govt documents. BSNL properties in Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Bhavnagar and Kolkata have been posted for sale at around ₹800 crore. MTNL’s 20 flats located in Mumbai have also been put up for sale.
- Weekend News in Brief video link:
- Weekend News in Brief video link:
- GOA Forward Party (GFP) working president Kiran Kandolkar quit the party on Saturday in protest against a possible alliance with the Congress in the upcoming Assembly polls and joined the Trinamool Congress.
- HIMACHAL : The Resident Doctors Association (RDA) of Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC), Shimla, has urged the government to reduce the retirement age of doctors to 58 or 60 years. It fears that MBBS pass-outs will struggle to find jobs in the state. The retirement age of the faculty in medical colleges in Shimla and Tanda is 62 years, while it’s 65 years in other medical colleges.
- J& K : Ahmad Wagay, an A+ categorised terrorist and district commander of Hizbul Mujahideen who was active since 2018, was killed in an encounter in J&K’s Kulgam district by Security forces.
- KARNATAKA : Mangaluru International Airport on Friday seized 681 grams of gold worth Rs. 34.32 lakhs. The gold was brought from Dubai by a male passenger hailing from Sullia in Dakshina Kannada district.
- KERALA : Pathanamthitta district administration has suspended pilgrimage to the Sabarimala temple, which is situated in the district, for a day on Saturday, due to heavy rains and rising water levels in the Pamba river.
- PUNJAB : Chandigarh: Navjot Singh Sidhu has landed the Congress in a pickle – again.
The MLA from Punjab’s Amritsar (East) constituency triggered a row today after reportedly referring to Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan as his “bada bhai”, or elder brother.
- Punjab Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu waded into a fresh controversy on Saturday after he urged the Indian government to open its borders with Pakistan for trade at a time India is battling continued threats to national security from the other side of the Line of Control.
- RAJSTHAN : All ministers of Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot-led cabinet resigned ahead of the cabinet reshuffle.
- TAMIL NADU : Tamil Nadu has received 68 per cent excess rainfall during the ongoing northeast monsoon and three people and over 300 heads of cattle were killed in the last 24 hours.
- TELANGANA : Suspected members of banned CPI (Maoist) blew up portions of railway tracks in Jharkhand’s Latehar and West Singhbhum districts in the early hours of Saturday.
Crypto transactions should be recognised as asset class: RSS body said :: The govt should bring a law to recognise cryptocurrency transactions as an “asset class” and regulate it, RSS-affiliated Swadeshi Jagaran Manch’s Co-convenor Ashwani Mahajan said. Stating that cryptocurrencies have no “intrinsic value”, he rejected its comparison with commodities like gold, calling it “unfounded”. He added, “no sovereign” should allow private agencies to issue legal tenders.
- Bollywood actress Hema Malini received the ‘Indian Film Personality of the Year 2021’ award at the 52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI). Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur named Hema and lyricist Prasoon Joshi as the recipients of the award on 18 Nov. The festival started from November 20 & held till November 28.
- The Indian Youth Congress (IYC) has filed a police complaint against actress Kangana Ranaut for allegedly making “seditious” remarks on Instagram after the repeal of the three farm laws. As per the complaint, Ranaut had on Friday called for a ‘dictatorship’ in India. Ranaut’s “intentional, irresponsible” posts can “excite hatred, contempt and disaffection towards the republic of India”, it added.
- The Bombay high court has said there was “nothing objectionable” in the WhatsApp chats extracted from Aryan Khan’s phone as part of the probe in the high-profile Mumbai cruise drugs case.
- Tollywood Telugu Legendary actor Kaikala Satyanarayana was admitted to hospital after complaining of breathlessness on Friday. His condition is said to be critical. Doctors are constantly monitoring the 86-year-old actor’s parameters. He was admitted to hospital last month too, for treatment of age-related problems. Hailed as one of the finest actors in Telugu cinema, Kaikala, a recipient of the Raghupathi Venkaiah Award, has acted in over 700 films.
- The Indian Navy will commission INS Visakhapatnam, one of the four stealth guided-missile destroyer ships under Project 15B, on Sunday (21 Nov) at the naval dockyard in Mumbai. According to the Indian Navy, defence minister Rajnath Singh will be the chief guest at the commissioning ceremony of INS Visakhapatnam, built by the Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL).
- 30 Light Combat Helicopters to be produced per annum, claims HAL :
LCH is the only Attack Helicopter in the world which can land and take-off at an altitude of 5000 m (16400 ft) with considerable load of weapons and fuel meeting the specific requirements of Indian Armed Forces. HAL to deliver first Light Combat Aircraft Tejas Mk-1A in March 2024. HAL CMD R Madhavan said.
- France has deployed the Horizon-class air defence destroyer FNS Chevalier Paul in the Indian Ocean as part of France’s permanent military presence in the region. The French government said the destroyer is making a port call at Mumbai currently and will later sail to Kochi as part of Indo-French naval cooperation.
- PASSING OUT PARADE AT OTA : A total of 178 cadets, including 25 from foreign countries like Afghanistan and Bhutan, passed out of the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on Saturday. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the training schedule has been delayed by a few months. Lt General Chandi Prasad Mohanty, Vice Chief of the Army Staff, reviewed the passing out parade.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Nepal will not allow people from third countries to travel to India by rail via the Kurtha-Jayanagar railroad after Indian officials expressed security concerns, the 34.9km-long cross-border rail link connecting Jaynagar in Bihar to Kurtha in Nepal. The Jaynagar-Kurtha section is part of the 68.7km Jaynagar-Bijalpura-Bardidas rail link built under the Government of India”s grant assistance of NPR 8.77 billion.
- China deploys strategic long-range H-6K bomber closer to India border : along its borders with India sending a signal not to escalate tensions.
- Direct flights between Pune and Dubai from the Lohegaon international airport in Pune will begin March 27, 2022.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- U.S. President Joe Biden briefly transferred power to Vice President Kamala Harris Friday as he underwent a colonoscopy, making her the first woman to hold the presidential reins in U.S. history.
Vice President Kamala Harris held presidential powers for a total of one hour and 25 minutes while President Joe Biden was under anesthetic, the White House said.
- Rolls-Royce has claimed that its all-electric aircraft has set record for the “world’s fastest all-electric vehicle” after it reached a maximum speed of 623km/h.
- China’s birth rate fell below 1% in 2020, marking the lowest rate of childbirth in 43 years, official statistics have revealed.
- Travellers who are fully vaccinated with the shots from Sinopharm, Sinovac and Covaxin will be allowed to enter Canada starting November 30.
- The UK’s national weather service the Meteorological Office, or Met Office has warned of snow hitting London late next week, with freezing conditions expected by forecasters. Temperatures in London could drop to as low as -3°C on Thursday, with heavy snowfall expected in the north of the country on Monday due to a cold snap drifting from the Arctic.
Double Olympic PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth crash out of Indonesia Masters Super 750 badminton tournament : After suffering straight game defeats in the women’s and men’s singles semifinals respectively to bring the curtains down on Indian campaign on 20 Nov. Sindhu lost to Japanese top seed Akane Yamaguchi while Srikanth was outplayed by third seed Anders Antonsen of Denmark.
BCCI Secretary Jay Shah has said that the 15th season of the IPL scheduled for 2022, will take place in India,
$USD 74.31💷GBP 99.91
CUBA : HAVANA
Prez : Miguel Díaz-Canel
The Cuban Peso Nacional (CUP) is the national Cuban currency
1 Cuban Peso =
MANIPUR : Imphal
CM : Nongthombam Biren Singh
Gvnr : La. Ganesan
🥇Gold ₹49,880@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 99.77
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.21
LPG : ₹1051/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 59,636.01
NIFTY : 17,764.80
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
A treaty agreement between China and India in 1954 is called Panchasheel. This agreement stated the five principles as:
- Mutual respect for each other’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
- Mutual non-aggression.
- Mutual non-interference in each other’s internal affairs.
- Equality and cooperation for mutual benefit.
- Peaceful co-existence.
😀Thought of the day
The struggle ends when gratitude begins
JOKE OF THE DAY
Jyotish ladke ke haath dekhkar bola🖐🏻
“Beta tum bahut padhoge”
Ladka : Arey Bhai padh to mein 4 saal se raha hu,
ye bata paas kab hounga???🙄🤔
Why watch advertisements always shows 10.10
When we see a watch ad, we will mostly likely look at a watch showing 10:10 in their face. Almost many watch ads follow this, no matter what company it belongs to. I have been wondering why is it so. Here are the reasons people say,
1) Symmetrical Look: When the watch is at 10:10 we get a vertical symmetry in the face of the clock. But we get the same with 9:45 or8:20 or some other time. Then why is it 10:10 ?
2) Smiley Look: When we look at a watch at 10:10, we see as if the watch is smiling. It is better to have a smiling face, rather than having a crying face when the time is at 8:20. Well that is one good reason, since it enlightens peoples mind while looking at the ad.
3) Victory: When the clock is at 10:10, the hands are similar to the letter “v” which symbolises victory. May not be the actual reason, but we can say this as one of the reasons.
4) Abraham Lincoln: Many say that it is due to Abraham Lincoln died at that time and so the watches are showing 10:10. But some say that, Lincoln is shot at night at around 10:15, and died in the next day morning at around 7:22. So this ain’t the correct the reason
सिंहवत्सर्ववेगेन पतन्त्यर्थे किलार्थिनः॥
siṃhavatsarvavegena patantyarthe kilārthinaḥ॥
Those who intend to get work done cast themselves on the task with all possible speed, like a lion.
जो कार्य संपन्न करना चाहते हैं, वे सिंह की तरह अधिकतम वेग से कार्य पर टूट पड़ते हैं।
उद्भ्रान्त : Upset
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Anesthesia works
There are two primary types of anesthesia drugs: those that knockout the whole body (general) and those that only numb things up locally.
Local anesthetics block the nerves that connect a particular body part or region to the brain, preventing the nerves from carrying pain signals to your brain. Examples include novocaine shots, which dentists use to numb the nerves in your mouth during a root canal, and epidurals, which allow for a (relatively) painless childbirth by blocking the nerves that originate at the base of the spinal cord and serve the pelvic region.
For serious surgeries that require a patient to be completely unaware, doctors turn to general anesthesia. This renders patients unconscious with no perception or memory of the surgery (though pain from the surgical procedure will be apparent once you wake up). It also limits the physiological responses to surgical cuts, keeping blood pressure, stress hormone release and heart rate constant during the procedure.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
21 November – World Television Day
World Television Day is celebrated on 21 November every year. According to the UN, this day highlights the major role that television plays in daily life by presenting different issues that affect people. UN General Assembly on 17 December 1996 proclaimed 21 November as World Television Day.
Philo Taylor Farnsworth was an American inventor and television pioneer . He made many crucial contributions to the early development of all-electronic television
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Harekrushna Mahatab (21 November 1899 – 2 January 1987) was a leader of the Indian National Congress, a notable figure in the Indian independence movement and the Chief Minister of Odisha from 1946 to 1950 and again from 1956 to 1961.
He was popularly known by the sobriquet “Utkal Keshari”.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
It’s not rocket science It’s not complicated
Ancient – Modern
Alike – Same
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
In India Society people give cash gifts/Donations of 11, 21, 51 ,101,501,inspite of 10, 20 50,101,501…..?
Indian societies, gifting money to someone is a sign of expressing love and care. But the amount should not end with 0 as it signifies the end and hence the end of the relationship. So to make it convenient and socially acceptable the amount given usually ends with digit one, eg. 10+1, 20+1, 50+1, 100+1, 501…… etc.
Another reason for why a rupee extra is given is that this coin is considered to be divine and is called as “Shagun ka paisa”. This conventional belief is still practised but the intensity has been diminished by the newly emerging modern world.
If the rupee is not added the sum total will be separable or it will end in zero which indicates the end, so adding the rupee will make the number odd hence assuring continuity.🙏🏻💐
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Walnuts are rich in fiber, vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, and iron that makes it a healthy dry fruit.
Control cholesterol levels – Akhrot (walnuts) control cholesterol levels and improve the functioning of your heart. They help in decreasing LDL (bad cholesterol) and improving the function of blood vessels. They also cut the risk of plaque buildup in arteries.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼