21 Jun (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Grishma (Summer)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Ashada 17, (Purnimanta)
Ashada 03, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Pushya Ashlesha
Tithi: Tritiya (up to 3:10 pm) Chaturthi
Rahu: 12:28 PM – 02:09 PM
Yamaganda: 07:26 AM – 09:07 AM
YOGA DAY: WHY IT WILL BE CELEBRATEN ON JUNE 21 ..? : https://youtu.be/Zm5sfUIji0M
TODAYS TOP NEWS
🧘♂️ INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY: 21 JUNE 🧘♀️
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Tuesday recommended adding a section in the Indian Telecommunication Bill, 2022, to promote, protect and prioritise submarine cables and cable landing stations (CLS) since they are critical assets.
- GEMCOVAC-OM has been approved for emergency use by the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to provide immunity against the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
- ISRO’s commercial arm NewSpace India will install mobile satellite service terminals on at least one lakh fishing boats across nine states and four union territories.
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya chaired a high-level review meeting on public health preparedness regarding heat waves across the country on Tuesday.
- Bengaluru Police are all set to use drone cameras at eight junctions to tackle traffic congestions across the city.
- Former Maharashtra CM and Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday said his party supports Uniform Civil Code (UCC).
- The Manipur government has extended the suspension of internet services till June 25. The decision comes after Manipur High Court directed the state government to provide limited internet services to citizens at designated places.
- The Punjab Assembly on Tuesday passed a bill to replace the governor with the chief minister as the chancellor of state-run universities.
- The Delhi government on Tuesday extended the permit validity of taxis running on CNG and other clean fuels for up to 15 years.
- Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on Tuesday visited the Bahanaga Bazar railway station in Odisha, where 292 people lost their lives in the triple train accident. He announced ₹2 crore for the development of nearby villages.
- Union Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone of Bharat Mala Green Field Six-Lane Ring Road project at village Kutail in Karnal district of Haryana.
- West Bengal Governor CV Ananda Bose on Tuesday organised the West Bengal ‘Foundation Day’ programme at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata despite objections by CM Mamata Banerjee.
- Punjab Assembly passes Sikh Gurdwara (Amendment) Bill, 2023, to ensure free telecast of Gurbani from Golden Temple
- The Personnel Ministry announced that the central government has launched a new collection of courses called “Dakshta” on the iGOT Karmayogi Platform.
- The central government of India has recently taken a proactive step towards improving the well-being of its employees by introducing the “Y-Break – Yoga at Office Chair” protocol. This initiative, spearheaded by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy).
- Government on Tuesday appointed Swaminathan Janakiraman as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India for three years. He will succeed Mahesh Kumar Jain, whose tenure will end this week.
- Senior IAS officer Amit Agrawal has assumed the charge as the Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of Unique Identification Authority of India, UIDAI on Tuesday.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- Leading Muslim bodies have come out in opposition to the proposed Uniform Civil Code.
- Posters saying “Don’t wear short clothes, half pants, mini skirts, night suits” have been pasted outside some temples in MP’s Bhopal by an organisation called Sanskriti Bachao Manch Madhya Pradesh.
- At least one person died and several others sustained injuries after the balcony on the second floor of a building collapsed during the Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath in Dariyapur in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad.
- Financial influencer Ashesh Mehta and his wife Shivangi have been accused of running a ₹300 crore drug distribution network from their home, Madhya Pradesh. The couple is reported to have fled the country after transferring more than ₹170 crore earned through the sale of drugs into various bank accounts.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹.82.02
💷 GBP ₹.104.56
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 63,327.70 +159.40 (0.25%)🔺
NIFTY: 18,816.70 +61.25 (0.33%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,110/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 73,100/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Bureau of Indian Standards makes license mandatory for 24 footwear products from 1st July.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced on June 19 that it has imposed monetary penalties on three cooperative banks, Rs 50 lakh penalty on Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank, Rs 65 lakh on Andhra Pradesh Mahesh Co-operative Urban Bank, and Rs 6 lakh on The Urban Co-operative Bank, for violating rules.
- Road, Transport and Highways Ministry has issued a draft notification proposing Motor Third Party Premium and Liability Rules for the Financial Year 2023-24.
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation, EPFO’s provisional payroll data released on Tuesday revealed that EPFO has added 17.20 lakh net members in April this year as compared to the net addition of 13.40 lakh members during March, 2023.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- Actor Ram Charan welcomed his daughter with wife Upasana Kamineni on Tuesday, the actor’s fans gathered outside the Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad to celebrate the couple’s first child’s birth.
- The All Indian Cine Workers Association (AICWA), in an open letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has demanded a ban on the screening of Adipurush. AICWA believes the movie, based on the Ramayana, :”clearly” defames the Image of Lord Ram and Lord Hanuman and hurts “religious sentiments of Hindus and Sanatan Dharma”.
- The film portrays Lord Ram and Ravan in a manner that resembles video game characters, with dialogues that have caused offence to Indians both within the country and around the world, says AICWA in the letter.
- Actor Sunil Lahri reacted to claims that ‘Adipurush’ is a “modern” take on Ramayan. “[If it’s being called modern Ramayan] they should’ve used machine gun or AK-47 instead of bows and arrows, they could’ve used Mercedes or BMW,” Lahri opined.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home : Amit Shah
Chief of Defence Staff: Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- The multinational peacekeeping joint exercise, EX KHAAN QUEST 2023, has commenced in Mongolia, marking an important event in the realm of international military cooperation. This 14-day exercise aims to enhance interoperability, share experiences, and train uniformed personnel for United Nations.
- India to gift indigenously-built in-service Missile Corvette INS Kirpan to Vietnam.
- The military reform planners are putting up a proposal for two adversary-specific land theatre commands and one maritime theatre command.
- India’s plan for theatre commands is in line with similar hierarchies in the US or China with theatre commanders holding four-star rank. In India, the theatre commanders will report to the CDS who is also the Permanent Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC).
- Indian Navy to organise ‘Ocean Ring of Yoga’ to commemorate International Yoga Day
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will join Indian Navy personnel to perform yoga onboard aircraft carrier INS Vikrant on the occasion of International Day of Yoga on Wednesday.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Oman Creates History as First Foreign Government to Promote Country through Yoga. In a pioneering initiative, the Indian Embassy in the Sultanate of Oman has introduced an innovative video called ‘Soulful Yoga, Serene Oman’ on the eve of the International Day of Yoga 2023.
- Modi will lead global celebration of Yoga at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, USA on Wednesday.
- Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister Parshottam Rupala held a bilateral meeting with Canada’s Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Marie-Claude Bibeau in New Delhi on Tuesday.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- World Bank to approve aid package worth 700 million to crisis-hit Sri Lanka.
- UAE and Qatar reopen embassies to restore diplomatic ties.
- Jack Ma, the billionaire cofounder of Alibaba who disappeared from public life in 2020, has given his first class as a teacher at Tokyo University on June 12 in Japan.
- Writer Salman Rushdie has been awarded a prestigious German prize for his literary work and for his resolve and positive attitude in the face of constant danger, the prize organisers said on June 19.
- Shahzada Dawood, one of Pakistan’s richest men and Engro Corporation’s Vice Chairman, went missing along with his son in the Atlantic Ocean on board the submarine taking tourists to visit Titanic’s wreckage. He’s also the Director of Dawood Hercules Corporation, which makes chemicals.
- Cyclone in Brazil kills 13, leaves thousands homeless.
- Estonia’s Parliament on Tuesday approved a law to legalise same-sex marriage, making it the first Baltic country to do.
- Taliban has reportedly carried out the second public execution since its 2021 takeover of Afghanistan, in the Laghman province. A man named Ajmal was executed for allegedly killing five people.
- Pakistani subsidiary of Japanese automaker Suzuki has decided to keep its motorcycle and automobile plants in Pakistan closed from June 22-July 8 due to import restrictions.
- China on Tuesday signed an agreement with cash-strapped Pakistan to set up a 1,200-megawatt nuclear power plant at Chashma in the Mianwali district of Punjab in Pakistan.
- Nusrat Chowdhury, a civil rights lawyer, has been confirmed by the Senate as the first Muslim female federal judge in US history.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian to win bronze medal at Asian Fencing Championships in China.
- Australia opener Usman Khawaja has become the second cricketer from his country to bat on all five days of a Test. The 36-year-old achieved the feat after coming in to bat on last day of the first Ashes 2023 Test at Edgbaston. Khawaja scored 141(321) in first innings and he started the Day 5 on 34*(81) in second innings.
UNION TERRITORY: Puducherry (PY)
Lieutenant governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
CM: N. Rangaswamy
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Chola Dynasty was a Tamil thalassocratic empire of southern India, one of the longest-ruling dynasties in world history. The earliest datable references to the Chola are in inscriptions from the 3rd century BCE left by Ashoka, of the Maurya Empire. As one of the Three Crowned Kings of Tamilakam, along with the Chera and Pandya, the dynasty continued to govern over varying territory until the 13th century CE.
The cholas had a good navy. The Chola navy played a vital role in the expansion of the Chola Empire, including the conquest of the Ceylon islands.
😀Thought of the day
True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life.
Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived
JOKE OF THE DAY
What did the yogi tell his mom when she wanted to leave in the middle of yoga class?
Nah ma, stay! 🙏🏻😅
Why we celebrate International Yoga Day on 21st June?
On December 11, 2014, the UN proclaimed June 21 as International Yoga Day. Authorities said they chose the date because it is the longest day and is considered important in many parts of the world.
The truth is there are two solstices or days with the longest period of sunlight.
भवतः सर्वं अहं जानामि । = I know all your secrets
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
The word yoga was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, the Rig Veda. The Vedas were a collection of texts containing songs, mantras and rituals to be used by Brahmans, the Vedic priests
Sage Maharshi Patanjali
Though Yoga was being practiced in the pre-Vedic period, the great Sage Maharshi Patanjali systematized and codified the then existing practices of Yoga, its meaning and its related knowledge through his Yoga Sutras
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
21 June – INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY 🧘♀️🧘♂️
International Yoga Day is celebrated across the globe on 21 June to raise awareness about yoga in life and to make people aware of the benefits of yoga. In India, International Yoga Day is celebrated by the Ministry of AYUSH.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Abhinandan Varthaman VrC (born 21 June 1983) is an Indian Air Force fighter pilot who, during the 2019 India–Pakistan standoff, was held captive in Pakistan for 60 hours after his aircraft was shot down in an aerial dogfight. He was awarded with Vir Chakra by the Indian government for downing a PAF F-16 with his MiG-21 Bison
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Smell a rat
Suspect a foul play
Fear x Courage
Ballot = Poll
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
THE YAJURVEDA is a collection of short prose used in rituals. There are two versions of Yajur Veda, Krishna Yajurveda and Shukla Yajurveda. While the Krishna Yajurveda is a collection of prose and verses, Shukla Yajurveda is composed entirely from mantras. The Krishna Yajurveda comprises of three books, Taittriya Samhitas, Maitrayani Samhitas, and the Kathaka-Samhitas Shukla Yajurveda contains only one book i.e Vajasaneyi Samhita.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
YOGA supports stress management, mental health, mindfulness, healthy eating, weight loss and quality sleep
🧘♀️Yoga helps with back pain relief.
Yoga is as good as basic stretching for easing pain and improving mobility in people with lower back pain.
The American College of Physicians recommends yoga as a first-line treatment for chronic low back pain.
Try it: Cat-Cow Pose
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT