21 Jul (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 08, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 22(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944 Nakshatra:Ashwini (up to 2:17 pm) Bharani
Titi: Ashtami (up to 8:12 am) Navami
RahuKaal: 02:12 PM – 03:51 PM
YOGA FOR ACIDITY: https://youtu.be/VhHmTrJ9VCA
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- The counting of votes for the 16th Presidential Election will be taken up tomorrow. It will start at 11 A. M. in Parliament House Complex.
- Parliament Proceedings: Both houses adjourned for the day amid ruckus over price rise and GST hike on essential commodities.
- Union Govt has said that there is no proposal for operating regular passenger trains by private operators under consideration at present. In a written reply in Lok Sabha, the Minister of Railways Ashwini Vaishnaw said, two Tejas trains running by IRCTC were not operational for a long period in view of COVID-19.
- The Govt has directed all the Central Higher Educational Institutions to fill up the vacancies of reserved category teaching posts in a mission mode within a period of one year.
- Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Piyush Goyal has said that after the intervention of the Centre, the Telangana Govt has decided to start distribution of foodgrains under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana which was stopped from April this year in the state.
- CHHATTISGARH: The monsoon session of the Chhattisgarh Vidhan Sabha began today. This session will have six sittings and conclude on July 27.
- GUJARAT : United States Department of Agriculture-Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA-APHIS) today approved the Irradiation Facility set up at Bavla in Ahmedabad by Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation.
- J&K: Jammu District Administration made use of face masks compulsory in all public places in view of raise in COVID cases.
- KARNATAKA CM Bommai assures funds for Cauvery Basin development.
- KERALA : Monkeypox diagnostic testing introduced at National Institute of Virology in Alappuzha
- MAHARASHTRA : Supreme Court accepts Banthia Commission report paving way for reservation for Other Backward Classes in Local Body Elections in Maharashtra.
- MANIPUR Landslides: Rescue operation ends, Railway to provide employment to next kin of victims. landslide occurred on the intervening night of 29th and 30th of last month. The rescue and search operation has been conducted for the last twenty-one days and the team has been able to retrieve 56 dead bodies while five are still missing. Eighteen persons were rescued alive.
- TRIPURA CM Dr Manik Saha on Wednesday said that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
- UTTARAKHAND : 2 killed, 6 injured after collapse of under-construction bridge in Rudraprayag district.
- TELANGANA Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders and workers took to the streets across the state on Wednesday to protest against the Centre’s decision to impose Goods and Services Tax (GST) on packaged milk and dairy products. “The party condemns the anti-people policies of the Centre and will continue to resist till a rollback is announced,” TRS MLA Danam Nagender said.
- NEW APPOINTMENT: 2012 batch IAS officer K Srinivas appointed Bengaluru Urban Deputy commissioner.
- SIDHU MOOSEWALA MURDER : Two gangsters allegedly involved in the murder of singer Sidhu Moosewala were killed in a nearly four-hour-long encounter with the Punjab Police at an Amritsar village on Wednesday.
- ADGP Promod Ban confirms the operation concluded successfully as both Manpreet Mannu & Jagroop Roopa, who killed Moosewala were neutralized in a heavy exchange of fire.
- Alt News Co-founder Mohammed Zubair was released from Delhi’s Tihar Jail on Wednesday, 24 days after he was arrested over a 2018 tweet. Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court granted interim bail to Zubair in all six FIRs registered against him in Uttar Pradesh.
- Haryana Police on Wednesday arrested the truck driver who allegedly ran over DSP Surender Singh during an illegal mining check in Nuh a day ago.
- The accused named Mittar was nabbed from Rajasthan’s Bharatpur, Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij said. The DSP had signalled a stone-laden truck to slow down, but the driver instead speed up and ran him over.
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted a raid in Jamia Maria Niswa Madrasa and arrested Asghar Ali in Bihar’s Purvi Champaran district. This comes after police busted a potential terror module in Bihar and arrested accused with links to Islamic extremist outfit Popular Front of India (PFI).
💷 GBP ₹95.85
BSE Sensex 55,397.53
NIFTY : 16,520.85
Wipro Limited on Wednesday reported a 20.93% YoY decline in its consolidated profit after tax to ₹2,563.6 crore for the March-June quarter. The company’s consolidated revenue, however, rose 15.51% YoY to ₹22,001 crore in Q1 FY23.
Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered a case of money laundering against producer Prerna Arora, known for producing films including ‘Pad Man’ and ‘Toilet – Ek Prem Katha’. Prerna allegedly faces fraud charges of ₹31 crore. ED summoned her but she didn’t appear as she’s not in Mumbai.
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: Indian Army makes extensive preparations to honour brave hearts of 1999 Kargil War. In the run-up to 23rd Kargil Vijay Diwas on 26th of this month, Indian Army has taken up several activities. For the 3-day commemoration activities starting from 24th to 26th of July at Kargil War Memorial in Drass.
- Indian Army chief General Manoj Pande paid a visit to Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina at the latter’s residence in Dhaka.
- The Indian Army chief is on a three-day visit to Bangladesh at the invitation of his counterpart General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed. General Pande is being accompanied by a three-member delegation and his wife Archana Pande.
- A fire broke out at the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya while operating off the Karnataka coast today, the Indian Navy said in a statement. The fire was brought under control by the crew. No casualties were reported.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Bangladeshi PM Sheikh Hasina has invited West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to come and see the newly-constructed Padma Bridge there. “This bridge is expected to strengthen bilateral ties between Bangladesh and West Bengal, or rather entire India and open up new avenues for bilateral trade,” Hasina wrote in a letter to Banerjee. Notably, the 6.51-km-long bridge is Bangladesh’s longest bridge.
- Indonesia is expected to buy the ship-borne variant of the cruise missile for its warships, and a team from the Indo-Russian joint venture, BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (BAPL), has already visited Indonesia’s shipyard to study the possibility of fitting the missile.
- A 12-year-old girl from Kyrgyzstan with an extremely deformed spine underwent surgery at a private hospital in Delhi that reduced her spine curvature from 130 degrees to 30 degrees, according to a statement. The girl suffers from Progressive Dorsolumbar Scoliosis, a rare condition that affects about three children out of every one lakh.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sri Lanka, acting President Ranil Wickremesinghe elected new President on 20 Jul.
- UN accuses Taliban of extrajudicial killings & torture since takeover.
- US President Joe Biden on Wednesday said the United States will host an African nations summit in December to discuss food security and climate change. The US-Africa Leaders Summit will be held from December 13 to 15.
- Former British Finance Minister, Rishi Sunak among final 2 contenders for UK PM, wins most votes in latest voting round.
- The European Commission on Wednesday published emergency plan to immediately decrease gas demand in the European Union countries as fear of Russia cutting off supplies looms ahead of winter.
- Airstrikes by Turkey killed eight tourists and wounded over a dozen people in northern Iraq on Wednesday.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) hopes to complete negotiations with Sri Lanka on a bailout package “as quickly as possible”, IMF MD Kristalina Georgieva said.
- PM Modi interacts with Indian contingent for upcoming Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
- Indian athletics contingent, sprinter Dhanalakshmi, who beat both Hima Das and Dutee Chand as recently as last month, has been temporarily barred from competition after testing positive for anabolic steroids.
- The ICC on Wednesday released the latest rankings for men’s ODI bowlers. India pacer Jasprit Bumrah, who didn’t feature in India’s third ODI against England, dropped to the second spot in the rankings. New Zealand fast bowler Trent Boult replaced him as the world number one ODI bowler. Meanwhile, India leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal jumped four spots to the 16th position.
- The 36th edition of the annual Shooting show-piece event – Shooting World Cup 2022, which started as a seven-leg event earlier this year in February concluded on July 21.
BIHAR : PATNA
Gvnr : Phagu Chauhan
CM : Nitish Kumar
Formed : 22 Mar 1912
Statehood : 26 Jan 1950
Dist : 38
🥇Gold ₹50,600 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹55,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹107.59/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹94.36/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,129/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Ludhiana is a district in the Indian state of Punjab. … The city stands on the Sutlej River’s old bank, 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) south of its present course.
Ludhiana was founded in 1480 by members of the ruling Lodhi dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate. The ruling sultan, Sikandar Lodhi, dispatched two ruling chiefs of his dynasty, Yusaf Khan and Nihand Khan, to assert Lodhi control over the region. The two men camped at the site of present Ludhiana, which was then a village called Mir Hota.
Yusaf Khan crossed the Sutlej & established Sultanpur, while Nihand Khan founded Ludhiana on the site of Mir Hota. The name was originally “Lodhi-ana”, meaning “Lodhi town”, which has since shifted to the present form of Ludhiana.
😀Thought of the day
A good leader inspires others with confidence in him; a great leader inspires them with confidence in themselves.
JOKE OF THE DAY
दीवार पर लिखा था
“ यहां कुत्ते🐶 सुसु करते हैं!”
पप्पू ने वहां सुसु किया और
फिर हंस कर बोला:😄😆😝
इसे कहते हैं दिमाग..🤩😇
सुसु मैंने किया और नाम कुत्ते 🐕का आएगा!! 😜
Why Does sometimes our Stomach Make Noises?
The noises your stomach makes, called borborygmi, are normal intestinal sounds that occur during the digestive process. “The smooth muscles that line the gut contract and squeeze food and gas through 30 feet of small intestine and large intestine. This process, called peristalsis, generates stomach sounds
आलिङ्गन* ( Aalingan): Hug
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Human Biological clock works ⏰
It is an innate mechanism that controls the physiological activities of an organism which change on a daily, seasonal, yearly, or other regular cycle.
“ Biological clock ” is located in two tiny structures called the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCNs), located in the left and the right hypothalamus and bordering on the third ventricle. The neurons of these two nuclei are among the smallest in the brain.
Sleep-wake and other daily patterns are part of our circadian rhythms, (circum means “around” and dies, “day”) which are governed by the body’s internal or biological clock. The body’s master clock, or SCN, controls the production of melatonin, a hormone that makes you sleepy.
The pineal gland, conarium, or epiphysis cerebri, is a small endocrine gland in the brain of most vertebrates. The pineal gland produces melatonin. From the optic nerve of the eye, light travels to the SCN, signaling the internal clock that it is time to be awake.
Menopause, or the cessation of menstrual periods, generally occurs in the 40s and 50s and marks the cessation of fertility, although age-related infertility can occur before then. The relationship between age and female fertility is sometimes referred to as a woman’s “biological clock.”
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
India received its first Nobel Prize in physics in 1930 , when scientist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman was awarded “for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him”. This phenomenon is now known as Raman Effect.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Jairamdas Daulatram (21 July 1891 – 1 March 1979) was an Indian political leader in the Indian independence movement.
After India’s independence, Daulatram served as the Governor of the Indian states of Bihar and later Assam
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A man of straw – A weak person
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
One of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimages, Amarnath is worldwide famous for the natural formation of Shiva Linga from the snow. This divine Yatra to the holy cave is opened only in the months of Shravan i.e. July and August as these are the only months when it is quite easy to access the holy cave. The name of this divine cave is comprised of two segments i.e. Amar which means immortal and Nath which means Lord. The name only suggests that this is the immortal place where Lord Shiva revealed the secret of life and death to his wife Goddess Parvati
A very popular legend states that Goddess Parvati demanded from Lord Shiva to reveal the secrets of the precious life and death but he didn’t want anybody to hear this secret. So, they decided to hit for the cave in the mountains as it could be quite difficult to be accessed by any common person and even for the gods also. Lord Shiva wanted to keep the secret between them only so they left all his companions and belongings on the way itself. For example, Nandi which was his ride was left behind at Pahalgam, the moon which was adorned on the top of his head was left at Chandanwadi , the snake which he used to wrap around his neck was left at Shesh Nag, and at last the five basic elements of life which he had carried were left at Panchtarni . They even left his son Lord Ganesha at Mahaguna top and all these left belongings and companions are found by the devotees en route the mountainous trek.
The water freezes as it dripss slowly to form a tall, sharp, smooth conic ice shape— the lingam. It gets its full shape by May after which it begins melting gradually and by August it’s reduced to just a few feet in height
According to a Hindu belief, this divine cave was found by Buta Malik who was a shepherd . The story goes like this that the shepherd once met with a saint here and that saint sent him a bag full of coal. When he reached home and opened the bag he got surprised because the coal bag had been transformed into the bag filled with gold coins. He wanted to thank that saint and went to the same place where he had met with the shepherd but he couldn’t find him and there was a shrine established at that place. Since then the place has been named as Amarnath shrine.
The Shiva-lingam, which is the prime object of spiritual offerings at Amarnath is formed by trickling water falling from a narrow cleft on the cave’s roof.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
CORIANDER LEAVES is an herb that’s commonly used in Indian food.
Coriander or cilantro is a wonderful source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well.
Coriander has been used as a digestive aid. Drinking coriander water in the morning can help improve digestion throughout the day, and boost metabolism. Both these properties can help aid the weight loss process.
Strengthens the hair : Coriander is known to be rich in vitamins like Vitamin K, C, and A. All these are very vital for hair strength and growth.
Coriander contains essential oils that are antioxidant, anti-infectious and antimicrobial in nature. It also contains vitamin C and iron that helps strengthen the immune system
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼