𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
21 Dec (Tuesday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष*::
Month: Pausha 02, (Purnimata)
Agrahayana 17 (Amanta)
Titi: Dwitiya (up to 2:54 pm) Tritiya
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 03:03 PM – 04:22 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s Covid vaccination coverage has crossed 138 crore 26 lakh mark. Out of the total vaccination, more than 82 crore 82 lakh vaccine doses have been administered as first dose, while over 55 crore 43 lakh doses have been administered as second dose
- PM Modi to visit Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh today (21 Dec); to participate in programme that will be attended by over two lakh women. In this endeavour to support women, the PM will transfer an amount of Rs. 1000 crore in the bank account of Self Help Groups (SHGs), benefitting around 16 lakh women members of the SHGs.
- The Election Laws (Amendment) Bill 2021, that provides linking of electoral rolls with Aadhar number to check duplication was passed in the Lok Sabha.
- The Bill provides linking of Aadhaar number with electoral rolls besides giving four opportunities to enrol in a calendar year as a voter upon attaining the age of 18. Besides, the Bill has provisions of gender neutrality in regard with service voters and to enable the requisition of any premises for election purposes.
- Parliament has passed the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) (Amendment) Bill, 2021 with the Rajya Sabha approving it. The Lok Sabha has already passed the bill. The legislation seeks to replace the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021.
- NADI UTSAV 2021: Started on December 16, 2021 and will conclude on December 23, 2021. Nadi Utsav 2021 is a pan India celebration. It is being organised collectively by Ministry of Jal Shakti, Ministry of Tradition, Ministry of Tourism and Nationwide Mission for Clear Ganga. Events are being held across 22 states and 170 districts in India.
- DELHI : Delhi govt revokes ban on construction & demolition sites including entry of trucks in capital.
- GOA Congress working president and MLA Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco resigned from the party ahead of the State Assembly elections next year. Lourenco was to contest from his constituency Curtorim in the upcoming elections. As per reports, the ex-Congress MLA is likely to join Trinamool Congress (TMC).
- J&K : The J&K Delimitation Commission has proposed to increase six assembly seats for the Jammu division and one for the Kashmir division. For the first time, in Jammu and Kashmir, nine seats are proposed to be allocated for Scheduled Tribes and Seven seats are proposed for Scheduled Castes.
- KERALA : President Ram Nath Kovind will arrive in Kerala today on a four day visit to the state. The President is scheduled to reach Kannur Airport afternoon, and will proceed to Kasaragod, where he will participate in the fifth convocation of the Central University of Kerala.
- NAGALAND passes resolution seeking roll-back of AFSPA. The Nagaland Legislative Assembly unanimously resolves to demand that the Govt of India repeal the AFSPA 1958 from the North East and specifically from Nagaland so as to strengthen the ongoing efforts to find a peaceful political settlement to the Naga political issue.
- The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958, also known as AFSPA, is in force in Nagaland, Manipur, Assam, parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir. It allows security forces to open fire on any person on suspicion, and arrest individuals and search premises without warrants, in designated disturbed areas.
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions is celebrating ‘Good Governance Week 2021’ on December 20-25.
- TELANGANA Rashtra Samithi (TRS) on 20 Dec organised state-wide protests against “anti-farmer policies” of the government.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Four National highways with total length of 146 kms built at a cost of Rs 3037 crore in Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh on 20 Dec. The minister also laid foundation stone for 3 national highway projects which will cover 86 kms with a total cost of Rs 1,123 crore in Jaunpur
- A prominent diamantaire has allegedly defaulted repaying loans worth Rs 16.72 crore to the government-backed private sector IDBI Bank Ltd, Mumbai.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that banks have recovered Rs 13,109.17 crore from asset sale of fugitives like Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi as of July 2021 as per the information provided by the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
- The State Bank of India is celebrating its centenary year in the UK with the launch of a new ‘Namaste UK’ account, aimed at benefitting Indian students and professionals on long-term visas to be able to set up their banking services in Britain before they set off from India.
- The last date of filing income tax return (ITR) for FY 2020-21 is December 31, 2021. This deadline has already been extended twice – first from the usual deadline of July 31 to September 30, 2021, and then to the current deadline of December 31, 2021.
- Banks have raised a red flag over the Reserve Bank of India’s plan to bring in a Central Bank Digital Currency. Banking stakeholders are concerned over the potential drop in deposits, disruption in the debt market, reduction in credit creation and impact on lending rates due to the retail CBDC.
- Actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan left the Enforcement Directorate’s Delhi offices Monday night after being questioned for over five hours in connection with alleged forex violations related to the ‘Panama Papers’.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for questioning in a case linked to the 2016 ‘Panama Papers’ global tax leaks case.
- The ED has been probing the case since 2016 when the global leaks came to light. It later issued notices to the Bachchan family asking them to explain their foreign remittances since 2004 under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) of the RBI.
- New Bollywood Hindi Movies 2021 – upcoming hindi movies releases
24 Dec 2021 83
24 Dec Atrangi Re
31 Dec Jersey
07 Jan 2022 RRR
- Govind Ahuja (born 21 December 1963), known mononymously as Govinda, is an Indian film actor, dancer, and former politician known for his work in Hindi films. Govinda’s first film was 1986’s Ilzaam, and he has appeared in over 165 Hindi films.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has signed a Rs 2,400 crores contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the development and supply of 20 types of systems for 83 LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) Tejas Mk1A fighter aircraft programme. The duration of the contract is 5 years i.e., from 2023 to 2028
- The indigenously-developed light combat aircraft ‘Tejas’ is not being inducted as a replacement of MIG-21 fighter jet, the Defence Ministry said
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh recently launched Rashtriya Ekta Geet, which has been composed by the National Cadet Core cadets. Rashtriya Ekta Geet has been composed in 22 languages. It is based on the theme of national integration.
- Army helping 700 Afghan personnel present in country on all fronts. The 700 Afghan personnel, who have around 100 dependents with them, were attending training courses at different Indian military academies and establishments when the Taliban took over their country in mid-August.
- India was annually providing the fledgling Afghan National Army with around 1,000 vacancies in its various institutions, ranging from the Indian Military Academy at Dehradun, Officers’ Training Academy at Chennai and National Defence Academy at Khadakvasla to the Army War College and Infantry School at Mhow, School of Artillery at Deolali and College of Military Engineering at Pune. On December 11, for instance, 40 Afghan gentlemen cadets passed out of the IMA.
- The Indian authorities are also facilitating ticketing via Iranian airlines Mahan Air to military personnel keen on returning home. “Nine Afghan personnel, for instance, were sent to Kabul on December 10.
- PM Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin on 20 Dec discussed ways to take forward bilateral cooperation in several key areas, including defence, supply of fertilisers and India’s role in developing Russia’s Far East. The two leaders had a telephone conversation to follow up on their discussions during Putin’s visit to India earlier this month for the annual bilateral summit.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed six agreements with four countries for launching foreign satellites during 2021-23. Its commercial arm New Space India Ltd inked the pacts for launching the satellites by India’s mainstay rocket PSLV, Union space minister Jitendra Singh said.
- Over 200 fishermen protested in Tamil Nadu’s Rameswaram on 20 Dec, demanding immediate release of over 50 fishermen arrested in Sri Lanka.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- In Chile, Gabriel Boric, 35 years old former student leader and Leftist will become country’s youngest President after he won a presidential runoff election on Sunday. According to the Electoral Service of Chile, out of 99.95% of ballots counted, Boric won with 55.87% of the vote, securing victory over his right-wing opponent, Jose Antonio Kast.
- Israel adds US to its “no-fly” list citing concerns over spread of new Omicron coronavirus variant.
- In Pakistan, main opposition party Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has demanded resignation of Prime Minister Imran Khan for allegedly defaming the country and its political parties only to hide his own corruption.
- The Omicron variant of the coronavirus is spreading faster than the Delta variant and is causing infections in people already vaccinated or who have recovered from the COVID-19 disease, WHO’s Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said .
- 12 people have died due to the Omicron variant of COVID-19, UK’s Deputy PM Dominic Raab said.
- Typhoon-hit Philippines updates death toll to 375, injured to 500.
- A Japanese billionaire, his producer and a Russian cosmonaut returned to Earth safely, after spending 12 days on the International Space Station. Fashion tycoon Yusaku Maezawa, his producer Yozo Hirano along with a Russian cosmonaut Alexander Misurkin landed softly in a Russian Soyuz capsule in the steppes of Kazakhstan.
- Former world champion PV Sindhu has been appointed as member of the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) Athletes’ Commission, along with five other people till 2025, on 20 Dec.
- In Football, India have entered the final of the SAFF Under-19 Women’s Championship 2021. India will play the final match on Wednesday. India defeated Nepal 1-0 in their last group stage match in Dhaka. Priyanka Devi scored the winning goal in the 66th minute.
- In Asian Champions Trophy Men’s Hockey tournament, defending champion India thrashed Japan 6-0 in the final round-robin match in Dhaka on 19 Dec. Penalty corner specialist Harmanpreet Singh scored a brace while Dilpreet Singh, Jarmanpreet Singh, Sumit and Shamsher Singh added a goal each.
- The BCCI’s All-India Junior Selection Committee has announced a 17 member Indian squad for the upcoming ICC Under-19 World Cup 2022. The 14th edition of the U-19 World Cup will take place in West Indies from January 14 to February 5. This edition will feature 16 teams who have been further divided into four groups. Team India, who has won four titles (2000, 2008, 2012, and 2018) and were runners-up in both 2016 and the most recent 2020 edition, are placed in Group B alongside South Africa, Ireland, and Uganda.
$USD 75.79💷GBP 100.23
MANIPUR : Imphal
CM : Nongthombam Biren Singh
Gvnr : La. Ganesan
🥇Gold ₹49,820 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 99.82
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.26
LPG : ₹1052/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 55,822.01
NIFTY : 16,614.20
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The ancient Greeks used to wear animal skins and were not even aware of cotton. But Indians were sort of cool 😉 and started cultivating cotton during the 5th – 4th millennium BCE in the Indus Valley Civilization.
😀Thought of the day
All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds.
JOKE OF THE DAY
महिला – डॉक्टर साहब, मेरे पति नींद में बातें करने लगे हैं! क्या करूँ?🤔⁉️
डॉक्टर – उन्हें दिन में बोलने का मौका दीजिए!😳
Why women don’t go to a temple or will not attend any rituals, when. they’re menstruating period.
During menstruating, woman hormones behave differently & experience painful stomach cramps. In the olden days, women used cloth pads. Thus began the practice of restricting women from kitchen tasks, attending religious events and wearing new clothes.
This was done purely for hygienic reasons. Besides, it allowed her enough time to get the rest she needed during menstruation. Today, with the easy availability of sanitary napkins, tampons and painkillers, menstruation should no longer be seen as unclean
Leave me alone!
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How animals communicate : Animals communicate using signals, which can include visual; auditory, or sound-based; chemical, involving pheromones; or tactile, touch-based, cues. Communication behaviors can help animals find mates, establish dominance, defend territory, coordinate group behavior, and care for young. Changes in rate, pitch, and/or structure of sounds communicate different messages. … By emitting clicks, or short pulses of sound, these marine mammals can listen for echoes and detect objects underwater. This is called echolocation. Some whales and dolphins use echolocation to locate food.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The black mamba is a species of highly venomous snake belonging to the family Elapidae. It is native to parts of sub-Saharan Africa
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy (born 21 December 1972), is an Indian politician serving as the 17th and current Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. He is the leader of YSR Congress Party.
Krishnamachari Srikkanth (born 21 December 1959) also known as Kris Srikkanth is a former captain of the Indian cricket team and former chairman of the selection committee.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
You can’t make an omelet without breaking some eggs
There’s always a cost to doing something
Insufficient – Inadequate
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
गुरुपत्नी राजपत्नी ज्येष्ठपत्नी तथैव च ।
पत्नीमाता स्वमाता च पञ्चैते मातरस्मृताः ॥
Raajapatnee guroh patne mitrapatnee tathaiva cha.
Patneemaataa svamaataa cha panchaitaah maatarah Smrutaah.
The King’s wife, the Teacher’swife, a friend’s wife, one’s own mother and wife’s mother (mother-in-law), all these five categories of women are termed as a mother by the traditional usage and are honoured accordingly.
राजा की पत्नी, अपने गुरु की पत्नी, अपने मित्र की पत्नी, तथा उसी प्रकार अपनी पत्नी की माता (सास) और स्वयं अपनी माता , इन पांचों को सामाजिक मान्यता के अनुसार माता के समान ही सम्मान प्राप्त है |
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Scalp massage with essential oils : Those who have been experiencing hair loss for quite some time must massage the scalp with essential oil for couple of minutes. It helps your hair follicles remain active. You can add lavender in an almond or sesame oil.
Avoid brushing wet hair
When hair is wet, it is in its weakest state. So avoid brushing wet hair because the chances of hair loss increases. But if you must comb wet hair, use a very wide-toothed comb. Also avoid brushing hair too frequently as doing so can injure hair and increase loss. Use your fingers to undo tangles, not a comb or brush.
Garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice
Rub one of the juices on your scalp, leave it overnight and wash it out in the morning. Do itregularly for a week and you will see noticeable result.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼