Today’s top news:
- Chauri Chaura centenary celebrations: PM Modi yesterday inaugurated the centenary celebrations of the Chauri Chaura incident , a turning point in India’s Independence movement. PM Modi paid homage to the freedom fighters who took on the British authorities at Chauri Chaura in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur district.
- PM Modi said the Budget spares the common man any tax hike, raises spending on health and infrastructure and provides benefits for farmers. Launching a programme to mark 100 years of the Chauri Chaura incident during India’s freedom movement, PM Modi also emphasised on the country’s pride and unity, a comment seen in the context of global tweets on the farmer protests.
- Permission has been denied to a farmer’s Mahapanchayat or meeting in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli by the district administration , which has also banned large gatherings till April 3.
- A head of the February 6 ‘chakka jam called by farmers’ union, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval chaired a crucial meeting in the Parliament
- LPG Cylinder Price Alert: Govt hikes cooking gas price from yesterday : The Centre has decided to hike the LPG cylinder and the new rates would be applicable from today (Thursday). According to a notification issued by oil firms, this time, LPG cylinder price has been hiked by Rs 25 per unit. The Government has also hiked the prices of the commercial cylinder by Rs 184 per unit.
- Union Labour Office has declared the AICPI data which hints that the Centre would announce at least 4 per cent hike in the DA : The Centre had decided to freeze DA for the central government employees till June 2021 due to COVID-19 pandemic. The decision was taken by the Modi government to combat coronavirus outbreak. The Centre had said that DA hike will be announced on the usual time but the salary hike will take place only after June 2021.
- Haryana Government has extended the suspension of mobile internet services (2G/3G/4G/CDMA/GPRS), SMS services (only Bulk SMS) and all dongle services, etc., provided on mobile networks except the voice calls in the territorial jurisdiction of two districts namely Sonepat and Jhajjar till 5 pm on February 5.
- HAL announces ‘unmanned‘ fighter jet Called ‘Cats warrior ’, it will have an unmanned fighter jet controlled by pilots in another fighter jet flying a few hundred kms behind.
- The Rajya Sabha Chairman, M. Venkaiah Naidu, recently warned MPs against using the mobile phones to record the proceedings of the House. Recently, in the Rajya Sabha, Some Opposition MPs used their mobile phones to record the disruption in proceedings. There was disruption in the house proceedings over the farmer’s protest and the farm bills. These videos then shared on social media and it was telecasted on television channels as well.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on has introduced a risk-based internal audit (RBIA) system. It has made it mandatory for select non-banking financial companies and urban co-operative banks (UCBs). The system is required to be implemented by March 31, 2022.
- The Central Government has confirmed in a written reply to Lok Sabha about the presence of 1600 tonnes of lithium deposits in Mandya district of Karnataka . However, the significance and the quantity of the lithium in the region can only be confirmed after exploring the entire area
- The Delhi Police have arrested a person in connection with the violence at Red Fort during the farmers’ tractor parade on Republic Day. During farmers’ tractor rally on Republic Day, protesters had entered the Red Fort some of them hoisted religious flags on its domes and the flagstaff at the ramparts.
- What’s wrong if foreign celebs support farmers’ stir: Rakesh Tikait, the 51-year-old Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader from the hinterlands of Muzaffarnagar in western Uttar Pradesh, welcomed the support from international artistes and activists, including Rihanna and Greta Thunberg, but acknowledged he does not know them.
- MPs from 10 Opposition parties on Thursday wrote a letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla saying that the situation at Ghazipur border was like that of India-Pakistan border and condition of farmers resembles prisoners in jail. : Fifteen MPs from these parties including the Shiormani Akali Dal, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, the Nationalist Congress Party and the Trinamool Congress were stopped by police from meeting the protesting farmers at Ghazipur border.
- The Aero India 2021 event got underway for day 2. Asia’s biggest Aerospace and defence exhibition had kicked off on Wednesday, at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru, amid COVID-19 pandemic. The three-day global event focuses on Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan and the country’s indigenous defence sector capabilities. The 13th edition of the International event is the world’s first hybrid Aerospace show.
- BJP MP Tejasvi Surya on Thursday took a sortie in Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, on the second day of the ongoing Aero India-2021 in Bengaluru.
- Himachal Pradesh’s capital Shimla received the first snowfall of 2021 on Thursday, February 4. Fresh snowfall started in Shimla, Kufri, Keylong, Kalpa and several other high reaches of the state on Thursday morning and continued till filing of the report.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- The Serum Institute of India (SII) and UNICEF have entered into a long-term supply agreement for the AstraZeneca-Oxford ‘Covishield’ and the Novavax vaccines, with the UN children’s agency saying it will have access to up to 1.1 billion doses of vaccines for around 100 countries.
- The govt said the issue of “wrong depiction” of India’s map on the website of the World Health Organisation (WHO) was raised strongly with the global body following which it put a disclaimer on the portal.
- Delhi Police have registered a case against Swedish teen climate campaigner Greta Thunberg under Sections 120B and 153-A of the Indian Penal Code (OPC) on charges of “criminal conspiracy and promoting enmity ”. On February 3, the teen activist took to the microblogging site to express her concerns over farmers’ agitation and shared a post stating solidarity with the farmers.
- Rajya Sabha MP Ramdas Athawale said it’s not good to oppose farm laws without full information . After international pop star Rihanna tweeted on the ongoing farmers’ protest at Delhi borders, Rajya Sabha MP Ramdas Athawale said people who are supporting the agitation should form an opinion after studying new farm laws . But be it Rihanna or anyone else from the industry, they should study the farm laws first before forming an opinion,” Mr Athawale said.
- Amid the farmer’s protest, the United States has now come out in support of India and hailed the Centre’s three farm laws . The state department issued a statement indicating that the new Biden administration is supportive of the Indian government’s move to reform the agricultural sector.
- Iran has reportedly become third nation to carry out a successful surgical strike operation deep inside Pakistan targetting terror groups
- Bangladesh to receive 12.79 million doses of Covid 19 vaccine from WHO-COVAX facility.
- U.S. President Joe Biden and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison discussed how they can work together to deal with China and a recent military coup in Myanmar
- Tamil political and civil society groups in Sri Lanka on Wednesday held a protest rally and demanded justice for those who were killed during the civil war : According to United Nations (UN) figures, up to 40,000 civilians were killed by the security forces during then Mahindra Rajapaksa’s regime that brought an end to nearly 3 decares of civil war in Sri Lanka with the defeat of LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) in 2009.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- India Vs England: Test series India will look to produce another heroic show against England in the four-match series, starting from Friday. The series marks the return of international cricket in India and will also see Virat Kohli leading the side once again. The Indian skipper had returned to India for the birth of his first child post the Adelaide Test.
- First Test against England, Indian skipper Virat Kohli has confirmed that Rishabh Pant will assume wicketkeeping duties at the Chepauk following his glorious form in Australia .
- The second Test match will also be played at the same venue between February 13-17. The newly renovated Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad will be contesting the final two games (Feb 24-28) & (March 4-8) respectively.
$USD 72.95 💷GBP 99.65
🥇Gold ₹48,970@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹72,200@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 89.77
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.81
LPG ₹ 771.50 /14.2 Kg
Current 50,614.29 +
Facts about India
The Quit India Movement, also known as the August Movement, was a movement launched at the Bombay session of the All-India Congress Committee by Mahatma Gandhi on 9 August 1942, during World War II, demanding an end to British rule in India.
Thought of the day
CHANGE IS NATURE OF LIFE
BUT CHALLENGE IS AIM OF LIFE
SO U HAVE TO CHALLENGE THE CHANGES, NOT CHANGE THE CHALLENGES
Joke of the day
Pappu got an invitation to a party which said ‘Red Tie Only.”
When he went to the party, he was surprised to see that other were wearing pants and shirts also….😂😅🤣😜
Father of Ayurveda ……….. Athreya
Why must we sleep at night?
Sleep keeps us healthy and functioning well. It lets your body and brain repair, restore, and reenergize. If you don’t get enough sleep, you might experience side effects like poor memory and focus, weakened immunity, and mood changes.
Sleep is an essential function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up. Healthy sleep also helps the body remain healthy and stave off diseases. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot function properly
स्मरण • (smaraṇ,): smŕti Recall
How it works ⁉
How did fish brain occurs ?
Scientists say that ” fish rain ” usually occurs when swirling whirlwinds over relatively shallow water develops into waterspouts and sucks in almost anything in the water including fish, eels and even frogs. The marine life can be carried long distances by buffeting clouds even when the waterspout stops spinning.
In July 2016, there were reports and pictures of fish “falling from the sky” on Mumbai Pune Expressway.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The Hanuman Chalisa (literally Forty chaupais on Hanuman) is a Hindu devotional hymn (stotra) addressed to God Hanuman. It has been authored by 16th-century poet Tulsidas in the Awadhi language and is his best known text apart from the Ramcharitmanas. The word “chālīsā” is derived from “chālīs”, which means the number forty in Hindi, as the Hanuman Chalisa has 40 verses.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Guava fruit or leaf extract may have a positive effect on heart health by lowering blood pressure, decreasing bad cholesterol, and increasing good cholesterol. It may help improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼