20 Oct (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 11, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Ashlesha (up to 10:30 am) Magha
Tithi: Dashami (up to 4:05 pm) Ekadashi
RahuKaal: 01:37 PM – 03:02 PM
BASIC GK : https://youtu.be/V4WioMthNvQ
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Govt to allow MSMEs to avail non-tax benefits for 3 years post re-classification. The decision has been taken after due deliberations with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises stakeholders and is in line with the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- India to bring in new National Tourism Policy to attract foreign and domestic tourism. Tourism Minister G. Kishan Reddy said.
- Delhi University (DU) released the first merit list for undergraduate course admissions at 5 p.m yesterday.
- NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Wednesday congratulated Mallikarjun Kharge on winning the Congress party’s Presidential elections and said he was looking forward to working with him to strengthen unity among Opposition parties.
- Congress leader Shashi Tharoor has given the toughest fight to a winning Congress presidential candidate in the past three decades compared to other losing candidates like Sharad Pawar, Rajesh Pilot and Jitendra Prasada.
- Tharoor grabbed 1,072 votes which accounts for 11.48 per cent of 9,385 votes polled against the winning Mallikarjun Kharge at the final count. This was only the sixth election in the history of the 137-year-old party and fifth in independent India.
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone for Indian Air Force (IAF)’s new airbase at Deesa in Banaskantha district of Gujarat and described it as an effective center of India’s security.
- 1st SemiconIndia Future Design roadshow launched: Rajeev Chandrasekhar, MoS, Electronics, IT officially kicked off the first SemiconIndia FutureDesign roadshow in Gujarat.
- BIHAR : Poll strategist Prashant Kishor on Wednesday claimed that Bihar CM Nitish Kumar is in touch with the BJP and he may go for a tie-up with the party again if situation demands so.
- KARNATAKA Metrologi department bulletin says that the Southwest Monsoon is active over Interior Karnataka and very heavy rainfall of 12 cm was recorded in Devarhippargi village in Vijayapura district in North Karnataka.
- KERALA , Union Minister of State for Food Processing and Jal Shakti Prahlad Singh Patel reviewed the progress of Jal Jeevan Mission projects being implemented in Pathanamthitta district.
- 7 Odisha districts, including Puri, on alert over possible impact of Cyclone SITRANG
- BvPunjab govt has floated a tender to hire a Dassault Falcon 2000 fixed-wing aircraft for VIP use for one year
- TELANGANA High Court has dismissed a writ petition filed by the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) which sought instructions to Election Commission of India to eight symbols similar to that of its car symbol in Munugode by-election.
- NEW APPOINTMENT: Atanu Chakraborty has been appointed as the Independent Chairman of the Yubi board, as told by the company it
- National Investigation Agency, Basit Kalam Siddiqui (24), a resident of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested in a case related to a conspiracy by the proscribed terrorist organisation Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
- The CID in Karnataka on arrested 37 teachers who were allegedly appointed illegally in the teacher recruitment process in 2012-13 and 2014-15.
💷 GBP ₹93.13
BSE Sensex : 59,107.19 +146.59 (0.25%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,512.25 +25.30 (0.14%) 🔼
- Finance Ministry releases Rs 1,764 crore to four States for providing grants to Million Plus Urban Cities.
Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam of Andhra Pradesh,
(a) Durg Bhilainagar and Raipur in Chhattisgarh,
(b) Aurangabad, Greater Mumbai, Nagpur Nashik, Pune and Vasai-Virar City in Maharashtra
(c) Uttar Pradesh it was given to Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut and Varanasi.
- Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, MoS for Steel Faggan Singh Kulaste visit SAIL Corporate Office during Special Campaign 2.0
- India Gate Basmati Rice Recognized as World’s Number 1 by a leading global research company by Mordor Intelligence.
BookMyShow and RBL Bank collaborate: Launch of new credit card called “Play” by RBL Bank and BookMyShow will significantly increase the entertainment value for Indian consumers.
- PM Modi inaugurates 12th Defence Expo in Gandhinagar; Says India’s defence exports have grown 8 times in the last 5 years.
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala to conduct the Indian Navy Sailing Championship 2022 at Marakkar Watermanship Training Centre in Kerala. The Indian Navy Sailing Championship 2022 is the largest intra-Navy sailin.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The trial run for the operationalization of the Agreement to use Chattogram and Mongla Ports for the transit of goods between India and Bangladesh began.
- Indian nationals are advised against travelling to Ukraine in view of the deteriorating security situation and recent escalation of hostilities across Ukraine.
- China on Wednesday put a hold on a proposal by India and the US at the United Nations to blacklist Pakistan-based terrorist Hafiz Talah Saeed, the son of Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed, in the second such move within two days.
- Hafiz Talha Saeed, 46, is a key leader of terrorist group LeT and the son of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
- India on Wednesday advised its citizens to avoid travelling to Ukraine, citing “deteriorating security situation” in the country.
- Indian-origin Suella Braverman resigns as UK Home Secretary over ‘mistake’, in using her private email for ministerial communication.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Australia said it would no longer recognise West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- Pakistan is likely to exit the grey list of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) after it was placed in the infamous category since 2018 for failing to check money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday said martial law will be imposed in the four Ukrainian regions that were annexed last month. Ukraine’s Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia
- Eight people, including three officials, were killed in two blasts at a Myanmar prison on Wednesday
- Former Indian cricketer Roger Binny has been appointed as the new president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Denmark Open badminton, Lakshya Sen defeated Anthony Sinisuka Ginting of Indonesia by 21-16, 21-12 in men’s single, while HS Prannoy defeated Zhao Jun Peng of China by 21-13, 22-20.
- In women’s single Saina Nehwal lost to Zhang Yi Man of China by 17-21, 21-19, 11-21.
- Indian javelin thrower DP Manu has won Gold medal in the men’s javelin with a best throw of 81.23 metre at the National Open Athletics Championships in Bengaluru
- The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Executive Committee has confirmed the Qatar Football Association (QFA) as the host association for the AFC Asian Cup 2023
- Former Irish professional boxer Bernard Dunne has been named the high-performance director (HPD) for Indian boxing.
Frmn : 15 Oct 1949
Govrnr: La. Ganesan
CM: N. Biren Singh (BJP)
Districts : 16
🥇Gold ₹ 50,300 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 61,800 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹101.30/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.50/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,205/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The term “Odisha/Orissa” (Odia: ଓଡ଼ିଶା) is derived from the ancient Prakrit word “Odda Visaya” (also “Udra Bibhasha” or “Odra Bibhasha”) as in the …
Area rank: it ranks 8th.
😀Thought of the day
Always think and care about present. Never waste present thinking about the lost opportunity in the past.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu ne ek aadmi ko tamacha mar diya.?👋🏻
Aadmi : Mene kya galti ki ?🤔⁉️
Pappu : Tum saale galti karo uske liye hum intezaar thodi karenge. Hamare paas itna time nahi hai…🤪
Why railway tracks have ston
It is used to bear the load from the railroad ties, to facilitate drainage of water, and also to keep down vegetation that might interfere with the track structure. Ballast also holds the track in place as the trains roll over it. … The term “ballast” comes from a nautical term for the stones used to stabilize a ship.
what is your name* ‘ bhavataha naama kim? (भवतः नाम किम्)
गृध्रः Vulture Gr̥dhraḥ
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
The Science of How Trains Turn Without Falling Off the Tracks*
Have you ever thought about how trains stay on the tracks when they round corners? Trains typically have wheels that are connected together by a fixed axle, meaning that the wheels on both sides of the train always turn at the same speed. This can present problems when turning, because one wheel has to cover more distance than the other.
The wheel bevels are specifically designed so that when the train goes around a corner it stays on the tracks. The wheels that have to travel a greater distance have a greater diameter, and everything stays aligned. The end result is a train that stays on the tracks.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The first ever electric train in India ran on February 3, 1925,* between Bombay VT and Kurla Harbour. The train was electrified on 1500 Volt DC.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Navjot Singh Sidhu* (born 20 October 1963) is an Indian politician, television personality and former cricketer.
As a professional cricketer, Sidhu had a career spanning over 19 years after his first-class debut in 1981–82.
Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti (महर्षि वाल्मीकि जयंती)
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Fish out of water*
Meaning : A person away from his or her usual environment or activities.
Example, Using a computer for the first time, Ram felt like a fish out of water
Jubilant × Melancholy
Jubilant : rejoicing
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Ashtang Namaskar* should done only by male)
Eight specific parts of the body should touch the floor:
Panchanga pranam should be perform by women only. specific Five parts of the body should are:
Why it is must do it?
All of our karmas are performed through mind, body, or speech, and every karma in life should be offered to God.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Natural pineapple juice is 5 times more effective than cough syrup.
It can also prevent baldness, and even the flu.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼