🌄 S̴h̴u̴b̴o̴u̴d̴h̴a̴y̴ : 20 Jun/जेस्ट मासा (Sunday) ग्रीष्म ऋतू🙏🏻
Today’s top News
- PM Modi will address the lead event of the 7th International Yoga Day on 21 June (Monday). In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the lead event of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2021 will be a televised programme and is scheduled to start at 6.30 AM on all Doordarshan channels.
- PM has congratulated Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla over the completion of his two years in the office.
- The India Meteorological Department has informed that the intense monsoon showers in Kerala are likely to continue till the 22nd of this month. Yellow Alert has been declared in seven districts.
- Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa has announced further relaxation of restrictions in lockdown in 16 districts of the state where the positivity rate is below 5%. The new relaxations will be applicable till July 5th. The CM also said that night curfew & weekend curfew will continue in all the districts.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said the Assam government will gradually implement a two-child policy for availing benefits under specific schemes funded by the state. Availing free admission in schools and colleges, or houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said that a nationwide “Jaan Hai To Jahaan Hai” awareness campaign will be launched on 21 June to create awareness on Corona vaccination in rural and remote areas of the country.
- Telangana lockdown ends today; schools, colleges to reopen from July 1.
- Andhra Pradesh to hold EAPCET 2021 from August 19 to 25 : The Andhra Pradesh government announced the schedule for the Engineering, Agriculture and Pharmacy Common Entrance Test (EAPCET)
- The statue of the National Flag designer Pingali Venkaiah along with that of the first Chief Minister of Combined Andhra Pradesh, Tanguturi Prakasam Panthulu, will be installed at the historic village of Undi in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Centre will from tomorrow (21 June) start the free distribution of 75 % of total COVID vaccines cleared by the Central Drug lab to all the States & Union Territories.
- Centre asks States, UTs to take strict action against those who assault healthcare professionals & COVID warriors.
- Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari said, tve central govt has set target to reduce road accident deaths by 50% by year 2024.
- Filmmaker Ayesha Sulthana, who was booked for sedition in Lakshadweep, said she has not done anything against the country so far and would continue her fight till the islanders get justice. The allegation is that the filmmaker, while participating in a debate telecast by a Malayalam news channel on June 7, made an assertion that the Centre used ‘biological weapon’ against the people of Lakshadweep.
- The Education Ministry has released guidelines for parent participation in home-based learning during school closure and beyond. This guide lines provide many simple tips for parents and others to facilitate children in Home based learning.
- Police have arrested ten persons and recovered 11 packets of heroin, arms and ammunition besides cash in Baramulla district of north Kashmir,
- Indian Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria, said the induction of 36 Rafale aircraft into the Indian Air Force would take place by 2022. The IAF is absolutely on target with respect to the Rafale induction plan.
- India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Pakistani NSA Moeed Yusuf along with NSAs of other countries will be in Dushanbe, Tajikistan next week for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization or SCO in-person meeting.
- Amid the ongoing stand-off with China along the northern borders, the Indian Navy said that two Predator (MQ-9 Sea Guardian) drones are helping the maritime force enhance its surveillance all across the Indian Ocean region and keep a close watch on the ‘vessels of interest’ passing from there.
- India Air Force (IAF) chief Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria on Saturday confirmed that a decision for another Commander-level talks with China regarding the situation at Eastern Ladakh will soon be taken as “talks are on” for the next round.
- India abstained from voting on the United Nations General Assembly’s (UNGA’s) resolution for an arms embargo against Myanmar, saying its views were not reflected in the draft resolution before the Assembly passed it.
- India likely to raise pitch for equality, justice for Tamils : As Sri Lanka drifts towards China, India is likely to raise its pitch for full implementation of the 13th amendment to the constitution of the island nation to ensure devolution of power to the local governments in its Tamil-majority Northern and Eastern Provinces.
- Indian Navy and European Naval Force hold first joint exercise
In a first, the Indian Navy is participating in a joint exercise with the European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR). Stealth frigate INS Trikand, will participate in the two-day exercise in Gulf of Aden as it is already deployed in the region on anti-piracy operations.
- Oil Spill from Haldia-bound Portuguese flag container ship 450 kms South East of Chennai.
- Russia will officially withdraw from the Treaty on Open Skies, an arms control pact with the US that permitted unarmed surveillance flights over military facilities in both countries, on 18 Dec .
- China is ‘pacing challenge’ for US: Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin
: China is a “pacing challenge” for America, Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin has said, asserting that it is “really important” for the US to focus more on creating opportunities to better partner with its allies & partners in the strategically vital Indo-Pacific region.
- Boeing Co’s largest 737 MAX aircraft takes off on maiden flight : Aerospace major Boeing Co’s 737-10 (MAX) aircraft, the largest in the company’s 737 MAX airplane series, on 18 June took off on its first flight ahead of its entry into service in 2023.
- Ebrahim Raisi, a hardline judge under US sanctions for human rights abuses, secured a landslide victory on 19 June(Saturday) in Iran’s presidential election. Outgoing Iranian President Hassan Rouhani visited Raisi at his office to congratulate him.
- Debswana Diamond Company have unearthed world’s third-largest diamond weighing 1,098 carats in Jwaneng mine of Botswana in South Africa. Diamond was presented to President Mokgweetsi Masisi.
The mortal remains of Indian sprint legend, flying Sikh, Milkha Singh were cremated with full state honours in Chandigarh yesterday evening. He had left for heavenly abode due to COVID 19 complications last night at PGIMER Chandigarh. He was 91 year old.
- Women’s Cricket: India 175/3 in 2nd innings against England.
Indian team was forced to follow on 18 June when they were bowled out for only 231 in their first innings, giving the hosts a healthy lead of 165 runs. Earlier, England had declared their first innings @ 396/9.
- World Test Championship Final, Day 2
India 146/3 as bad light and raining forces called off the match.
$USD 74.14 💷GBP 102.40
🥇Gold ₹48,210©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,600©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.84
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90.54
LPG : ₹ 835.50/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 52,344.45
NIFTY : 15,683.35
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
The Thousand Pillars Temple or Rudreswara Swamy Temple is a historic Hindu temple located in the town of Hanamakonda, Telangana State of India. It was constructed during the period between 1175–1324 CE and was dedicated to Lord Shiva, Vishnu and Surya. Thousand Pillar Temple, along with Warangal Fort, It was added to the tentative list of World Heritage sites recognised by UNESCO.
It was desecrated by the Tughlaq dynasty during their invasion of the Deccan. The temple was renovated in 2004 by the Government of India. Archaeological Survey of India and modern engineers have been working for the temple’s further renovation.
😀Thought of the day
Don’t compare yourself with anyone else in the world. If you do so you are insulting yourself.
Joke of the day
Lovers 👩❤️👨of 1990s– “Agar tum mil jao zamana chor denge hum”
Lovers of 2020s– “Agra tum mil jao purana chor denge hum!”👫🏻💃🏼😆🤣
🎂 Born Today: 💐
Vikram Seth , (born 20 June 1952) is an Indian novelist and poet.
He has written several novels and poetry books.
He has received several awards such as Padma Shri, Sahitya Academy Award, Pravasi Bharatiya Samman, WH Smith Literary Award and Crossword Book Award.
आर्य/आर्या : Noble one
🤔 How it works ⁉
Radio🎙️📻 works by transmitting and receiving electromagnetic waves.
Each radio has two distinct parts, the receiver and the transmitter. The transmitter is what works to collect the message and transform it into a sine wave, which is then transmitted over radio waves. The receiver is responsible for receiving this data at its arrival and decoding the message back into its original form. It is the antenna on a radio that helps both the transmitter and receiver properly do their job and capture the radio signal.
In AM (Amplitude Modulation) radio, the strength (amplitude) of the signal is changed (modulated) to make the sounds. In FM (Frequency Modulation) radio, it is the speed (frequency) of the signal that is changed. When you tune in your radio, the dial number indicates the kilo or megaHertz at which the signal is being broadcast.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Guglielmo Marconi won the 1909 Nobel Prize in Physics for inventing the radio, but just months after his death the real inventor was finally given proper credit. Nikola Tesla is the man behind the original radio.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
The third avatar of Lord Vishnu is the Varaha Avatar 🐗[Varaha meaning “boar” in Sanskrit] which he took in the Satya Yug. In this avatar Lord Vishnu incarnated as a Boar to protect the earth [Prithvi]
When a demon named Hiranyaksha dragged the earth to the bottom of the sea, Vishnu took the form of a boar in order to rescue it. Then Varaha slew the demon and raised the earth out of the water with his tusks. Since Lord Narayana rescued Mother Earth from the evil hands of the demon, Mother Earth surrendered at his lotus feet and prayed him to accept her
Why Fathers day is celebrated.
The day celebrates & pays tribute to fathers as they play an important role in nurturing their children and acknowledge the efforts of fathers and to thank them for their efforts.
The history of Father’s Day dates back to 1908 when Sonora Smart Dodd celebrated it to honour her father. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children. After hearing a sermon about Anna Jarvis’s Mother’s Day at Central Methodist Episcopal Church, she told her pastor that fathers should have a similar holiday honoring them. Although she initially suggested June 5, her father’s birthday, the pastors of the Spokane Ministerial Alliance did not have enough time to prepare their sermons, and the celebration was deferred to the third Sunday of June.
As per Western Culture they choose a particular day to remember their parents…Accordingly that plan to meet their parents….But we in India always and everyday spend with parents….So everyday is our day…every moment is ours……Always respect them not on a particular day…..
Note: This article is not to demoralise anyone, but now a days many children leaving their parents in oldage homes and on this Particular day they are spending with them…..So who gave us this beautiful life…Just a day in a year.
Take examples of Shri Shravan Kumar, mentioned in the ancient Hindu text Ramayana.
Shri Pundalik who made to wait Vittala (Lord Vishnu) to wait at his house entrance, because was busy attending to his parents. Though he knew Lord Krishna had come to see him, he refused to pay his respect to the god before his duty towards his parents was done. Shri Pandurang temple in Maharashtra
Shri Ram who left to Jungles on his father’s order.
- A Sholka from Padma purana पिता धर्मः पिता स्वर्गः पिता हि परमं तपः।
पितरि प्रीतिमापन्ने प्रीयन्ते सर्वदेवताः॥
Pita swarga,Pita dharm ,Pita hi Param Tapo
Pitori pritima pannay, Priyantay sarva devata.
Father is compared to Heaven , Father is Religion, Father is ultimate sacrifice. He is placed at a higher pedestal than all Gods combined
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Makki Ki Roti and Sarson ka Saag combination health benefits..
Weight gain – Corn(Makki) is known to help in weight gain. Therefore, it can also help us to gain a few pounds if you are underweight.
Corn flour is rich in various nutrients such as folic acid, vitamin B, and others. The high nutrient content of Makki roti helps to reduce the risk of nutritional deficiencies
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ….✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼