𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
01 Nov (Monday)
Month: Kartika 12 (Purnimata)
Month: Ashvina 26 (Amanta)
Titi: Ekadashi (up to 1:22 pm) Dwadashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
reviews the progress of the sea trials of the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) ‘Vikrant’ during his onboard visit at sea on 31 Oct.
- Former PM Manmohan Singh discharged from AIIMS. The 89-year-old Congress veteran was admitted to AIIMS Cardio Neuro Centre on October 13 after he complained of fever and extreme weakness.
- Andhra Pradesh : The Election Commission on Sunday announced biennial elections to three and six seats in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Legislative Council respectively on November 29.
- According to an official statement issued by the EC, the last date for filing nominations for the biennial polls is November 16. The counting of votes shall take place on November 29 at 5 pm.
- The Delhi airport has resumed flight operations at its T1 terminal after almost 18 months of closure. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) had announced the opening of the terminal earlier this month. The T3 terminal and the T2 terminal of the Delhi airport resumed handling flight operations from May 25, 2020, and July 22, 2021, respectively.
- Haryana government bans firecrackers in 14 NCR districts
Complete ban in Bhiwani, Charkhi Dadri, Faridabad, Gurugram, Jhajjar, Jind, Karnal, Mahendergarh, Nuh, Palwal, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak and Sonepat.
- Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra on Sunday issued a 24-hour ultimatum to fashion and jewellery designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee to withdraw the advertisement with ‘objectionable and obscene’ portrayal of mangalsutra or else face statutory action.
- The mangalsutra advertisement by Sabyasachi’s brand portrayed a woman wearing a low-neckline dress and posing solo and in intimate position with a man. After the designer shared these pictures, it created a controversy as a section of social media users termed it against Hindu culture and obscene.
- MAHARASHTRA:: Former president of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha Mohit Kamboj has filed a Rs 100-crore defamation suit against Maharashtra Cabinet minister Nawab Malik for allegedly making false allegations against him and his family members in connection to the cruise ship drug-bust case
- Maharashtra : CBI makes first arrest in case against the former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh; accused Santosh Shankar Jagtap was sent to 4-day agency custody.
- Case: On 20 February, former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh leveled ‘extortion’ charges against the then Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. In a letter addressed to Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray, Singh alleged that the NCP leader had asked dismissed cop Sachin Vaze to extort Rs.100 crore per month from 1,750 bars, restaurants, and other establishments in Mumbai. After the Bombay High Court directed the CBI to carry out a preliminary inquiry into these allegations, Deshmukh resigned as the Home Minister and was replaced by Dilip Walse Patil.
- Zonal Director of the Narcotics Control Bureau Sameer Wankhede’s family meets National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) vice-chairperson; Arun Haldar. He assured ‘they won’t be harassed’. There is controversy over the IRS officer’s caste certificates.
- Earlier Maharashtra minister and Nationalist Congress Party leader Nawab Malik had alleged that Sameer Wankhede is a Muslim who forged his caste certificate in order to qualify for the civil services under the Scheduled Caste quota.
- West Bengal: Election Commission announces by-polls to two Rajya Sabha seats, one each in West Bengal & Kerala. The notification for the bye-polls will be issued on 9th of November and polling will be held on 29th of November. The seats are vacant, due to the resignation of Arpita Ghosh of Trinamool Congress and Jose K. Mani of Kerala Congress (M).
- Superstar Rajinikanth, who recently underwent a surgery to restore blood supply to the brain, was discharged from the hospital on Sunday night, sources close to the actor said. The 70 year-old top actor was admitted to the city-based Kauvery Hospital on October 28.
- Shah Rukh-Gauri Khan to Hire Private Bodyguard for Son Aryan Khan Ensuring His Safety.
- Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar‘s last rites were held on Sunday with full state honours. He passed away on October 29 at the age of 46.
- Indian Navy receives first P15B guided-missile destroyer on October 28. The contract for four ships of Project 15B, as the Visakhapatnam class ships are known, was signed in January 2011.
This project is a follow-on of the Kolkata class (Project 15A) destroyers commissioned in the last decade.
- The 163-metres-long warship has a full-load displacement of 7,400 tonnes and a maximum speed of 30 knots.The destroyer is also installed with major indigenous weapons;-
(a) Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missiles (BEL, Bangalore).
(b) BrahMos Surface-to-Surface Missiles (BrahMos Aerospace, New Delhi).
(c) Indigenous Torpedo Tube Launchers (Larsen & Toubro, Mumbai).
(d) Anti-Submarine Indigenous Rocket Launchers (Larsen & Toubro, Mumbai).
(e) 76mm Super Rapid Gun Mount (BHEL, Haridwar).
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi met his Spanish counterpart Pedro Sánchez on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in Rome. The two leaders held discussion to strengthen bilateral relations. Both leaders had fruitful talks on ways to deepen ties between India and Spain. The two nations are cooperating extensively in areas such as trade, energy, innovation and more.
- PM Modi invited Spain to invest in various sectors in India including green hydrogen, infrastructure and defence manufacturing and further take advantage of India’s National Infrastructure Pipeline, Asset Monetization Plan and the Gati Shakti Plan. The two leaders welcomed the growing bilateral trade and investment linkages including the recent signing of the contract to procure 56 C295 aircrafts from Airbus Spain, 40 of which will be Made in India in collaboration with Tata Advanced Systems.
- The G20 summit at Rome on Sunday issued a declaration agreeing on mutual recognition of vaccines, strengthening the WHO to give faster approvals to vaccines and suspending debt servicing for developing countries to December 31, 2021.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- World leaders deliberate upon climate change, environment & sustainable development on last day of G20 Summit.
- UNDP releases video to tackle problem of Climate Change at COP26. Titled, “Don’t Choose Extinction”, the viral video depicts a Dinosaur, addressing the UN General Assembly. Actor Jack Black, as the Dinosaur makes a strong case for humans to change their ways, or go extinct.
- Microsoft’s stock becomes world’s most valuable after it’s share rose as much as 1.1% to hit a market value of 2.46 trillion Dollars blowing past Apple
- The Taliban have warned the international community, saying that the world must recognize the outfit if they do not want to receive any threat from Afghanistan. Speaking at a press conference on Saturday, Taliban spokesperson Zabiullah Mujahid said
ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2021
- Afghanistan vs Namibia, 27th Match, Super 12 Group 2
Afghanistan won by 62 runs
AFG – 160/5 (20)
NAM – 98/9 (20)
Player of the Match
- India vs New Zealand, 28th Match, Super 12 Group 2
New Zealand won by 8 wkts
IND – 110/7 (20)
NZ – 111/2 (14.3)
Player of the Match
- Nov 01, Mon
England vs Sri Lanka
29th Match, Super 12 Group 1 at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- India’s Akash Kumar stormed into the quarter-finals at the 2021 AIBA Men’s Boxing Championships with a comprehensive victory against Puerto Rico’s Caleb Tirado in Belgrade, Serbia on Sunday.
$USD 74.93 💷GBP 102.53
Andaman & Nicobar: Port Blair
Lt Gvnr : Admiral D K Joshi (Lieutenant Governor)
🥇Gold ₹47,310@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,900@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 91.45
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.30
LPG : ₹ 976/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 59,307.93
NIFTY : 17,671.65
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
1-November-1956 Indian Govt re-organizes the states according to linguistic principles and inaugurates second Five-Year Plan. On November 1, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Punjab, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu state are observing formation day while Delhi, Chandigarh, Puducherry, Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar were given the status of union territories on this day.
😀Thought of the day
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Yahoooooo…….! Pappu says 🤓
Exams ki saari taiyaari ho gayi
Sab Taiyyar hai
Padhna baki hai …: 🤔🤪
Why poorer nations can’t just print more money and become rich..?
While additional money printing is likely to increase the demand for goods and services, it may lead to a sharp rise in inflation if the economic output fails to support demand. … Another problem with printing more money is a decline in currency value due to higher inflation.
This happened recently in Zimbabwe, in Africa, and in Venezuela, in South America, when these countries printed more money to try to make their economies grow.
As the printing presses speed up, prices rose faster, until these countries started to suffer from something called “hyperinflation”. That’s when prices rise by an amazing amount in a year.
When Zimbabwe was hit by hyperinflation, in 2008, prices rose as much as 231,000,000% in a single year. Imagine, a sweet which cost one Zimbabwe dollar before the inflation would have cost 231m Zimbabwean dollars a year later.
Printing more currency leads to hyperinflation.
अति सर्वनाशहेतुर्ह्यतोऽत्यन्तं विवर्जयेत्।
ati sarvanāśaheturhyato’tyantaṃ vivarjayet।
Excess is the cause of the ruin. Hence one should avoid it in any case.
अति सर्वनाश का कारण है।
इसलिये अति का सर्वथा परिहार करे।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a copper T works to prevent pregnancy
The copper-coated IUD prevents pregnancy by not allowing the sperm to fertilize the egg. It may also make it harder for a fertilized egg to implant in the uterus.
The copper IUD works by stopping the sperm and egg meeting and changing the lining of the uterus/womb. This makes it difficult for a fertilised egg to stick to the lining to start a pregnancy. When it is first inserted (put in) it starts working straight away to prevent pregnancy.
The Copper T-380A is an extremely effective, safe, long lasting, rapidly reversible method of contraception that does not interfere with intercourse, is not subject to forgetfulness, and once inserted, is not subject to changes in medical supply or access to health care.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
1 November – World Vegan Day : World Vegan Day is celebrated on 1st November to raise awareness about the benefits of a vegan diet and veganism in general. On 1st November 1994, the first Vegan Day was established to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the UK Vegan Society.
On 1 November, All Saints’ Day is celebrated to praise all saints’. All Saints’ Day is also known as All Hallows’ Day or Hallowmas.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Vangipurapu Venkata Sai Laxman ( born 1 November 1974), commonly known as VVS Laxman, is a former Indian cricketer and currently a cricket commentator. In 2012, Laxman retired from international cricket.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Knee Jerk Reaction:
A quick response
The statement was just a knee jerk reaction.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Agastya appears in numerous itihasas and puranas including the major Ramayana and Mahabharata. He is one of the seven most revered rishis (the Saptarishi) in the Vedic texts and is revered as one of the Tamil Siddhar in the Shaivism tradition, who invented an early grammar of the Tamil language, Agattiyam, playing a pioneering role in the development of Tampraparniyan medicine and spirituality at Saiva centres in proto-era Sri Lanka and South India.
Agastya is traditionally attributed to be the author of many Sanskrit texts such as the Agastya Gita found in Varaha Purana, Agastya Samhita found embedded in Skanda Purana, and the Dvaidha-Nirnaya Tantra text.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drinking ajwain water can help fight diabetes, constipation, stomach ache and gas, diarrhoea, asthma.
Thymol present in ajwain seeds, helps release gastric juices in the stomach, thereby boosting the digestion process. Gas: Ajwain water is often recommended to patients of gas and bloating. This is so because this simple drink is known to enhance digestion and reduce symptoms of gastric issues.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼