01 May (Sunday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 15 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 01(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Bharani (till 10:11 pm) Krithika
RahuKaal: 05:14 PM – 06:50 PM
WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW: https://youtu.be/ug_Om5bObPc
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s Covid vaccination coverage has crossed 189 crore mark on Saturday.
- Over 60% of youngsters between 12 to 14 age group administered 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine: Health Minister
- Central Consumer Protection Authority has issued advisory to e-commerce entities against illegal sale and facilitation of wireless jammers. Consumer Affairs Ministry said,
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority,
APEDA launches variety of millet products for all age groups at affordable prices.
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal on Saturday said, 216 projects worth 2.12 lakh crore rupees are currently being implemented under the Sagarmala programme.
- PM Modi called for encouraging local languages in courts saying, it will increase the confidence of the common people in the judicial system. He said this while addressing the inaugural session of the Joint Conference of Chief Ministers of the States and Chief Justices of High Courts in New Delhi.
- PM Modi met a Sikh delegation at his residence in New Delhi. Addressing the delegation, the PM lauded the role and efforts of the Sikh community in the development of the country.
- DELHI CM Arvind Kejriwal on Friday met his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee, their first meeting after the recent assembly polls in five states.
- A cyclonic circulation is likely to form over the South Andaman Sea and neighbourhood on Monday. Fishermen have been advised not to venture in the area around that region on Monday.
- In KERALA , rains accompanied by lightning and thunderstorms will continue at isolated places till Wednesday. According to the Met Department,
- PUNJAB CM Bhagwant Mann announced 1500 rupees per acre financial assistance to farmers adopting direct sowing of paddy so that the depleting water table could be saved.
- Hindu organisations have given the call for a Patiala Bandh and are demanding the arrest of “Khalistani supporters” after clashes broke out in the city after an anti-Khalistan march on Friday.
- RAJASTHAN govt and Border Security Force (BSF) are working to develop the Longewala border post in Jaisalmer into a tourist attraction along with Tanot Mata Temple and Kishangarh Fort
💷 GBP 96.22
BSE Sensex 57,060.87
NIFTY : 17,102.55
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC’s Initial Public Offering will open on 4th of next month for public subscription and close on 9th of May.
LIC IPO will list on the share markets on 17th May. LIC, the country’s largest life insurer, has fixed the price band of 902 to 949 rupees per Equity Share for its maiden public offer. Investors can bid for a minimum of 15 Equity Shares and in multiples of 15 Equity Shares thereafter.
- IDFC FIRST Bank reported that its net profit for the quarter ended March 2022 surged 168% to ₹343 crore as compared to ₹128 crore in the year-ago period.
The Enforcement Directorate has attached properties worth over seven crore rupees of actor Jacqueline Fernandez in a money laundering case related to jailed conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar
- General Manoj Pande today took over as the new Chief of Army Staff. He succeeded General Manoj Mukund Naravane.
- General Pande is the 29th Army Chief and the first officer from the Corps of Engineers to get this opportunity. An alumnus of the National Defence Academy, General Pande was commissioned into the Corps of Engineers in December 1982.
- Lt Gen BS Raju, Director General of Military Operations, will take over as Vice Chief of the Army
- Procurement orders by Ministry of Defence through Government e-Market portal have reached an all-time high of over 15,000 crore rupees for 2021-22. Defence Ministry said that it is a jump of more than 250 per cent over the last financial year. The GeM was started in August 2016 to revamp the old tender process
- The Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) will hand over India’s first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) which will be named ‘INS Vikrant’ to the Indian Navy in May 2022.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2022: Indian Navy has called for the offline application to fill the role of Pharmacist, Fireman and Pest Control Worker. The application needs to be submitted in offline mode on or before June 26, 2022.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi will embark on a three-day visit to Germany, Denmark and France from May 2.
He will have 25 hectic engagements in his three-day travel to as many countries where he will be spending around 65 hours,
- Enforcement Directorate (ED) seized over Rs 5,500 crore from Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi over violations of the Indian foreign exchange law. The company (also called Xiaomi India) is a trader and distributor of mobile phones in the country under the brand name MI.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- China has further tightened the COVID-19 restrictions in its capital Beijing ahead of the Labour Day holidays with authorities rolling out new measures every day vowing to double down on its Zero COVID approach.
- US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will meet Defence Minister of Japan Nobuo Kishi next week in the United States to discuss Russia’s military action in Ukraine.
- Sri Lankan Opposition said that his party, Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB), will prove its majority in Parliament next week during a no-confidence motion.
- Hamza Shehbaz, son of Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, on Saturday took the oath as the Chief Minister of Pakistan’s Punjab.
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Gujarat Titans vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, 43rd Match
Gujarat Titans won by 6 wkts
RCB – 170/6 (20)
GT – 174/4 (19.3)
(b) Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians,
Mumbai Indians won by 5 wkts
RR – 158/6 (20)
MI – 161/5 (19.2)
Player of the Match
- May 01, Sunday
Delhi Capitals vs Lucknow Super Giants
45th Match at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
(b) May 01, Sunday
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Chennai Super Kings
46th Match at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune 19:30 IST
Formed : 1 Dec 1963
Gvnr : Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
CM : Neiphiu Rio (NDPP)
Dist : 15
🥇Gold ₹54,710 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹68,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹108.57/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹93.72/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 969/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
01st May is also celebrated as “Maharashtra Day” and “Gujarat Day” to mark the date in 1960, when the two western states attained statehood, State was divided on linguistic lines.
😀Thought of the day
Strength is life; weakness is death.
JOKE OF THE DAY
दो औरतें आम के पेड़ के नीचे आपस में बात कर रही थीं. काफी देर बात करने के बाद एक आम अचानक टूट कर गिर गया.
पहली औरत : ये आम कैसे गिरा?
दूसरी औरत जैसे ही बोलने वाली थी वैसे ही आम हाथ जोड़कर बोला: पक गया हूं मैं तुम दोनों की बातें सुनकर.
Why are there stones on railway tracks?
Track ballast is the collective term for the crushed stones on railway tracks. They form the trackbed and are packed around railway tracks.
The stones don’t allow vegetation to grow on railway tracks which could weaken the ground on which the railway lines run.
2. Track ballast also keeps water from reaching the track on a regular basis and softening the ground.
एषः कः? – who is he ?
एषा का ? – who is she?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a CYCLONE is formed?
The cyclone is formed when the warm, moist air rises upward over the ocean. As this air moves up, there is a formation of a low-pressure area below. Now the low-pressure area is filled with the high-pressure air from the surroundings. Again, the next batch of cool air gets warm and moist over the ocean moving upward.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
1 May – World Laughter Day (first Sunday of May)
World Laughter Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year. In 1998, the first celebration took place in Mumbai, India. It was arranged by Dr Madan Kataria founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement.
International Workers’ Day, also known as Labour Day or Workers’ Day on 1 May
May Day is one of the most important holidays in communist countries such as China, North Korea, Cuba and the former Soviet Union countries
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Ramesh Chandra Jha (8 May 1928 – 7 April 1994) was an Indian poet, novelist and freedom fighter.
Son of a senior gandhian Lakshmi Narayan Jha, who was offered to become the first chief minister of bihar but refused as he called himself a freedom fighter then a politician.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Fortune favours the bold
fix ~ mend
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
The Science Behind wearing Janaeu by Bhramins ⁉
(The sacred white thread also known as Janaeu is a thin cord)
It was donned by Brahmin boys after they reach the age of 12. It is called Upanayan Sanskar and is the 10th Sanskaar of the Santana Dharma.
Janeu is worn on the left shoulder which means shouldering the burdens of life with tolerance. It runs over the heart indicating a life of faith and determination. It touches the back which is the symbol of commitment.
Thus, symbolically janeu enjoins a man to a life of commitment, courage, determination, faith, patience and tolerance. Young unmarried boys wear sacred threads with 3 strands.
The married men wear sacred threads with 6 strands. And men whose parents are no longer alive wear threads with 9 strands.
It is required to tie Janeu into your right ear (3 fold) before attending nature’s call. It is because a blood vessel named LOHITIKA is pressed which helps in easy release of urine and soil. Not only this but it also reduces the risk of diseases related to stomach. It is believed that 90 % of problem starts from stomach only. If a Janeu is tied on one’s ears it helps increases one’s memory and also helps in preventing constipation.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drinking water on an empty stomach can give your diet a boost and help in raising the metabolism by 25%. This means that the digestion of food becomes better and faster. It also helps in losing weight. Drink as much water as you can for reducing your body fat.
Drinking water on an empty stomach makes you active. It increases the red blood cells, which means that more oxygen will reach your cells, giving you more energy.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼