Today’s top news:
- Every year, the Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on April 30 in India. The Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- Government of India suspended the Char Dham Yatra due to surge in COVID-19 . Only the priests are to be allowed to conduct the daily worship and rituals. The Kedarnath is to be reopened on May 17, Gangotri and Yamunotri on May 14 and Badrinath on May 18.
- Former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh (86) was on Friday admitted to cardiac care unit (CCU) at Indira Gandhi Medical College after being flown in from Chandigarh where he was undergoing COVID-19 treatment at a private hospital in Mohali.
- Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Vaccination of people above 18 years of age, which was supposed to start from May 1, may be delayed as the vaccines have not yet arrived, Karnataka Health Minister Dr K Sudhakar said.
- The Rajasthan government will administer COVID-19 vaccine doses to people in the age group of 35-44 years in 11 district headquarters from Saturday.
- The Haryana government has imposed a weekend lockdown in nine districts to stem the spread of COVID-19 in the state , an official order stated. The curfew will be in force in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Panchkula, Sonipat, Rohtak, Karnal, Hisar, Sirsa and Fatehabad districts from 10 pm on Friday till 5 am on Monday.
- The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday said it will start the first phase of vaccination for the 18-44 age group from Saturday in seven districts that have more than 9,000 active COVID-19 cases.
- Television journalist and senior anchor Rohit Sardana died of Covid on Friday , leaving journalists and others who knew him shocked and heartbroken.
Rohit Sardana was with Aaj Tak and anchored a popular show ‘Dangal’ that featured debates on current affairs.
- The Maharashtra government on Friday announced that it would take back COVID-19 vaccines from private hospitals and administer these doses to people through state-run health centres only.
- The West Bengal government has announced a partial shutdown in the state amid the massive surge in coronavirus cases. While shopping complexes, beauty parlours, cinema halls, sports facilities and spas will remain shut, markets will be allowed to function for only five hours every day – 7-10 am and 3-5 pm. Restaurants, bars, gyms and swimming pools will remain shut, the state government said,
- Bihar chief secretary Arun Kumar Singh on Friday died because of Covid complications. The senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer was undergoing treatment for the disease at a hospital in state capital Patna.
- Tribute to veteran lawyer and former Attorney General Soli Sorabjee, who breathed his last on Friday morning. The 91-year-old jurist passed away at a private hospital in Delhi where he was undergoing treatment for COVID-19.
- The Madras High Court on Friday appealed to political leaders and the party cadres in Tamil Nadu not to go in for celebrations, including bursting of crackers after the announcement of election results on May 2 or 3, citing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. the counting of votes polled in West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry begins at 8 am on May 2
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched a 12-day free online course on Geospatial Technology for Archaeological Studies. The course is offered as an extension of the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) outreach programme. This course will be conducted between 17 May to 28 May 2021
- The Delhi High Court suggested that oxygen suppliers could create WhatsApp groups with hospitals on their list so that they can be updated about stocks and supply schedules. It also said it should be made mandatory for larger hospitals to have oxygen plants.
- Armed Forces Get Emergency Financial Powers To Fight India’s Covid Crisis : These new powers will help them operate facilities, procure equipment and resources, and perform any required urgent tasks.
18 . Navy deputes 57 member naval medical team at Ahmedabad in fight against COVID-19 As part of the Armed Forces’ contribution to civil administration in combating the current COVID crisis, a 57 member naval medical team consisting of four doctors, seven nurses, 26 paramedics and 20 supporting staff has been deputed to Ahmedabad
- India’s coronavirus cases may peak between May 3 and 5, according to a mathematical model of a team of scientists advising the government, a few days earlier than a previous estimate as the virus has spread faster than expected.
- COVID-19 IN INDIA
Updated on: 01/05/2021
▲ NEW TOTAL CASES
18762976 ▲ 386452
TOTAL ACTIVE 3170228 ▲ 85414
TOTAL RECOVERED 15384418 ▲ 297540
TOTAL DEATHS 208330 ▲ 3647 A Motivational Article : Nagpur billionaire businessman Pyare Khan has spent Rs 1 crore (Rs 10 million) to supply oxygen and oxygen concentrators to government hospitals in and around Nagpur. Khan started his business career selling oranges to passengers in trains at Nagpur railway station in 1994. Through sheer hard work and his family’s support, soon he graduated to driving an autorickshaw, which he did for six years. In 2004 he bought his first truck. And since then Khan has not looked back.
Three years later, he started his company, Ashmi Road Carriers Private Limited. Today he owns 300 trucks and employs 1,200 people.
His company collects toll at five toll plazas and also owns two petrol pumps. The company transports goods by rail, road and containers. Apart from India, it also does business in Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh with the RPG group.
- International Labour Day 2021 or May Day is round the corner. The day, dedicated to workers and labourers across the world, is also called the International Day of Workers or International Labour Day. May Day celebrates labourers and encourages them to be aware of their rights. International Labour Day on May 1 is a public holiday in many countries.
- The Director General of Civil Aviation on Friday further extended the suspension of scheduled international flights till May 31. The earlier deadline for flights suspension was to end today. The restriction shall not apply to international all-cargo operations and flights specifically approved by the aviation regulator.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and expressed willingness to strengthen anti-pandemic cooperation with India and provide support and help to deal with the current surge of COVID-19 cases in the country.
- Japan will provide 300 oxygen concentrators and as many ventilators to India as it stands with its “friend and partner” in its efforts to combat the unprecedented surge in the coronavirus cases, Japan’s Foreign Office said.
- Indian Navy has launched Operation Samudra Setu-II to augment the ongoing national mission to meet the country’s oxygen requirements. Warships have been deployed to carry liquid oxygen-filled cryogenic containers and associated medical equipment to India amid its worsening COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) airlifted eight oxygen tankers from Singapore to the Panagarh airbase in West Bengal on Friday, Two C-17 aircraft are airlifting eight oxygen tankers from Singapore to Panagarh.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation NATO recently launched the joint military exercises in Albania called the “DEFENDER-Europe 21”. Thousands of military forces from the US are participating in the exercise. More than 26 countries are to conduct simultaneous operations in more than thirty training areas from Black sea, Balkan regions to Baltics and Africa. NATO is North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. It is an intergovernmental military alliance between thirty North American and European countries.
- A massive stampede at Meron, a Jewish Pilgrimage site in Israel killed at least 44 people. This was the largest COVID-19 era gathering of Israel. The stampede occurred at the most reputed tomb of Shimon Bar Yochai. He was a second century sage. The pilgrimage was closed in 2020 due to COVID-19.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in will visit the White House on May 21 for talks with U.S. President Joe Biden, highlighting the “ironclad alliance” between the two countries,
- The Chinese defence ministry urged the United States to rein in its frontline forces which Beijing has said have become more active in the air and seas near China this year. China has frequently maintained that a U.S. military presence in the South China Sea, East China Sea and Taiwan Strait is the main destabilising factor in the region.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in will visit the White House on May 21 for talks with U.S. President Joe Biden
- Friday, 30th April 2021
Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
PUNJAB KINGS 179/5
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE 145/8
Punjab Kings won by 34 runs
- Saturday, 1st May 2021
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT)
Match 27 Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Veteran shooter Chandro Tomar, popularly known as “Shooter Dadi (grandmother)”, has died due COVID-19 . She was 89. Chandro Tomar, who belonged to UP’s Baghpat, started competitive shooting at the age of 65. She won over 30 national championships and numerous other competitions in her career.
$USD 74.10 💷GBP 102.37
In Chennai (Madras)
🥇Gold ₹48,200@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹74,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 92.43
⛽ Diesel ₹ 85.75
LPG : ₹ 825 /14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 48,782.36
Facts about India
International Workers’ Day, also known as Labour Day or Workers’ Day on 1 May
01st May is also celebrated as “Maharashtra Day” and “Gujarat Day” to mark the date in 1960, when the two western states attained statehood, State was divided on linguistic lines.
May Day is one of the most important holidays in communist countries such as China, North Korea, Cuba and the former Soviet Union countries
Thought of the day
Strength is life; weakness is death.”
Joke of the day
दो औरतें आम के पेड़ के नीचे आपस में बात कर रही थीं. काफी देर बात करने के बाद एक आम अचानक टूट कर गिर गया.
पहली औरत : ये आम कैसे गिरा?
दूसरी औरत जैसे ही बोलने वाली थी वैसे ही आम हाथ जोड़कर बोला: पक गया हूं मैं तुम दोनों की बातें सुनकर.
एषः कः? – who is he?
एषा का ? – who is she?
Eshaha (एषः) means ‘he’ in English.
Saha (सः) also means ‘he’.
We refer esha ( एषः)
Sentence, “ Esha kaa?” which means “Who is she?
In July 1915 the Fokker E.I, the first aircraft to enter service with a “synchronisation gear” which enabled a machine gun to fire through the arc of the propeller without striking its blades, became operational.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The Science Behind wearing Janaeu by Bhramins ⁉
(The sacred white thread also known as Janaeu is a thin cord)
It was donned by Brahmin boys after they reach the age of 12. It is called Upanayan Sanskar and is the 10th Sanskaar of the Santana Dharma. Janeu is worn on the left shoulder which means shouldering the burdens of life with tolerance. It runs over the heart indicating a life of faith and determination. It touches the back which is the symbol of commitment. Thus, symbolically janeu enjoins a man to a life of commitment, courage, determination, faith, patience and tolerance. Young unmarried boys wear sacred threads with 3 strands. The married men wear sacred threads with 6 strands. And men whose parents are no longer alive wear threads with 9 strands.
It is required to tie Janeu into your right ear (3 fold) before attending nature’s call. It is because a blood vessel named LOHITIKA is pressed which helps in easy release of urine and soil. Not only this but it also reduces the risk of diseases related to stomach. It is believed that 90 % of problem starts from stomach only. If a Janeu is tied on one’s ears it helps increases one’s memory and also helps in preventing constipation.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drinking water on an empty stomach can give your diet a boost and help in raising the metabolism by 25%. This means that the digestion of food becomes better and faster. It also helps in losing weight. Drink as much water as you can for reducing your body fat.
Drinking water on an empty stomach makes you active. It increases the red blood cells, which means that more oxygen will reach your cells, giving you more energy.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼