Today’s top news:
- National Science Day being observed yesterday, (28 Feb) Vice President, Prime Minister greet the nation : On this day in 1928, Sir CV Raman announced his path-breaking discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’.
- The India Toy Fair-2021’is being held from February 27 to March 2 in a virtual mode. During the inaugural ceremony, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed the toy manufacturers to build toys that are better both for “ecology and psychology.” The toy fair is divided into five stages — pre-school to Class II, primary, upper primary, secondary and senior secondary.
- The health ministry announced that the registration on the Co-WIN 2.0 portal will open at 9 am on Monday (March 1). In the third phase of the coronavirus vaccination drive which begins from March 1, the government is aiming to expand the vaccination drive to the general public of the nation, which include people with co-morbidities in the 45-59 years age group and senior citizens.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes has extended the last date for availing of the direct tax Vivaad Se Vishwas dispute resolution scheme to March 31, 2021. This is the fifth extension of the scheme. Those willing to settle their tax disputes under the Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Act can file their declarations till March 31 and pay the settled tax amount by April 30, 2021.
- Farmers protesting against the three Central farm laws have announced a series of Mahapanchayats in March as the stalemate between the farmers and the government continues over the withdrawal of the laws.
- Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad was all praises for PM Modi claiming that he was proud of him and respected that the BJP leader did not hide his ‘true self’. Speaking at a public event in Jammu.
- Shiv Sena leader and Maharashtra Forest Minister Sanjay Rathod, resigned on Sunday (February 28).
- Tamil Nadu government on Sunday extended the COVID-19 lockdown till March 31 in the state
- The Pune district administration on Sunday extended the night curfew and shutdown of schools till March 14.The essential services are exempted from the curfew.
- An organisation named Jaish-ul-Hind has claimed the responsibility of placing an explosives-laden SUV near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s house in south Mumbai.
- The AP government has invited POSCO India Private Limited, the Indian subsidiary of the Korean conglomerate POSCO, to establish a greenfield integrated steel plant at Krishnapatnam in the Nellore district.
- Filmfare Awards Marathi 2020, one of the most prestigious film awards of Marathi cinema, is finally announced. The grand 5th Planet Filmfare Awards Marathi 2020 event was held at St. Andrews, Bandra, Mumbai, on February 28, Sunday. Deepak Dobriyal, Mukta Barve, and acclaimed film Anandi Gopal won the top honours at the ceremony.
- The ‘Sindhu Netra’ satellite developed by a team of young scientists from Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was successfully deployed in space on Sunday. The satellite was launched using the Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) PSLV-C51 which took off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. Sindhu Netra’ surveillance satellite deployed in space, will help to monitor Indian Ocean Region.
- Army cancels pan-India recruitment exam after paper leak; 3 arrested :
Exam for recruiting personnel for general duty was cancelled pan-India it was scheduled on Sunday.
- Coronavirus Cases:
- PM Modi will receive the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award for his commitment to expanding India’s leadership in sustainable development to meet the country’s, and the world’s, future energy needs. The award will be given to him during an annual international energy conference, which will be held virtually from March 1 to 5, 2021.
- The Indian Air Force aerobatic display teams, the fixed wing “Suryakirans’ and rotary wing ‘Sarang’ , along with Light Combat Aircraft Tejas arrived at Colombo, Sri Lanka, on 27 Feb 21 on an invitation from Air Marshal Sudarshana Pathirana, Commander of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF). The Suryakirans, Sarang and LCA Tejas will participate in an Air Show at Galle Face, Colombo, scheduled from 03–05 Mar 21 as part of the 70th anniversary celebrations of SLAF.
- Aviation regulator, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has extended the suspension of international commercial passenger flight services till March 31st. Scheduled international flight operations were suspended from March 23, 2020 in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
- Pakistan has arrested 17 Indian fishermen and confiscated their three boats for allegedly straying into the country’s territorial waters. Fishermen who were 10-15 nautical miles inside Pakistan’s territorial waters near Sir Creek, the coastal border between Pakistan and India.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launches the Brazilian satellite Amazonia-1 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, on Sunday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated ISRO on the success of the first dedicated commerciallaunch mission of PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1.
- United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has announced the appointment of Ligia Noronha of India as Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme . Noronha is an economist and has worked since 2014 as Director of UNEP’s Economy Division based in Nairobi.
- Protests in Myanmar : 18 people have been killed on Sunday as police and armed forces unleashed force on the protestors against the military government in various parts of Myanmar. This is the bloodiest day in the ongoing protests in Myanmar demanding restoration of civilian government and release of the deposed State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi.
- The Home Ministry of Bangladesh has formed a five-member probe committee to investigate the death of the undertrial writer Mushtaq Ahmed in Gazipur jail.
- The 53 year old writer Mushtaq Ahmed was arrested in May last year under the controversial Digital Security Act (DSA) on the charges of spreading rumours and carrying out anti-government activities on Facebook. He was lodged in Kashimpur jail where he died on Thursday.
- Donald Trump repeats election lie, declares himself future of the Republican Party
Former President Trump hinted at a possible second run in 2024, attacked US President Biden, and repeated his fraudulent claims that he won the 2020 election.
- Slovak government will tighten anti-epidemic measures from March 3, including stricter limits on people’s movement, as the country struggles with the resurgent coronavirus.
- Relatives of more than 300 girls abducted by gunmen from their boarding school in northwest Nigeria endured an agonising wait for news amid rumours that they had been released, while security forces continued their search on Sunday.
- Coronavirus Cases :
- Star Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat, on Sunday, pinned 2017 world champion V Kaladzinskay to grab a gold medal at the Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial tournament in Kiev, Ukraine , and returned to the mat in style after a long coronavirus-forced break.
- Vinesh opened up a 4-0 lead in the 53kg final with a throw which she initiated with a left-leg attack but Kaladzinskay made it 4-4 with her brilliant move. Vinesh took the break leading 6-4, adding to her score with a take down, 10 seconds before the break.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has decided to restore the recognition of the Gymnastics Federation of India (GFI) as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
$USD 73.60 💷GBP 102.48
🥇Gold ₹47,510@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 92.54
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.47
LPG : ₹ 845/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex: 49,099
NIFTY : 14,529.15
Facts about India
In India February 28 is celebrated as the National Science Day. is day marks the epoch-making discovery of Raman Effect by Indian physicist Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (CV Raman) on February 28, 1928. This discovery was awarded with the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
Thought of the day
SMILE IS NOT A WORD, BUT BEAUTIFUL SENTENCE
Joke of the day
Frnd : Aaj TV pe 30 feet ka saap dikhane wale hi.
Pappu : Acha
Par mai nhi dekh pawunga.
Frnd : kyu
Pappu : Mera TV to 21 inch ka hi hai
City of Golden Gate : San Francisco(U.S.A)
City of Seven Hills : Rome (Italy)
What is Geneva Convention exactly❓
A series of treaties concluded in Geneva between 1864 and 1949 are together called Genva Convention and has the following objectives:
- Immunity from capture and destruction of all establishments for the treatment of wounded and sick soldiers and their personnel
- Impartial reception and treatment of all combatants,
- Protection of civilians providing aid to the wounded, and
- Recognition of the Red Cross symbol as a means of identifying persons and equipment covered by the agreement.
All major countries in the world – including India and Pakistan – are signatories of the Geneva convention which advocates the humane treatment of soldiers and/or civilians captured. While this is usually in times of declared war, and India and Pakistan are currently not in a state of war even if tensions are high, the third Geneva Convention states that it is applicable even during armed conflict.
kuto = kutaḥ = where?
How it works ⁉
Preparation of Leather Cricket ball : A cricket ball is a hard, solid ball used to play cricket. A cricket ball consists of cork covered by 4 pieces of cow leather. This is sewn to make the seam. The white ball needs a lot of coating, which makes it heavier than the red and pink ball.
White balls came into existence solely based on visibility. When a match went on for longer durations, the red ball was less visible, as it became a little brownish in the yellow floodlights, which was difficult to spot on the pitch. Whereas, the white ball is more polished and visible in the dark.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
अलसस्य कुतो विद्या अविद्यस्य कुतो धनम् ।
अधनस्य कुतो मित्रं अमित्रस्य कुतः सुखम् ॥
alasasya kuto vidyā, avidyasya kuto dhanam |
adhanasya kuto mitram, amitrasya kutaḥ sukham ||
then, No knowledge
then, No money
then, No friend
then, No joy 🙁
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Diabetes is a chronic illness wherein your blood sugar levels rise abnormally, affecting different organs of your body. Insufficient production of insulin is the main cause of diabetes.
Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain lycopene which reduces the risk of many chronic diseases including diabetes. It has very low GI which is a must when you are diabetic.
Oranges – Oranges are citrus foods that are rich in fiber. You can either eat the fruit or drink orange juice.
Beans – Beans are extremely nutritious in nature. It has minerals like potassium and magnesium which deliver the right amount of nutrients you need in order to fight diabetes.
Nuts/Seeds – Nuts like walnuts and flaxseeds contain fiber, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids. These are not only good for diabetes but also for your heart health and cholesterol levels.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼