01 Jul (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Ashada 27, (Purnimanta) Ashada 13, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Anuradha (up to 3:04 pm) Jyeshta
Tithi: Thrayodashi (up to 11:07 pm) Chaturdashi
Rahu: 09:09 AM – 10:50 AM
Yamaganda: 02:11 PM – 03:51 PM
USE THESE ECO FRIENDLY PLATES https://youtu.be/UV4J-S_xERk
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha early morning on Friday flagged off the first batch of 3,488 pilgrims for Shri Amarnath Cave Shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas from Bhagwati Nagar Yatri Niwas base camp. The 62-day long yatra will conclude on August 30.
- Geographical Indication Registry (Chennai, Tamil Nadu-TN) under the Department of Industry Promotion and Internal Trade (DIPIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), has recognised 7 Handicrafts products from Uttar Pradesh with Geographical Indication (GI) Tag.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has said that the development work at the Ayodhya Airport is expected to be completed by September this year.
- PM Modi to launch National Sickle Cell Anaemia Elimination Mission in Madhya Pradesh.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya virtually reviewed the preparedness of States for prevention and control of Vector Borne diseases, ahead of the Monsoon Season.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi met the Governor of Manipur Anusuiya Uikey at Raj Bhavan in Imphal to discuss the present crisis prevailing in the state.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has launched a new mobile app, ‘DMRC Travel’, which will allow commuters to buy QR code-based tickets online. The app is currently available on Android platforms, while its iOS version is being developed.
- The draft of the proposed Uniform Civil Code for Uttarakhand is complete, Justice (retired) Ranjana Prakash Desai said.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath on Friday handed over keys of houses built on land freed from the ‘illegal’ possession of slain gangster-turned-politician Atiq Ahmad under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) to 76 beneficiaries.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK.Stalin said that Senthil Balaji will continue as a minister without portfolio.
- The Manipur government on Friday said that schools will remain closed till July 8. In a notification, the government said that the resumption of normal classes for all schools in the state stands deferred till July 8 or until further order. The ban on internet services has been extended till 3 pm on July 5 in the violence-hit state.
- Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway Toll Price Hiked: The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has increased the toll charges. The new price will come into effect from July 1.
- Kerala Sahitya Akademi announced fellowships for writers and awards in various categories for 2022 on Friday. Literary critic M M Basheer and writer N Prabhakaran won the prestigious fellowships while a total of 25 awards and endowments were also declared.
- Andhra Pradesh government is getting ready to disburse 1,735.36 crore under the YSR Pension Kanuka to benefit as many as 62.99 lakh pensioners. The disbursal will take place from July 1 to 5.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, on the recommendation of the Railway Board, appointed Anil Kumar Misra — an Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers officer — as the South Eastern Railway general manager, a post held by Archana Joshi.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- At least 25 people died and several others were injured after a bus burst into flames on Samruddhi Mahamarg Expressway in Maharashtra’s Buldhana district. The accident was reported around 2 am on Saturday when it was going from Yavatmal to Pune.
- Andhra Pradesh government has announced ₹25 lakh ex-gratia each for the family members of the two workers who were killed after a reactor blasted in a private pharmaceutical lab in Visakhapatnam on Friday. As many as 35 workers were working in the industry at the time of the accident. Five people have been injured.
- A social and political activist has lodged a complaint against PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti in Nawabad police station in Jammu for “spreading misinformation” and levelling “fake and irresponsible” allegations against Army.
- Notably, Mehbooba Mufti had tweeted that she was “shocked to hear about army troops storming into a mosque at Pulwama” and “forcing” people to chant a religious slogan.
- A bus of a private school caught fire in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore on Friday. BSF jawans present at the spot saved six children and the bus driver.
- Heavy rains lashed several parts of Gujarat with some areas receiving more than 200 mm showers in the last 30 hours, while rain-related incidents claimed the lives of nine persons over the past two days in the state.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank :
$ USD ₹.82.10
💷 GBP ₹.103.25
GDP rate (2023 ) : 6.15%
Inflation rate : 4.7%
Population : 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unemployment : 7.8%
BSE Sensex: 64,718.56 +803.14 (1.26%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,189.05 +216.95 (1.14%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 59,180/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 71,500/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The government revised the interest rates for small saving schemes for the next three months. According to the Finance Ministry, the recurring deposit holders would get a 6.5% interest against the existing 6.2% during the second quarter of this financial year.
- One-year term deposit will get 6.9% interest and two year term deposit will earn 7% interest.
- Home Minister Amit Shah today approved the release of over six thousand 194 crore rupees to 19 State governments under the State Disaster Response Fund.
- Union Minister for Heavy Industries Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey had a meeting with Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) and Commerce and Industry Chamber at Leh and reviewed the industry sector.
- Government has permitted all Public Sector Banks and eligible Private Sector Banks to implement and operationalise the Mahila Samman Savings Certificate, 2023.
- The government has approved the issuance of 27th tranche of electoral bonds that will open for sale. Finance Ministry said, State Bank of India has been authorised to issue and encash electoral bonds through its 29 branches from 3rd July to 12th July this year.
- The boards of Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) and private lender HDFC Bank approved July 1 as the effective date of merger. The merged HDFC entity will now be valued at $172 billion, becoming the fourth most valuable bank in the world in terms of market capitalisation.
- The Income Tax Department has issued clarification hours before the expiry of the deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar. “In cases where fee payment & consent for linking have been received, but linking has not been done till 30.06.2023, such cases will be duly considered by the Department,” the department tweeted.
- Vedanta said it has launched an inclusion policy for its transgender employees in an effort to promote inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. As part of the comprehensive policy, Vedanta is extending additional medical benefits in terms of a 30-day gender reaffirmation leave and financial support of up to ₹2 lakh for gender reaffirmation surgery.
- Tata Communications will buy CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) company Kaleyra for around $100 million in an all-cash deal. The deal is expected to close in six to nine months.
- One of the world’s largest online travel agencies Trip.com has announced that it will pay 50,000 yuan (around ₹5.7 lakh) to employees for each child they have starting July 1. Under this programme, Trip.com will pay its employees across the world an annual cash bonus of 10,000 yuan for each newborn child until the child reaches the age of five.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
- Filmmaker Nitesh Tiwari is reportedly making a film based on Ramayana with Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt. According to reports, the makers are “being extra cautious” in terms of how they approach the film after the criticism against Om Raut’s ‘Adipurush’. The upcoming film will be made on a budget of ₹500 crore, as per reports.
- The music rights of ‘Jawan’, an upcoming action-thriller film starring Shah Rukh Khan, have reportedly been sold for ₹36 crore to T-Series.
- Actor Ram Charan and his wife Upasana Konidela, who were blessed with a baby girl on June 20, on Friday revealed their daughter has been named Klin Kaara Konidela. “Taken from the Lalitha Sahasranamam the name signifies a transformative, purifying energy that brings about a spiritual awakening,” Upasana wrote on Instagram
- Alan Arkin, the American actor who won an Oscar for 2006 comedy-drama ‘Little Miss Sunshine’, passed away at the age of 89.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Tejas completes seven years of service to the Indian Air Force. The indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) will complete seven years of service in the Indian Air Force on July 1. Christened TEJAS in 2003, It has been designed to undertake the Air Defence, Maritime Reconnaissance and Strike roles.
- Recently India-United States Defence Acceleration Ecosystem (INDUS X) was launched at an event in Washington DC, USA on 21 June 2023.
- It was co-organised by Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX), Ministry of Defence and US Department of Defence (DoD). The event aimed to foster collaboration between Indian and US start-ups in deeptech innovations especially in the domains of Space and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Defence Ministry has signed a contract of two thousand 725 crore rupees with Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited for Medium Refit with Life Certification (MRLC) of Submarine INS Shankush. Shankush is a Sub-Surface Killer Class of Submarine to be re-fitted at Mumbai.
- US PREDATOR DRONES PRICE NOT FINALISED :: The purchase of drones will increase interoperability with US military forces. Indian Navy is already using two MQ 9B drones on lease. The cost of the predator drones is still in early stage of negotiations. India is planning to buy 31 predator planes from the United States.
- The National Security Advisor of India, Ajit Doval, visited Duqm Port in Oman, where Muscat has given strategic access to the Indian Navy. This will enable Indian Navy to facilitate its presence in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- The deliveries of the Light Combat Aircraft MK-1A are expected to commence in February next year. Defence Ministry said the new variant will be capable of firing a plethora of weapons from increased stand-off ranges.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- PM Modi reiterated his call for dialogue and diplomacy on the situation in Ukraine over a telephonic conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin.”They reviewed progress in bilateral cooperation and exchanged views on regional and global issues of mutual interest.
- Dr TV Nagendra Prasad presently serving as the Consulate General of India, San Francisco, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- India will host the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit on Tuesday in a virtual format.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping, who will attend the virtual summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) being hosted by India, will deliver important remarks at the meeting and along with other leaders chart the course for the future growth of the organization.
- Union Minister of State (MoS) V Muraleedharan, met with the families of the fishermen — who have been detained by the Iranian authorities for allegedly crossing the border — in Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday. He assured that the Union government is in touch with the Iranian Foreign Ministry and expressed confidence in getting consular access to meet the detained fisherman.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- At least thirteen buses from the RATP depot in Aubervilliers were set on fire after a teenager was shot dead in a fatal police shooting in Nanterre, France.
- Pakistan Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has said a staff-level agreement for a crucial bailout deal with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is “very close” and expected in the next 24 hours.
- Virgin Galactic successfully completes its maiden commercial space flight after a 75-minute suborbital journey to the edge of space. Virgin Galactic is an American spaceflight company founded by Richard Branson in 2004.
- Nepal celebrates the 20th National Paddy Day and Paddy Cultivation Festival, India continues to be the largest rice exporter of rice to Nepal.
- A sunspot more than 10 times wider than Earth has appeared on the Sun. The dark spot, which has been designated as AR3354, will disappear on Sunday (July 2), as per NASA.
- A video showing hundreds of protestors storming Swedish embassy in Iraq’s Baghdad following a Quran-burning protest in Sweden has surfaced online. This comes after a man tore and burned Quran outside a mosque in Sweden’s Stockholm.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association : P. T. Usha
- INDIA’S FIRST-EVER WOMEN’S KABADDI LEAGUE:
Uma Kolkata team claimed the championship title against Punjab Panthers in the India’s first-ever Historic Women’s Kabaddi League held in Dubai. Winner Team securing a grand prize of ₹10,000,000.
- The Indian men’s national football team has climbed up to the 100th rank on FIFA’s latest world rankings surpassing teams like Lebanon and New Zealand to achieve the feat. This is after five years that the Indian men’s football team entered the top 100 club after slipping away from the 96th position in 2018.
- Sporting legend and India’s first-ever Olympic medallist in women’s boxing, Mary Kom, has been honoured with the Global Indian Icon of the Year award at the annual UK-India Awards in Windsor, south-eastern England.
- Indian men’s football team head coach Igor Stimac has been banned for two matches along with fine of $500 for red card offence in match against Kuwait at 2023 SAFF Championship. He had argued with match officials during the match. SAFF General Secretary Anwarul Haq said that Stimac also used abusive language against the officials.
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra made a triumphant return to competition after a one-month injury lay-off, securing his second consecutive podium finish of the season at the Lausanne leg of the Diamond League on Friday night.
- Neeraj claimed victory in the men’s javelin event with a remarkable throw of 87.66m in the fifth round. His outstanding performance surpassed the efforts of European Champion Julian Weber, who managed 87.03m, and World Leader Jakub Vadlejch, who recorded a distance of 86.13m.
- Indian duo of Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Harinderpal Singh Sandhu won the gold medal at the Asian Squash Mixed Doubles Championships in Huangzhou, China, on Friday.
Union territory: 1 Nov 1956
Formation of state: 21 January 1972
Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
CM: Manik Saha (BJP)
Bird: Green imperial pigeon
Flower: Indian rose
Fruit: Queen pineapple
Mammal: Phayre’s leaf monkey
Tree : Agarwood
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Speaker Lok Sabha: Om Birla (BJP)
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax (or consumption tax) used in India on the supply of goods and services. It is a comprehensive, multistage, destination-based tax: Goods and services are divided into five different tax slabs for collection of tax – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, petroleum products, alcoholic drinks, and electricity are not taxed under GST and instead are taxed separately by the individual state governments
The tax came into effect from 1 July 2017 through the implementation of the One Hundred and First Amendment of the Constitution of India by the Indian government. The GST replaced existing multiple taxes levied by the central and state governments.
😀Thought of the day
Walking through darkness with thoughts full of colors
JOKE OF THE DAY
पत्नी – मैं तुम्हें कितनी अच्छी लगती हूं?😁
पति – बहुत ज्यादा।🙄🤔
पत्नी – फिर भी बताओ कितनी?🙄
पति – इतनी कि मन करता है तुम्हारे जैसी एक और ले आऊं।🤔🤪🤣
Why seventh month of the year named July ?
July is the seventh month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars and one of seven months with the length of 31 days. It was named by the Roman Senate in honor of the Roman general, Julius Caesar, it being the month of his birth. Prior to that, it was called Quintilis. Quintilis means “fifth month” in Latin, which represents where this month originally fell in the Roman calendar
He conquered Gaul (what is now part of Italy, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands), changed the structure of the Roman government into a dictatorship, was assassinated in legendary fashion. Caesar is responsible for the year as we know it having 365 days, and for the existence of a leap year every four years.
कः समयः ? = What is the time?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How is a Kidney Stone formed.?
Kidney stones form when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances — such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid — than the fluid in your urine can dilute. At the same time, your urine may lack substances that prevent crystals from sticking together, creating an ideal environment for kidney stones to form.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
RBI Governors 2021: The first RBI governor was British banker, Osborn Smith, while the first Indian to be the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India was C.D. Deshmukh. The current Governor of RBI is Shakthikant Das, who took charge on December 12, 2018.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Venkaiah Naidu ; Date of Birth: 01-Jul-1949
13th was the Vice-President of India.
His Place of Birth: Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India
Company Quarter Master Abdul Hamid
(01-Jul-1933 – 10 Sep 1965)
Recipient of Param Vir Chakra. Date of Birth:
Place of Birth: Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A close shave
A narrow escape
Molest x harass, tease
Molest = Console, soothe
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why should Lord Yama be born as Vidura?
There is a story/reason behind whatever happens. So story goes thus:-
The was a sage named Mandavya. He lived in a hermitage in the forests on the outskirts of the city. One day while he was immersed in silent contemplation under the shade of a tree outside his hut of leaves, a band of robbers fled through the woods with officers of the king in hot pursuit. The fugitives entered the ashrama thinking that it would be a convenient place to hide themselves in. They placed their booty in a corner and hid themselves.
The soldiers of the king came to the ashrama tracking their footsteps. The commander of the soldiers asked Mandavya, who was rapt in deep meditation, the whereabouts of the robbers. The sage, who was absorbed in yoga, remained silent. The commander incessantly question insolently. But the sage did not hear anything. In the meantime some of the attendants entered the ashrama and discovered the stolen goods lying there. The commander thought that the reason why the brahmana pretended to be a silent is because he was the chief of these robbers and had also inspired the robbery.
The king was informed about this and without verifying the facts he ordered them to impale him. The commander returned to the hermitage, impaled Mandavya on a spear and handed over the stolen things to the king. The virtuous sage, though impaled on the spear, did not die since he was in yoga. Sages who lived in other parts of the forest came to his hermitage and asked Mandavya how he came to be in that terrible state. Mandavya humbly replied that the soldiers have inflicted the punishment. King was frightened to hear that the sage was still alive and asked him forgivingness for the unwittingly committed crime.
Mandavya was not angry with the king. He went straight to Dharma, the divine dispenser of justice, asked him what crime had he committed to deserve this torture. Yama replied that he had tortured birds and bees when he was a child. This was a result of that offence.
Mandavya then pronounced a curse to Yama because the decree of punishment was not comparable to the mistakes committed by a child in ignorance. Lord Dharma who was thus cursed by the sage Mandavya incarnated as Vidura and was born of the servant-maid of Ambalika, the wife of Vichitravirya.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drinking plenty of liquids can help to move excess gas through the digestive system, which can ease gas pain and discomfort. Drinking non-carbonated beverages will avoid extra gas intake. Warm water or herbal teas may help to ease pain and discomfort for some people.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT