01 Feb (Tuesday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Magha 15, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 30 (Amanta)According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Amavasya (up to 11:15 am) Pratipada
Rahu Kaal : 03:25 PM – 04:47 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Over 166.59 crore vaccine doses administered. Union Health Ministry said, over 94.17 crore vaccine doses have been administered as first dose and more than 71.17 crore vaccine doses given as second doses. more than 53 lakh vaccine doses were administered on Monday. Over four crore 65 lakh children have received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine till date.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the Union Budget for the Financial Year 2022-2023 in the Lok Sabha today at 11 AM. The copy of the Budget will be laid on the Table of the Rajya Sabha soon thereafter. A meeting of the Union Cabinet will be held today to approve the Union Budget 2022-23.
- Addressing joint sitting of Parliament, President Ram Nath Kovind has said that India once again becomes one of the fastest growing economies of the world and the govt is moving fast on building a strong foundation for the next 25 years following the mantra of ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Aur Sabka Prayas’. He said, the most important resolution related to this foundation is the creation of inclusive and self-reliant India.
- The Election Commission has extended the ban on road shows, Pad-yatras, vehicle rallies and processions till 11th February in the states of Goa, Manipur, Punjab, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.. Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra said.
- The Commission has now decided to allow physical public meetings of Political parties or contesting candidates in designated open spaces with a maximum of one thousand persons, instead of existing five hundred persons or 50 per cent of the capacity of the ground. limit for door to door campaigns. Instead of ten persons, now 20 persons, excluding security personnel, will be allowed for door to door campaigns. Indoor meetings of a maximum of 500 persons, instead of existing three hundred persons.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has called for synergies between Central and State Governments for better execution of PM-Gati Shakti vision. Addressing the PM-Gati Shakti Conference through video conference for the Central Zone.
- Department of Personnel and Training, DoPT has said that as preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID -19, the Biometric Attendance will remain suspended till 15th of February, 2022.
- Consumer Affairs Ministry has said that more than 637 lakh tonnes of paddy has been procured in Kharif Marketing Season 2021-22 by the Govt. Around 83 lakh farmers have been benefitted from the procurement with Minimum Support Price value of over one lakh 25 thousand crore rupees.
- The last date for registration to participate in the 5th edition of Pariksha pe Charcha has been extended till 3rd February. Pariksha Pe Charcha is an interactive program wherein students, parents and teachers from India and overseas interact with PM Modi to discuss and overcome the stress emerging out of examinations in order to celebrate life as an Utsav. The format of this programme is proposed to be in online mode like that of last year. School students of classes 9 to 12, teachers and parents shall be selected through an online competition.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : state govt is restarting the Corona care centers across 13 districts to render effective service to C-patients in view of the surge in infections. Nearly 200 covid care centers have been readied and nodal officers appointed while more beds were arranged in government and private hospitals as a precautionary measure.
- CHANDIGARH Department of Education allows physical classes for standards 10-12 from Feb 1. All the students above the age of 15 should have been vaccinated at least for the 1st dose while attending offline classes,
- Madhya Pradesh govt has decided to reopen schools from classes 1 to 12 with 50 % capacity from 1 February.
- MANIPUR : Shiv Sena party has announced the names of its six candidates who will contest the upcoming assembly elections in Manipur. The list of six candidates including three ST and one SC seats was announced by Shiv Sena (North East) In-Charge Dilip Panicker on Monday.
- Maharashtra : Students on Monday held a protest outside the residence of Maharashtra School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad in Mumbai against offline exams. The students demanded that exams for classes 10th and 12th should be held in online mode amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- MEGHALAYA : 17-year-old boy has been detained in connection with Sunday’s bomb blast at Police Bazar in Shillong and a live improvised explosive device (IED) was seized from his home, Meghalaya Home Minister Lahkmen Rymbui said. Police also arrested his accomplice. The boy claimed to be the area commander of the banned Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) in Shillong.
- KERALA Govt decides to continue Sunday lockdown and district-level restrictions to slow down transmission of the third wave of #COVID19.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Samajwadi Party President Akhilesh Yadav on Monday filed his nomination from the Karhal seat in Mainpuri district for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
- PUNJAB ;; PM Modi on Monday met Shiromani Akali Dal (Sanyukt) chief Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa ahead of elections in Punjab and said the latter’s passion for Punjab’s progress was always visible. “Had a wonderful meeting with…Sardar Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa ji. It is always a delight to hear his insightful views on key subjects,” PM Modi said in a tweet.
- TELANGANA : The Commission of Inquiry appointed by the Supreme Court to inquire into the alleged encounter killing of the four accused in the gang rape and murder case of a woman veterinarian in Hyderabad has submitted its report to the apex court.
The panel was appointed on December 12, 2019 to inquire into the circumstances in which the four persons — Mohammed Arif, Chintakunta Chennakeshavulu, Jollu Shiva and Jollu Naveen — who were the accused in the case, were killed in Hyderabad on December 6, 2019 while in the custody of the police.
💷 GBP 100.36
BSE Sensex 58,014.17
NIFTY : 17,339.85
- Finance Minister Ms Nirmala Sitharaman tabled the Economic Survey 2021-22 in Parliament on Monday, which states that the year ahead is well poised for a pick-up in private sector investment with the financial system in a good position to provide support to the revival of economy.
- According to states Economic Survey: India will witness GDP growth of 8 to 8.5% in 2022-23, supported by widespread vaccine coverage, gains from supply-side reforms and easing of regulations, robust export growth, and availability of fiscal space to ramp up capital spending.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the Union Budget 2022-23 in a paperless form for the second time today in the Lok Sabha. Earlier, the Union Budget of 2021-22 was delivered in paperless form last year for the first time.
- Birthday today: Bollywood actor Jai Kishan Kakubhai ” Jackie” Shroff (born 1 February 1957). He has won four Filmfare Awards.
Brahmanandam Kanneganti (born 1 February 1956) is an Indian film actor and comedian, known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema. He currently holds the Guinness World Record for the most screen credits for a living actor.
He was honoured with the Padma Shri, for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2009.
Manoj Tiwari (born 1 February 1971) is an Indian politician, singer and actor. He was appointed as Delhi BJP president in 2016 .
- Indian Coast Guard 46th Raising Day
The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 1 February 1977 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India.
Motto : वयम् रक्षामः
Vayam Rakṣāmaḥ Director General : Virender Singh Pathania PTM, TM, is an Indian Coast Guard officer serving as the 24th and the current Director General of the Indian Coast Guard.He assumed the office on 31 December 2021 upon superannuation of Director General Krishnaswamy Natarajan. He is the first helicopter pilot to hold this position.
- One of the primary duties of the Indian Coast Guard is prevention of smuggling through maritime routes in its area of responsibility. In the last one year, it has seized drugs and contraband worth nearly four thousand crore rupees.
- Defence Ministry has said that home delivery of medicines will begin from tomorrow under Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation, SeHAT. As part of the Government’s commitment to Digital India and e-Governance, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had launched SeHAT in May 2021.
- SeHAT is the tri-services teleconsultation service of the Ministry of Defence designed for all entitled personnel and their families. SeHAT is the tri-services teleconsultation service of the Ministry of Defence designed for all entitled personnel and their families. Home Delivery will be started with Base Hospital Delhi Cantt.
- Manipur Governor La Ganesan handed over citations to four Commandant ranked officers of Assam Rifles Battalions recognising their role in safeguarding the border and curbing drug menace in the State. The citations were handed over to the Commandant of 16th AR, 20th AR, 24th AR and 25th AR Battalions stationed in Manipur.
CISF Constable Recruitment 2022: Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is inviting online applications for the recruitment of Constable/Fire. Interested and eligible candidates can apply on CISF Constable Recruitment from 29 January to 04 March 2022. A total of 1149 vacancies are available across the country
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi has congratulated Prime Minister of Portugal Antonio Costa for resounding performance in the parliamentary elections in Portugal and his re-election.
- Haj Committee of India has extended its last date for filling up online Haj applications by 15th of February
- India has joined a global movement to illuminate 100 landmarks across the world to raise awareness on Neglected Tropical Diseases, NTDs. Observing the third World Neglected Tropical Diseases, NTD Day on Sunday, as a key moment to highlight the global community’s commitment to ending NTDs, India joined close to 40 other nations to illuminate the iconic New Delhi Railway Station in purple and orange hues.
- India nominates the Hoysala Temples of Belur, Halebid and Somnathapura in Karnataka for UNESCO’s World Heritage List for the year 2022-2023.
- The BSF on Monday apprehended a Pakistani fisherman and seized three Pakistani fishing boats near Sir Creek region in Gujarat’s Kutch, the public relation office of BSF’s Gujarat Frontier said.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The United Nations has said that more than 100 former members of the Afghan govt, its security forces and those who worked with international troops have been killed since the Taliban took over the country. In a report, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that more than two-thirds of the victims were allegedly killed extrajudicially by the Taliban or its affiliates.
- At least 18 people have been killed during torrential rains in Brazil’s Sao Paulo state that caused landslides.
- The US, Britain and Canada on Monday imposed sanctions on officials in Myanmar. The action has been taken on the eve of the anniversary of the military coup that plunged the country into a crisis. The joint action by the three nations targets judicial officials involved in prosecutions against Myanmar’s ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
- A powerful winter storm has swept through northern Europe, killing several people, destroying houses and vehicles. Strong winds have struck the United Kingdom, Denmark, Poland and Germany, leaving hundreds of thousands of homes without power. Bridges were shut, trains cancelled and ferries docked as coastal surges led to flooding.
- Hong Kong’s Home Affairs chief Caspar Tsui resigned on Monday, weeks after he attended a birthday party with around 200 guests. Although new COVID-19 curbs hadn’t come into force then, leader Carrie Lam had appealed to people to avoid large gatherings amid rising infections
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has tested positive for COVID-19.
- UK’s Chief Scientific Advisor, Sir Patrick Vallance has been appointed as Chairman of London’s Natural History Museum.
- Russian capital, Moscow on Monday started offering free shots of domestically developed COVID-19 vaccine, Sputnik M to 12-17 year-olds amid Omicron surge.
- PRO KABADDI
January 31, 2022
Dabang Delhi K.C. 36
U Mumba 30
Haryana Steelers 26
Gujarat Giants 32
- ICC Under-19 cricket World Cup , India beat Bangladesh by five wickets in the Super League quarter-final at Antigua to set up semi-final clash with Australia.
- Indian men’s hockey team goalkeeper PR Sreejesh, who was part of the men’s team that clinched the bronze medal at Tokyo Olympics, won World Games Athlete of the Year award for 2021 on Monday. Notably, he became only the second Indian to receive the award. In 2020, Indian women’s hockey team captain Rani Rampal became first Indian to win it.
- Ranji Trophy 2022, which was earlier postponed due to rising COVID-19 cases in India, is set to begin with league stage to be held from February 16 to March 5, as per revised schedule by BCCI
- Australian Open Tennis : Rafael Nadal creates history by winning record 21st grand slam title. defeated World No. 2 Daniil Medvedev in a thrilling 5-set Australian Open men’s singles final.
- The win has also put Nadal one step ahead of the other two big men of tennis, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, both having 20 Grand Slam titles each to their credit.
- World Number one Ashleigh Barty, won her first Australian Open title after defeating Danielle Collins of the United States in the Women’s Singles final at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. Barty became the first Australian to claim a Grand Slam title on home soil in 44 years since Christine O’Neill in 1978.
J&K (UT): Srinagar (May–October)
Lt. Gvnr : Manoj Sinha
Districts : 20
🥇Gold ₹48,810 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.15
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.32
LPG : ₹ 951/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India has attained the fourth position globally in installed wind power capacity after China, US and Germany.
😀 Thought of the day
PURE HEART PERSON CAN HAV A WONDERFUL SMILE
THAT MAKES EVEN HIS ENEMY FEEL GUILTY FOR BEING ENEMY
SO CATCH D WORLD WITH UR SMILE
JOKE OF THE DAY
teacher told all students
in a class to write an essay
on a cricket match.
all were busy writing except Pappu.
He wrote no match, due to rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🙄😳🤪
Why didn’t Nepal & Bhutan become part of India after india was created by the British in 1947?
Nepal & Bhutan did not become part of India simply because they were NOT part of British India (area governed by the Viceroy of the British India). Their relations with Briton were guided by “treaties between them and the British Government (headed by the Queen)”.
For Nepal, it’s simply because they were never colonized by the British. Nepal and Britain also signed a friendship treaty in 1923 that reaffirmed Nepal’s independence and even recorded it in League of Nations. So, when India became independent in 1947, Nepal had already been independent Country for centuries with separate identity and Indian Govt may have also realized that Nepal was a important buffer against China, and hence we are not part of India and never will be.
जिस को कम ज्ञान होता है वह अपने को बहुत विद्वान समझता है.
Learned ones are always humble, those with little knowledge are boisterous of their achievement.
Varna contextually means colour, race, tribe, species, kind, sort, nature, character
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Rabies cause
The term is derived from the Latin rabies, “madness “. This, in turn, may be related to the Sanskrit rabhas, “to rage”.
Rabies infection is caused by the rabies virus. The virus is spread through the saliva of infected animals. Infected animals can spread the virus by biting another animal or a person. In rare cases, rabies can be spread when infected saliva gets into an open wound or the mucous membranes, such as the mouth or eyes. The rabies virus spreads by way of the nerve cells to the brain. Once in the brain, the virus multiplies rapidly. This activity causes severe inflammation of the brain and spinal cord after which the person deteriorates rapidly and dies. an infected person is expected to live only seven days after the appearance of symptoms.
Dog Bite First aid
Wash the wound with soap and warm water.
Gently press a clean cloth over the wound to stop the flow of blood.
Apply an antibacterial ointment to the wound.
Cover with a sterile bandage.
Seek help of doctor if you suspect infection or possible exposure to rabies, or if the wound is severe.
Bite wounds from dogs can range from minor to life-threatening and need to be treated quickly to prevent infection or traumatic complications, so concern the doctor.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
On 1st February, the Indian Coast Guard celebrates its foundation day. This year Indian Coast Guard celebrated its 45th Raising Day. Indian Coast Guard has played a significant role in securing the Indian Coasts and enforcing regulations within the Maritime Zones of India.
The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 1 February 1977 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Himanta Biswa Sarma (1 February 1969) is an Indian politician who serves as the 15th and current CM of Assam. A former member of the Indian National Congress political party, Sarma crossed the floor to join the Bharatiya Janata Party on 23 August 2015.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Through thick and thin In good times and in bad times
Calamity – Disaster
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Orange is the first thing that comes to mind whenever we think of Vitamin C. Orange boost is an interesting way to consume the Vitamin C-rich fruit. This drink also helps in boosting immunity.
Beetroot contains Vitamin C and its leaves are a good source of iron. You can either make simple beetroot juice or prepare these beetroot shots.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼