Vedic Ritu: Varsha
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Ashvina 07 (Purnimata)/ Bhadrapada 21(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Ardra (up to 6:11 pm) Punarvasu
Tithi : Navami (up to 7:02 pm) Dashami
RahuKaal: 07:48 AM – 09:19 AM
HEALTH TIPS : https://youtu.be/Cl8HAEZ96lU
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Over one lakh seven thousand people voluntarily donated blood under Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav. The fifteen-day-long countrywide mega voluntary blood donation drive was kickstarted by Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya 17 Sep.
- An earthquake of magnitude 4.4 occurred in Dibang Valley of Arunachal Pradesh on Sunday at around 6.27 pm.
- Swachh Sagar Surakshit Sagar campaign culminates on International Coastal Clean-up Day: Sept 17
- J&K , Lt Governor Manoj Sinha on 18 Sep inaugurated Multipurpose Cinema Halls in South Kashmir’s twin districts of Shopian and Pulwama and dedicated these to the people, especially the younger generation of Kashmir who has waited for a long time for this moment.
- Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha dedicated on Sunday a 120 feet tall National Flag to the nation at Pulwama in South Kashmir. He unfurled the tricolour and received the Guard of Honour at Mini Secretariat Pulwama.
- The JD(U) leaders and elected members in local bodies of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu joined the BJP in the presence of its president JP Nadda and the party’s national general secretary BL Santhosh in New Delhi.
- HIMACHAL :Three-day National Conference of Himachal Pradesh Tourism Ministers begins at Dharamsala
- KARNATAKA : Bengaluru: From October 2022 onwards, the commuters of Namma Metro can travel without a smartcard or physical token.The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has decided to introduce QR-based tickets which will allow commuters to buy tickets through the ‘Namma Metro’ mobile application.
- MAHARASHTRA Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis said an institution on the lines of NITI Aayog will be set up in the state for comprehensive data analysis and to make studied decisions on various sectors.
- Pratap Pawar, Chairman of Sakal Media, elected chairman of ABC (Audit Bureau of Circulations) for 2022-2023
- CHANDIGARH : Mohali Police arrested the 22-year-old woman studying at the private university amid massive protests over the alleged leak of the objectionable videos of around 60 students at a varsity hostel. A 22-year-old girl student and her 23-year-old friend, both named as accused in the Chandigarh University ‘leaked’ video case, were arrested on Sunday.
- : Assam DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta on Sunday said the 17 Bangladeshi nationals who were arrested from Assam’s Biswanath district on Saturday for violating Indian visa rules came to the state as tourists but were indulged in religious preaching.
- TELANGANA : National Investigation Agency, NIA on Sunday carried out searches at 40 places in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in connection with a case against the Popular Front of India (PFI) for allegedly running training camps to commit terror acts and promote enmity between groups on the basis of religion.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Deoband-based Islamic educational institution Darul Uloom has welcomed UP government’s decision to survey unrecognised madrasas in the state. Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind President Maulana Arshad Madani said they appreciated the government’s initiative
but urged the government to not disregard the entire madrasa system.
💷 GBP ₹91.89
BSE Sensex 58,840.79 −1,093.22 (1.82%) 🔻
NIFITY 17,530.85 −346.55 (1.94%) 🔻
- Gross Direct Tax Collection registers growth of 30% in 2022-23 to 8.36 Lakh Crore rupees.
- CBDT has issued Revised Guidelines for compounding of offences under the Income-tax Act, 1961. CBDT has taken this step in conformity with the Government’s policy of facilitating Ease of Doing Business and decriminalisation of offences.
- SBI waives off SMS charges on mobile fund transfers.
- Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, and Vedanta BALCO Medical Centre, Raipur, sign MoU for driving excellence in cancer care
- TV actress Nishi Singh, who appeared in TV shows such as ‘Ishqbaaaz’, ‘Qubool Hai’ and ‘Tenali Rama’, passed away on Sunday at the age of 50. She had suffered three strokes of paralysis in the last few years.
- Swara Bhasker’s “Jahan Chaar Yaar” sinks without a trace at Box Office, gets 1.1 rating on IMDb.
- Bollywood actor Jacqueline Fernandez has been summoned for questioning on Monday by the Delhi police’s Economic Offences Wing in connection with an extortion case linked to alleged conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar, officials said.
- The sixth edition of the Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022, JIMEX 22 hosted by the Indian Navy concluded in the Bay of Bengal with the two sides bidding farewell to each other with a customary steam past at ENC, Visakhapatnam on 18 Sep.
- The Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), India’s first indigenous dedicated attack helicopter, will be inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF) formally at the Jodhpur Air Force Station on 3 October.
- At least nine of the 15 helicopters have been manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and are being handed over to the IAF and Indian Army.
- Satellite based internet service activated by the Indian Army on the Siachen Glacier at 19,061 feet, the World’s Highest Battlefield.
- The Suryakiran Aerobatic Team of the Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted an air show at the Blue Flag Beach in Odisha’s Puri on 18 Sep Sunday.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reached Cairo on Sunday on a two-day official visit to Egypt. Central Military Zone Commander Major General Tarik Hamed Elshazly received him at the Al Maza Air Base in Cairo.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar visit to US from 18 Sep to 28 Sep to participate in the 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly. The theme of 77th UNGA is “A Watershed Moment: Transformative Solutions to Interlocking Challenges”.
- President Droupadi Murmu on Sunday visited Westminster Hall London where the body of Queen Elizabeth II is lying in state. Ms. Murmu offered tributes to the departed soul on her own behalf and on behalf of the people of India. She also signed the condolence book.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal reached Saudi Arabia on Sunday on two-day visit. The Minister held talks with Saudi Arabia’s Chairman of the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu Khalid Alsalem.
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Anupriya Patel, attended East Asia Summit Economic Ministers’ Meeting on Saturday in Siem Reap City of Cambodia.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Tsunami warnings issued after 6.8-magnitude earthquake hits Taiwan. The US Geological Survey measured the earthquake at a depth of 10 km.
- Tropical storm Fiona advanced into a hurricane as it moved toward Puerto Rico on Sunday, according to the US National Hurricane Center (NHC). The maximum sustained wind speed recorded was near 130 km/h, clearing the threshold for hurricane strength.
- Queen Elizabeth II will be laid to rest at St George’s Chapel located inside Windsor Castle in Berkshire, UK tomorrow. Her coffin will be transported to her final resting place in the chapel after a state funeral at the Westminster Abbey in London. The funeral is scheduled to begin at 3:30 PM (IST)
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur on 18 Sep promised a sports complex to the people of Dharavi. The Minister on the second day in Mumbai visited Kumbharwada in Dharavi and interacted with people from different scheduled and non-scheduled communities and tribes.
- DURAND CUP : Bengaluru FC has won its maiden and the 131st edition of the Durand Cup by defeating Indian Super League (ISL) giants Mumbai City FC 2-1. This is seventh domestic title for Bengaluru FC. Both the teams were at one each at the end of first half.
- India Women tour of England: 1st ODI
India beat England by 7 wickets at County Ground, Hove in England
ENGW 227/7 (50)
INDW 232/3 (44.2)
- World Championships quarterfinalists Dhruv Kapila and MR Arjun registered victories to clinch the men’s doubles title at the Maharashtra International Challenge badminton tournament in Nagpur on Sunday. The Indian pair defeated Thailand’s badminton pair of Chaloempon Charoenkitamorn and Nanthakarn Yordphaisong by 21-17, 20-22 and 21-18. Notably, this was the pair’s first international title..
- Olympic bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain and five-time Asian medallist Shiva Thapa made it to India’s squad for the Asian Boxing Championships to be held in Amman, beginning October 30.
- Team India’s new T20I kit called ‘One Blue Jersey’ has been launched ahead of T20 World Cup 2022. The new jersey has a lighter shade of blue. The jersey was launched by BCCI and Team India’s official kit sponsor, MPL Sports, at an event in Mumbai.
Districts : 23
Formed : 26 Jan 1950
Govrnr: La. Ganesan
CM : Mamata Banerjee (AITC)
🥇Gold ₹ 50,795.00 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 56,400 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹106.03/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 92.76/Ltr
⛽ AUTO GAS ₹60.52/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,079.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India decided to go to space when Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR) was set up by the Government of India in 1962.
Founder : Vikram Sarabhai
Founded : 15 August 1969
Headquarters : Bengaluru
Administrator/Director : K Sivan
😀Thought of the day
Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see .
JOKE OF THE DAY
An Intelligent student
Teacher : what do u call a person
who cannot hear anything?
Student : u can call him anything, bcoz he cannot hear anything:-)
Why do snakes not die from their own venom?* 🐍🐍
There are two reasons why snakes don’t die from their own venom. … Just like humans have special cells in their bodies, called immune cells, that fight diseases that get into the blood system, snakes have special immune cells that can fight their own venom and protect them from it if it gets into their own blood.
snakes cannot kill themselves with their own venom. They can however die from the physical injuries of the bite itself. Also, while they are immune to their own venom, specimens from the same species could have slightly different venom compositions and kill each other. The pharmacological effects of snake venoms are classified into three main types, hemotoxic, neurotoxic, and cytotoxic
Note Snakes are more likely to bite when harassed.
The best way to keep snakes away?
If snakes seem to always find their way into your yard, keep them away with ammonia. Snakes hate the smell and won’t come near it. Soak rags in ammonia and place them in unsealed plastic bags. Leave the plastic bags where you usually see the snakes, and they won’t come back again.
सङ्कट* : Crisis
Jataram Poorayedhardham Annahi
Fill your Stomach half with Solids, a quarter with Water and rest leave it empty.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Do Chameleons Change Colors?
Chameleon’s are famous for their quick color-changing abilities. It’s a common misperception that they do this to camouflage themselves against a background. In fact, chameleons mostly change color to regulate their temperatures or to signal their intentions to other chameleons.
Normally, the pigments are locked away inside tiny sacs within the cells. But when a chameleon experiences changes in body temperature or mood, its nervous system tells specific chromatophores to expand or contract. This changes the color of the cell.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Panchatantra : Vishnu Sharma
Mudra Raksha : Vishaka Dutta
Raghuvansham : Kalidas
Kamasutra : Mallanga Vatsyayana
Artha Shastra: Kautilya
Tallest road …. Khardungla Pass (Leh Manali, India)
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kalpana Kartik* (born Mona Singha; 19 September 1931) is a retired Hindi film actress.
She starred in six films in the 1950s. She is the widow of Hindi film actor and film maker Late Dev Anand. Mona Singha was a beauty queen while studying at St.Bede’s College, Shimla.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Scrape the barrel
Making the most of the worst situation or things because you can’t do anything about it.
Eg : We used to get hundreds of qualified candidates, but lately I feel like we’ve been scraping the barrel with the applicants we bring in.
Grisly × Pleasing attractive
Grisly : disgusting
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Gayatri Devi Goddess is also known as Savitri and Vedamata (mother of vedas). Gayatri is often associated with Savitr, a solar deity in the vedas. Saivite texts identify Mahagayatri as the consort of Shiva, in his highest form of Sadasiva with five heads and ten hands and according to other texts like Skanda Purana, Gayatri is the name of the consort of Lord Brahma.
Gayatri Devi is an incarnation of Saraswati Devi, consort of Lord Brahma, symbolising the “shakti” (strength) and “dev” (quality) of Knowledge, Purity and Virtue. Saraswati Devi is held to be the patronness of the Arts, being a poet and musician, as well as skillful composer. In the form of Gayatri Devi, with the blessings of Lord Brahma, she is believed to have given the four Vedas to mankind.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
BLACK PEPPER , also known as the king of spices that has a load of health benefits and a major benefit of consuming pepper is that it aids in weight loss. It is also said to be good for digestion and prevents cancer by detoxifying the body. When this spice is added to the food, it makes your food taste better and spicier:-
Helps in losing weight
Detoxifies your body
Cleanses your intestines and stomach
It consists of potassium that helps in regulating heart rate and high blood pressure
Helps in producing red blood cells
Rich in vitamin B and produces calcium Prevents constipation Prevents skin deformation & wrinkles.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼