19 Oct (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 10, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra:Pushya (up to 8:02 am) Ashlesha
Tithi: Navami (up to 2:14 pm) Dashami
RahuKaal: 12:11 PM – 01:37 PM
COLOUR BLINDNESS : https://youtu.be/OtMtP5_2sX0
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Centre files affidavit on Article 44 (Uniform Civil Code) in Supreme Court, says different religions following different laws affronting national unity. The government said the power to make laws is exclusively that of the legislature.
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari said the central government is planning to build an expressway between Bengaluru and Mumbai that will reduce travel time between the two cities to five hours. He also said this expressway will be connected to the Mumbai-Pune expressway.
- 90th Interpol General Assembly in New Delhi :. PM Modi has called for global cooperation to deal with terrorism, corruption, drug trafficking, poching and organized crimes.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan to initiate public consultations on National Credit Framework on Oct 19.
- The Congress will get its first non-Gandhi president in 24 years on Wednesday after more than 9,500 votes cast to choose between senior leaders Mallikarjun Kharge and Shashi Tharoor are counted to cap the election contest, the sixth in its 137-year-old history.
- PM Modi will visit Gujarat today and lay the foundation stone of projects worth around 15 thousand 670 crore rupees, PM Modi will also inaugurate the DefExpo22 in Gandhinagar and ‘Indian Urban Housing Conclave-2022’, IUHC2022.
- PM launches Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana – One Nation One Fertiliser.
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh on Tuesday launched an Integrated Pensioners’ Portal (IPP) for the central government pensioners. This portal will act as a one-stop solution for all the needs of pensioners.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Tuesday reviewed the Covid situation amid detection of cases of a new sub-variant of Omicron from parts of the country.
- Union home ministry has been granted yet another extension by the Parliamentary Committees on Subordinate Legislation in the Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha to frame the rules of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019,. While the permission has been granted from the Rajya Sabha till December 31, 2022, the Lok Sabha has granted the time till January 9, 2023.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Congress leader Rahul Gandhi-led Bharat Jodo Yatra has entered Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday. The yatra entered Kshetra Gudi in Halaharvi mandal in Kurnool district from Ballary district of Karnataka on Tuesday.
- HARYANA CM Manohar Lal Khattar on Tuesday hosted a meeting with the envoys of India to seven countries and apprised them of the progress the state has made in various fields including agriculture.
- ODISHA : Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated India’s first aluminium freight rake 61 BOBRNALHSM1 at Bhubaneshwar Railway Station. The rake’s destination is Bilaspur.
- PUNJAB : Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri dedicated a Asia’s largest Compressed Biogas Plant CBG to the people of Punjab. The plant set up in 20 acres has been commissioned with an Foreign Direct Investment of 220 crore rupees by Verbio AG one of the Germany’s leading bioenergy company.
- TAMIL NADU : A panel that probed the circumstances leading to former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s death in 2016 indicted V K Sasikala, the late leader’s close confidante, medical doctor K S Sivakumar, former Health Minister C Vijayabaskar and the then Health Secretary J Radhakrishnan and recommended a probe against them
- UTTARAKHAND , a helicopter ferrying pilgrims back from the Kedarnath temple crashed today due to bad weather and poor visibility, killing all seven people onboard. The incident took place around 11:40 am.
- The NIA on Tuesday carried out raids at 50 places, covering residences of noted gangsters, in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh in connection with the case registered to probe the “emerging nexus” between terrorists, gangsters and drug smugglers.
- J&K: Police arrested a Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist in connection with the killing of two non-local labourers from Uttar Pradesh in a hand grenade attack at Hermain village in the Shopian district.
- The Narcotics Control Bureau’s inquiry into the probe of the drugs-on-cruise case in which Aryan Khan, son of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, was arrested last year has flagged several irregularities but found no evidence of extortion, an official said on Tuesday 18 Oct.
BSE Sensex : 58,960.60 +549.62 (0.94%) 🔼
NIFTY 17,486.95 +175.15 (1.01%) 🔼
In United Kingdom
Metal Ounce Gram
Gold £1,459.08 £46.91
Silver £16.594 £0.533
- Union Cabinet on Tuesday approved an increase in the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for all Rabi Crops for the Marketing Season 2023-24.
- The highest increase has been cleared for lentils with a hike of 500 rupees per quintal. The MSP on wheat has been hiked by 110 rupees and barley by 100 rupees.
- WPI (Wholesale price-based inflation) eased to 18 month low of 10.7 % in Sept as compared to 12.4% in preceding month. Food inflation eases to 8.08 %
- The total balance in the basic bank accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) has crossed the ₹1.75 lakh crore mark.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Adani Airports appoints Ericsson veteran Arun Bansal as CEO. Adani’s airports account for 25% of airport footfalls and 40% of air cargo in India.
Mani Ratnam-directorial ‘Ponniyin Selvan 1’ has emerged as the third biggest hit of 2022 beating Kamal Haasan’s ‘Vikram’ and Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Brahmāstra Part One: Shiva’. The latest reports claim that the gross collection of ‘PS:1’ now stands at over ₹450 crore
- 12th Defense Expo begins in Gujarat; India underlines commitment to further defence engagements with African countries.
(a) The dialogue aims to explore new areas of convergence for mutual engagement. The theme for the DefExpo 2022 is ‘Path to Pride.
(b) The theme of the India-Africa Defence Dialogue is India-Africa: Adopting Strategy for Synergising and strengthening Defence and Security Corporation.
(c) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will host the Defence Ministers of African Nations.
(d) India and Africa share close historical relations.
India’s approach towards Africa is guided by the Kampala Principles enunciated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
(e) The first ever India-Africa Defence Ministers Conclave was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in 2020, in conjunction with DefExpo.
In continuance of the ‘Lucknow Declaration’ and in consultation with stakeholders, IAAD has been Institutionalised to be held once every two years on the sidelines of DefExpo.
- Russia is set to demonstrate its Sprut-SDM1 light amphibious tank during the Indian Army’s upcoming tender for light tanks.
(a) Sprut-SDM1, equipped with a 125 mm tank gun,
is the only light amphibious tank of its class to have firepower equivalent to that of the main battle tank.
(b) The amphibious tank is capable of crossing water obstacles and firing a gun while afloat.
(c) It can disembark from ships, be transferred by military cargo planes, or can be parachuted with the crew.
(d) Its maximum range is 500 km without refueling.
- On October 14 this year, INS Arihant has successfully launched a nuclear-capable Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM) in Bay of Bengal.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- 90th General Assembly of Interpol is going to be held in New Delhi from 18th October to 21st October 2022. The General Assembly is taking place in India after 25 years.
- The 90th General Assembly of Interpol will have the world’s largest police body with 195 members. The General Assembly is the International policing organization’s top governing body and meets once a year to take important decisions. The last General Assembly held in India was in the year 1997.
- Indian Embassy in Seoul, South Korea organized its much sought-after annual flagship cultural program ‘SARANG – The Festival of India in Republic of Korea’ which enthralled the South Korean art and music lovers with a fusion of Indian and Korean dance and music in a grand spectacle running over two weeks.
- PowerEx-2022: 193 invited Power Sector Utilities to participate in the Cyber Security Exercise “PowerEX” that was successfully designed and carried out by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN) and Power-CSIRTs.
- French President Emmanuel Macron will visit India early next year amid a renewed push for the construction of the 1,650 MW nuclear power reactors at Jaitapur in Maharashtra.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Indian Foreign Service, Apoorva Srivastava has been appointed to serve as India’s Ambassador to the Slovak Republic.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sweden’s parliament elected Moderates leader Ulf Kristersson as the country’s new prime minister. A total of 176 members of the Riksdag voted in favor of Kristersson, while 173 members voted against him.
- BOOKER PRIZE 2022 awarded to Sri Lankan author Shehan Karunatilaka for his novel ‘The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida’.
- China’s Communist Party (CPC) will unveil its new leadership for the next five years on October 23, when General Secretary and President Xi Jinping is set to begin an unprecedented third term.
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has supported Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s message to Russian President Vladimir Putin that the present time is “not an era of war”. “No time is the time for war. But this time, in particular, is not the time,” Guterres said. He also expressed concern over the “large number of civilian victims” in the Russia-Ukraine war.
- The British govt on Tuesday said the visa entry requirement for Guyanese citizens will be abolished from next month. Guyanese President Irfaan Ali said the government will ensure the system is not abused.
- Death toll from IED attack on UN peacekeepers in Mali rises to 4. UN peacekeeping mission MINUSMA said.
- Leaders of the Palestinian militant group Hamas will visit the Syrian capital Damascus on Wednesday.
- Workers across sectors in France went on a strike on Tuesday, demanding hikes in salaries to keep up with rising inflation.
- Sameer Gulia won the junior men’s rapid fire pistol silver medal as he was beaten 25-23 by Wang Shiwen of China in the shooting World Championship in Cairo, Egypt, on 17 Oct.
- Jyothi Yarraji has created history by becoming the first Indian woman to clock a legal sub-13 second time in 100-meter hurdles while smashing her own record at the National Open Athletics Championships in Bengaluru.
- India teenager Donnarumma Gukesh scripted history in the ongoing Aimchess Rapid online tournament as he defeated Magnus Carlsen, thereby becoming the youngest player ever to beat him as world champion.
- A day earlier 19-year-old compatriot Arjun Erigaisi posted a maiden win over the world champion. Another Indian teen, R Praggnanandhaa aged 16 years, has already beaten Carlsen twice this year. Gukesh at 16 years 4 months 20 days – also became the youngest Indian player to defeat Carlsen. Praggnanandhaa was 16 years 6 months and 10 days old when he defeated the world No.1
- ICC T20 World Cup 2022 beings on 16th October 2022 and till 13th November 2022 in Australia. The T20 World Cup 2020 was postponed due to Covid-19, in July 2020.
The tournament will feature 16 teams this year and the host will be Australia for the ICC T20 World Cup champion 2022.
Frmn : 15 Oct 1949
Govrnr: La. Ganesan
CM: N. Biren Singh (BJP)
Districts : 16
🥇Gold ₹ 50,300 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 61,800 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹101.30/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.50/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,205/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Ajmer Dargah . Rajasthan: One of the most visited places of Ajmer; the Ajmer Dargah is a Sufi shrine which is believed to be one of the holiest places in Rajasthan. Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, who was a Persian Sufi saint, is enshrined in this place owing to his secular preaching’s. It was built by Mughal King Humayun. He reached Ajmer, via Lahore, and made it his home from 1192 till his death in 1236 AD. The shrine was built by Mughal King Humayun in honour of this saint.
😀Thought of the day
If your INTENTION is powerful, your action will be powerful. If your action is powerful, your results will be powerful.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu ko raat me cigarette peene ka man kiya.
sab taraf machis dhoonda, par kahi nhi mila
aakhir me nirash hoke candle bujha k so gaya..!!
Why men gets bald hair?
Men normally lose their hair when three main factors interact: genetics, age, and hormones. Also known as androgenetic alopecia, male-pattern baldness happens as hormone levels change over the course of a man’s life. Genetic factors also affect the likelihood of male-pattern baldness.
कपोतः Dove (Kapotaḥ)
कलहंसी: Duck (Kalahansī)
राजहंसी: Goose (Rājahansī)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does saliva form in the mouth?*
Saliva is made by six groups of cells called salivary glands. The glands deliver the saliva into the mouth through ducts. Saliva is made up mostly of water. It also contains a lot of enzymes, which are special chemicals that help protect the mouth from infection and break down food for digestion. These glands are always making a little saliva, which keeps the mouth from drying out. They produce more saliva when food is in the mouth. In addition to helping to break down food, saliva lubricates the throat, and that makes swallowing easier.. The salivary glands sit inside each cheek, at the bottom of your mouth, and near your front teeth by the jaw bone.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
How many bones are there in human body?
There are typically around 270 bones in human infants, which fuse to become 206 to 213 bones in the human adult. The reason for the variability in the number of bones is because some humans may have a varying number of ribs, vertebrae, and digits.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar FRS was an Indian-American astrophysicist who spent his professional life in the United States. He shared the 1983 Nobel Prize for Physics with William A. Fowler for “…theoretical studies of the physical processes of importance to the structure and evolution of the stars”.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Down for the count*
Meaning: Tired; giving up.
Example : My pet dog is down for the count after playing the whole day with the frisbee.
Juvenile × Dotage
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Kojagiri Puja* is an auspicious day dedicated to worshipping Goddess. it is also celebrated as Kuanr Purnima or Kojagari Purnima – the harvest festival signifying the end of the monsoon season. Lakshmi during Purnima (full moon) in the Hindu month of ‘Ashwin’. It is celebrated with great fanfare in the Indian states of Orissa, West Bengal and Assam.
The word ‘Kojagiri’ means ‘who is awake’. There is popular story behind observing night vigil. The story goes like this- once a king was in a great financial crisis. The queen, to help her husband, observed fast, worshipped goddess Lakshmi and stayed awake the whole night. Later that queen husband problem was solved easily.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Various methods to Pregnancy test can be used when there were no scientific pregnancy kits available:-*
(i) Bleach pregnancy test:
Take a clean container and collect urine in it. Now add some bleaching powder to it and mix it properly to avoid lumps. If the mixture forms a foam or fizz, it means you are pregnant and if there is no foam, you are not pregnant.
(ii) Sugar pregnancy test : Take one tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and add one tablespoon of urine to it. Now notice how sugar reacts after you pour urine on it. If the sugar starts forming clumps, it means you are pregnant and if the sugar dissolves quickly, it means you are not pregnant. The hCG hormone released from the urine does not allow the sugar to dissolve properly.
(iii) Vinegar pregnancy test : Take two tablespoons of white vinegar in a plastic container. Add your urine to it and mix it properly. If the vinegar changes its colour and forms bubbles, you are pregnant and if there is no change you are not pregpreg
(iv) Soap pregnancy test
You can use any type of bathing soap for performing this test. Take a small piece of soap and pour your urine on it. If it forms bubbles, it means you are pregnant and if not, you are not pregnant
NOTE : Always use first urine of the day for better result. Use clean plastic container, wait for 10 minutes. You can use 2-3 Methodist confirm it.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE WITH FRIENDS🌼