𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
19 Jan (Wednesday)
Hemant Ritu Krishna पक्ष::
Month: Magha 2, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 17 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Rahu Kaal : 12:37 PM – 01:58 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- The fifth edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha will be held in February. The Pariksha Pe Charcha contest has been launched from 28th December last year till 20th January at MyGov portal. Winners of this contest are likely to be called in person to participate in Pariksha Pe Charcha. They may also get an opportunity to interact with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Teachers can also participate.
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 158.74 crore on Tuesday. Health Ministry said.
- Tourism Minister G. Kishan Reddy has appealed to everybody especially the youth to visit National War Memorial. Mr. Reddy said that students of all States and Universities must visit the National War Memorial which imbues every one with a patriotic zeal.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has conveyed to the Chief Ministers of West Bengal and Tamil Nadu that there exists a well-established system for selection of tableaux for participation in the Republic Day Parade (RDP).
- In the letter to the Tamil Nadu CM, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said, “For RDP-2022, a total of 29 proposals were received from States/ UTs including the proposal from State of Tamil Nadu. But the tableaux from Tamil Nadu have been selected for participation in RDP during 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively. So the selection of tableaux is as per the prescribed guidelines.
- In his letter to the West Bengal Chief Minister, he said that, the govt celebrated the 75th anniversary of the government-in-exile of India led by Netaji in a grand manner in 2018 and honoured the surviving Soldiers of the Azad Hind Fauj in the Republic Day parade & CPWD tableau has also paid tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on his 125th birth anniversary.
- Computer Awareness
- Computer Awareness
- ANDHRA PRADESH recorded 6,996 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, the highest daily caseload in the state after seven months
- J&K : Director General of Police, Dilbagh Singh calls upon field officers for continuing anti-terror operations with more commitment during this year. He directs the officers for formulating a comprehensive security grid and deployment mechanism for consolidating peace
- UTTAR PRADESH : PM Modi discusses several development projects during interaction with BJP workers of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh; Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra also interacts with party workers.
- Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Kiranmay Nanda has said that Trinamool Congress (TMC) supremo Mamata Banerjee will campaign for SP in poll-bound UP. “On February 8, Mamata Banerjee will visit Lucknow [and hold a virtual rally]…with Akhilesh Yadav…She will also hold a virtual rally from Varanasi,” Nanda said. UP will vote in seven phases between February 10 and March 7.
- Himachal Pradesh becomes the first ‘smoke-free state’ in India. The major milestone has been achieved while riding on the back of welfare schemes like ‘Ujjwala Yojana’ of Centre and ‘Himachal Grihini Suvidha scheme of the state government’. Further, the Himalayan state has also become the 100 percent LPG-enabled state in the country.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Shashank Goel appointed as Additional Secretary in Labour and Employment Ministry.
- The government suspended Gas Authority of India Limited’s (GAIL) Director (Marketing) ES Ranganathan after he was arrested by the CBI in relation to a bribery case. CBI arrested him in connection with discounts Ranganathan had allegedly promised to private companies buying petrochemicals from GAIL in exchange of a ₹50 lakh bribe. Ranganathan was appointed Director in July 2020.
💷 GBP 101.26
BSE Sensex 60,754.86
NIFTY : 18,113.05
- As Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is all set to present the Union Budget 2022 on February 1, banks have proposed lowering fixed deposit (FD) tenure to three years for availing tax benefits.
- 5-year tax-saving FD scheme is among the instruments that qualify for a deduction of up to ₹1.5 lakh under Section 80C. Interest earned on tax-saving FD is taxable in the hands of the investor. Interest on bank FDs can’t be claimed as a deduction under Section 80C.
Dhanush and Aishwaryaa Rajinikanth announced their separation on January 17. They parted ways after 18 years of marriage. In 2021, couples like Naga Chaitanya-Samantha, Aamir Khan- Kiran Rao, Kirti Kulhari-Saahil Sehgal, amid others, announced their split
- 1st S-400 unit to be ready by April, 4 others by 2023 : India has begun work on deploying the S-400 Triumf advanced surface-to-air missile defence system, with the first unit to be made operational in April.
- Army’s new combat uniform triggers manufacturing contract battle:. Soon after a new combat uniform was unveiled by the 13-lakh strong Army, a major battle has erupted over who will manufacture them. Employees of the state-owned ordnance clothing factories (OCFs) contend they should get the mega contract, while the Army wants an open tender with private companies also.
- An explosion in an internal compartment onboard INS Ranvir claimed the lives of three naval personnel on Tuesday. The incident took place when the Rajput-class destroyer was docked at Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
- Former Army Chief General Joginder Jaswant Singh (Retd.) today joined the BJP in Chandigarh in the presence of the party leadership, including Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat. The retired General, who has also served as the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, was the first Sikh to be appointed as the Army Chief in 2005.
- Helicopter, transport pilots missing in IAF top ranks. : Recently, the Indian Air Force appointed Air Vice Marshal Pawan Mohey VSM as Assistant Chief of Air Staff (ACAS)–Training. This is a landmark moment in the history of the Indian Air Force as AVM Mohey is the first helicopter pilot in the last three decades to hold the position of ACAS Training. The last helicopter pilot to head it was AVM Ranjit Malhotra AVSM VM, in 1994. The training directorate deals with policy formulation related to training of personnel.( Note : This data is based on observation from Bharat-Rakshak.com and information available on the websites of different embassies abroad.)
- Lieutenant General Manoj Pande is under consideration as a replacement for Lieutenant General Mohanty as the next Vice Chief of Army Staff. The latter is due to superannuate on January 31. General Pande is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and was commissioned into the Corps of Engineers (The Bombay Sappers) in December 1982.
- How the Budget can add more firepower to India’s defence manufacturing
A country that depends on imports for its defence equipment can never be strong. Therefore, being self-sufficient in the defence sector is very important and it is linked to the ‘self-respect’ and ‘sovereignty’ of our country. This has long been the sentiment of our Defence Minister and the corridors of Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD)
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China is seeking the withdrawal of Indian troops from a key position in the Hot Springs area in eastern Ladakh, fearing they could choke its access to the Galwan valley.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar on Tuesday had a telephonic conversation with the Foreign Minister of UAE Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
They discussed the terror attack on UAE on Monday that killed two Indian nationals. The UAE Foreign Minister shared the details of the attack. He conveyed the deepest condolences of the UAE Government on the death of two Indians. He assured that the UAE Government would extend the fullest support to the families of the deceased.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- New Zealand researchers warned that volcanic eruption in Tonga could harm the environment for years. Volcanologist Shane Cronin said Tonga will likely experience acid rain.
- European Union (EU) condemned the violence against anti-coup protesters in Sudan. EU Commission Vice-President Josep Borrell said repeated calls to Sudanese military to refrain from violence “have fallen on deaf ears”. This comes after a severe crackdown by security forces killed seven protesters on Monday. Sudan has plunged into crisis after a military coup in October 2021.
- Protests on Monday against COVID-19 measures in Germany were attended by over 70,000 people. Protesters took to the streets of several German cities including Berlin, Cologne and Rostock. The protests, aimed against a potential COVID-19 vaccine mandate in Germany, were accompanied by large police contingents. Most of the protests were peaceful, with many attending brandishing signs and banners.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in was welcomed by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman as he arrived in Riyadh on Tuesday. This comes after President Moon signed a $3.5 billion missile deal with UAE and pledged hydrogen cooperation to tackle climate crisis on Monday. As per Saudi media, President Moon will also meet Saudi Aramco Chairman Yasir al-Rumayyan.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit Ukraine this week amid tensions over possible Russian invasion of Ukraine. Blinken’s visit comes after inconclusive diplomatic talks between the West and Russia last week. He will also travel to Berlin and meet officials from Germany, France and UK to discuss a possible response to Russian military action on the Ukrainian border.
- India to take on South Africa in 1st ODI today of 3-match series at Boland Park in Paarl @ 1400 IST.
- PRO KABADDI
January 18, 2022
- Match 63
Gujarat Giants 24
U Mumba 24
- Match 62
Dabang Delhi K.C. 32
Vs Patna Pirates. 29
- Match 63
CM : Ashok Gehlot
Gvnr : Kalraj Mishra
🥇Gold ₹49,585.@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 106.64
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90.32
LPG : ₹904/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Lepakshi is a village in the Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is located 15 km (9.3 mi) east of Hindupur and approximately 120 km (75 mi) north of Bangalore.” ‘ Lepakshi is culturally and archaeologically significant as it is the location of shrines dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu and Veerabhadra which were built during the Vijayanagara Kings’ period (1336–1646). The temples are the location of mural paintings of the Vijayanagara kings and Telugu inscriptions
😀Thought of the day
It always seems impossible until it
JOKE OF THE DAY
What Is Noun?
To Arz Kia Hai
Kutta Bhi Apni Gali Me Hota Hai King
Kutta Bhi Apni Gali Me Hota Hai King…Wawah
Noun Is The Name of Person, Place or Thing🤣🤪
How Do Clouds Float?
Clouds form when the sun creates warm, moist air by heating and evaporating water on the earth’s surface. The warm, moist air is less dense than the cold air above it, so that warm air rises. The warm air cools as it comes into contact with the cooler air above. Cold air cannot hold as much moisture as warm air: the vapor has to condense into a liquid. This is the beginning of a cloud. the warm air pushes up on the cloud and keeps it afloat.
त्रिविधं नरकस्येदं द्वारं नाशनमात्मन: |
काम: क्रोधस्तथा लोभस्तस्मादेतत्त्रयं त्यजेत् || 21||
tri-vidham—three types of; narakasya—to the hell; idam—this; dvāram—gates; nāśhanam—destruction; ātmanaḥ—self; kāmaḥ—lust; krodhaḥ—anger; tathā—and; lobhaḥ—greed; tasmāt—therefore; etat—these; trayam—three; tyajet—should abandon
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do Solar Panels Work?
When photons hit a solar cell, they knock electrons loose from their atoms. If conductors are attached to the positive and negative sides of a cell, it forms an electrical circuit. When electrons flow through such a circuit, they generate electricity
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
ISI : Indian Standards Institution
The ISI mark is mandatory for certain products to be sold in India, such as many of the electrical appliances
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Shrimant Jayajirao Scindia (19 January 1834– 20 June 1886) of the Scindia dynasty of the Marathas was the ruling Maharajah of Gwalior from 1843 to 1886 under the British rule.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
You can’t judge a book by its cover
This person or thing may look bad, but it’s good inside
Regret – Remorse
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Meenakshi is a Hindu goddess and tutelary deity of Madurai who is considered an avatar of the Goddess Parvati. She is the divine consort of Sundareswarar, a form of Shiva.
Meenakshi, Kamakshi and Visalakshi are considered the 3 Shakti forms of Goddess Parvati . derived from the words mīna ‘fish’ and akṣī ‘eye’. She was earlier known by the Tamil name Taḍādakai ‘fish-eyed one’, mentioned in early historical account as a fierce, unmarried goddess which was later sanskritised as Meenaksh.
Various meanings of this appellation have been suggested, including that she was originally a goddess of the fisher-folk, that her eyes are “large and brilliant” like that of a fish, or that she has “long and slender” eyes shaped like the body of a fish. Another interpretation is that the name is based on the belief that the fish never close their eyes: the goddess similarly never stops watching over her devotees.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
CPR : Doing CPR right away can double or even triple a person’s chance of surviving cardiac arrest.
If a person is not breathing, his heartbeat will stop. Do CPR (chest compressions and rescue breaths) to help circulation and get oxygen into the body. (Early use of an AED—an automated external defibrillator—if one is available, can restart a heart with an abnormal rhythm.
Keep your hand on the centre of the victims chest. Interlock fingers. Give chest compressions. Move to the patient’s head. Tilt his head and lift his chin to open the airway again. Let his mouth fall open slightly. Take a normal breath, put your mouth over the patient’s, and blow until you can see his chest rise.Remove your mouth from the patient’s and look along the chest, watching the chest fall. Repeat steps and rescue breaths.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼