𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘
(𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013): 19 Aug (Thursday)
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Over 56 crore six lakh doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in country so far; National recovery rate reaches 97.52%.
- PM Modi instructed all officials concerned to undertake all necessary measures to ensure safe evacuation of Indian nationals from Afghanistan in the coming days.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved a revival package of Rs 77.45 crore for revival of North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERAMAC). It is a central Public Section Enterprises under the administrative control of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Regional.
- The Reserve Bank of India has issued revised guidelines for locker and safe custody facility. The new guidelines will be effective from 1st January 2022 and be applicable to new as well as existing lockers.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has virtually inaugurated the Centre for Research and Innovation in Artificial Intelligence set up at the Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad (IIT-H) on 17 Aug.
- Vriksharopan Abhiyan – 2021 of Coal Ministry is all set to be Launched on August 19, 2021. It will be launched as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- On the occasion of World Photography Day on 19 August, 2021 , a biopic of acclaimed photographer-photo journalist, Raghu Rai will be streamed by Films Division on its website and YouTube channels. Raghunath Rai Chowdhry, known as Raghu Rai, is an Indian photographer and photojournalist.
- The Himachal Government has declared August 20 as a gazetted public holiday on account of Muharram in place of August 19, in the state.
- The Markazi Ruyat e Hilal Committee under Imarat e Shariah New Delhi confirmed the start of the Islamic New Year 1443 AH on Wednesday August 11, 2021 hence, Ashura will be marked in the country on August 20, 2021. This means that the fast for 9th Muharram will be observed on August 19, 2021.
- Muharram is the first month of Islamic calendar which is ten or twelve days shorter than the Gregorian calendar followed by the West. The word Muharram means ‘not permitted’ or ‘forbidden’ hence, Muslims are prohibited from taking part in activities like warfare.
- Telangana High Court disposed off a PIL filed by an NGO ‘Watch Voice’, challenging the implementation of the ‘Dalit Bandhu’ scheme to selective people and selective areas.
- The Delhi court on 18 Aug (Wednesday) cleared Congress leader Shashi Tharoor of charges in connection with the case involving the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
- Domestic cooking gas LPG price on Wednesday was increased by Rs 25 per cylinder – the second straight month of increase in rates. Subsidised LPG now costs Rs 859 per 14.2-kg cylinder in Delhi.
- The Karnataka govt on Wednesday appointed a senior IPS Officer as nodal officer to coordinate with the Central government to bring back Kannadigas from Afghanistan.
- Uttar Pradesh unlock: Noida, Ghaziabad schools for Classes 6-8 to reopen from August 23, for standard 1-5 from 1 Sep.
- Now entry into Himachal Pradesh is only through registration on e-covid software. All movement into the state will be monitored through registration on the Covid e-registration software
- Punjab Vigilance Bureau on 18 Aug (Wednesday) arrested former DGP Sumedh Singh Saini in a corruption case.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to set up a training centre for Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) commandos in Saharanpur’s Deoband, known for its Islamic seminary Darul Uloo.
- 80 Foreign Gentleman cadets of Afghanistan at Indian Military Academy Dehardun are kept under strict vigil for their safety. They are under going training and in 3rd term at the IMA.
- The Indian Army (IA) has initiated the indigenous upgrade of 811 of its licence built Soviet-era BMP-2/2K ‘Sarath’ infantry combat vehicles (ICVs) by equipping them with more powerful engines.
- The Supreme Court on 18 Aug (Wednesday) passed an interim order allowing women to take the admission exam to National Defence Academy (NDA), which was previously only open to men. The top court directed that women can sit for exams for entry in NDA, The admission to the academy will be subject to the final orders of the Court.
- NDA II 2021 written exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 14 across 75 exam centres spread throughout the country. Earlier, the exam was scheduled to be conducted on September 5. However, it was postponed by UPSC after reviewing the prevailing situation due to COVID-19 pandemic. NDA (II) 2021 admit card for the written exam will be released in October.
- UPSC has announced NDA (I) & (II) 2022 exam dates. According to UPSC Calendar 2022, NDA (I) 2022 exam will be conducted on April 10, 2022. While NDA (II) 2022 exam will be conducted on September 4, 2022.
- Indian Army has invited applications for the recruitment of male engineering graduates for its 134th Technical Graduate Course (TGC) which will commence from January 2022. It is a golden opportunity for Engineering graduates seeking to make a career in the Indian Army. The online application started on August 17 and the last date to register is September 15, 2021.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Cabinet approves Disaster Management MoU between India and Bangladesh. Actually Resilience and Mitigation signed between India and Bangladesh in March this year during the visit of Prime Minister Modi to Bangladesh. Both the countries will also exchange relevant information, remote sensing and other scientific data.
- India HAL signs ₹5,375 crore contract on 17 Aug with US for Tejas engines with GE Aviation for supply of 99 F404-GE-IN20 engines to power the aircraft.
- India, Vietnam undertake bilateral maritime exercise in South China Sea. Deployment of Indian Navy ships in the South China Sea, INS Ranvijay and INS Kora. The Indian Naval ships arrived at Cam Ranh, Vietnam on 15th Aug.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani is in the UAE. Confirmed by UAE & said that the country is hosting Ghani on “humanitarian grounds”. Ghani fled Afghanistan amid a Taliban takeover.
- Sri Lanka on 17 Aug (Tuesday) signed a loan agreement with China worth 2 billion Renminbi (USD 308 million) to support its COVID-19 response, economic revival and financial stability, the Chinese embassy said.
- French Military aircraft lands in Kabul with special forces to pick up French national in Afghanistan.
- The govt of Bangladesh has turned down a request from the US to provide temporary shelter to some people from Afghanistan in the wake of the political developments there.
- New Zealand has announced a snap lockdown after a man tested positive for Covid, the first case in six months. The case was detected in Auckland, which will be in lockdown for a week, while the rest of the country will be in lockdown for three days.
- More than 30 civilians killed following two days of inter-communal violence in central South Sudan.
- US sends nearly half a million doses of Pfizer vaccine to Rwanda. Rwanda, which has vaccinated 10% of its adult population, is yet to confirm receipt of the US donation.
- AFGHANISTAN POLITICAL CRISIS :Taliban leaders meet Ex-President Hamid Karzai, Abdullah amid impasse over govt formation
- World Athletics U-20 Championships : India win bronze medal in 4×400 metre mixed relay team event held in Nairobi
with taking time of 3:20.60, a season best. The 2021 edition of the World Athletics U20 Championships will continue till 22 August at the Nyayo Sports Complex .
- PM Modi congratulated the Indian contingent at the World Archery Youth Championships in Wroclaw, Poland after the team won 15 medals including eight gold medals.
- PM Modi interacted with Indian athletes after their success at the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Urges Tokyo Olympians to visit 75 schools in 2yrs to create malnutrition awareness.
- 4. Current National Cricket Academy (NCA) Head Rahul Dravid has re-applied for the position after the BCCI invited fresh applications for the position. The former India skipper had been appointed on July 8, 2019.
$USD 74.28 💷GBP 102.24
CM : Nitish Kumar
Gvnr : PHAGU CHAUHAN
🥇Gold ₹48,810@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹63,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.57
⛽ Diesel ₹ 95.61
LPG : ₹ 933/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 55,629.49
NIFTY : 16,568.85
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Kerala is a state on the southwestern Malabar Coast of India. It was formed on 1 November 1956. The Chera Dynasty was the first prominent kingdom based in Kerala. there were two major princely states in Kerala- Travancore State and the Kingdom of Cochin. They united to form the state of Thiru-Kochi in 1949.
Kerala is also called Parasurama Kshetram
The name Kerala has an uncertain etymology. One popular theory derives “Kerala” from “Kera” (coconut tree in Malayalam) and “alam” is land, thus ” land of coconuts”, locals.The word Kerala is first recorded as Keralaputra in a 3rd-century BCE rock inscription left by the maurya emperor ashoka (274–237 BCE).
The production of pepper and natural rubber contributes significantly to the total national output. In the agricultural sector, coconut, tea, coffee, cashew and spices are important.
🙏🏻THOUGHT OF THE DAY😇
Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Pappu के हाथ में नया फोन देखकर
Frnd बोला : नया फोन कब खरीदा?📱
Pappu : नया नहीं, गर्लफ्रेंड का है!🤓
Frnd : गर्लफ्रेंड का फोन क्यूँ ले आया?😳
Pappu :रोज कहती थी, मेरा फोन नहीं उठाते..! आज मौका मिला, तो उठा लाया!!😜🤪🤣😂
The science behind Navratri Fasting: Why you are not allowed to eat onion and garlic
According to Ayurveda, foods can be divided into three categories:-
A. Raajasic foods
B. Taamasic foods
Rajas and Tamas are referred to things that are unripe, weak, resentful and destructive. During Navratri, people are supposed to denounce the worldly pleasure
C. Saatvik foods : Saatvik foods include fresh fruits, curd, rock salt, seasonal vegetables and subtle spices like coriander and black pepper.
Onion and garlic are considered to be taamsic in nature and are said to invoke carnal energy in the body. Onions also produce heat in the body and thus are not allowed during the Navratri fast. Garlic along with onion is known as Rajogini, which means a substance that can make one lose grip over their instincts. This makes it difficult to differentiate between your desires and priorities.
साध्वोः शीघ्रं मैत्री भवति।
saadhvoh sheeghran maitree bhavati
(Good people become friends quickly).
⁉️⁉️⁉️ WHY ⁉️⁉️⁉️
Chopping an onion make you cry? 🧄🧅
Onions produce the chemical irritant known as syn-propanethial- S-oxide. It stimulates the eyes’ lachrymal glands so they release tears.
The process goes as follows:
Lachrymatory-factor synthase is released into the air when we cut an onion. The synthase enzyme converts the amino acids sulfoxides of the onion into sulfenic acid. The unstable sulfenic acid rearranges itself into
Syn-propanethial-S-oxide gets into the air and comes in contact with our eyes. The lachrymal glands become irritated and produces the tears!
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The currency of Russia is the Ruble.
1 Russian Ruble equals
1.01 Indian Rupee
The ruble sign (₽) is the currency sign
BORN TODAY 💐🐣
Shankar Dayal Sharma (19 August 1918 – 26 December 1999) was the ninth President of India, serving from 1992 to 1997.
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Source of information took from internet…If the actual facts differentiate … Please info) ==========================
Onion and garlic came from the dead body of a murdered cow and therefore they are considered like eating meat. They break the non-vegetarian principle from the shastric point of view. Strict vegetarians don’t eat onion nor garlic. Since meat is tamasic, onions and garlic are also tamasic and rajasic food. They may have some medicinal value like even wine is used in medicines sometimes. Thus they are taboo for followers of Vedic culture.
“Once, in Satya Yuga the rishis were performing gomedha and asvamedha sacrifices for the welfare of the whole universe. A cow or a horse would be cut into pieces and placed in the fire. Afterwards the rishis would utter mantras and the same animal would come alive in a beautiful young body.
One time the rishi who was about to perform a gomedha sacrifice, his wife was pregnant. She had a very strong desire to eat and she had heard that if, during pregnancy one has a desire to eat and does not fullfill this, then the baby that will be born will always have saliva coming from its mouth. Very strange, she desired strongly to eat meat, thus she decided to keep one piece of meat of the cow’s body that was offered in sacrifice. She hid it and was making a plan to eat it very soon. At that time the rishi was finishing the sacrifice and uttered all the mantras for the new young cow to come to life. However when he saw the new cow, he noticed that there was a little part missing from her left side. He went into meditation and realized that his wife had taken away a piece of meat during the sacrifice. Now his wife also understood what happened and quickly threw the meat far away.
Due to the effect of the mantras uttered by the rishi there was now life in this piece of meat. Then the blood of this meat became red lentils, the bones became garlic and the meat became onions. Thus these foods are never taken by any Vaishnava situated in the mode of goodness as Vaishnavas should be because it is not considered by us as offerable due to its association as a non-vegetarian food. Plus it is in the mode of ignorance.”
“It is not vegetarian to eat onions and garlic. They have discovered 21 different types (?) of slow poison in both. So they are not so innocent.”
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
🍉 Watermelon and basil drinks are quite effective when it comes to hydration. Mineral-rich watermelon helps to balance your electrolyte. Packed with agnesium, potassium, and salt, watermelon is made up of 90% water, which helps your body maintain a fluid balance. While basil leaves are good for digestion, they help detoxify the body and promote a healthy gut.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼