Today’s top News
- Cyclone Tauktae : Indian Army puts 180 teams and 9 engineer task forces on standby
to face any contingency as Cyclone Tauktae is likely to hit the Gujarat coast.
- The Department of Telecom (DoT) has allowed intra-circle roaming arrangement in cyclone Tauktae-hit districts of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa and union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu for 24 hours
- The electricity supply in Goa snapped due to the cyclonic storm Tauktae will be restored by Wednesday, the state electricity department said.
- PM Modi on Tuesday held a meeting with field officials from states and districts about their experience in handling the COVID-19 pandemic. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa also attended the virtual meeting where Union Home Minister Amit Shah was present.
- Indian Medical Association on Tuesday lent its support to plasma therapy in moderate cases of COVID-19 infection and said such patients may need less oxygen with the use of plasma: The approval for plasma therapy from the IMA comes a day after Indian Council of Medical Research’s National Task Force had dropped use of convalescent plasma therapy from COVID-19 treatment protocol.
- Maharashtra cannot afford to rely on others for medical oxygen in the present COVID-19 situation and priority must be given to produce 3,000 metric tons of the vital gas per day in the state itself, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announces compensation for Covid-19 destitute.”Every family that has had a death due to COVID-19 among them, will be given Rs 50,000 each as ex-gratia.
- The Punjab and Haryana high court has said live-in-relationships are morally and socially unacceptable, an observation which runs contrary to the Supreme Court stand recognising them.
- Haryana hero who cremated 300, dies of Covid : Praveen Kumar, 43, died at a private hospital on Monday night, He had cremated over 300 COVID bodies so far since last year. He tested positive two days ago. He was admitted to a private hospital, where his oxygen level kept dipping due to which he died. He was also the president of Municipal Corporation Safai Karamchari Union.
- Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan’s decision to drop out all ministers of previous cabinet, including health minister KK Shailaja who has been widely applauded for effective covid control, has raised many eyebrows. Shailaja won with the highest-ever vote margin in Kerala in the recent polls. Her exclusion from Vijayan’s new team has taken everyone by surprise. However, approving of the decision, Kerala’s former health minister has said fresh faces need to be given the chance to work.
- Tamil Nadu: Chief minister MK Stalin will inaugurate vaccination programme for people in 18-44 age group on Thursday.
- Tamil Director Shankar’s mother S Muthulakshmi passed away. The 88-year-old breathed her last on Tuesday (May 18, 2021), due to an age-related illness.
- The Odisha government has extended the lockdown in the state till first of June .
- Veteran actor Randhir Kapoor, who was admitted to a hospital here after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, has been discharged, a hospital source said Tuesday . The 74-year-old actor returned home on Sunday from the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, where he was under treatment since April 28.
- AirAsia India announced free cancellation and rescheduling for flights to and from West Bengal in the wake of a 15-day lockdown in the state . A 15-day lockdown came into force in Bengal on Sunday, with the government putting in place a host of stringent measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- The Indian Navy handed over to the Kerala government a decommissioned fast attack craft at a function held at the Naval Base . The ship would be taken to Alappuzha and placed as part of the Port Museum under the Alappuzha Heritage Project.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Reviews Covid-19 Relief Efforts of Armed Forces via Video Conferencing
He said defence public sector undertakings (DPSUs) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in India’s fight against a severe wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Indian Navy has approached the Narendra Modi government for approval to make changes in the Cabinet Committee of Security (CCS) approved 30-year submarine building plan by replacing six conventional attack vessels with nuclear powered platforms in the context of changing strategic scenario in Indo-Pacific.
- 2 Al-Badr terrorists killed in Khanmoh area of Srinagar
: A joint team of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the police killed at least two terrorists in an encounter that took place this morning in the Khanmoh area of Srinagar.
- Himachal Government has launched the ‘Ayush Ghar-Dwar’ program to keep the home isolated Covid-19 positive patients healthy by practising Yoga. This program has been started by the Department of AYUSH in collaboration with the Art of Living organisation.
- More than a year after the Chinese army displayed aggression on the northern front, the People’s Liberation Army is carrying out an exercise in their depth areas near the Eastern Ladakh sector. The Indian armed forces are also fully alert this year despite the COVId-19 pandemic and keeping a close watch on all these movements of the Chinese forces there.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday appealed to the Central government to immediately cancel all air services with Singapore , saying a new strain of coronavirus there is said to be “very dangerous” for children. This new strain of virus could invade India in the form of a third wave
- Article 370 controversy in Pakistan: Minister’s ‘acceptance’ sets the cat amongst pigeons, Since Pakistan claims to be championing the Kashmir cause, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi’s comments during a TV talk show that revocation of Article 370 is India’s “internal matter.” His statement set the cat amongst pigeons as it was construed as surrendering Pakistan’s historical stance that Kashmir is disputed territory.
- Year after first big India-China clash in Ladakh, tensions linger. This is how it all began
It’s been exactly a year since the first major clash between Indian and Chinese troops, at Finger 4 of the Pangong Tso (lake) in Eastern Ladakh, which then led to the worst-ever tensions between both sides since the 1962 war.
- Saudi Arabia lifts travel ban on citizens, but India still on ‘no go’ list, allowing its citizens to travel outside the kingdom as it lifted the 14-month-long travel ban imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bangladesh sent the second tranche of medical assistance to India as part of its cooperation in combating the COVID-19 pandemic resurgence in India. Deputy High Commissioner of Bangladesh in Kolkata handed over 2672 boxes of medicines and protective items to the representative of Indian Red Cross Society at Petrapole on Tuesday
- Joe Biden administration of US approved $735 million arms sale to Israel amid Gaza conflict .
- Singapore to vaccinate children aged 12 to 15 against COVID-19
- UN agency says more than 52,000 Palestinians displaced in Gaza, Amnesty wants war crimes investigation
More than 52,000 Palestinians have been displaced by Israeli air strikes that have destroyed or badly damaged nearly 450 buildings in the Gaza Strip.
- Vaccinated Saudis allowed to leave kingdom for 1st time in more than a year as country eases ban on international travel.
- PicChina has offered to host talks between the parties in Afghanistan in an effort to play a greater role in the conflict-hit country and the larger neighboring region. China stepped up its diplomacy outreach with Pakistan and Afghanistan in the wake of the US troops withdrawal from the war-torn country, as Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in the last two-days held telephone talks with his Pakistani and Afghan counterparts. He said that China will back the Afghan government headed by Ashraf Ghani in playing a leading role.
- The India women’s Test and ODI skipper Mithali Raj and vice-captain Harmanpreet Kaur on Tuesday thanked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for not only arranging charters to take the cricketers to Mumbai for the two-week quarantine ahead of the UK tour, but also for conducting regular RT-PCR tests at home with an eye on COVID-19 .
- A Delhi Court on Tuesday refused to grant anticipatory bail to absconding Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar in the murder case of a wrestler, saying that he is ‘prima facie’ the main conspirator and allegations against him are serious in nature.
- DDNewsliveThe Sports Ministry has approved an assistance of Rs 2,50,00 to former Asian Games gold medallist Joseph James under the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay’s National Welfare for the Sportspersons. The winner of the Asian Games gold medal in 2006 and a gold at the Asian Powerlifting Championship in 2008, Joseph James developed serious breathing issues on 24th of April after contracting COVID-19.
$USD 73.04 💷GBP 103.71
In Delhi (UT)
🥇Gold ₹ 50,710©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹72,000©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 92.85
⛽ Diesel ₹ 83.51
LPG : ₹ 809/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 50,193.33
NIFTY : 15,108.10
Facts about India
Fundamental Rights of Indian Citizen:- (According to part III, articles 14-30)
- Right to equality
- Right to freedom
- Right to freedom of religion
- Right against exploitation (Such as, child labour, slavery, begging & etc)
- Cultural & educational rights
- Right to constitutional remidies
Right to property was deleted in 44th amendment
😀Thought of the day
You are the creator of your own destiny
Joke of the day
Teacher : jisko kaan👂🏻 sunaayi nahi deta hai, aap use kya bulaate hai?
Pappu : kuch bhi bulaa sakte hai. kyunki use sunaayi nahi detaa hai na.🤪😆
Why do most of the Temples in India have a dome or conical shaped structure?
We call this system as the Pancha-gopura system which accounts in Shilpa Shastra and Vayu Shastra of Atharva Veda.
Value of atmospheric pressure is 1 atm or 760 mm of hg. But if you are under dome, which is a hemispheric hollow pyramid shape pressure distribution changes, then you will not feel so much force on your mind. Because due to round shape pressure gets spread on the rim/circumference of hemisphere of dome.
According to Aagama Shastra. Those materials or rocks which have the capability to capture and reflect the sound waves the most must be chosen to build temple domes. That’s why, once you enter any famous temple, you will observe silence and peace around you and the most fascinating thing is, we feel COOL and temperature in a temple is always less than the atmospheric temperature.
In all religious places the deity is placed at the center of the dome which is in a pyramid shape and all the electromagnetic waves are reflected to concentrate at this center and the Idol is positively charged. These electromagnetic waves are produced when one chant any Mantra. So different mantra have different powers. So when any devotee touches the feet of an idol, it gets a part of the positively charged power from the Idol, in whatever form it may be. Same is the reason why we touch the feet of our elders and they bless us by placing their hand on our head
It is a totally scientific process which are given by ancient saints.
Hinduism is not a religion. It is a way of life. A unique system bound with immense treasures of intricate knowledge of science.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Fastest land animal …… Cheetah
🤔 How….. ⁉️
HOW A DEPILATORY CREAM OR A HAIR REMOVAL CREAM DO THEY WORK?
The way that depilatory creams work, is that they break down the keratin structure – the proteins, of the hair. This effectively thins and dissolves the base of the hairs to the point where they are weak enough to be broken off when the cream is wiped away. Once a depilatory dissolves the keratin, the hair becomes weak enough to fall loose from its follicle. The resulting substance is a bit like jelly, and it’s possible to rub or wash off patches of hair with ease.
The cream contains many alkaline chemicals, hair removal creams will work for you depends on your hair and skin type. The body part on which you’re applying cream and the amount of hair you have are factors, too.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Shri Hanuman represented with orange colour?
Once Hanuman asked Sita mata why she wears a Sindhoor on her forehead. Sita mata replied “wearing a sindhoor on my forehead enhances the life of Sri Ram”!.
Sita’s answer overwhelmed Hanuman, and he thought, if a pinch of Sindhoor(kesari/orange)can increase the life span of Sri. Ram, then why not apply it all over my body so that Sri. Ram can live forever!.
Then he procured a bucket full of Sindhoor(kesari) and smeared his whole body with oil and Sindhoor!.
On the other side, Hanuman was born on a tuesday(mangalwar), the day of planet Mars or Mangal, the red planet!.
In astrology, they say, by wearing a red coral or wearing orange/kesari will nullify the negative effects of mars, which is the lord of conjugal relationship!. Afflicted mars in your horoscope may affect your marriage/married life, and maybe your life span too?!.
🧬 HEALTH CARE:© HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cloves are good for those who have high blood sugar level, as it functions like insulin in the body. It helps to transport the excess sugar from blood into the body cells, thus normalizing the sugar level. Have cloves to protect yourself from diabetes and also to treat it.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼