𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
18 Oct (Monday)
Titi: Trayodashi (up to 6:07 pm)Chaturdashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
1.Approx 98 crore doses of COVID vaccine administered in the country so far
- Fuel prices were hiked again on Sunday, October 17 for the fourth consecutive day, mainly due to surging global crude oil prices. In the national capital Delhi, petrol prices were hiked by 35 paise from ₹ 105.49 per litre to ₹ 105.84 per litre, while diesel rates were also hiked by 35 paise from ₹ 94.22 to ₹ 94.57 according to Indian Oil Corporation.
- Andhra Pradesh : The multipurpose Polavaram dam works are likely to begin from January and be ready by the end of the year. AP Govt said.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia flagged-off SpiceJet’s inaugural flight from Delhi to Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. With the launch of these flights, passengers from Tirupati can now conveniently travel to a host of other cities both on SpiceJet’s domestic as well as international network via Delhi.
- Bihar : CM Nitish Kumar announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for kin of man killed in terror attack in Srinagar.
- Haryana : Three people allegedly involved in the lynching of a labourer at a farmers’ protest site near Singhu border were remanded to six days in police custody as the Haryana Police set up two Special Investigation Teams to probe the incident.
- J & K : Kashmiris are not involved in the recent civilian killings in the union territory, National Conference president Farooq Abdullah said adding, these attacks were carried under a conspiracy to defame Kashmiris in which 11 civilians were killed till now including daily wage labours.
- Anees-ul-Islam, grandson of late separatist patriarch Syed Ali Shah Geelani who was working as a research officer in a government institution in Srinagar has been dismissed from services “in the interest of the security of the state” by the Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha.
- Karnataka : Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai on 17 Oct said that the govt will decide on reducing the petrol price by effecting a tax cut, after reviewing the state’s economy.
- Kerala : At least 23 people have been killed in Kerala as heavy rain triggered landslides in Idukki and Kottayam districts. Lord Ayyappa devotees have been asked to avoid visiting Sabarimala Temple for couple of days. The rescue ops are underway.
- PM Modi talks to Kerala CM following heavy rain and landslide in State.
- Punjab : The body of a pilot, who went missing after a helicopter crash near Punjab’s Pathankot district on August 3, has been found. Captain Jayant Joshi was the second pilot of the Army helicopter which crashed into Ranjit Sagar Dam.
- Telangana: An orange alert has been sounded by the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), indicating the possibility of heavy to very heavy rainfall. There will be heavy rains on 18 Oct along with thunderstorms and lightning. Heavy to very heavy rains are predicted in isolated places of Adilabad, Komaram Bheem Asifabad, Nirmal, Jagtial, Karimnagar, Warangal (Rural) and Rajanna Siricilla districts.
- Uttarkhand : IMD Indian Met department issues red alert for heavy rain in Uttarakhand for today. Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has assured that all arrangements are in place to take care of any emergency situation.
- Bollywood : Actress Pooja Bedi came out in support of Shah Rukh Khan‘s son Aryan Khan, Calls Aryan Khan ‘Innocent Kid’, Aryan Khan was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau on October 3 from the Cordelia cruise ship, is currently lodged in Arthur Road jail and will remain there for at least three more days as the court, after hearing arguments, posted the matter for orders on October 20
- 5-day Naval Commanders’ Conference to discuss important maritime matters to begin from today (18 Oct).
- The Navy’s top commanders will hold their biannual meeting to discuss the force’s operational, logistical and material preparedness and future plans.Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh will address the Navy commanders, along with the chiefs of the Army and the Air Force.
- Government has empowered the Border Security Force (BSF) to conduct searches, arrest suspects and make seizures up to an area of 50 km inside Indian territory from International Border (IB) along India-Pakistan and India-Bangladesh borders through an order on 13 Oct. Surprisingly, the state governments of Punjab and West Bengal opposed it.
- The area of jurisdiction now is a 50km belt running along the national border inside these states — whereas earlier it was 15km — under Section 139 of the Border Security Force Act 1968 which enables the Centre to make such changes. It means officers of the BSF, like their counterparts in the state police, can make arrests, carry out searches and seize material in these areas.
- The border stretch under BSF in Gujarat was reduced in Gujarat from 80 kms to 50 kms, in Rajasthan it remains the same, while no limit was prescribed for the northeastern states of Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram, Tripura and Manipur.
WEEKEND NEWS HIGHLIGHTS:
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- WHO’s Technical advisory group will meet on Oct 26th to consider Emergency Use Listing for Covaxin. Dr Soumya Swaminathan, WHO’s Chief Scientist said.
- World Bank President David Malpass met Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Washington and discussed India’s efforts on climate change action.
- The World Bank statement added that President Malpass congratulated Minister Sitharaman on India’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign and thanked India for its international role in vaccine production and distribution.
- Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan will be on a five day official visit to Sudan and South Sudan from today. (18 Oct).
- India has proposed to host a meet National Security Advisors (NSA) on Afghanistan in Delhi around November 10-11 and NSAs of key stakeholders including Russia and Pakistan have been invited for the meet.
- On October 20, India will be part of Moscow Format of talks on Afghanistan which will bring Indian officials face to face with Taliban for first time since the interim Govt. The Russian President has made it clear that Moscow is not officially recognising Taliban (outlawed in Russia) in a haste even as it wound maintain contact with the interim government.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Pakistan has opened its air trade route for the first time to commercial cargo destined to landlocked Afghanistan.
- Russian actress Yulia Peresild and Russian producer-director Klim Shipenko landed on Earth after 12 days of filming their movie ‘Challenge’, on the International Space Station.
- The 131st death anniversary of the legendary Sufi saint of Bangladesh Lalon Fakir was observed in the country on 16 Oct. A programme ‘ Lalon Smaran Utsab’ was organised at the Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy (BSA) to pay tribute to Lalon on this occasion.
- The Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup began in Oman on Sunday with qualifiers. The matches of the tournament are being played across four venues in the United Arab Emirates and Oman.
- In the opening match of group stage, co-hosts Oman defeated Papua New Guinea by 10 wickets at Al Amerat stadium in Muscat. Chasing the victory target of 130 runs, Oman overhauled the score in 13.4 overs with 38 balls to spare.
- The second group stage match between Scotland and Bangladesh. Scotland Stun Bangladesh By 6 Runs 140/9, Scotland restricted Bangladesh to 134/7 in their Group B match of ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
- Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has congratulated Indian Football team on winning its 8th SAFF Championships Title. In a tweet, Mr Thakur said, Sunil Chhetri scripted history as he equalled Lionel Messi’s record of making 80 goals in International Men’s Football.
$USD 75.04 💷GBP 103.14
CM : Zoramthanga
Gvnr : Hari Babu K
🥇Gold ₹48,250@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 102.94
⛽ Diesel ₹ 93.99
LPG : ₹ 1052/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 61,305.95
NIFTY : 18,338.55
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Gol Gumbaz done in India. It has a diameter of 124 feet and is the second-largest dome in the world, next only to St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome.
It is the tomb of king Mohammed Adil Shah, Adil Shahi Dynasty. Construction of the tomb, located in Bijapur , Karnataka, India, was started in 1626 and was completed in 1656. The name is based on “Gol Gumbadh” derived from “Gola Gummata” meaning “circular dome”. It follows the style of culture and [Indo-Islamic architecture] . Even a slight whisper by someone standing in its gallery can be heard everywhere else in the gallery, and if somebody claps, the sound of it echoes several times.
😀Thought of the day
LIFE IS LIKE A BALL
D DEEPER WE FALL, D HIGHER WE BOUNCE
SO WEN WE FEEL WERE AT LOWEST, REMBR WE R
ABOUT 2 BOUNCE HIGHER THAN B4.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Friend to Pappu: HUSBAND and WIFE are like 2 tyres of a vehicle
If 1 punctures, the vehicle can’t move further….😟🤔🙄
Friend : What is the Moral tell me.?
Pappu : 🤔…🙄So always Keep a SPARE TYRE….🤩
Why is broiler chicken white in color rather than country chicken which is multicolor?
White broilers are white because the original breeding stock was white. They were originally bred sometime in the 1950s by crossing white Plymouth Rocks with white Cornish, and another name for a white broiler is a Cornish/Rock Cross or Cornish X. These chickens are not “genetically engineered” –they are the result of a traditional breeding program, not gene splicing.
Modern Cornish/Rock crosses are quite unlike their Plymouth Rock and Cornish ancestors. They have been bred for hundreds of generations to produce lots of meat very quickly with a minimum of feed. The companies that breed these birds keep their genetic lines very carefully guarded, and there is no way for a backyard breeder to get access to this stock and breed their own birds. The bodies of Cornish/Rocks produce more breast muscle than other chickens and their feet and legs are larger to hold up all that weight. Because Cornish/Rock crosses have been bred to be such extreme birds, it takes very careful management to raise one to breeding age.
संस्कृत I Love You = अहम् तुभ्यम् स्तुत्यनामि (Aham tubhyam praNyaami)
काकः Crow Kākaḥ
राजहंस : Goose: Rājahansī
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How Beer 🍺🍻is made
Beer is one of the oldest and most widely consumed alcoholic drinks in the world, and the third most popular drink overall after water and tea. Beer is brewed from cereal grains—most commonly from malted barley, though wheat, maize (corn), and rice are also used. During the brewing process, fermentation of the starch sugars in the wort produces ethanol and carbonation in the resulting beer. Most modern beer is brewed with hops, which add bitterness and other flavours and act as a natural preservative and stabilizing agent. Other flavouring agents such as gruit, herbs, or fruits may be included or used instead of hops. In commercial brewing, the natural carbonation effect is often removed during processing and replaced with forced carbonation.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Land of Thousand Lakes : Finland
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Narayan Datt Tiwari (18 October 1925 – 18 October 2018) was an Indian politician.
He was formerly in the Praja Socialist Party and later joined the Indian National Congress. He was a three-time Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (1976–77, 1984–85, 1988–89) and served once as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand (2002–2007).
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t cry over spilt milk
Meaning : Don’t cry over what has happened as it can not be fixed.
Example : Walter failed his examination but his dad came and said just one thing, “Son, Don’t cry over spilt milk.”
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why you must fast during Navratri.
ScientificallyEvery Indian festival is not just a reason to enjoy and make merry. There are many scientific reasons ascertaining the logic behind celebrating festivals on certain times of the year
Navratri is observed, once in the beginning of summer and next in the beginning of winters. If you observe the pattern, it is celebrated at two junctures of seasonal change. According to Ayurveda, eating foods like garlic, onion, meat, grains and eggs can make you attract the negative energies from the surroundings. Another reason is, during this time our body’s immunity is in it’s all time low. Eating such high-energy foods can make you prone to diseases.
There are two main types of Navratri. One is conducted in the month of Chaitra in April and is known as Vasantha Navratri and it is mainly celebrated in North India. And in South India, Sharan Navratri is celebrated in the month of Ashwija in September – October
There are six distortions, or vices of the mind:
Mada (arrogance), and
These distortions can go out of control in any human being, and become an obstacle on the spiritual path. They can be dissolved during these nine days of Navratri
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Nail rubbing improves the blood flow to the hair follicle, which strengthens it. Stronger hair follicles drastically reduce hair loss. Those battling patterned baldness claim to have reversed the balding effects by rubbing their nails. In fact, after a span of 8 to 12 months, hair regrowth is highly possible. According to acupressure study, the nerve endings in our fingertips are linked to the scalp. When you rub your nails together, the friction you create affects nerves in the scalp. This, in turn, increases the blood flow and stimulates hair growth.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼