18 Nov (Friday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Agrahayana / Margashirsha 10, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Purva Phalguni (up to 11:08 pm) Uttara Phalguni
Tithi: Navami (up to 9:33 am) Dashami
RahuKaal :10:50 AM – 12:11 PM
Can you find the difference between these two Images…? https://youtu.be/Zk_FvXS-a1k
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Last date for submission of applications for the National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) for the year 2022-23 has been extended till 30th of this month. The Education Ministry said, under the scheme, scholarships are awarded to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to stop their drop out at class 8th level and encourage them to continue their education. The amount of scholarship is 12 thousand rupees per annum.
- Minister of State for Education Dr Subhas Sarkar has said that the government is committed to transforming India into a global education hub and attracting international students.
- National Commission for Women Launched the fourth phase of the Digital Shakti Campaign, a pan-India project Digital Shakti 4.0 on digitally empowering and skilling women and girls in cyberspace.
- Supreme Court has agreed to hear a plea challenging the collegium system for judicial appointments in the apex court and the high courts.
- PM Modi will deliver the inaugural address at the third ‘No Money for Terror’ Ministerial Conference on Counter-Terrorism Financing in New Delhi on Friday.
- Note : News@17 https://youtu.be/HH9VaH2GD4I
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals Secretary Arun Baroka inaugurated 4th edition of Indian Chemicals Council, ICC Sustainability Conclave in New Delhi on Thursday.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s great-grandson Tushar Gandhi (62 years) has said that he would join Congress MP Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Yatra on Friday in Maharashtra’s Shegaon. He shared a picture of Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru on Facebook.
- Assam, Mizoram govts hold talks over interstate border dispute issue.
- GUJARAT : Filing of nominations for second phase of Gujarat assembly elections ends; scrutiny on Friday.
- HARYANA government has declared a public holiday on November 22 and 25 in Faridabad, Palwal, Fatehabad and Hisar districts due to panchayat polls.
- J&K: State government issued final notices to 586 entities on Thursday for cancellation of the land allotted to them under the state’s ‘industrial development scheme’.
- Former Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray paid tributes to his father and Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray at his memorial at Mumbai’s Shivaji Park on his death anniversary on Thursday.
- MIZORAM : The three-day long International Tourism Mart (ITM) will begin in Mizoram this evening. Union Minister for Tourism, Culture and Development of North East Region (DoNER) G. Kishan Reddy.
- PUNJAB : NHRC has issued notice to Punjab government over reported lack of proper access to education facilities for children in the Sutlej surrounded border areas of Ferozpur district. The National Human Rights Commission of India is a statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993.
- President Droupadi Murmu has expressed grief over the demise of former diplomat, author and Chairman of Institute of Odia Studies & Research Abasar Beuria.
- WEST BENGAL : Dr C V Ananda Bose has been appointed as the Governor of West Bengal.
- TELANGANA state government will relaunch the Kanti Velugu scheme from eye health from January 18 across the state. The scheme includes free eye check-up, surgery and distribution spectacles as needed to beneficiaries, free.
- The government on Thursday extended the tenure of Enforcement Directorate Director Sanjay Kumar Mishra by one year. The extension comes a day before his retirement. The Centre had earlier extended his tenure till November 18, 2022. This is the third extension for Mishra as the director of the federal agency.
- Former Chief Economic Advisor, Arvind Virmani has been appointed as a full time member of NITI Aayog.
- A low pressure area formed over southeast Bay of Bengal and adjoining north Andaman Sea on Thursday under the influence of a cyclonic circulation over the south Andaman Sea and its neighborhood.
- Alleging breach of assurance by the Centre on farmers’ pending demands, the Samyukta Kisan Morcha to stage nationwide stir on Nov. 26.
- Enforcement Directorate quizzes Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren and his wife Kalpana Soren at Ranchi in alleged money laundering case in Sahebganj.
- In Telangana, Five students of Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies (RGUKT), also known as IIIT Basar, have been booked for allegedly ragging three juniors at the institute’s hostel in Telangana’s Nirmal district. They allegedly beat up three students of Pre-University Course-I.
- Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan’s name was removed from the electoral roll in Rampur, weeks after he was convicted in a 2019 hate speech case.
- Madras High Court on Thursday said a petition seeking a CBI probe into late Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa’s death at a private hospital in Chennai in 2016 was not maintainable. The court was hearing a petition from social activist RR Gopaljee.
- 38 Indian nationals who were victims of job offers from ‘transnational crime syndicates’ in Myanmar 🇲🇲.
- A Varanasi court on Thursday rejected Gyanvapi Masjid committee’s objection to a petition seeking the right to worship the ‘shivling’ claimed to have been found in the mosque complex and fixed December 2 as the next date of hearing in the case.
💷 GBP ₹96.84
BSE Sensex : 61,750.60 −230.12 (0.37%)🔻
NIFTY : 18,343.90 −65.75 (0.36%)🔻
- Minister of State for Finance for Finance Bhagwat Karad presents 8th FICCI higher education excellence Awards 2022. He also emphasises the significance of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, a programme for financial inclusion, and claimed that , it was a big success for the government because under the scheme more than 47 crore accounts were opened.
- A Session on Financial Action Task Force and India’s Priorities in G20 Anti-Corruption Working Group, ACWG was organised by Department of Revenue in New Delhi on 17 Nov. It came on the eve of 3rd “No Money For Terror” Ministerial Conference on Counter-Terrorism Financing.
- Tata Group is considering a plan to integrate its four airline brands under Air India, as per reports. The group plans to merge Air India with full-service carrier Vistara, along with budget carriers Air India Express and AirAsia India.
- The launch of 5G services will strengthen India’s position as an economic and technology powerhouse globally and is expected to boost 2% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP), amounting to approximately $180 billion by 2030, according to a new report by industry body Nasscom.
- India has emerged as the second-largest producer of crude steel by replacing Japan. The biggest steel producing country is currently China, which accounted for 57% of world steel production.
- Hyderabad, Chennai and New Delhi, have emerged as three of the top data centre markets in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
- El Salvador President Nayib Bukele took to Twitter to announce that the country will start buying one Bitcoin a day starting Friday, November 18. El Salvador became the first country to use Bitcoin as legal tender in June last year.
Ajay Devgn and Shriya Saran-starrer ‘Drishyam 2’ has collected ₹3 crore in advance booking after selling around 1.25 lakh tickets by Thursday afternoon. The film will be a sequel to Ajay’s 2015 film ‘Drishyam’, which was directed by late filmmaker Nishikant Kamat.
- Army Chief General Manoj Pande who is on a four-day visit to France, received a Guard of Honour at the Les Invalides in Paris yesterday.
- Army organized an Ex-Servicemen Rally at Shalateng Garrison on 17 Nov. The Rally attracted over 300 ex-servicemen and their dependents from North Kashmir area.
- On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of India’s definitive victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war, the Ex-Servicemen’s rally kicked off with wreath laying ceremony at the War Memorial, paying respects to our brave soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
- Ahir regiment protest to be held in Gurugram on 18 Nov today, by the members of the Ahir community near the Kherki Daula toll plaza in Gurugra. They are demanding a separate regiment in the Indian Army. Like Punjab Regiment, JAT Regiment, MARATHA Regiment etc.
- Army has deployed new landing docks and speed boats for patrolling on the Pangong Tso Lake in Eastern Ladakh matching the Chinese deployments on the lake located close to 14,000 feet.This is part of an overall capability enhancement and infrastructure.
- Indian Army is making a large number of ponds to get fresh drinking water for the troops even in freezing winters.
- INS Trikand participated in the Combined Maritime Forces (CMF) led Focused Operation “Sea Sword 2” in the Northwest Arabian Sea to counter terrorism, prevent narcotics trade and stop smuggling entities from using the seas for their nefarious activities.The Operation “Sea Sword 2” was held from November 6-14, 2022.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi has arrived in New Delhi I🇮🇳after concluding his visit to Bali in Indonesia 🇮🇩. He was on a three day visit to Bali to attend the 17th G20 Summit.
- Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 on 17 Nov announced that it will be exempting Indian nationals from submitting a police clearance certificate (PCC) to obtain a visa to travel to the country.
- India and Australia 🇦🇺🦘 convened their fifth bilateral Cyber Policy Dialogue on 17 Nov in New Delhi.
- Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav participated in a session on“Accelerating Resilient Infrastructure in Small Island Developing States (SIDS)” at COP 27 summit at Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt 🇪🇬.
- Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar has been invited by the Election Commission of Nepal 🇳🇵 as International Observer for the forthcoming elections to Nepal’s 🇳🇵 House of Representatives and Provincial Assembly.
- National Museum, New Delhi and Kolding Museum, Denmark 🇩🇰 to open joint exhibition “Silver treasures from Denmark and India” in March next year.
- India participates in 4th meeting of Moscow 🇩🇪 Format Consultations on Afghanistan 🇦🇫 held in Moscow
- India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Ruchira Kamboj has said that the impact of 🇺🇦Ukraine conflict is not just limited to Europe, but Global South is especially facing serious economic consequences.
- Bodies of 8 Indians killed in Maldives 🇲🇻 fire incident sent to India 🇮🇳
- The Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2023 released which was published by three environmental nongovernmental organizations viz. Germanwatch, NewClimate Institute and the Climate Action Network (CAN) International. India rose two spots to rank eighth out of 63 countries in the Climate Change Performance Index 2023 (CCPI).
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- USA, 🇺🇸 the Republican Party have won a majority of seats in the House of Representatives, Republicans securing the 218th seat required to gain control of the House. The result returns the conservative party to power in Washington, allowing them to resist Joe Biden’s agenda and start a flurry of investigations.
- US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi to step down as US House Democratic leader after two decades.
- United State’s 🇺🇸 President Joe Biden’s Democrats will now be relegated to the minority in the lower chamber of USA Congress.
- Pakistan’s port city Gwadar has been swept by massive protests with protesters threatening to block China 🇨🇳-Pakistan 🇵🇰 Economic Corridor (CPEC) if their demands are not met by November 20
- Russia 🇷🇺and Ukraine 🇺🇦 have agreed to extend the grain deal brokered by the United Nations 🇺🇳 and Turkey 🇹🇷 by another 120 days as the existing agreement is to end Saturday 19 Nov 2022.
- Former US President Donald Trump has launched his 2024 presidential campaign. He filed papers with the Federal Election Commission in which he declared himself a candidate for the presidency and established a new campaign committee
- China’s daily new COVID cases continue to surge as the country recently reported 23,276 new COVID-19 infections for November
- North Korea 🇰🇷 fires short-range ballistic missile toward Sea of Japan on 17 Nov. South Korea’s 🇰🇷 Joint Chiefs of Staff said that the missile flew around 240 kilometers and reached an altitude of 47 kilometers.
- United Kingdom 🇬🇧 government has given approval for three thousand visas for young professionals from India to work in the country each year.
- Iran 🇮🇷 released two Greek ships which were held in May: Report
Iran has released two ships with Greek flags after a near six-month-long seizure.
- SHOOTING: Indian pistol shooters Manu Bhaker, Esha Singh, and Shikha Narwal combined to win the gold medal in the junior women’s 10m air pistol team event at the Asian Airgun Championship 2022 in Daegu, South Korea
- Phrygian cap, the symbol of the French republic but wearing sneakers as a nod to the present, was unveiled as the mascot for the 2024 Paris Olympics.
Frmn : 16 May 1975
Govrnr: Ganga Prasad
CM: Prem Singh Tamang (SKM)
Districts : 6
🥇Gold ₹ 52,300 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 67,100 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 103/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,095/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The great Ashoka is referred to as Samraat Chakravarti: Ashoka – the “Emperor of Emperors Ashoka.” His name “Aśoka” means “painless, without sorrow” in Sanskrit.
Ashoka, also known as Ashoka the Great, Piodasses in ancient Greece, was an Indian emperor of the Maurya Dynasty son of Bindusara Maurya, who ruled almost all of the Indian subcontinent from c. 268 to 232 BCE.
Ashoka expanded Chandragupta’s empire to reign over a realm stretching from present-day Afghanistan in the west to Bangladesh in the east. It covered the entire Indian subcontinent except for parts of present-day Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala. The empire’s capital was Pataliputra (in Magadha, present-day Patna), with provincial capitals at Taxila and Ujjain. Ashoka, after the war of Kalinga, got upset with the bloodshed and vowed to never fight again. He embraced Buddhism and patronised Buddhism in his rule and reign.
😀Thought of the day
Be the type of person you want to meet.
*JOKE OF THE DAY
Definition Of Happy Couple
HE Does What SHE Wants…SHE Does What SHE Wants.
What causes hiccups ?
A hiccup is a sudden, and then you involuntary contraction (spasm) of the diaphragm muscle. Common causes of hiccups include eating too quickly, eating or drinking too much. Home remedies for hiccups include: holding your breath, drinking a glass of water quickly, pulling hard on your tongue, biting on a lemon, gargling with water, and using smelling salt.
न कालमतिवर्तन्ते महान्तः स्वेषु कर्मसु ।
na kālamativartante mahāntaḥ sveṣu karmasu ।
Great people never delay their duties.
महान लोग अपने कर्तव्यों में देरी नहीं करते हैं ।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Like poles of a magnet repel each other.* This is because when the two magnets of like poles are kept facing each other the lines of forces are in opposite directions. … When the unlike poles of a bar magnet face each other the magnetic lines of force are in the same direction and hence unlike poles attract each other.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Batukeshwar Dutt* (1910–1965) was an Indian revolutionary and independence fighter in the early 1900s.
He is best known for having exploded a few bombs, along with Bhagat Singh, in the Central Legislative Assembly in New Delhi on 8 April 1929.
After they were arrested, tied and imprisoned for life, he and Bhagat Singh initiated a historic hunger strike protesting against the abusive treatment of Indian political prisoners, and eventually secured some rights for them.
He was also a member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Ranjan Gogoi* (born 18 November 1954) is an Indian jurist who served as the 46th Chief Justice of India. His term as Chief Justice was from 3 October 2018 till 17 November 2019.
On 9 November 2019, the five judge bench headed by him delivered the verdict in the historical and controversial–Ayodhya dispute case.
RIVER SIDE CITIES IN INDIA
Ayodhya …Sarayu UP Badrinath …Alaknanda..Uttarakhand
Kolkata ….Hoogly .W. B Cuttack …..MahanadI……Orissa Delhi………….Yamuna
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Better late than never*
Better to arrive late than not to come at all
*Insinuate × Conceal, Camouflage
Insinuate : allude, hint
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Vishnu* word can be broken into two components: VIsh + Onu. “Vish” means poison and “Onu” means atom. It’s the human’s painful (blue) existence which extends in 4 days, or 4 Vedas till Kalki (Kal-Ki, Kal-ke, or tomorrow) Avatar in conscious state. Kalki also known as Nara (genderless) .
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Eating makki roti* during winter is beneficial as it contains B-complex vitamins that can keep sluggishness at bay. It is also good for your skin, hair, heart, brain and digestion. Makki roti is a good source of Vitamin A, C, K, beta-carotene and selenium.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼