𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
18 Nov (Thursday)
Month: Kartika 29 (Purnimata)
Month: Kartika 14 (Amanta)
Titi: Chaturdashi (up to 12:00 pm) Purnima
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID vaccination coverage has crossed 114 crore 37 lakh mark
- PM Modi proposes ‘One Nation One Legislative Platform’ : Ahead of the Winter Session of Parliament, PM Modi on Wednesday proposed ‘One Nation One Legislative Platform’. “This portal (would) not only give the necessary technological boost to our parliamentary system but (would) also work to connect all the democratic units of the country,” he said. He also suggested separate slots for quality debate in the Parliament.
- Cabinet approves 4G mobile services for over 7,000 villages in Maoist affected areas of five states: Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, and Odisha. I&B Minister Anurag Thakur said.
- PM inaugurates All India Presiding Officers’ Conference in Shimla; says democracy is ingrained in our nature & part of our life. Addressing the inaugural session of 82nd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference in Shimla via video conferencing, the PM stressed that we have to take the country to newer heights, achieve extraordinary goals in the years to come. These resolutions will be fulfilled only by ‘Sabka Prayas’.
- Jal Shakti Ministry will launch Water Heroes Share Your Stories contest from the 1st December of next month. This contest is aimed to encourage and collect best practices in water conservation and management from across the nation. It also aims to encourage such efforts across India to boost transformational action in the water sector.
- How to get Shuboudhay Daily News in Regional Languages, video link
- How to get Shuboudhay Daily News in Regional Languages, video link
- Andhra Pradesh : The low pressure area over southeast Bay of Bengal moved further westwards and is likely to reach the coast off south Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamil Nadu by November 18.
- DELHI : Delhi-NCR recorded its air quality in the very poor category on Wednesday morning and no major improvement is likely until Sunday. The minimum temperature in the capital dropped to 9.6 degrees Celsius, The maximum is likely to settle around 27 degrees Celsius.
- Delhi govt to hire 1,000 pvt CNG buses as a measure to curb pollution. Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai said the hiring process of the buses will start on Thursday.
- HARYANA schools to reopen with 100% capacity from December 1:: Haryana’s Education Minister Kanwar Pal on Wednesday announced during a media interaction that all schools will reopen from December 1 with 100% capacity. Further, he said mid-day meals will be served in schools from January 1, 2022. The portal for admission in colleges will be reopened from November 16-22 and students who weren’t able to take admissions can apply.
- J&K : The families of two civilians killed in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir’s Hyderpora held a protest at Press Enclave in Srinagar on Wednesday, demanding that their bodies be returned as they were not terrorists or over ground workers. Police have claimed that the civilians were terror associates. Police had said that the bodies were buried in the Handwara area.
- Ex-J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti placed under house arrest till further orders
Former Jammu and Kashmir CM and PDP President Mehbooba Mufti was placed under house arrest till further orders on Wednesday. Earlier in the day, she had led a protest against the killing of two civilians in an encounter in Srinagar’s Hyderpora and demanded that their bodies be returned to their families. Police had said the civilians were terror associates.
- KERALA : Reported quake or seismic-like event: 22 km east of Kottayam, Kerala, India, Nov 17, 2021 12:02 pm (GMT +5:30). A mild tremor measuring 1.9 on the Richter scale was recorded on Wednesday in a network of seismographs maintained by the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) in Idukki district.
- Hotel owner arrested for destroying CCTV video in former Miss Kerala winners death case. A hotel owner named Roy and five others have been arrested for destroying hotel CCTV footage allegedly containing crucial visuals in the case of car accident that killed Miss Kerala 2019 Ansi Kabeer and runner-up Anjana Shajan. Police reportedly found CCTV visuals showing an Audi following the victims’ car and Roy stepping out of the Audi after the accident.
- MAHARASHTRA : Former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh was on Wednesday declared proclaimed offender over an extortion case. “If he (former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh) doesn’t come before the law within 30 days, Mumbai Police will initiate the process for attachment of his properties,” said Special Public Prosecutor Shekhar Jagtap. Two others were also declared proclaimed offenders.
- The Punjab govt will cancel all police cases against farmers who burn stubble, or agricultural waste, Chief Minister Charanjit Channi said Wednesday, as nearby Delhi and the national capital region lie smothered under a toxic and poisonous haze that has been partially linked to these fires.
- TRIPURA :Maharashtra Cyber, a nodal agency for cyber security and investigation for the state, has asked different social media platforms to delete at least 36 “offensive” posts found circulating in the wake of alleged communal incidents in Tripura.
The Finance Ministry on Wednesday extended the tenure of Enforcement Directorate Director Sanjay Kumar Mishra by one more year till November 18, 2022. A 1984-batch IRS officer of Income Tax cadre, Mishra was appointed as ED Director on November 19, 2018. Later, on November 13, 2020, his appointment letter was modified retrospectively, replacing his two-year term with three years.
- AAP Mumbai Joint Secretary Kashinath Kalmandarga has sent a defamation notice to Kangana Ranaut for her ‘India got bheekh in 1947’ remark. Kashinath is reportedly the son of freedom fighter Vitthalrao Kalmandarga. “AAP has sent a letter to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra…to apply to the Central Government for the withdrawal of her [Padma Shri],”
- Tamil actor Suriya has been provided armed police protection at his residence in Chennai’s T Nagar after his film ‘Jai Bhim’ was accused of ‘defaming’ the Vanniyar community. Pattali Makkal Katchi leader Panneerselvam had also announced a reward of ₹1 lakh to anyone who attacks the actor when he visits Mayiladuthurai district. Suriya portrays real-life lawyer Chandru in ‘Jai Bhim’.
- Indian Navy to commission first of four Visakhapatnam class destroyers on Nov 21 :
The destroyer has been indigenously designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organisation, the Directorate of Naval Design and constructed by Mazagon Dock Limited. The destroyer has been indigenously designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organisation, the Directorate of Naval Design and constructed by Mazagon Dock Limited.
- Visakhapatnam, a P15B stealth guided-missile destroyer will be commissioned into the Indian Navy in the presence of Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai on November 21.
- The ship measures 163 metres in length, 17 metres in breadth with a displacement of 7,400 tonnes and can be regarded as one of the most potent warships to have been constructed in India. The ship is propelled by four powerful gas turbines, in a Combined Gas and Gas (COGAG) configuration, which is capable of achieving speeds in excess of 30 knots. The ship has enhanced stealth features resulting in a reduced Radar Cross Section (RCS) achieved through efficient shaping of its hull, full beam superstructure design, plated masts and use of radar transparent materials on exposed decks.
- India & France : The Indian Air Force has placed orders for HAMMER missiles from France which would allow it to take out any hardened bunkers or ground targets at stand-off ranges of more than 70 kilometres.
- India & US: expected To Sign $3 billion MQ-9B Predator Drone Deal In Current Financial Year
In a big development, the Indian Defence Ministry is expected to take up the case for the acquisition of 30 multi-mission armed Predator drones for the three defence forces at a high-level meeting scheduled for the upcoming week.
- PM Modi will hand over made-in-India combat helicopters, drones and advanced electronic warfare suites to armed services chiefs during the Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv at Uttar Pradesh’s Jhansi on 19 Nov (Friday).
- On this day on 18-Nov-199 4: 17 Chief of Army, General, Bipinchandra Joshi,(54 yr) passed. He was due to retire in 1995. He is the only Chief of Indian Army who died in harness.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Kartarpur Corridor reopens after 20 months, Several pilgrims travelled through the Kartarpur Corridor on 17 Nov (Wednesday) and others made plans to offer prayers at the historic Sikh shrine in Pakistan as the route reopened after a 20-month gap.
- The first batch of 28 Indian Sikhs, including women, arrived at the revered Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan on Wednesday by using visa-free corridor, some 20 months after the pilgrimage was suspended in March 2020 following the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Pakistan enacts law to allow Kulbhushan challenge his conviction.
Pakistan’s Parliament in its joint sitting on Wednesday enacted a law to give Indian death-row prisoner Kulbhushan Jadhav the right to file a review appeal against his conviction by a military court.
Jadhav, a 51-year-old retired Indian Navy officer, was sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court on charges of espionage and terrorism in April 2017.
- INDIA, CHINA to hold Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordination meeting on Nov 18. The last meeting between Indian and Chinese army generals on the Line of Actual Control being inconclusive, the two countries are going into a Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordination or WMCC meeting on 18 November at around 11:30 am.
- Maldives condemns ‘India Out’ campaign, calls India its ‘closest ally’ : The Maldives government on Wednesday strongly rejected attempts to spread what it called “false information” using the ‘India Out’ slogan which alleges that bilateral cooperation between the 2 governments undermines Maldives’ national security and sovereignty. The “false allegations” are “misguided and unsubstantiated”, the statement said. The Maldives government called India its “closest ally”.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Pakistan’s parliament on Wednesday passed a law allowing electronic vote counting despite furious protests from the opposition which said it had been pushed through by the government to rig the next election.
- Gulf Arab navies and Israeli warships have conducted their first joint military exercise in coordination with the United States Naval Forces. The five-day drill in the Red Sea included naval vessels from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Israel and the US. The maritime drill began on 10 Nov and engaged in several exercises, including boarding, search and seizure tactics helping to ensure freedom of navigation aboard the USS Portland transport dock ship.
- Two explosions hit the Afghan capital Kabul on Wednesday, killing at least one person and wounding at least six, including three women.
- The Resistance Front (TRF) commander Afaq Sikander was among four terrorists killed on 17 Nov (Wednesday) in twin encounters with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district.
- Mobile lines in Sudan were cut on Wednesday as people gathered in the capital Khartoum and other cities to protest against the military establishment in the country, witnesses claimed. Thousands were seen marching in the cities with security forces using tear gas to disperse the crowd. The protesters have urged a complete handover of power to civilian authorities.
- INDIA VS NEW ZEALAND T20I HIGHLIGHTS : India beat New Zealand by five wickets in the first T20 International to go 1-0 up in the three-match series on Wednesday.
Chasing a target of 165, Suryakumar Yadav (62 off 40 balls) and skipper Rohit Sharma (48 off 36 balls) scored the bulk of the runs as India reached the target in 19.4 overs. Earlier, New Zealand scored a competitive 164 for 6, riding on half-centuries from Martin Guptill (70 off 42 balls) and Mark Chapman (63 off 50 balls).
- New Zealand: 164/6 in 20 overs (Martin Guptill 70, Mark Chapman 63; Ravichandran Ashwin 2/23, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 2/24).
India: 166/5 in 19.4 overs (Suryakumar Yadav 62, Rohit Sharma 48; Trent Boult 2/31).
- World number four Stefanos Tsitsipas has withdrawn from the ATP Finals in Turin due to an elbow injury, organisers announced on Wednesday. The Greek lost his opening Green Group match of the tournament against Russian Andrey Rublev 6-4 6-4 on Monday. Tsitsipas, who previously won this event in 2019, was set to face Norwegian Casper Ruud in his next match.
$USD 74.31 💷GBP 100.28
KERALA : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Gvnr : Arif Mohammad Khan
🥇Gold ₹50,725@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹71,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 106.36
⛽ Diesel ₹ 93.47
LPG : ₹ 909/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,008.33
NIFTY : 17,898.65
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The great Ashoka is referred to as Samraat Chakravarti: Ashoka – the “Emperor of Emperors Ashoka.” His name “Aśoka” means “painless, without sorrow” in Sanskrit.
Ashoka, also known as Ashoka the Great, Piodasses in ancient Greece, was an Indian emperor of the Maurya Dynasty son of Bindusara Maurya, who ruled almost all of the Indian subcontinent from c. 268 to 232 BCE.
Ashoka expanded Chandragupta’s empire to reign over a realm stretching from present-day Afghanistan in the west to Bangladesh in the east. It covered the entire Indian subcontinent except for parts of present-day Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala. The empire’s capital was Pataliputra (in Magadha, present-day Patna), with provincial capitals at Taxila and Ujjain. Ashoka, after the war of Kalinga, got upset with the bloodshed and vowed to never fight again. He embraced Buddhism and patronised Buddhism in his rule and reign.
😀Thought of the day
Be the type of person you want to meet.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Definition Of Happy Couple
HE Does What SHE Wants…SHE Does What SHE Wants.
What causes hiccups?
A hiccup is a sudden, and then you involuntary contraction (spasm) of the diaphragm muscle. Common causes of hiccups include eating too quickly, eating or drinking too much. Home remedies for hiccups include: holding your breath, drinking a glass of water quickly, pulling hard on your tongue, biting on a lemon, gargling with water, and using smelling salt
न कालमतिवर्तन्ते महान्तः स्वेषु कर्मसु ।
na kālamativartante mahāntaḥ sveṣu karmasu ।
Great people never delay their duties.
महान लोग अपने कर्तव्यों में देरी नहीं करते हैं ।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Like poles of a magnet repel each other. This is because when the two magnets of like poles are kept facing each other the lines of forces are in opposite directions. … When the unlike poles of a bar magnet face each other the magnetic lines of force are in the same direction and hence unlike poles attract each other.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Ranjan Gogoi (born 18 November 1954) is an Indian jurist who served as the 46th Chief Justice of India. His term as Chief Justice was from 3 October 2018 till 17 November 2019.
On 9 November 2019, the five judge bench headed by him delivered the verdict in the historical and controversial–Ayodhya dispute case.
RIVER SIDE CITIES IN INDIA
Ayodhya …Sarayu UP
Kolkata ….Hoogly .W. B
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Batukeshwar Dutt (1910–1965) was an Indian revolutionary and independence fighter in the early 1900s.
He is best known for having exploded a few bombs, along with Bhagat Singh, in the Central Legislative Assembly in New Delhi on 8 April 1929.
After they were arrested, tied and imprisoned for life, he and Bhagat Singh initiated a historic hunger strike protesting against the abusive treatment of Indian political prisoners, and eventually secured some rights for them. He was also a member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Better late than never
Better to arrive late than not to come at all
Amateur – Professional
÷÷ SYNONYMS ÷÷
Abroad – Overseas
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Vishnu word can be broken into two components: VIsh + Onu. “Vish” means poison and “Onu” means atom. It’s the human’s painful (blue) existence which extends in 4 days, or 4 Vedas till Kalki (Kal-Ki, Kal-ke, or tomorrow) Avatar in conscious state. Kalki also known as Nara (genderless)
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Eating makki roti during winter is beneficial as it contains B-complex vitamins that can keep sluggishness at bay. It is also good for your skin, hair, heart, brain and digestion. Makki roti is a good source of Vitamin A, C, K, beta-carotene and selenium.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼