18 Mar (Friday)
पक्ष :: Shukla
Month: Phalguna 30, (Purnimata)/ Phalguna 16 (Amanta) Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Nakshatra : Uttara Phalguni, Hasta
Titi: Purnima (up to 12:47 pm) Pratipada
RahuKaal:11:05 AM – 12:35 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
🎉💐 HAPPY HOLI💐
- People celebrate ‘Holika Dahan’ yesterday. On the first day, a bonfire is created which is also known as Holika Dahan (burning of demon Holika) or Chhoti Holi. On the second day, Rangwali Holi is celebrated. However, in some places, Holi is played for five days- the fifth day is called Ranga Panchami. Holi is celebrated on different dates every year. This year Holi falls is on March 18, with Holika Dahan on March 17. Why Holi Celebrated and science behind this …https://youtu.be/xzDnWl1XH8g
- PM Modi addresses valedictory function at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration; says, biggest goal of 21st century for India is to become modern and self-reliant.
- National Capital Regional Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has unveiled the coaches of India’s first rapid rail for the Delhi – Meerut corridor. The Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) train will run on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor and cover a distance of 82 km in just 55 minutes. The new RRTS train is a completely new design of train designed to provide a good travelling experience for passengers.
- Cyclone ASANI, a name suggested by Sri Lanka, is set to intensify in the Bay of Bengal on March 21 with wind speeds of 70-80 kmph gusting to 90 kmph and hit Andaman and Nicobar, further moving towards Bangladesh and Myanmar. It is going to be this year’s first cyclonic storm.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday explained that low-pressure area (LPA) over central parts of south Bay of Bengal become a well-marked low-pressure area (WML) on Saturday along and off Andaman and Nicobar islands before intensifying into a depression by March 20 and into a cyclonic storm on the next day.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) on Thursday launched a voice-based digital payment facility for its cooking gas (LPG) consumers, who do not have smartphones or internet. BPCL said it has partnered UltraCash Technologies Pvt Ltd to offer a voice-based digital payment facility that allows its BharatGas consumers, who do not have smartphones or internet, to book their LPG cylinders and make the payment through ‘UPI 123PAY’.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy on 16 Mar released Rs 709 crore under ‘Jagananna Vidya Deevena’ for the quarter October-December 2021, benefiting over 10.82 lakh students in their higher studies.
- CHANDIGARH : Shiromani Akali Dal chief Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday offered to resign from his post, owing moral responsibility for the party’s defeat in the Punjab Assembly elections.
- J&K : police on Thursday said they arrested 15 persons allegedly involved in stone-pelting on security forces after an encounter in Srinagar where three militants were killed.
- KARNATAKA : Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Flight Control System Complex at Aeronautical Development Establishment, in Bengaluru. Karnataka Chief Minister Badavaraj Bommai and others participated in the programme.
- KERALA: High Court directs film industry to form Internal Complaints Committee as per provisions of Sexual Harassment of Women in Workplace.
- MADHYA PRADESH , the Bhagoria Festival is being celebrated across tribal districts of the state. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has extended greetings and good wishes to the citizens of the state on the occasion of Holi, Rangpanchami and Bhagoria.
- TELANGANA: Senior IAS officer Vikas Raj of 1992 batch has been appointed as the Chief Electoral Officer of Telangana state.
- In Hyderabad, after Hussainsagar, Mir Alam Tank and Jeedimetla lake, the twin reservoirs would cease to be sources of drinking water in less than a year, if the GO 111 would be scrapped, claimed the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWSSB) officials.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Last date of nomination for first-phase of biennial elections for MLCs extends till 21st March.
As per the new schedule, the date of scrutiny is March 21 and candidates can withdraw their names on March 23. The polling will be held on April 9. As March 17-18 are holidays, the nomination would be allowed only on March 15, 16 and 19 from 11am to 3pm.The counting will be held on April 12.
💷 GBP 99.88
BSE Sensex 57,863.93
NIFTY : 17,287.05
- Director Vivek Agnihotri’s hotly-debated Hindi movie ‘The Kashmir Files,’ which received glowing endorsements from the ruling party and the Prime Minister himself, is racing towards the Rs 100-crore mark. The movie collected Rs 60.20 crore in the first five days. In comparison, one of the biggest recent Bollywood A-list releases, Alia Bhatt’s “Gangubai Kathiawadi”, took just Rs 57 crore in its first five days of sales last month.
- The feature film, with a production budget of Rs 15 crore, is based on the exodus of Kashmiri Hindus from the Kashmir valley during the height of militancy in the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir. The movie has generated mixed reactions and has also led to aggressive and tense sloganeering in movie theatres.
- PM Modi will inaugurate the year-long celebrations of the centenary year of the Malayalam Daily Mathrubhumi on 18 Mar at 11 AM through video conferencing. Mathrubhumi started functioning on 18th March 1923.
- 2022’s First Cyclone Asani Set to Brew in Bay of Bengal; NDRF, Army on Alert for Andaman & Nicobar.
- India is in the process of developing an indigenous 5.5 Gen Stealth fighter jet for the IAF. India is far behind countries like China and USA when it comes to spending on defence research
- A parliamentary panel has expressed concern over India’s spending on defence research that continues to be stagnant over the last five years and accounts for less than one per cent of the country’s GDP.
- The panel also expressed dissatisfaction over the budgetary allocation of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the apex defence research body in the country. The report says that in 2021-22, DRDO had projected an amount of Rs 23,460.44 crore while the final allocation made was Rs 18,227.44 crore, which falls short of the initial projection made by Rs 5,122.56 crore.
- The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence has said that there has been a low selection rate of male NCC ‘C’ certificate cadets in the Indian armed forces. The report of the panel on demands for grants of the Defence Ministry for 2022-23 was presented in parliament on 16 Mar.
It has suggested that the Ministry should revamp training methods and also devise new methods to ensure that NCC cadets are trained in a professional way for their selection through Staff Selection Board.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- 14th India-Japan Annual Summit to be held on March 19 to strengthen advance partnership for peace, stability and prosperity in Indo Pacific region
Japan PM Fumio Kishida To Visit India On March 19-20 For India-Japan Summit
- Second India-Australia virtual Summit to be held on 21 Mar (Monday) to boost comprehensive strategic partnership; PM Modi, Australian PM Morrison to participate in Summit.
- The International Adolescent Health Week will be celebrated from 20th to 26th March. It is an annual international week of dynamic participatory events to inspire health care providers, policy makers, administrators, media and adolescents and their communities to advocate for a successful transition into adulthood.
- According to the draft ‘Inter-Country Non-Transport ( personal) Vehicle Rules, 2022 issued on Wednesday, foreign vehicles entering into or plying in India will have to carry a valid registration certificate, driving licence or international driving permit and insurance policy.
- Noting that the continued Covid-19 restrictions have been affecting the careers of Indian students enrolled in Chinese Universities, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday said that it would keep urging Beijing to adopt a ‘congenial stance’ to facilitate the students’ return.
Indian embassy in Beijing, our consulates and ministry have been taking up this matter with the relevant authorities in China on numerous occasions, since the restrictions were imposed.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has restored all valid five-year e-tourist visas to nationals of 156 countries with immediate effect which was suspended since March 2020 because of the Covid pandemic. Nationals of these counties will also be eligible for issuance of fresh e-Tourist visas.
- India on 17 Mar hit out at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) for inviting the chairman of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference to attend its foreign ministerial meeting in Islamabad next week.
External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said New Delhi does not expect the OIC to encourage actors and organisations engaged in terrorism and anti-India activities.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) will provide a $1-billion credit facility to Sri Lanka for the procurement of food, medicines and other essential items, the Union Finance Ministry said on Thursday. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met Sri Lankan Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa in Delhi. The ministers discussed wide-ranging issues, the ministry added.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- At least 21 people were killed and 25 were injured on 17 Mar when Russian forces shelled a town in eastern Ukraine, local prosecutors said. An Artillery fire early hit a school and a cultural centre in the town of Merefa outside the city of Kharkiv.
- Over 100 civilians on Thursday were reportedly rescued from a theatre in Mariupol that was bombed by Russia on March 16. Ukrainian officials said thousands of people, including children, had sought refuge in the theatre. Officials said 79 children have died so far and over 100 have been injured since the invasion by Russia began on February 24.
- Pakistan’s anti-corruption watchdog the NAB has initiated proceedings against retired four-star General Ahsan Saleem Hayat and senior officials of a logistics organisation after an ex-Army officer accused them of running an illegal crude oil business that caused a loss of Rs 20 million per day to the national exchequer.
- ICC WOMENS WORLD CUP 2022
New Zealand Women vs South Africa Women, 16th Match
South Africa Women won by 2 wkts
NZW – 228 (47.5)
RSAW – 229/8 (49.3)
Player of the Match
(b) Mar 18, Fri
Bangladesh Women vs West Indies Women
17th Match at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
Bangladesh Women opt to bowl
- World Championships bronze medallist Lakshya Sen defeated world number three Anders Antonsen in straight games to reach the men’s singles quarterfinals of the All England Championships on Thursday. Lakshya defeated Antonsen with a scoreline of 21-16, 21-18. Meanwhile, PV Sindhu and Saina Nehwal were knocked out after losing their respective women’s singles’ matches in the second round.
Delhi: Union Territory
Lt Governor : Anil Baijal
CM : Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
Formation : 26 Nov 1950
🥇 Gold ₹ 53,295@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 69,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 104.67
⛽ Diesel ₹ 86.67
⛽ Autogas ₹ 38.56
⛽ CNG ₹ 43.40
LPG : 900/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The word ‘Holi’ derives from the word ‘hola’, which is a thank you to the Almighty for the harvest. This is why Holi is celebrated as winter ends and the Spring Harvest begins
😀 Thought of the day
Lal “RANG” suraj se,
nila “RANG” asma se,
hara “RANG” hariyali se,
gulabi “RANG” gulab se,
tamam khushiya mile apko,
ye dua karte hai hum dil se.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Papu rasty me ja rha tha tbhi usey latky hue wire se current lag gya jb wo tadap tadap k marny wala tha tbhi usey yaad aaya ki light to 1 week se nhi aa rhy hi..🤔😳🥵
why ostrich cannot fly
Ostriches, emus, cassowaries, rheas, and kiwis can’t fly. Unlike most birds, their flat breastbones lack the keel that anchors the strong pectoral muscles required for flight. Their puny wings can’t possibly lift their heavy bodies off the ground
ताल: गृहस्य संरक्षणार्थम् |
Lock is to protect the house.
शुल्क : Fee
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How to remove Holi colours from face
Apply coconut oil on the face before using a face wash. The oil melts the colour from the face and helps the soap to wash away all the excess dirt and grime.
White vinegar : Add half a cup of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of Ariel to 2-3 litres of cold water. The acid does the trick here and pulls the colour from your clothes.
Lemon juice: The acidic nature of lemon helps remove the stain. Soak the stain in lemon juice for 15 minutes and scrub lightly with your hands. Wash as usual, but separately
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Apart from India Holi is celebrated in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius, USA, UK, South Africa, Guyana, Surinam
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Kunji Lal Dubey (18 March 1896 – 2 June 1970) was an Indian independence activist, lawyer, educationist and politician from Madhya Pradesh.
He was the first vice chancellor of Rani Durgavati University and the chancellor of Nagpur University.
He served as the first speaker of Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly in 1956, as the Finance Minister of the State in 1967
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
What you’re doing is too risky
Attire – Dress
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Holika (Sanskrit: होलिका), sometimes also known as Simhika, was a demoness in scriptures, who was burnt to death. She was the sister of King Hiranyakashipu and the aunt of Prahlad. The story of Holika Dahan (Holika’s death) signifies the triumph of good over evil.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Natural Treatment Tips for Colds and Flu
Steamy showers moisturize your nasal passages and may help you relax.
Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once in a day. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar / honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation. These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼