🌄 S̴h̴u̴b̴o̴u̴d̴h̴a̴y̴ : 18 Jun/जेस्ट मासा (Friday) ग्रीष्म ऋतू🙏🏻
Today’s top News
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways informed to Director Generals of Police, Principal Secretaries of Transport Departments and Transport Commissioners of all States and UTs for extension of documents related to Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 till September this year.
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee moves Calcutta high court, challenging assembly election result in Nandigram where BJP’s Suvendu Adhikari emerged victorious.
- Student activists Natasha Narwal, Devangana Kalita and Asif Iqbal Tanha walked out of Tihar prison on 17 June, hours after a court ordered their immediate release in the north-east Delhi riots ‘conspiracy’ case.
- Lok Janshakti Party leader Chirag Paswan yesterday rejected his uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras’s election as the party president, saying the meeting organised in Patna was ‘unconstitutional’ and lacked even minimum attendance of its national executive members.
- Lockdown likely to end on June 20 in Telangana : except in a few places in Khammam and Nalgonda districts where Covid-19 cases are yet to come under control.
- Drones could soon be used for delivering COVID-19 vaccines in remote and hard to reach geographies in the country. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has invited expression of interest from drone operators to “develop a delivery model”.
- PM Modi will launch ‘Customized Crash Course programme for COVID-19 Frontline Workers today (18 June). The launch will commence the programme in 111 training centres spread over 26 states.The programme aims to skill and upskill over one lakh COVID Warriors across the country.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin called on PM Modi in New Delhi on Thursday.
- Third wave of the viral infection is unlikely to affect children much . As per the survey, conducted in five selected states by the All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) , the uninfected children were seen developing antibodies better than the uninfected adults.
- Union Public Service Commission has released the timetable for UPSC ESE Prelims 2021. The Engineering Services Examination Preliminary 2021 will be conducted on July 18, 2021.
- CBSE Class 10th Board Exams result to be declared by July 20; Class 12th exams result to be out by July 31
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh inaugurated a 20-kilometre double lane road at Kimin in Lakhimpur district of Assam. 12 border roads constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO). India’s Act East policy is directly connected with the development of the eight Northeast states.
- Cabinet clears corporatisation of Ordnance Factory Board, to be split into 7 entities.
The govt expects the seven new professionally-managed entities – likely to come up by the year-end – to increase their share in the domestic market through better capacity utilisation and also tap new export opportunities and its 41 factories into seven corporate entities to improve its functioning as the main supplier of arms, ammunition and clothing to the armed forces.
- Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal R.K.S. Bhadauria, PVSM, AVSM, VM, ADC will be the chief guest and reviewing officer of the Combined Graduation Parade (CGP) to be held at Air Force Academy (AFA) Dundigal, on June 19 (Saturday) to mark the successful completion of pre-commissioning training of flight cadets of various branches of Indian Air Force (IAF).
- Indian Army has invited applications for NCC special entry scheme 50th course. The application forms are available online and the deadline for submission of the forms is July 15.
- Indian Army Recruitment 2021 : The Indian Army has invited applications from eligible female candidates for the recruitment of 100 Soldier General Duty (Women Military Police). Interested candidates can apply online for Indian Army Soldier GD Recruitment 2021 till July 20 at the official website of the Indian Army, joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The Serum Insititute of India (SII) hopes to introduce Covavax in the country by September which is a version of the US firm Novavax’s COVID19 vaccine candidate . SII also plans to start clinical trials of the Novavax shot for children in July.
- China is, reportedly, conducting final trials of its mysterious Xian H-20 strategic stealth bomber at its Hotan airbase, near eastern Ladakh and will continue till June 22, the day that marks 100 years of the formation of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
- India and Sri Lanka share close ties in defense and security. The camaraderie and close cooperation between the Armed Forces of India and Sri Lanka extend way beyond the boundaries of the two countries. In one such example 135 Indian and 103 Sri Lankan peacekeepers from the two countries serving with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) received medals of recognition from the UN Force Commander in Bor earlier this week for their contribution.
- Mehul Choksi remanded to state prison in Dominica, but to remain in hospital. His legal team had submitted a medical certificate from doctors at the Dominica China Friendship Hospital, where Choksi is undergoing treatment. Choksi is wanted in India in a case of loan fraud worth about ₹13,500 crore in the state-run Punjab National Bank.
- Microsoft’s India-born CEO Satya Nadella has been named the company’s Chairman, an additional role in which he will lead the work to set the agenda for the board. Nadella will succeeds Thompson.
- Nepal Prime Minister K.P Sharma Oli defended his government’s controversial decision to dissolve the House of Representatives and told the Supreme Court that it is not up to the judiciary to appoint a Premier as it cannot undertake the legislative and the executive functions of the state.
- Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari, at the recommendation of PM Oli, dissolved the House for the 2nd time in five months on 22nd of May and announced snap elections on 12th and 19th November. Nepal PM Oli is heading a minority govt after losing a trust vote in the house.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has formally acknowledged that the country is facing food shortages . Addressing a meeting of senior leaders, Kim said the people’s food situation is now getting tense. He said the agricultural sector had failed to meet its grain targets because of last year’s typhoons. On the other side, North Korea has closed its borders to contain the spread of COVID-19. Trade with China has plummeted as a result. North Korea relies on China for food, fertiliser and fuel.
- Bangladesh improved its position by seven notches in the Global Peace Index 2021 compiled by the Institute of Economics & Peace (IEP) based in Sydney, Australia. 15th edition ranking 163 countries according to country peacefulness, the Index placed Bangladesh at 91st position compared to 98th last year. Bangladesh has scored an overall score of 2.68 making it the third most peaceful country in South Asia placed behind Bhutan and Nepal. Afghanistan has been ranked as the least peaceful country in the South Asian region.
- 18 June – International Picnic Day
International Picnic Day is celebrated on 18 June every year. This is a day to enjoy in nature, with your near and dear ones.
- Zambia’s first president Kenneth Kaunda dies at 97; PM Modi offers condolences. Zambia will have 21 days of mourning.
Kaunda was a leader of the campaign that ended British colonial rule and he became Zambia’s first democratically elected president in 1964. He led the country, which became a one-party state, until 1991.
- ICC World Test Championship Final, 2021 : Team India yesterday evening announced their Playing XI for the World Test Championship final against New Zealand, which will be played in Southampton from Friday.
- Spanish Tennis stalwart Rafael Nadal on 17 June pulled out of the Wimbledon 2021 Championships and the Tokyo Olympics. Rafael Nadal took to his Twitter shared a detailed statement regarding his massive decision and cited the short time interval between the recently concluded French Open and the upcoming Wimbledon Championships as the reason. Rafael Nadal lost to Novak Djokovic at the French Open 2021 semifinal.
- The Women’s Test Cricket, India were 167 for 1 in their first innings against England on the second day on Thursday 17 June.
$USD 72.62 💷GBP 103.00
🥇Gold ₹49,040©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,300©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 96.58
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90.25
LPG : ₹ 835.50/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 52,323.33
NIFTY : 15,691.40
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Bal Gangadhar Tilak or
Keshav Gangadhar Tilak, was an Indian nationalist, teacher, social reformer, lawyer and an independence activist. He was the first leader of the Indian Independence Movement. The British colonial authorities called him “The father of the Indian unrest.”
😀Thought of the day
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
Joke of the day
Judge : Y U’ve stolen money 4m dis man?
Pappu : My lord I’ve nt stolen money. He jst gave it 2 me
Judge : When he gave U money ?
Pappu : Whn I showd him gun 🔫
Why are China and India fighting in Himalayas?
After the bloody war between Pakistan and India in 1947 resulted in the partition of that region, the border between China and India was left ill-defined.
The main cause of the war was a dispute over the sovereignty of the widely separated Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh border regions. Aksai Chin, claimed by India to belong to Kashmir and by China to be part of Xinjiang, contains an important road link that connects the Chinese regions of Tibet
The Border between India-China marked The McMahon line(550 mike), but China never formally accepted it. India and China went to war over it in 1962 in which India was lost. China capture some part of India and Military border emerged The Line of Actual Control, was decided.
Army face to face at many points along the 3,440km (2,100-mile) shared border. Here the two countries’ soldiers are not allowed to carry guns in the area.
Now recently a special status granted to Jammu and Kashmir, and the splitting of the former Indian state into two territories made China to worry about China to Pakistan economic corridor & building of infrastructure for free movement.
India already finished a new all-weather road that runs very close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The purpose of this road is to support troops along the border allowing them to be resupplied by road from Daulat Beg Oldi, the world’s highest airfield which is an advantage to Indian troops.
The location of the latest confrontation, the Galwan Valley inside the Indian territory. China has eyed the Galwan valley since 1950s. The Galwan river was one of the battle-fronts during 1962 war through which China enforced a new status quo in Ladakh. It was also the location of the dispute which kicked off the 1962 war. Now China had already moved large numbers of troops and armaments to the region.
The conflict has enormous geopolitical consequences for the world. China and India are the two most populous nations on earth, and both are nuclear powers. They are led by governments run strongly along nationalist lines, and whose militaries are seen as markers of national status and pride.
China always makes trap to divert the attention, China’s border foul play is to divert attention from its internal and international miseries. China fear of an economic collapse and anti government protest in China. There are internal problems, apart from growing pressure from the international community which has accused the country of concealing information relating to the spread of the virus.
China has also been pushing Nepal to take an aggressive stance against India. Nepal had last week endorsed a new political map, showing Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura under its territory, amidst the border dispute with India.
दुविधा : Dilemma
🤔 How it works ⁉
How does an air balloon works ?
Hot air ballooning is the oldest form of aviation. First flight was 1783.
Hot air balloons work because hot air rises. By heating the air inside the balloon with the burner, it becomes lighter than the cooler air on the outside. This causes the balloon to float upwards. if the air is allowed to cools, the balloon begins to slowly come down. Gas balloons are filled with a gas (helium or hydrogen) that is lighter than air, therefore providing lift.
Balloons cannot be steered in the normal sense of the word so they travel in the direction of the wind, which varies at different altitudes. Pilots skillfully use this as a way of changing direction by burning to go up, or allowing the air to cool to go down, and catch different air streams at different heights.
The principle behind hot air balloon physics is the Archimedes Principle which states that the buoyant force on a submerged object is equal to the weight of the fluid that is displaced by the object.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Aryabhatta : A mathematician and astronomer belonging to the classical age. His ‘Aryabhata’s 108′ consist of 108 verses. It covers several branches of mathematics such as algebra, arithmetic, plane and spherical trigonometry. Also included in it are theories on continued fractions, sum of power series, sine tables and quadratic equations. Also inventor of Zero.
He was the one who first explained, that the earth is in spherical in shape and rotates in its own axis around the sun, which takes 365 days to complete.
He also explained how solar and lunar eclipse takes place.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Matsya Avatar of Shri Vishnu 🐟
(Matsya 🦈means Fish in Sanskrit) was the first Avatar of Vishnu. It is said that, during the Satya Yuga, the people on earth had become irreligious and disorderly in the way they lived their lives. This is when the Gods collectively decided to flood the earth and prepare it for the process of renovation. Lord Brahma, the creator, had been given the guidelines to remodel the earth by Lord Vishnu.
Shri Vishnu instructed the king Satyavrat Manu to collect the best of seeds from the flora and the best of representatives from fauna, sapta rishis. It also advised that a huge ship be built and kept in ready condition because he would like to protect them from great floods which started swallowing the earth.
The ship with Manu and his collections aboard was tied to the horn of the huge fish (Matsya 🦈 avatar of Shri Vishnu) with the snake Vasuki and reached Himalaya safely.
But a demon Hayagriva was exposed and took Vedas with him. Matsya killed him and rescued the Vedas handing them over once again to Brahma. All the seeds gathered in the ship were thrown on the earth. All the representatives of the different animal species started procreating once again.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drinking warm water with black pepper powder every morning, preferably on an empty stomach is the best remedy to boost immunity. It is said that drinking this pepper water for at least a month can relieve you from myriad health problems. This helps you burn more calories to maintain an ideal weight.
Once you’ll start drinking this magic elixir in the morning, you will notice that your body stamina has been increased two times. It will make you feel energetic and will also boost up your metabolism.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ….✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼