18 Aug (Friday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 02, (Purnimanta & Amanta)
Nakshatra: Purva Phalguni (up to 10:57 pm) Uttara Phalguni
Tithi : Dwitiya (up to 8:02 pm) Tritiya
Rahu : 10:54 AM – 12:30 PM
Yamaganda : 03:42 PM – 05:17 PM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast heavy rainfall activity over East and adjoining central India during the next two days. Heavy rainfall activity is likely over Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Sub-Himalaya, East Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Sikkim.
- ISRO successfully separated Chandrayaan-3’s lander module from the spacecraft’s propulsion module. Following the separation, the Lander Module will undertake the rest of the journey to the Moon’s surface independently.
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu launched ‘My Bengal, Addiction Free Bengal’ Campaign under the ‘Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan’, organized by Brahma Kumaris at Raj Bhavan, Kolkata on August 17.
- Home Minister Amit Shah will plant the four crore sapling at Central Reserve Police Force Group Centre in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh on Friday. He will also electronically inaugurate 15 newly constructed buildings of various types in eight different campuses of CRPF.
- The Central Water Commission launches FloodWatch mobile app for real-time flood forecast situations across the country.
- Union Heavy Industries Minister Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey has said that government is committed to ensure effective and efficient operations of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has expressed hope that with collective efforts and determination, TB can be eliminated from the world by 2030.
- Centre conducts test of its emergency alert system by sending sample messages to many smartphones users Centre.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in India has taken a proactive step towards promoting gender equality within the nation’s aviation sector.
- The Tamil Nadu government and Racing Promotions Private Limited (RRPL) have launched a new street circuit in Chennai. The 3.5km track will be located around the Island Grounds and will be the first-ever street circuit in India and South Asia to host a night race. It will also offer stunning views of the Marina Beach Road and the Bay of Bengal. The event is scheduled to be held on December 9-10 and will feature the F4 Indian Championship and the Indian Racing League.
- BJP on Thursday announced two key election committees for the Congress-run Rajasthan, with former chief minister Vasundhara Raje not being made a member of any of them.
- Recently the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), a division of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, has introduced a new mobile application called ‘SAMUDRA’ – Smart Access to Marine Users for Ocean Data Resources and Advisories. It provides real-time updates and critical alerts on oceanic disasters like tsunamis, storm surges, high waves, and swell surge alerts.
- CHHATTISGARH, the highlight of the BJP’s first list of nominations for the forthcoming State Assembly elections is its attempt to corner Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel by fielding sitting Durg MP and former Congress leader Vijay Baghel from Patan in Durg, which the CM represents in the current Assembly.
- In TELANGANA: BRS is likely to release its first list of candidates for the upcoming Assembly polls on August 21.
- The Congress on Thursday evening swung into action and removed the general secretary incharges of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat — J.P. Agarwal and Raghu Sharma, respectively. Mukul Wasnik has been given the charge of Gujarat, while Randeep Singh Surjewala has been given the additional charge of the poll bound state of MP.
- In J&K : Human Rights advocate Shehla Rashid has surprised many by offering praise to the PM Modi-led government at the Centre and the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir for their efforts in improving the human rights situation in the region.
- The Ministry of Education has introduced the Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (PM-USHA), a central scheme aimed at enhancing access, equity, and excellence in higher education across States and Union Territories. Only 22 States and Union Territories have joined the PM-USHA, which requires a memorandum of understanding to be signed between the State and the Department of Higher Education (MoE). West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Kerala are among 14 States and Union Territories which have refused to get on board.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice : Arjun Ram Meghwal
International Court Of Justice Prz. : Joan Donoghue
- NIA has arrested a most wanted accused against whom a Red Corner Notice and a Look Out Circular has been issued in the case relating to the seizure of 18.56 kilograms of gold bars at the Jaipur International Aiport.
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) raided the Thane house of arrested accused Shamil Saquib Nachan in the Pune ISIS module case on Thursday and seized a host of incriminating material exposing the terrorist organisation’s conspiracy to disrupt peace and communal harmony in the country.
- CBI has mobilised a team of 53 officers, including 29 women, drawn from its units across the country to probe Manipur violence cases. The team, formed under a Joint Director level officer, includes three DIGs and a Superintendent of Police.
- The Supreme Court on Thursday posed a volley of questions to the Gujarat government and the Centre over the “selective” application of a remission policy for the convicts serving jail terms for gang-raping Bilkis Bano and murdering her family members during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat.
- Former JNU student leader Umar Khalid’s bail plea dropped from Supreme Court cause list. He is accused under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, in a case linked to the February 2020 Delhi riots case.
“”””””””” MISHAPS “”””””””””””
Himachal Pradesh rains: The hilly state has been facing days of relentless rain that have killed more than 70 people till now. Reports have also stated that Indian Air Force (IAF) has rescued over 780 people from flood affected areas in the past forty eight hours.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 83.10
GBP ₹ 105.92
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,151.02 −388.40 (0.59%)🔻
NIFTY: 19,365.25 −99.75 (0.51%) 🔻
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD : ₹ 59,510/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER : ₹ 72,800/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL : ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL : ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL : ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas : ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG : ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- The State Bank of India is planning to open 300 new branches across the country in the current financial year. The SBI currently has 22 thousand 405 branches across the country and 235 foreign branches and offices. SBI chairman Dinesh Khara said.
- The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman met the Governor of Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), Hayashi Nobumitsu in New Delhi yesterday. They exchanged views on JBIC’s recent activities in India contributing towards Japan’s investment target of five trillion yen over the next five years.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has greenlit a USD 40.5 million loan to elevate early childhood development and maternal mental health in Meghalaya.
- According to the SBI report, the per capita income of Indians is expected to increase from Rs 2 lakh in FY23 to Rs 14.9 lakh in FY47 – from $2,500 in FY23 to $12,400 in FY47. It further added that the weighted mean income of Rs 4.4 lakh in AY14, based on ITR filings, has now increased to Rs 13 lakh.
- Government of India had appointed R. Doraiswamy as the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) managing director. He is currently executive director at the central office in Mumbai.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Dream Girl 2, movie will release in cinemas on August 25, 2023. It is directed by Raaj Shaandilyaa and produced by Ektaa R Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Ananya Panday in the lead roles.
- GADAR 2 movie till now total collection is Rs. 262.36 cr
- OMG 2 collection : Rs 79.47 cr
- Popular Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, who made her Bollywood debut in the 2017 movie Raees, is reportedly tying the knot with her longtime businessman beau Salim Karim in September 2023. The actress has been in a relationship with Karim for a while and has kept it private all this while.
Commander of Armed Forces: The President of 🇮🇳India
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu launched India’s newest warship ‘INS Vindhyagiri’ on Thursday at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd’s (GRSE) facility on the banks of Hooghly River at Kidderpore in Kolkata.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is gearing up to host a colossal multilateral military exercise, ‘Tarang Shakti‘, which was originally slated for October but has been rescheduled to the middle of 2024.
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Kumar Mishra has said that the Union Government had constructed 28,000 houses for defence forces in the last nine years.
- Inaugurating the special and composite group quarters for National Security Group near Chennai on Thursday, he said that the Indian Defence Forces Personnel not only serve the people of the country but also help bring peace and calm to many countries through their peacekeeping mission.
- Under the ‘Mission Amrit Sarovar’, Air Force Academy, Dundigal adopted the Dundigal Lake for its development and rejuvenation. The mission culminated on August 15 with the hoisting of the National Flag by Air Commodore Anish Aggarwal, Chief Instructor (Flying) at Air Force Academy.
- The CEO of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), Alexei Rakhmanov, said that the construction work on the two Project 11356M frigates that the Russian defense firm is building for the Indian Navy was progressing as per a revised schedule.
- The Indian Ministry of Defense (MoD) inked a deal for four project 11356M frigates in 2018. While two of the naval vessels were to be made in Russia, the remaining ones were to be constructed by India’s state-run Goa Shipyard Limited under a license from the Saint Petersburg- headquartered company.
- Two European defense manufacturing giants are seeking to win a Rs 40,000 crore ($4.8 billion) order to build submarines in India as the South Asian nation looks to strengthen its navy to counter China’s expanding naval presence in the Indo-Pacific region.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- A four-day Youth 20 Summit to be formally inaugurated on Friday in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- World Health Organisation’s first-ever Global Summit on Traditional Medicine begins in Gujarat; Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the first-ever WHO Traditional Medicine Global Summit at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar yesterday.
- The Director General of WHO Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the summit will help to unlock the potential of the ancient traditional medicine and advance their use in today’s time. He urges all countries to commit to integrate traditional medicines in their National Health systems.
- India’s imports from Russia doubled to USD 20.4 bn in April-July period of this fiscal.
- BRICS expansion backed by China, Russia to be in focus next week. Russian President Vladimir Putin, other leaders of Brics states will gather in Johannesburg during August 22-24 for the 15th summit.
- A 🇺🇸 U.S court has denied the writ of habeas corpus filed by Pakistani-origin Canadian businessman Tahawwur Rana, paving the way for US Secretary of State Antony Blinken to issue a certification for him to be extradited to India where he is facing a trial for his alleged involvement in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
- PM Modi may travel to Indonesia for the Asean Summit, scheduled from September 5 to 7. There’s a strong possibility of his attendance at both the India-Asean Summit and the East Asia Summit during his visit.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Prime Minister of 🇧🇩Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina rolled out the Universal Pension Scheme on Thursday aiming to bring the citizens, aged above 18, under the pension coverage.
- Heavy rain in parts of 🇩🇪Germany has caused flooding that inundated streets and led to dozens of flight cancellations at country’s busiest Frankfurt airport.
- 🇱🇹Lithuanian government has decided to temporarily close two of its six checkpoints with Belarus later this week amid growing tensions with its eastern neighbor.
- 🇷🇺Russian court imposed a 3-million-ruble fine on internet giant Google on Thursday for failing to allegedly false information about the conflict in Ukraine.
- Russia’s defence ministry has said that it shot down three 🇺🇦Ukrainian drones on southwest of Moscow, in the latest aerial attacks near the capital.
- Military chiefs from West African states began two days discussions on Thursday in Ghana’s capital Accra about the ongoing crisis in 🇳🇪Niger.
- At least 27 people have died and 59 injured due to an explosion in a commercial area of a town in the 🇩🇴Dominican Republic.
- In 🇱🇾Libya, 55 people have been killed in the capital Tripoli, due to clashes between two militias that back the country’s UN-supported government.
- The Fighting erupted on Monday between the 444 Brigade and the Special Deterrence Force (SDF) due to the capture of a factional commander. Mahmoud Hamza, head of the 444 Brigade, was seized by the Special Deterrence Force as he tried to travel from SDF-controlled Mitiga airport in Tripoli.
- The 🇰🇷Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST) is making groundbreaking advancements in aviation with the development of “Pibot,” a humanoid robot designed to fly aircraft using its own dexterity and advanced AI capabilities.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Indian Olympic gold medalist javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra on Thursday urged Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar to resolve the visa issues of athlete Kishore Jena to enable him to take part in the World Athletics Championships.
- The embassy of Hungary in India has cancelled Jena’s visa and he will be forced to miss the World Athletics Championship which will be held in Budapest, Hungary from August 19 to 27.
- 🇮🇳Indian wrestler Mohit Kumar has became the Under 20 World Championship in men’s 61 Kg Freestyle category at Amman City in Jordan. Mohit defeated 🇷🇺 Russia’s Eldar Akhmadudinov by 9-8 in the final.
- In cricket, 🏴England all-rounder Ben Stokes has reversed his decision to retire from One Day Internationals ahead of the ICC ODI World Cup scheduled for October in India. Stokes will make his return to the 50-over squad for a series against New Zealand🇳🇿 next month. According to England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement.
- FIFA Women’s World Cup Football, 🇪🇸Spain will meet England in the final on the 20th of August in Sydney. This will be Spain’s first Women’s World Cup championship Final. Spain defeated 🇸🇪Sweden 2-1 in the semifinal.
- Sri Lankan 🇱🇰 all-rounder Wanindu Hasaranga has announced his retirement from Test cricket. The 26-year-old made the decision to focus on his limited-overs career, where he is a key figure for Sri Lanka.
FRANCE : Paris
Current constitution – 4 October 1958
President: Emmanuel Macron
PM: Elisabeth Borne
Euro (€) (EUR)[VI]
CFP franc (XPF)
1 Euro : Rs. 90.57
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Agartala is the capital city of the Indian state of Tripura, and is the second-largest city in northeast India after Guwahati.
Agartala is a derivative of two words, namely agar, a valuable perfume and incense tree of genus Aquilaria, and the suffix tala, meaning underneath, a reference to the density of agarwood trees in the region
It is located on the banks of the Haora River, near the Bangladesh border, about 90 kilometres (55 mi) east of Bangladesh’s capital Dhaka. Agartala is being developed under the Smart Cities Mission, a flagship scheme of the Government of India.
😀Thought of the day
Life is like a novel and everyday is a page is sad the next will become happy. So don’t worry turn the next page and enjoy your life.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Operation ke baad pappu bola: Doctor sahab,
kya ab main rog mukt hoon?
saamane se javaab mila: beta, Doctor sahab
to dhartee par hee rah gae, main to Chitra Gupt hoon.
Why do cars/ vehicles outside of India have the steering wheel on the left side?*
India, being a former British colony, inherited the left-hand side of the road and right-hand side of the car as the steering-wheel side. … Hence, a driver sitting on left side in the car will have a better appreciation of the traffic coming from opposite.
Left-om Britain in 1835. Countries which were part of the British Empire followed suit. This is why to this very day, India, Australia and there former British colonies in Africa go left. … It wasn’t until Napoleon conquered the Netherlands that the Dutch started driving on the right.
तस्य दूरवाणी संख्या का ? = What is his phone number ?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW DO SNAILS REPRODUCE? 🐌
Different snails reproduce differently, but most snails are “hermaphrodites.” Being a hermaphrodite means that any given snail can be both male and female at the same time. This can make it a lot easier for snails to reproduce and quickly make a whole lot of snails! Some hermaphrodite snails do not need another snail to reproduce, but can make more snails all by themselves (this is called asexual reproduction). Other snails are hermaphrodites but still need another snail to reproduce (this is called sexual reproduction). There are also some snails that aren’t hermaphrodites, but are either male or female, and must find a snail of the opposite sex to breed with.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
BEGINING OF BOLLYWOOD*
Father of Indian Cinema, Dadasaheb Phalke released the first ever full-length feature film ‘Raja Harishchandra’ in 1913. The silent film was a commercial success. Dadasaheb was not only the producer but was also the director, writer, cameraman, editor, make-up artist and art director. Raja Harischandra was the first-ever Indian film which was screened in London in 1914
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Nirmala Sitharaman (born 18 August 1959) is an Indian politician of the (BJP), who is currently serving as the Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs.
Sitharaman formerly served as the Defence Minister of India, thereby becoming India’s second female defence minister and also the second female finance minister after Indira Gandhi and first full-time female Finance Minister.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
BITE YOUR TONGUE – To avoid talking
Blunt × Keen
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from )
SATYABHAMA, also known as, Satrajiti, is the third consort of the Lord Shri Krishna. Satyabhama is believed to be an avatar of Bhumī Devī.
Satyabhama was the daughter of Yadava King Satrajit, the royal treasurer of Dwaraka, who was the owner of the Syamantaka jewel. Satrajit, who secured the jewel from the sun-god Surya and would not part with it even when Krishna, the king of Dwarka, asked for it saying it would be safe with him. Shortly thereafter, Prasena, the brother of Satrajit went out hunting wearing the jewel but was killed by a lion. Jambavan, known for his role in the Ramayana, killed the lion and gave the jewel to his daughter Jambavati. When Prasena did not return, Satrajit falsely accused Krishna of killing Prasena for the sake of the jewel.
Krishna, in order to remove the stain on his reputation, set out with his men in search of the jewel and found it in Jambavan’s cave, with his daughter. Jambavan attacked Krishna thinking him to be an intruder who had come to take away the jewel. They fought each other for 28 days, when Jambavan, whose whole body was terribly weakened from the incisions of Krishna’s sword, finally recognised him as Rama and surrendered to the lord. As repentance for his having fought Krishna, Jambavan gave Krishna the jewel and also his daughter Jambavati in marriage. Krishna returned the jewel to Satrajit, who in turn apologized for his false accusation. He promptly offered to give Krishna the jewel and his daughter Satyabhama, in marriage. Krishna accepted them but refused the jewel.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
GET RID OF A HEADACHE
- Drink Water. Inadequate hydration may lead you to develop a headache.
- Get Adequate Sleep
- Head Massage may be able to reduce chronic pain as well as ease muscle tension that causes headaches.
- If ,you have a migraine, place a cold pack on your forehead. Ice cubes wrapped in a towel, a bag of frozen peas, or even a cold shower may lessen the pain.
- Tension-related headaches can sometimes be relieved with regular breathing exercises that help focus your mind and ease your muscles.
- The warmth and comfort of a steaming cup of herbal tea makes it an excellent way to wind down at night.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT