18 Apr (Monday)
पक्ष :: Krishna
Month: Vaisakha 2, (Purnimata)/ Chaitra 17(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Vishaka/Anuradha
Titi: Dwitiya (up to 7:24 pm) Tritiya
RahuKaal: 07:42 AM – 09:17 AM GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/HHPAc7kjRgM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Govt launched e-Sanjeevani Tele-consultation facility at one lakh centers from April 16: Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya said.
- Over three lakh e-Sanjeevani Tele-consultations were provided to the people in a single day through the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres across the country. This facility has been launched with the aim of helping the people living in remote villages in the country receive medical advice from various health experts.
- The Indian Railways is planning to run its diesel locomotives fleet using bio-diesel.
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has dismissed the media reports as incorrect that the government has stopped doing natural gas allocation to City Gas Distributors-CGD.
- Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan has inaugurated the ‘Revision Knee Replacement Block’ at a Hospital in Guntur. Patients at the hospital availed the benefit under the ‘Aarogyasri’, ‘Aarogya Asara’ and EHS scheme, and Aarogya Mitra.
- DELHI police has arrested six more accused in connection with Jahangirpuri violence that erupted during Hanuman Jayanti procession taking the total number of arrests to 20 so far.
- Various unions of auto, taxi drivers in Delhi to go on strike demanding hike in fares
- HIMACHAL PRADESH : Electricity bills till 125 units to be free of cost, says CM Jairam Thakur
- GUJARAT : PM Modi will be on a three-day visit to Gujarat beginning from Monday. He will visit the Command and Control Centre for Schools in Gandhinagar.
- The Centre collects over five hundred crore data sets annually and analyzes them meaningfully using big data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, to enhance overall learning outcomes for students.
- J&K ‘s Tulip Garden to shut a week early due to high temperature. The flowers require temperatures between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius to bloom.
- MAHARASHTRA govt has developed a website-based migration tracking system (MTS) to track the movement of the vulnerable seasonal migrant workers through individual unique identification numbers that will be assigned to them.
- Punjab : Electricity bills till 300 units to be free of cost, says CM Bhagwant Mann.
- Ex-Army chief JJ Singh said Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) must clarify if it supports the “pro-separatist and anti-India” views of British Labour Party MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi. This comes after Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann and AAP Rajya Sabha MP Raghav Chadha met Dhesi on Friday. Singh added that Mann must disclose what transpired during their meeting.
💷 GBP 99.69
BSE Sensex 58,338.93
NIFTY : 17,475.65
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will be travelling to the US on an official visit beginning April 18 to attend the Spring Meetings of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank,. the G20 Finance Ministers meeting and the Central Bank Governor Meeting (FMCBG).
- Nirmala Sitharaman will also attend an event at the Atlantic Council, a prominent think tank based in Washington DC, and will also interact with the faculty and students at Stanford University.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has recently presented a set of Time Release Studies (TRS) that have been conducted by the department. TRS is a tool for performance measurement and assesses the international trade’s cargo clearance process.
- Union Minister of State for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Karad has said that so far 45 crore bank accounts of beneficiaries have been opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana- PMJDY.
- Actress Shehnaaz Gill, taking to Twitter, praised actor Yash’s ‘KGF: Chapter 2’ and wrote, “Congratulations, I love you all.” She further wrote, “Loved the violence Yash. Peace out.” Shehnaaz then congratulated Srinidhi Shetty, Sanjay Dutt, Raveena Tandon and the film’s director Prashanth Neel. Yash replied to Shehnaaz’s tweet and commented, “Thank you.” The film was released on April 14.
- Actor Madhavan 16-year-old son Vedaant Madhavan bagged the silver medal in the men’s 1500m freestyle swimming event at Danish Open in Copenhagen.
- After China constructed a bridge over the Pangong lake in Ladakh, a senior official of the Chushul region has claimed that it has now installed mobile towers near its side of the border.
- Chushul Councillor Konchok Stanzin in a tweet flagged the issue and claimed that three mobile towers have been installed near China’s hot spring very close to the Indian territory.
- Army commanders’ conference is scheduled to be held from April 18-22, 2022 in New Delhi wherein senior leadership of the Indian Army will review the operational situation along the borders
- For the appointment of the new Chief of Defence Staff, the govt is likely to consider both serving and retired military officers, The post has been lying vacant since December 8 last year after the death of the country’s first CDS late General Bipin Rawat in an air crash.
- Director General of Indian Coast Guard (ICG) VS Pathania inaugurated the hover port at Okha and laid the foundation stone for a Coast Guard jetty at Vadinar, both located in Gujarat’s coastal Devbhumi Dwarka district.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi in his letter to Shehbaz Sharif had congratulated the PML-N chief on becoming the prime minister of Pakistan and conveyed to him that India desired constructive ties with Pakistan.
In response Pak PM Sharif sent a letter to PM Modi, in his letter, he called for the resolution of issues including J&K. Pak PM Sharif said that Islamabad was in favour of peaceful and cooperative ties with India.
- SRI LANKA SEEKS BRIDGING FINANCE FROM INDIA TILL IMF BAILOUT : While India plays a prominent role in helping its neighbour Sri Lanka come out of a deep economic crisis, it was learnt from reliable sources that Colombo has asked India to provide bridging finance for the crisis-ridden country till the International Monetary Fund (IMF) provides adequate funds, which may take another three to four months.
- Egypt, has given approval to India as one of its wheat suppliers. India will be supplying around one million tonnes of wheat, of which in April 2,40,000 tonnes will be shipped.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will pay a two-day visit to India on the 21st of April
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- TALIBAN WARNS PAKISTAN OF CONSEQUENCES IN CASE OF FUTURE AIRSTRIKES ON AFGHANISTAN : Following the Pakistani airstrikes in the Khost and Knar provinces of Afghanistan that killed a number of civilians, the Taliban regime warned Pakistan of “bad consequences” in case of any future airstrike inside their territory.
- A large number of Nangarhar residents held a rally on Sunday in the Ghanikhil district in the province to protest Pakistani air strikes on Kunar and Khost provinces
- Israeli police stormed the flashpoint al-Aqsa mosque compound in East Jerusalem on Sunday, with at least 10 people injured during the ensuing clashes.
- US: FDA (Food and Drug Administration) authorizes first-ever breathing test for detecting Covid-19 infection
- Three Chinese astronauts return to earth after 6-month stay at Tiangong space station.
- Ukraine has sought $50 billion in financial support from G7 countries to help it cover a war-linked budget deficit over the next six months,
- The death toll from flooding in South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal province rose to 443.
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Punjab Kings vs Sunrisers Hyderabad, 28th Match
Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 7 wkts
PBKS – 151 (20)
SRH – 152/3 (18.5)
Player of the Match
(b) Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings, 29th Match
Gujarat Titans won by 3 wkts
CSK – 169/5 (20)
GT – 170/7 (19.5)
Player of the Match
GT batter David Miller smashed an unbeaten 94 off 51 deliveries as his team chased down the 170-run target in 19.5 overs against CSK. GT have now won five matches in IPL 2022,
(c) Apr 18, Monday
Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders
at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
- ODISHA : Bhubaneswar and Rourkela to host 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup
- Danish Open Swimming : Sajan Prakash wins gold in 200m butterfly, Vedaant Madhavan bags silver in 1500m freestyle.
- BCCI is reportedly planning to start women’s Indian Premier League (IPL) from next year and it is expected to feature six teams.
DELHI: National Capital Territory (NCT)
Formed : 26 January 1950
National Capital Territory: 1 Feb 1992
Lt Gvnr : Anil Baijal
CM : Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
Dist : 11
🥇 Gold ₹54,805@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹69,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 105.41
⛽ Diesel ₹ 96.67
⛽ CNG ₹ 71.61
⛽ AUTOGAS ₹ 75.54
LPG : ₹ 949.50 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
More than 60% of India is younger than 35 yrs. The average Indian age is much younger than most other nations.
😀 Thought of the day
Expect more from yourself than from others. Because expectations from others hurt a lot, while expectations from yourself inspire a lot. That’s life.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher to Pappu – copy chupa lo piche se koi dekh lega
Pappu – Teacher, my akela fail nhi hona chahta….🤪
Why rose is symbol of love 🌹
According to Greek and Roman Mythology
From the Western culture, it has been believed that this type of flower was created by the goddess of love, Aphrodite. According to the legend, her tears and her lover, Adonis’, blood watered the ground from where the red Roses grew. It was then a symbol of love until death.
Dasasahasra , 10,000
लक्ष 1 lakh
koti . 10,000,000
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Tyres are black
Rubber is made black by adding various chemicals, such as carbon black. This isn’t just for cosmetic reasons, but because adding chemicals like carbon black to the rubber drastically increases desirable qualities of the rubber. … Carbon black itself is simply nearly pure elemental carbon in colloidal particle form.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
18 April- World Heritage Day
This day is observed every year on 18 April to preserve the human heritage and recognise the efforts of all the relevant organisations in the field. This day was announced by the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) in 1982 and was approved by the General Assembly of UNESCO in 1983
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Dhondo Keshav Karve (18 April 1858 – 9 Nov 1962), popularly known as Maharshi Karve, was a social reformer in India in the field of women’s welfare.
In his honour, Queen’s Road in Mumbai (Bombay) was renamed to Maharshi Karve Road.
Karve was a pioneer in promoting widows’ education.
The Govt of India awarded him with the highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna, in 1958.
He was the first living Indian to appear on a postal stamp of India.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
He’s a chip off the old block
The son is like the father
Scatter x Collect
deduct ~ subtract
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Arjuna, the third of the Pandava brothers, took the form of Brihannala – a eunuch during the incognito (staying in disguise for a year)-agnathavasam- exile period in the Mahabharata. As Brihannala, Arjuna taught dance and music to Uttara, the daughter of King of Virata.
Arjuna did not need to act like Brihannala as he made use of a curse by Apsara Urvasi – the damsel in the court of Indra. Arjuna once did not show any interest to the sexual innuendos of Urvasi. Arjuna said “u work near my father Indra , so i feel like u r equal to my mother” .and refused her. The frustrated Apsara cursed him to be a eunuch. The curse was later changed by Indra to a year. Thus Arjuna used the curse during the incognito exile period and lived like a Eunuch.
Brihannala was the charioteer of Uttara Kumara who went to fight against the Kauravas. After the death of Kichaka, there was no one to defend the kingdom of Virata. Using this opportunity, Kauravas took away the cattle of Virata.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health Benefits of Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus Acts as Insect Repellent.
Get Relieves from Cough & Congestion Using steam from Eucalyptus leaves.
Eucalyptus Oil Massage Relaxes Sore Muscles.
Use Eucalyptus Oil for Joint & Muscle Pain.
Eucalyptus Cures Respiratory Problems
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼