𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
17 Oct (Sunday)
Titi: Dwadashi (up to 5:39 pm) Trayodashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- More than 97.63 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the country so far.
- CEO, NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), Amitabh Kant, today visited the tourist destination of Pahalgam in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district and chaired a meeting of tourism officers there.
- PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people in the country and abroad in the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on All India Radio on 24th of October. It will be the 82nd episode of the monthly radio programme.
- Haryana: Two more Nihang Sikh members were arrested by Haryana Police on Saturday in connection with the brutal murder of Dalit Sikh Lakhbir Singh making the total number of arrests in the case four.
- J&K: A gol-gappa hawker from Bihar and a carpenter from Uttar Pradesh were shot dead by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir today, in the ninth such killings of civilians in the past two weeks. The hawker, Arbind Kumar Sah, was shot at point-blank range in Srinagar. The carpenter from UP, Sagir Ahmad, was shot dead by terrorists in Pulwama.
- Two army soldiers including a JCO were martyred during search operations by the Army along with J&K Police in Nar Khas forest in Mendhar Sub Division of Poonch district, in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, on 16 Oct.
- A Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) Commander among two terrorists were neutralised in a gunfight between terrorists and security forces at Drangbal area in Pampore town of Pulwama district, in the Union Territory of J&K on 16 Oct. The slain Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) Commander identified as Umar Mustaq Khandey was involved in the killing of two police personnel at Baghaat in Srinagar & in other terror crimes.
- Kerala Rain Alert: At least five people have died in rain-related incidents and several are reported missing.
Heavy rain in parts of Kerala has triggered landslides in Idukki and Kottayam districts.
- Maharashtra : Pune airport will remain closed for fourteen days from October 16 to October 29 to complete the runway resurfacing work.
- UP : PM Modi will inaugurate seven new medical colleges in the state from Siddharthnagar district on October 25.
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin wrote a letter to PM Narendra Modi, seeking his intervention for securing the release of 23 Indian fishermen, who were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy.
- A team from 4/5 Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force) which represented the Indian Army at the prestigious Cambrian Patrol Exercise at Brecon, Wales, UK from 13th to 15th October 2021 has been awarded Gold medal. General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith, the Chief of General Staff of British Army presented the Gold Medal to the team members in a formal ceremony on 15 October 2021.
- The Indian Army team participated in the event and competed against a total of 96 teams which included 17 international teams representing Special Forces and prestigious Regiments from around the world.
- 29 nursing cadets commissioned as Lieutenants into Military Nursing Service on 14 Oct.ommissioning ceremony of the fourth batch of B.Sc. (H) Nursing, College of Nursing was held at Army Hospital (Research & Referral), AH (R&R), Delhi Cantt. Commandant, AH (R&R) Lt Gen Joy Chatterjee was the Chief Guest. Additional Director General of Military Nursing Service (MNS) Maj Gen Smita Devrani administered oath to the newly commissioned Nursing Officers.
- Two weeks long Indo-Sri Lanka joint military exercise Mitra Shakti culminates in Ampara, Sri Lanka. 8th Edition of the exercise between India and Sri Lanka was conducted from October 04 to 16, 2021.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah greeted the elite National Security Guard (NSG) force on its 37th raising day, saying it is a “world-class trained force to tackle all facets of terrorism” and the country is proud of its troops. The elite striking force, the NSG was established in 1984 after the Union Cabinet decided to create a ‘Federal Contingency Force’ that was ‘well trained to tackle various manifestations of terrorism.
- Every year, the Raising Day of the NSG is celebrated on October 16. This year marks the 37th anniversary of the establishment of the NSG, popularly known as Black Cats. NSG is a world-class trained force to tackle all facets of terrorism. This formidable force has left no stone unturned to live up to its motto ‘Sarvatra Sarvottam Suraksha’.
- Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane who is on a five day visit to Sri Lanka visited Headquarters of Sri Lankan Navy on 16 Oct and interacted with Commander of Sri Lankan Navy Vice Admiral Nishantha Ulugetenne and other senior officers.
- A 14-day military drill between India and the US has kicked off at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson in Alaska. The exercise, ‘Yudh Abhyaas’, aims at honing joint operational skills of the two militaries in mountainous terrains and cold conditions. The training schedule includes joint activities in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations.
- Born Today: Col. PLN Choudary (17 Oct 1921- 19 Apr 1979)was the first telugu officer to join RIMC in 1933 and Regular Army in 1941.
- UPSC NDA 2021 Exam on 14th Nov for Male & Female Candidates.
IMPORTANT NATIONALISED BANKS
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar will be on a five day official visit to Israel from 17 Oct at the invitation of Alternate Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Israel Yair Lapid. This will be his first visit to the country as External Affairs Minister. He will hold a bilateral meeting with the Alternate Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Israel
- The US will lift travel restrictions from November 8 for foreign nationals who have been fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated visitors will still be barred from entering the United States from Canada or Mexico at land borders.
- Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan will be on a five day official visit to Sudan and South Sudan from 18th of this month. This will be his first official visit to both the countries. He will hold talks important dignitaries on bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- International Monetary Fund IMF has commended India’s swift and substantial response to pandemic and noted that there is the possibility of a faster than expected recovery. The IMF has projected India’s economic growth at 9.5% in FY2021-22 and 8.5 per cent in 2022-23. Headline inflation is projected at 5.6% in 2021-22, amid elevated price pressures.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Nasa launched Lucy spacecraft, the first space mission to study the Trojans Asteroids. Lucy will journey for 12 years, observing one main belt asteroid and seven Trojan asteroids.
- China launched a three-person crew for a mission of six-month on board the Shenzhou-13 spaceship to its space station on October 16, 2021.
- South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Championship: India Beat Nepal 3-0 To Win 8th Title
: Sunil Chhetri equalled the iconic Lionel Messi with his 80th international strike as an inspired India blanked Nepal 3-0 for their eighth SAFF Championship title on 16 Oct (Saturday).
- The T20 World cup was to be organized by the ICC. The T20 World Cup 2021 will be started in UAE on 17 October 2021.
Starting Date 17 Oct 2021
Last match date 14 Nov 2021
Host Country UAE
- The T20 World Cup was earlier to be organized in India. But due to the increasing number of Covid 19 patients in the country, now all the matches will be held in UAE. The BCCI has also been chosen as the host in the UAE. So far, no team of any country has objected to being hosted by India. The matches will start from 17 October 2021.
- Matches on Oct 17
Oman vs Papua New Guinea
Al Almerat, Muscat
- Bangladesh vs Scotland @ 7.30pm
$USD 75.04 💷GBP 103.14
PM : Boris Johnson
Monarchy of UK : Queen Elizabeth II
🥇Gold GBP 41.29@01 gm 24 (Krt)
BSE Sensex 61,305.95
NIFTY : 18,338.55
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Jantar Mantar is located in the modern city of New Delhi. “Jantar Mantar” literally means “instruments for measuring the harmony of the heavens”. It consists of 13 architectural astronomy instruments. The site is one of five built by Maharaja Jai Singh II of Jaipur, from 1723 onwards, revising the calendar and astronomical tables.
The essential purpose of the Jantar Mantar was to accumulate astronomical tables which in turn would help predict the time and movement of the celestial bodies such as the sun, moon and other planets.
😀Thought of the day
If you cannot find the right words for the certain situation just give a smile. Words may confuse but a smile always convinces.
JOKE OF THE DAY
शराबी चाहे कितना भी अनपढ क्यों न हो,
Quarter के तीन पेग ऐसे बनाता है,
जैसे किसी प्रयोगशाला का बहुत बडा Scientist हो!!
why we don’t find our tea or coffee sweet once we have it after eating something relatively sweeter. ⁉️
When we eat a lot of sweets, your taste buds get used to that amount of sweetness. This is called sensory fatigue and happens with not just your taste buds but all of your senses.
Our sensory organs receive sensory forward information from them brain and the body acts on these messages. Once your brain becomes accustomed to a constant signal, it tends to ignore it, and focuses on looking for more pronounced changes. This is the reason why we don’t find our tea or coffee sweet once we have it after eating something relatively sweeter.
what are you doing
त्वम् किम् करोषि
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How a eagle can reach amazing heights without flapping their wings. 🦅
Ever watch a bird glide through the air effortlessly, rising higher and higher without ever flapping their wings? They do it by using a technique called thermal soaring. Birds can find hot, rising pockets of air and use the currents to stay aloft, and fly higher.
The Eagle bird is, as you said heavier than the chicken, but flies at a height of on an average of 3500 m. Even without flapping it can go on without decrease in height because it uses the force of warm-air below it. eagles which show flight rarely lasts longer than 4–6 hours.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
17 October – International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on 17 October every year. This day marks the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) on 20 November 1989.
7 Wonders of the World
- Great Wall of China (China)
- Christ the Redeemer Statue (Rio de Janeiro)
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- Chichen Itza (Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico)
- The Roman Colosseum (Rome)
- Taj Mahal (Agra, India)
- Petra (Jordan)
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Anil Kumble ( born 17 October 1970) is a former Indian cricketer, coach, commentator, who played Tests and ODIs for 18 years. A right-arm leg spin (leg break googly) bowler, he took 619 wickets in Test cricket and remains the third-highest wicket taker of all time (as of 2019, behind Muttiah Muralitharan and Shane Warne). He was nicknamed “Jumbo
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Ring a bell
Meaning : Sounds familiar
Example : Why does this name ring a bell in my head? Was this girl in my school?
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Shikhandi is a character in the Mahabharat epic. He was born a baby girl, named Shikandini,” to Drupada, the king of Panchala. Shikhandi fought in the Kurukshetra war for the Pandavas along with his father Drupada and brother Dhristadyumna. Shikhandi was born as a woman and later transformed into man.
Drupada and his wife desired to have a son worshipped lord Shiva. However lord Shiva told them that they will have a daughter and will become a man. Drupada brought up shikhandi like a boy and later got him married. His wife however realised soon who she was. Ashamed shikhandi left the palace and went to jungle where she met a yaksha named sthula. Feeling compassionate about her he decided to change sex but told her to return soon. Later another yaksha named kuber got to know everything and cursed sthula never to regain his sex. Sthula followers pleaded to set a time line as he had done out of compassion. Then kuber said after shikkhandi was dead he would become a man again.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Fenugreek or Methi seeds can immensely benefit in battling loose motions. Soak the fenugreek seeds in water for about 15 minutes. Grind them to a fine paste and mix in a glass of water to consume. You can also reduce dried fenugreek seeds to powder using a blender.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼