17 Nov (Thursday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Hemant (Prewinter)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Agrahayana / Margashirsha 09, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Magha (up to 9:20 pm) Purva Phalguni
Tithi: Ashtami (up to 7:57 am) Navami
RahuKaal: 01:33 PM – 02:54 PM
A Simple Exercise to reduce Back Pain https://youtu.be/3aqTl-0Rp5U
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu has said that women empowerment is essential to make India self-reliant and developed nation. Addressing a conference of Women’s Self Help Groups in Bhopal.
- ISRO is all set to make history by launching first-ever private Rocket from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on Friday.
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Wednesday chaired a high-level meeting on the preparations for the upcoming G20 Summit to be held in India next year 2023.
- Face masks no longer mandatory on flights: Ministry of Civil Aviation has said. But passengers should preferably use them amid the declining number of coronavirus cases.
- Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal addresses 43rd annual function od Consumer Electronics and Appliances Manufacturers Association CEAMA in New Delhi.
- Bharat Electronics signed an MoU with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for jointly developing the Indigenous Communication-based Train Control System (i-CBTC). i-CBTC, being indigenously developed for the first time in India, will enable unmanned operations of metro and trains.
- National Commission for Women (NCW) launches 4th phase of Digital Shakti campaign. NCW Chairperson Rekha Sharma has said that Digital Shakti Campaign has been accelerating the digital participation of women and girls.
- An International travelling exhibition “Vaccines Injecting Hope” was inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal at National Science Centre, NCSM in New Delhi.
- GUJARAT : Today is the last date for filing nomination papers for the second phase of polling. In the second phase, voting for the 93 seats will be held on 5th December.
- PM Modi inaugurates three-day Bengaluru Tech Summit through a video message yesterday; He Says India is emerging as the innovation hub of the world, with over 81 thousand recognised startups and over one thousand Research and Development centres of global majors.
- J&K : A massive fire gutted Jamia Masjid in Drass area of Kargil in Ladakh on Wednesday evening. According to official sources, fire broke out at Qadeem Hanfia Jamia Masjid Shareef and spread to cover the entire structure in a flash, burning it down completely. Army & Local people busy in controlling the Fire.
- PM Modi has expressed deep grief over the loss of lives due to the stone quarry collapse in Mizoram .
- TAMIL NADU :. Indian Railways has taken 216 delegates for month-long Kashi Tamil Sangamam from Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu on Wednesday. The Railways is running a total of 13 special services from Tamil Nadu to Kashi.
- UTTARAKHAND High Court will be shifted from Nainital to Haldwani. This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami.
- Uttarakhand cabinet has decided to made strict amendments in the conversion law, wherein forced conversion will now be a cognizable offence. with provision of 10 years of punishment under the new law. For this, a bill will be brought soon in the assembly.
- Government has appointed senior economist Dr. Arvind Virmani as a full-time member of the NITI Aayog.
- In India, National Newborn Week is celebrated every year from 15 to 21 November. The main purpose of celebrating this week is to raise awareness about the care of newborn babies.
- India’s national grid operator ‘Power System Operation Corporation Ltd (POSOCO)’ has announced that it has changed its name to ‘Grid Controller of India Ltd’.
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) bagged the Champion of Champions Award, sweeping the 16th PRCI Global Communication Conclave 2022, to bring home fourteen Corporate Communication Excellence Awards. The awards were presented at the Global Communication Conclave organised by Public Relations Council of India (PRCI) in Kolkata.
- An earthquake of 4.1 magnitude on the Richter scale occurred 27 kilometres from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh at 9:32 pm on Wednesday.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has appointed Professor Mandavi Singh as the first Vice-Chancellor of Bhatkhande Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya (BSVV) in Lucknow.
- 4 killed as A passenger mini truck rams into lorry in Andhra Pradesh
at Gandepalli village early on Wednesday morning.
- 35-year-old migrant worker from Bihar’s West Champaran, was found dead under mysterious circumstances near Srinagar in J&K on Tuesday evening.
- Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district, eight people died after an SUV fell into a gorge on Wednesday evening, according to the police. The incident took place at around 5:30 pm and rescue operation is currently underway.
💷 GBP ₹96.90
BSE Sensex : 61,980.72 +107.73 (0.17%) 🔼
NIFTY : 18,409.65 +6.25 (0.034%) 🔼
- International Financial Services Centres Authority, IFSCA and the Reserve Bank of India have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for collaboration in the field of regulation and supervision of regulated entities.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that the government has nominated Vivek Joshi to its director on central board.
- Mobile industry agrees to phased rollout of USB-C port for all smartphones: The government held a meeting with electronic industry organisations.
- India’s exports to the UAE rose by 17.6% to around $18 billion during April-October this fiscal, Commerce Ministry’s data showed. The free trade agreement between the countries was implemented on May 1.
- The government has received about ₹3,839 crore by selling a 1.5% stake shares in Axis Bank, which was held by Specified Undertaking of The Unit Trust of India. DIPAM Secretary Tuhin Kanta Pandey said.
CINEMA/ ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
- Tollywood actor Mahesh Babu’s father and veteran Tollywood superstar Ghattamaneni Sivarama Krishna, popularly known as Krishna has been laid to rest in Hyderabad with full state honours. He passed away in the wee hours of Tuesday, November 15.
- Bihar government will sign an Memorandum of understanding with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) to help artists from the state, handicrafts and several other ethnic arts to get international exposure.
- 65th Annual Grammy Awards to take place in Los Angeles. The Recording Academy has released the full list of nominees for the 65th Annual Grammy Awards.
- WhatsApp India head Abhijit Bose and Meta India’s director of public policy Rajiv Aggarwal have left the company.
- The iconic month-long Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of Battle of Walong culminated at Walong on 16 November 2022. Indian Army celebrated Diamond Jubilee of the Battle of Walong, an effulgent example of unique bravery, guts & sacrifice by the Indian Army against the Chinese aggression in Eastern Arunachal Pradesh.
- Sixty years ago during the 1962 Sino – India war, the Indian Army gave a bloody nose to the Chinese in the Battle of Walong. The Bravehearts of Indian Army halted the advancing PLA soldiers for 27 days which forced them to sidestep its reserve division from Tawang Sector to Walong.
- A two-day Strategic Seminar aimed to prepare the military commanders for future was organised at Srinagar on 15 and 16 Nov 2022.
- The 26th edition of the multinational maritime exercise MALABAR 22 between India & US culminated in the seas off Japan on 15 November 2022. This edition also marked the 30th anniversary of the exercise and was hosted by the JMSDF. The Indian Navy was represented by Eastern Fleet ships Shivalik. Malabar series of exercises began in 1992.
- The third edition of the ‘Pan-India’ Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil-22’ conducted from 15 to 16 November 2022. This National Level Coastal Defence Exercise was conceptualized in 2018 to validate various measures that have been instituted towards enhancing maritime security since ‘26/11’.
- Lance Naik Manju of Eastern Command has become the first woman soldier sky diver of Indian Army. She jumped on Tuesday from a height of 10,000 feet from ALH Dhruv helicopter. Sharing a video of the jump, Eastern Command tweeted, “This inspiring act…will set an example for other women in the Army.” Manju is from the Corps of Military Police.
- For the first time, six women officers have cleared the Defence Services Staff College examination.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- PM Modi asserts G20 will act as a catalyst for global change under India’s Presidency.
- PM Modi has left for Delhi after concluding his visit to Bali in Indonesia.
- India and France on Wednesday reviewed cooperation in defence, civil nuclear, trade, investment and new areas of economic engagement.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo symbolically hands over G20 Presidency to PM Modi. India will formally assume G20 Presidency from 1st December this year.
- The American space agency, Nasa, launched on 16 Nov its most powerful-ever rocket, as part of a plan to eventually return humans to the Moon.
- The 98 meter-tall Artemis vehicle climbed skyward in a stupendous mix of light and sound. It brings the United States a big step closer to putting astronauts back on the lunar surface for the first time since the end of the Apollo program 50 years ago. Twelve astronauts walked on the moon during six Apollo missions from 1969 to 1972.
- National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change and UNDP, jointly launched “In Our LiFEtime” campaign by India at COP 27.
- This campaign envisions to recognize youth between the ages of 18 to 23 years to become message bearers of sustainable lifestyles.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- G20 nations have expressed deep concern over the challenges posed to global food security exacerbated by current conflicts and tensions and expressed commitment to taking urgent actions to save lives, prevent hunger and malnutrition.
- Global Shield Fund coordinated by G7’s president Germany and the V20 group of climate-vulnerable countries, it aims to rapidly provide pre-arranged insurance and disaster protection funding after events such as floods, droughts and hurricanes hit.
- US Vice President Kamala Harris will next week visit the Philippine islands of Palawan, which are on the edge of areas contested by China in the South China Sea.
- Kuwait on Wednesday executed seven prisoners, triggering international criticism over the mass execution. The executed included one Kuwaiti woman, three Kuwaiti men, a Pakistani man, a Syrian man and an Ethiopian woman. Though the administration confirmed the executions, it didn’t say which method was used.
- Sports Ministry has approved wrestler Vinesh Phogat’s proposal to train in Belmeken, Bulgaria under Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS). This will cover Vinesh and her physio’s flight, accommodation, local travel, and food costs among others.
- Star Indian paddler Achanta Sharath Kamal has become the first player from India to get elected in the Athletes’ Commission of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF).
- Eight athletes including four male and four female, were elected from Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania and will serve in the Athletes’ Commission for four years from 2022 to 2026.
- India won four more Gold medals in air pistol events to take their gold tally to 17 in the Asian Airgun Championshipin at Daegu in Korea. Shiva Narwal won the men’s 10m air pistol, while Sagar Dangi picked up the junior men’s gold.
- Kenyan Runner Keneth Kiprop Renju, winner of the Prague half-marathon in April, has been banned for five-year as the latest in a long list of Kenyan athletes suspended for suspected doping.
Frmn : 16 May 1975
Govrnr: Ganga Prasad
CM: Prem Singh Tamang (SKM)
Districts : 6
🥇Gold ₹ 52,300 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 67,100 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 103/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,095/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
From Kannada ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು (beṅgaḷūru). The source of the name Bengaluru is usually attributed to Benga-val-ooru (City of Guards) in Old Kannada or Benda-kaal-ooru (Town of Boiled Beans) from Kannada folklore.
Bangalore is famous being the Silicon Valley of India, Karnataka’s capital city is a well known IT hub and some of the world’s major It corporations operate out of the city. Apart from MNCs, Bangalore is also home to many startups and Indian tech companies.
😀Thought of the day
Lotus is a symbol of purity with roots in the mud, the flower remains in the dirty water. Live like the lotus, be in the world but unaffected by the negetivity.
JOKE OF THE DAY
पति* (करवा चौथ की रात पत्नी से) – पूरा साल लड़ती रहती हो… जब मैं इतना ही खराब हूं तो भगवान से अगले जन्म के लिए क्यों मांग रही हो?
पत्नी (तुनक कर) – अच्छा बड़े सयाने हो… इतना सुधारने के बाद किसी और को दे दूं…!!!
Why can’t animals talk?
The Broca’s area in the cerebrum of our brain is closely associated with speech comprehension. This part of the brain is less developed, or absent, in other animals. Therefore, it is said to confer upon us the ability to talk. There is also the presence of certain pathways found only in some animals, humans among them. These pathways are supposed to be instrumental in our vocal abilities. The other groups of animals who are said to possess these pathways are birds, like hummingbirds, songbirds and parrots, as well as mammals like bats and cetaceans.
Parrots can mimic the sound made by humans.
these do not understand the meaning of these words.
निश्चित्वा यः प्रक्रमते नान्तर्वसति कर्मणः ।*
अवन्ध्यकालो वश्यात्मा स वै पण्डित उच्यते ॥
niścitvā yaḥ prakramate nāntarvasati karmaṇaḥ ।
avandhyakālo vaśyātmā sa vai paṇḍita ucyate ॥
Whose endeavors are preceded by a firm commitment, who does not take long rests before the task is accomplished, who does not waste time and who has control over his/her mind is wise.
जिनके प्रयास एक दृढ़ प्रतिबद्धता से शुरु होते हैं, जो कार्य पूर्ण होने तक ज्यादा आराम नहीं करते हैं, जो समय बर्बाद नहीं करते हैं और जो अपने विचारों पर नियंत्रण रखते हैं वह बुद्धिमान है ।
प्रचलित : Popular
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do animals see in the dark?*
Nocturnal hunters like owls and cats eyes are tubular, rather than spherical, with a very large lens positioned close to the retina. This structure allows a lot of light to register on the retina.
Many nocturnal animals have a mirror-like layer, called the tapetum, behind the retina, which helps them make the most of small amounts of light. Light that passes through the retina is reflected off the tapetum, giving the retinal cells a second chance to sense it. This makes some animals’ eyes shine in the glare of car headlights. The color you see is the pigment on the inner layer of the retina.
At the heart of all vision is the retina, which contains two types of light-sensing cells: rods and cones. Cones account for color vision but require bright, focused light, whereas rods can sense very dim, scattered light, but don’t produce a color image.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
17 November – National Epilepsy Day*
National Epilepsy Day is observed on 17 November to focus on the epilepsy disease, its symptoms, and prevention. Let us tell you that Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of the brain which is characterised by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’. It can affect people of any age and people in different age groups have unique concerns and problems.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Yusuf Pathan (born 17 November 1982) is an Indian International cricketer. Pathan made his debut in first-class cricket in 2001/02. His younger brother Irfan Pathan is also an Indian cricketer.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A dime a dozen*
Something which is very common
Molest× Console, soothe
Molest : harass, tease
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why Lord Shiva Is Worshipped In Sawan Month
Sawan month is considered to be quite auspicious. It is also considered to be the favourite month of Lord Shiva. Devotees of Lord Shiva, Many mythological stories associated with it. One such story is of Samundra Manthan (the churning of the ocean). When Gods and demons were churning the ocean to gain the divine Amrit (nectar), the first thing that came out was Halahal, a deadly poison. Moreover, if this Halahal wasn’t consumed then it could destroy the whole universe. So everyone pleaded Lord Shiva to suggest something. , Lord Shiva kept that poison in his throat only. He didn’t let it reach his stomach as his stomach represents the Universe. This turned his neck blue and since then Lord Shiva is known as ‘Neelkanth’.
Moreover, after this, the next month that came was Sawan and during this month, Earth receives plenty of rainfall which ensures that the temperature is cool and pleasant. Thus people started worshipping Lord Shiva during this month for not only saving the universe from Poison (Halahal) but also to offer Him things that would provide Him the necessary cold and comfort.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Turmeric* and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits.
- It helps your body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
- Turmeric Dramatically Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body.
- Turmeric Aids In Digestion
When consumed raw while suffering from a digestive problem, turmeric can help manage the condition. The major components of the spice stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, instantly making the digestive system more efficient. It is also known to reduce symptoms of bloating and gas.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼