𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
17 Nov (Wednesday)
Month: Kartika 28 (Purnimata)
Month: Kartika 13 (Amanta)
Titi: Trayodashi (up to 9:50 am) Chaturdashi
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calender (Ujjain)
TODAY’s TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID vaccination coverage crosses 113 crore 61 lakh mark.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the Health Pavilion at India International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The Minister reached the venue by driving bicycle to generate awareness and promote a healthy active lifestyle in view of the rising burden of Non-Communicable Diseases, NCDs in the country. The theme of this year’s Health Pavilion is to create awareness about lifestyle diseases, and importance of total health.
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya urged the NGOs, civil societies and development partners to strengthen Prime Minister’s Har Ghar Dastak campaign. Akshay Patra Foundation had distributed 50,000 Raksha kits to beneficiaries .
- Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Giriraj Singh inaugurated ‘Bhumi Samvaad’ – National Workshop on Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) in New Delhi on 16 Nov. On this occasion, the Minister also launched National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) portal and Dashboard. which is advanced software application for the registration system.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur called upon journalists to make all efforts to curb the menace of fake news and fake narratives. Wishing media fraternity on National Press Day yesterday, he said, the Government of India on its part has taken measures like establishment of Fact Check Unit at PIB, which has gained in popularity.
- CBI conducts searches across India on allegations related to Online Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. around 76 locations across the country in 14 States and Union Territories. CBI registered 23 separate cases on 14th of November. Two years back, the CBI set up an On-line Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation(OCSAE) Prevention and Investigation Unit at New Delhi under its Special Crime Zone.
- 1989 batch IFS officer Saurabh Kumar appointed as Secretary (East) in Ministry of External Affairs.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation on Tuesday allowed airlines to serve meals, magazines and reading materials on all domestic flights. Earlier, the airlines were not allowed to serve meals on flights with a duration less than two hours owing to COVID-19.
ICC T20 WORLD CUP video link for UPSC Exams
- Andhra Pradesh: Chief Minister Jaganmohan Reddy has directed officials to make the 46,000km-stretch of state roads pothole-free by June, 2022.
- DELHI : All schools and colleges in Delhi-NCR will remain shut until further notice as a result of poor air quality. Additionally, government and private offices have been advised to allow 50 per cent of the staff to work from home till November 21.
- MAHARASHTRA : Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Mumbai Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede on Tuesday met Mumbai Commissioner of Police Hemant Nagrale. The NCB under Wankhede had conducted raids in Cordelia cruise ship bound from Mumbai to Goa probing an alleged rave party on October 2 and had arrested 8 including actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan. The case has now been transferred to NCB SIT from Sameer Wankhede. The case was transferred keeping in view the allegations of corruption and extortion levelled against Wankhede.
- TELANGANA : CM K. Chandrashekar Rao has set the deadline of November 18 for the BJP-led government at the Centre to make its stand clear whether it will purchase paddy from Telangana or not in the rabi season. The CM announced to hold a ‘Maha Dharna’ on November 18 at Dharna Chowk near Indira Park with all Cabinet ministers, TRS MLAs, MLCs, MPs and other elected representatives to step up pressure on the Centre to procure paddy from Telangana.
- UTTAR PRADESH : PM Modi inaugurates Purvanchal Expressway at Karwal Kheri in Sultanpur district of Uttar Pradesh,.
- After the inauguration, Indian Air Force fighter (IAF) aircraft showcased their prowess through an air show on the airstrip built on the expressway. Fighter planes like Mirage 2000, Sukhoi, Jaguar and Surya Kiran’s displayed the power of the airforce.
- The 341 km long Poorvanchal expressway starts from village Chandsarai, in district Lucknow and ends at village Haidaria of Ghazipur located on National Highway No. 31 and it is just 18 km east of UP-Bihar border. The expressway is 6-lane wide which can be expanded to 8-lane in future. Constructed at an estimated cost of about Rs 22500 crore. 8 petrol stations and 4 CNG stations will be established at the expressway. Charging for electric vehicles will also start on the expressway. The journey on the expressway will be free for some days now.
- WEST BENGAL : Representing the Centre, Attorney General KK Venugopal took objection to a suit filed by West Bengal government challenging the Calcutta High Court decision to order a CBI probe into cases of murder and crimes against women that allegedly took place during post-poll violence in the State. The West Bengal government has added the Central government as party to the suit filed against CBI but not added CBI as a party. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is a statutorily maintained body and cannot be interfered with even by the Central Government he said.
- West Bengal Minister of State for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Shantanu Thakur has directed to expedite the Seaplane project and Development of Passenger Jetties in West Bengal. The minister also directed development of Ro-Ro and Cargo Transportation on the Icchamoti River.
- RBI withdraws more than hundred redundant circulars following recommendations made by Regulations Review Authority. It may be recalled that the RBI had formed the Regulations Review Authority (RRA 2.0) in April this year to review the regulatory instructions, remove redundant and duplicate instructions, reduce the compliance burden on regulated entities by streamlining reporting structure. It was also envisaged that the RRA will engage internally as well as externally with all regulated entities and other stakeholders to facilitate this process.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s Akasa Air signed a deal with Boeing for 72 fuel-efficient 737 MAX airplanes on Tuesday. The new Indian carrier’s order, valued at nearly $9 billion, includes 737-8 and high-capacity 737-8-200 airplanes
IFFI to pay tribute to actor Sean Connery, to screen 5 of his films
52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will be paying respect to late Hollywood actor Sean Connery by screening five of his movies. ‘The Hunt For Red October’ (1990), ‘From Russia with Love’ (1963), ‘Goldfinger’ (1964), ‘You Only Live Twice’ (1967), and ‘The Untouchables’ (1987) will be screened. Out of five, three films are part of the ‘James Bond’ franchise.
- Director General of Border Roads Lt Gen Rajeev Chaudhry received the Guinness World Records certificate for the achievement of Border Roads Organisation of constructing and black topping the world’s highest motorable road.
- It has been constructed at 19,024 feet at Umlingla Pass in Ladakh. Official adjudicator of the Guinness World Records Rishi Nath acknowledged this remarkable achievement in a virtual ceremony.
- Indian Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane, on the first day of his maiden visit to Israel, received the country’s guard of honour on Monday. The COAS on Sunday proceeded on his maiden visit to Israel during which he is slated to meet the country’s senior military and civilian leadership to discuss avenues for further enhancing Indo-Israel defence relations.
The Navy’s plan to have a force with 170 ships by 2027 has suffered delays, for various reasons, but it is still moving ahead with the same objective in its perspective planning and has catered for a third aircraft carrier in it, Vice Chief of the Naval Staff Satish Namdeo Ghormade said. The Navy has developed indigenous designs in-house for over 57 years, including small craft to the aircraft carrier, building over 90 ships.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Kartarpur Sahib Corridor to re-open from today (17 Nov). The nation is all set to celebrate the Prakash Utsav of Guru Nanak Dev ji on the 19th of this month.
- The Kartarpur Corridor is a visa-free border crossing and corridor, connecting the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan to the border with India. The crossing allows devotees from India to visit the gurdwara in Kartarpur, 4.7 kilometres (2.9 miles) from the India–Pakistan border on the Pakistani side without a visa. However Pakistani Sikhs are unable to use the border crossing, and cannot access Dera Baba Nanak on the Indian side without first obtaining an Indian visa or unless they work there.
- Newly appointed US Special Representative for Afghanistan Thomas West, visited New Delhi ob 16 Nov and called on National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Foreign Secretary Harsh V Shringla. The discussions focussed on the current developments in Afghanistan.
- Foreign Secy Harsh Vardhan Shringla also had a telephone conversation with Secretary General of European External Action Service EEAS of the European Union Stefano Sannino on 16 Nov.
- They discussed India and the European Union EU’s common approaches to developments and priorities in Afghanistan. Both sides stressed the importance of preventing Afghanistan from being used as a base for terrorism and on the status of the rights of women, children and minorities in Afghanistan.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- China Is Now World’s Richest Nation, Ahead Of US: Net worth worldwide rose to $514 trillion in 2020, from $156 trillion in 2000, according to the study. China accounted for almost one-third of the increase. Its wealth skyrocketed to $120 trillion from a mere $7 trillion in 2000, the year before it joined the World Trade Organization, speeding its economic ascent.
- Gas cylinder explosion kills at least 5 in Nigeria’s Lagos:: At least five people, including a child, were killed in a gas cylinder explosion in Lagos, Nigeria’s biggest city, on Tuesday, according to an emergency services official. Authorities suspect one of the cylinders exploded as a result of a fire close to the gas shop. A fire sparked by the explosion destroyed three shops.
- US-China engagement to intensify to avoid conflict:
US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan on Tuesday said America’s engagement with China will intensify at multiple levels to ensure that competition between the two powers does not veer into conflict. The comment came hours after a virtual summit between US President Joe Biden and Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping. Biden and Xi talked for over three hours during their meeting.
- The South African government has withdrawn its support from Miss South Africa pageant organisers for refusing to boycott the Miss Universe contest in Israel. Pro-Palestine bodies have urged Lalela Mswane, who was crowned Miss South Africa in 2021, and the pageant organisers to boycott the December event. South Africa has a history of supporting the Palestinian cause.
- The Indian para-badminton team is safe after bombs went off 100 metres away from their hotel in Kampala, Uganda, on Tuesday. A big contingent, including 54 players who are competing in the tournament are safe.
- India vs New Zealand: India look to put behind the disappointment of an early T20 World Cup exit as they eye a fresh template and better workload management. With a new coach and captain at the helm, India face Tim Southee-led New Zealand in the T20I series opener in Jaipur on Wednesday.
INDIA V NEW ZEALAND 2021
17 November 19:00 IST
1st T20I Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur
- Sindhu, Lakshya enter 2nd round of Indonesia Masters
Two-time Olympic medallist PV Sindhu and fellow Indian Lakshya Sen entered second round of Indonesia Masters Super 750 on Tuesday. Third seed Sindhu beat Thailand’s Supanida Katethong 21-15, 21-19 in women’s singles. Lakshya defeated world number 10 Kanta Tsuneyama 21-17, 18-21, 21-17 in men’s singles. Lakshya will face top seed and two-time world champion Kento Momota in second round.
$USD 74.36 💷GBP 99.94
CM : Basavaraj Bommai
Gvnr : Thawar Chand Gehlot
🥇Gold ₹51,080 @10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 100.58
⛽ Diesel ₹ 85.01
LPG : ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 69,322.37
NIFTY : 17,999.20
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
From Kannada ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು (beṅgaḷūru). The source of the name Bengaluru is usually attributed to Benga-val-ooru (City of Guards) in Old Kannada or Benda-kaal-ooru (Town of Boiled Beans) from Kannada folklore.
Bangalore is famous being the Silicon Valley of India, Karnataka’s capital city is a well known IT hub and some of the world’s major It corporations operate out of the city. Apart from MNCs, Bangalore is also home to many startups and Indian tech companies.
😀Thought of the day
Lotus is a symbol of purity with roots in the mud, the flower remains in the dirty water. Live like the lotus, be in the world but unaffected by the negetivity
JOKE OF THE DAY
पति (करवा चौथ की रात पत्नी से) – पूरा साल लड़ती रहती हो… जब मैं इतना ही खराब हूं तो
भगवान से अगले जन्म के लिए क्यों मांग रही हो?
पत्नी (तुनक कर) – अच्छा बड़े सयाने हो… इतना सुधारने के बाद किसी और को दे दूं…!!!
Why can’t animals talk?
The Broca’s area in the cerebrum of our brain is closely associated with speech comprehension. This part of the brain is less developed, or absent, in other animals. Therefore, it is said to confer upon us the ability to talk. There is also the presence of certain pathways found only in some animals, humans among them. These pathways are supposed to be instrumental in our vocal abilities. The other groups of animals who are said to possess these pathways are birds, like hummingbirds, songbirds and parrots, as well as mammals like bats and cetaceans.
Parrots can mimic the sound made by humans.
these do not understand the meaning of these words.
निश्चित्वा यः प्रक्रमते नान्तर्वसति कर्मणः ।
अवन्ध्यकालो वश्यात्मा स वै पण्डित उच्यते ॥
niścitvā yaḥ prakramate nāntarvasati karmaṇaḥ ।
avandhyakālo vaśyātmā sa vai paṇḍita ucyate ॥
Whose endeavors are preceded by a firm commitment, who does not take long rests before the task is accomplished, who does not waste time and who has control over his/her mind is wise.
जिनके प्रयास एक दृढ़ प्रतिबद्धता से शुरु होते हैं, जो कार्य पूर्ण होने तक ज्यादा आराम नहीं करते हैं, जो समय बर्बाद नहीं करते हैं और जो अपने विचारों पर नियंत्रण रखते हैं वह बुद्धिमान है ।
प्रचलित : Popular
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How do animals see in the dark?
Nocturnal hunters like owls and cats eyes are tubular, rather than spherical, with a very large lens positioned close to the retina. This structure allows a lot of light to register on the retina.
Many nocturnal animals have a mirror-like layer, called the tapetum, behind the retina, which helps them make the most of small amounts of light. Light that passes through the retina is reflected off the tapetum, giving the retinal cells a second chance to sense it. This makes some animals’ eyes shine in the glare of car headlights. The color you see is the pigment on the inner layer of the retina.
At the heart of all vision is the retina, which contains two types of light-sensing cells: rods and cones. Cones account for color vision but require bright, focused light, whereas rods can sense very dim, scattered light, but don’t produce a color image.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
17 November – National Epilepsy Day
National Epilepsy Day is observed on 17 November to focus on the epilepsy disease, its symptoms, and prevention. Let us tell you that Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of the brain which is characterised by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’. It can affect people of any age and people in different age groups have unique concerns and problems.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Ramasamy Ganesan (16 November 1919 – 21 March 2005), better known by his stage name Gemini Ganesan, was an Indian film actor who worked mainly in Tamil cinema. He was nicknamed “Kadhal Mannan” (King of Romance) for the romantic roles he played in films. Ganesan was one of the “three biggest names of Tamil cinema”, the other two being M.G. Ramachandran (known by his initials as MGR) and Sivaji Ganesan
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A dime a dozen
Something which is very common
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why Lord Shiva Is Worshipped In Sawan Month
Sawan month is considered to be quite auspicious. It is also considered to be the favourite month of Lord Shiva. Devotees of Lord Shiva, Many mythological stories associated with it. One such story is of Samundra Manthan (the churning of the ocean). When Gods and demons were churning the ocean to gain the divine Amrit (nectar), the first thing that came out was Halahal, a deadly poison. Moreover, if this Halahal wasn’t consumed then it could destroy the whole universe. So everyone pleaded Lord Shiva to suggest something. , Lord Shiva kept that poison in his throat only. He didn’t let it reach his stomach as his stomach represents the Universe. This turned his neck blue and since then Lord Shiva is known as ‘Neelkanth’.
Moreover, after this, the next month that came was Sawan and during this month, Earth receives plenty of rainfall which ensures that the temperature is cool and pleasant. Thus people started worshipping Lord Shiva during this month for not only saving the universe from Poison (Halahal) but also to offer Him things that would provide Him the necessary cold and comfort.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits.
- It helps your body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
- Turmeric Dramatically Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body
- Turmeric Aids In Digestion
When consumed raw while suffering from a digestive problem, turmeric can help manage the condition. The major components of the spice stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, instantly making the digestive system more efficient. It is also known to reduce symptoms of bloating and gas.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼