17 May (Tuesday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Jyeshta 1, (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 17(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Anuradha (up to 10:46 am) Jyeshta
Titi: Pratipada (up to 6:25 am)Dwitiya, Tritiya
RahuKaal: 03:40 PM – 05:19 PM
- THOMAS CUP : A proud moment in Indian sports history,
- PM Modi will address a programme marking Silver Jubilee Celebrations of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, TRAI on 17 May at 11 A.M. through video conferencing. He will also release a postal stamp to commemorate the occasion..
- India Meteorological Department has said that the heatwave will not affect Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, and Delhi from 17 May. The temperature has started to fall 3 to 5 degrees in this region.
- ARUNACHAL Govt Plans India’s Second-Largest Dam On Brahmaputra In Arunachal Pradesh, To Counter China’s River Diversion Plans.
- BIHAR : JD (U) fields Anil Hegde as its candidate for Bye-Election in Bihar.
- HIMACHAL PRADESH : Forest fire breaks out at air force station in Kasauli.
- J&K : LG Manoj Sinha dedicates 14th Edition of ‘Awaam Ki Awaaz’ radio broadcast to Citizens and Panchayats; also asks people to revive water bodies.
- JHARKHAND : Pooja Singhal, who was serving as the Jharkhand mining secretary before being suspended, was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with a money laundering case linked to alleged embezzlement of MGNREGA funds in Khunti district of the state.
- KERALA : IMD has withdrawn the red alert issued in five districts of Kerala. As per the latest rainfall forecast for Kerala and Lakshadweep, an orange alert has been issued in the districts of Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur, and Kasargod,
- Kerala: Health Department sounded alert against outbreak of dengue ahead of monsoon.
- MAHARASHTRA : Wardha became hottest district with temperature rising 46.5 degree Celsius.
- RAJASTHAN : Ramgarh Vishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan, notified as 52nd Reserve Forest for Wild cats.
- TELANGANA : Hyderabad-based vaccine pharmaceutical company, Biological E. Limited, on 15 May announced that it has reduced the price of its COVID-19 vaccine, CORBEVAX, from 840 to 250 rupees a dose inclusive of GST, for Private Vaccination Centres.
- TRIPURA : Eleven new cabinet ministers of CM Manik Saha-led govt takes oath at Raj Bhavan.
- UTTAR PRADESH: Gyanvapi Mosque Case: Varanasi Civil Court orders to seal area where Shivling has been found. It is claimed that the Gyanvapi Mosque was constructed after the temple was demolished by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in 1669.
The name of the mosque is derived from an adjoining well, the Gyan Vapi (“Well of Knowledge”).
💷 GBP ₹95.82
BSE Sensex 52,973.84
NIFTY : 15,842.30
Dancer and actor Raghav Juyal will be a part of Salman Khan’s upcoming film ‘Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali’.
- Two frontline warships of Indian Navy to be launched in Mumbai on 17 May
- The Indian Navy’s two frontline warships SURAT , and UDAYGIRI will be launched concurrently at Mazgaon Docks Limited (MDL),
- The Ministry of Defence approved the new scales of accommodation for military officers and jawans earlier this week. Under this, the security personnel would get better and bigger furnished houses laced with cutting edge amenities. The last such review was done in 2009.
- The Military Engineering Services (MES), which is the construction arm of all the three defence forces and the Indian Coast Guard, will carry out the construction and renovation works.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Vikrant, the Navy’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC-1), is undergoing lengthy sea trials, after which it will enter operational service late this year. With the 45 Russian MiG-29K/KUB fighters notorious for their unreliability, the Navy plans to urgently procure 26 multi-role carrier-borne fighters (MRCBF) from an international vendor, so that INS Vikrant has more strike options besides the unreliable MiG-29s.
NOTIFICATION : Indian Army is recruiting for the post of Technical Graduates.
As per the notification, the candidates have to submit their online applications to get registered from 11th May 2022 to 09th June 2022.
20 years to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2023. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 1996 and 01 Jan 2003, both dates inclusive).
Note : Cumulative percentage of marks upto 6th semester/3rd year of Engg degree,
upto 8th semester/4th year of B. Architecture (B.Arch) and upto 2nd semester/1st year of M.Sc in notified equivalent stream/ discipline is not below the approved cut off percentage in their respective streams.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- India and Nepal, signed six Memorandum of Understanding and Agreements related to education and hydropower sectors.
a. Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) and Lumbini Buddhist University on the establishment of Dr. Ambedkar Chair for Buddhist Studies.
b. MoU : Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) and CNAS, Tribhuvan University on the establishment of ICCR Chair of Indian Studies
c. Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) and Kathmandu University (KU) on the establishment of the ICCR Chair of Indian Studies
d. Memorandum of Understanding [in collaboration] between Kathmandu University (KU), Nepal and Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), India
e. Letter of Agreement (LoA) between Kathmandu University (KU), Nepal and Indian Institute of Technology (IITM), India [ For Joint degree program at Master’s level]
f. Agreement between SJVN Ltd and Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) for Development.
- PM Modi on 16 May said that in the ongoing situation in the world, the friendship between India and Nepal is set to benefit the entire humanity, during PM Modi’s visit to Lumbini.
- PM Modi takes part in Buddha Jayanti celebrations at Mayadevi temple in Nepal’s Lumbini; he also hold bilateral meeting with PM Deuba and also offers prayers in Mahaparinirvana Mandir.
- India slams Organisation of Islamic Cooperation for its comments on Delimitation Exercise in J&K
- President Ram Nath Kovind has arrived in Jamaica for a state visit, the first by any Indian President to the Caribbean country, during which he will hold talks with his counterpart Governor-General Patrick Allen and Prime Minister Andrew Holness.
- India has registered its strong protest with the Govt of Pakistan on continued targeting of members of the minority community in Pakistan. In response to media queries on target killing of two Sikh traders in Peshawar of Pakistan.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- In Sri Lanka, curfew has be imposed from May 16 till 5 am on May 17, 2022, the President’s Media Division said.
- Pakistan govt decided to abolish China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority.
- Pakistan’s new airline Fly Jinnah to start operations by June
INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals,
Delhi Capitals won by 17 runs
DC – 159/7 (20)
PBKS – 142/9 (20)
Player of the Match
- May 17, Tuesday
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
65th Match at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Novak Djokovic wins Italian Open, clinches his record-extending 38th Masters 1000 title.
Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-0, 7-6(7-5) in the final of the Italian Open on 15 May to clinch a record-extending 38th ATP Masters 1000 title. It is Djokovic’s first title victory of the year.
Statehood 26 Jan 1950
Gvnr : Phagu Chauhan
CM : Nitish Kumar
Dist : 38
🥇Gold ₹50,520 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹59,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹116.79/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹101.59/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,090/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
On May 16, 2022, the Sikkim Government celebrates its 47th Statehood Day. Every year Sikkim celebrates its State Day in May 16 as the state came into existence on this day in 1975.
After India became independent in 1947, Sikkim continued to enjoy the protectorate status with the republic of India. However, in 1973, anti-royalist riots occurred in the state. The monarch was eventually deposed in 1975. A referendum led to the state joining India. Sikkim was the 22nd state to join Union of India. Sikkim borders three countries namely China, Bhutan and Nepal.
😀Thought of the day
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving
JOKE OF THE DAY
Admi mirch🌶️ ki tarah tikha🥵 aur tej hota hai
Magar mirch kitne bhi tej kyo na ho-aurat uska
achar 🥫dal deti hai🤪
Why can’t we breathe under water.?
When you breathe in air, the air travels from your nose, down your trachea (windpipe), and into your lungs.
As the lungs branch into smaller and smaller airways, the end in specialized sacs called alveolae. Here, oxygen passes through the lung membranes into the bloodstream, and waste products like carbon dioxide flow out of the blood and into the air, and are subsequently expelled when you breathe out.
Fish also need oxygen to live, but their lungs are not designed to extract oxygen from the air. Instead, by passing the water through their specialized organs (called gills), they can remove the oxygen and eliminate waste gases.
Since humans do not have gills, we cannot extract oxygen from water. Some marine mammals, like whales and dolphins, do live in water, but they don’t breathe it. They have developed a mechanism to hold their breath for long periods of time underwater. Eventually, however, they have to come to the surface to exhale and then take a new breath.
When do you get up? ‘bhavan kada uttishthati? (भवान् कदा उत्तिष्ठति)?’
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW DO PARACHUTES WORK?
A parachute works by forcing air into the front of it and creating a structured ‘wing’ under which the canopy pilot can fly. Parachutes are controlled by pulling down on steering lines which change the shape of the wing, cause it to turn, or to increase or decrease its rate of descent.
Parachutes are packed into their containers so the cells are pointing forward. As the parachute deploys, air is allowed to rush in immediately. Slight variances in the way the parachute is packed can result in off-heading openings, but the design of the parachute means it will always fly front-first.
When the skydiver comes into the landing, they use the steering toggles to slow the parachute’s descent to a minimum, facilitating a soft touch down.
All skydivers jump with two parachutes – a main and a reserve. The reason is obviously safety-driven – the main parachute may work 999 times out of 1,000, but there is still a chance of things not going to plan. A user error during the packing process might be the cause or a problem with the parachute itself.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
17 May – World Telecommunication Day
Telecommunication Day is observed every year on 17 May. It marks the founding of ITU when the first International Telegraph Convention was signed in Paris on 17 May, 1865. It is also known as World Telecommunication and International Society Day. Since 1969, it has been celebrated annually
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Govind Sakharam Sardesai (17 May 1865 – 29 November 1959), popularly known as Riyasatkar Sardesai, was a historian from Maharashtra, India. Through his Riyasats written in Marathi, Sardesai presented an account of over 1,000 years of the Indian history until 1848.
He also wrote the three-volume New History of Marathas in English
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Kill two birds with one stone
Get two things done with a single action
Despair x Hope
migrant ~ drifting
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Shri Narada Munni was the messenger of God and an important Vedic sage. Narada Jayanti is observed in Krishna Paksha of the Vaisakh month.
Sage Narada would travel through different lokas that is aakash, paatal and prithvi, communicating information and singing with instrument veena in his hand.He is considered one of the seven Manas sons of Brahma, who has the gift of immortality.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Coriander leaves and turmeric powder face pack for blackheads
Blend coriander leaves with two teaspoons of turmeric powder to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your face and keep it overnight. Wash it off the next morning with cold water. Follow this routine at least twice a week to get rid of blackheads easily
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼