Today’s top news:
- The World’s highest Bridge called the “Chenab Bridge” in Jammu & Kashmir has completed a major milestone after the engineers completed the arch bottom of the bridge on 14 March 2021.
- The Chenab river is having a central span of 467 mtr. It is being built at the height of 359 mtr from river bed. The bridge is even higher than the Qutub Minar in Delhi 72 mtr in ht and the Eiffel Tower in Paris which is having the ht of 324 mtr.
- A 7 yr old boy from Hyderabad Virat Chandra became one of the youngest people to scale Mount Kilimanjaro Africa’s tallest mountain . He climbed the mountain peak with his coach.
- The Rajya Sabha has approved the “National Institute of Food Technology Bill, 2019” on 15 March 2021. The bill also provides for the functions of the institutes like to hold the exams & grant degrees, diplomas, certificates & other academic distinctions.
- AICC Puducherry in-charge Dinesh Gundu Rao has confirmed that former Chief Minister V Narayanasamy, who recently lost power following a no-confidence motion, will not contest the elections . The former Rajya Sabha MP had earlier said that he would vacate the Nellithope seat which he won in 2016 by-polls.
- Bihar govt. has announced a restriction on playing obscene/vulgar songs in public transport vehicles
- Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy has attacked the Congress party on the issue of violation of human rights and misuse of sedition law.
- Indian Railways will never be privatised; investments in sector welcome: Union Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said.
- The parliament passed a Bill that seeks to raise the upper limit for abortions for certain cases from 20 to 24 weeks for certain categories of women. Presently, abortion requires a mandatory opinion of one doctor if it is done within 12 weeks of conception and two doctors if it is done between 12 and 20 weeks.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday accused Union Home Minister Amit Shah of hatching a conspiracy to harass TMC leaders ahead of the Assembly elections in the state and wondered whether the Election Commission is working as per his instructions
- COVID-19: The curfew will now remain in force in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara and Rajkot from 10 pm to 6 am.
- Banaras Hindu University students on Tuesday (March 16) staged a protest against the proposed appointment of Nita Ambani, chairperson of the Reliance Foundation, as a visiting faculty on the campus.
- Ahead of upcoming Kerala Assembly polls, former Congress leader PC Chacko joined Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
- The National Investigation Agency which is probing the case related to the recovery of an SUV with explosives near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s house searched arrested police official Sachin Waze’s office in Mumbai.
- Students of Banaras Hindu University sat outside the Vice Chancellor’s residence to mark their protest. They demanded that the University not be “privatised”. Protest also against Nita Ambani’s appointment as visiting faculty.
- The Marine Aids to Navigation Bill 2021 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 15 March 2021. The bill seeks to provide a fresh framework to establish & manage the vessel traffic services. It also seeks to use the term “marine aids to navigation” instead of “lighthouse”.
- Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
- COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 3.17 crore.
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Bangladesh on March 26 & 27
- This visit is in connection with the commemoration of three epochal events – Mujib Borsho, the birth centenary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman; 50 years of the establishment of diplomatic ties between India and Bangladesh and 50 years of Bangladesh’s war of liberation. Prime Minister had last visited Bangladesh in 2015.
- China’s new rule on visa facilitation of no help for Indians : The Chinese Embassy in New Delhi said on Tuesday, it will start issuing visas to foreigners who need to travel to China but only if they have taken a Chinese-made Covid-19 vaccine. The rule, however, will not make it any easier for Indians to get visas since New Delhi has not approved use of China-made vaccines in the country.
- China said the new rule is a meaningful attempt to facilitate cross border travel after massive inoculation, but this raised more practical questions and its utility rather than facilitation, because people in many countries cannot access Chinese jabs due to regulatory issues. It is also not clear whether the new rule applies to students – the largest chunk of Indians – more than 20,000 students who are waiting for China’s nod for more than a year to return to their universities.
- The PM of UK, Boris Johnson, is set to visit India in the month of April, 2021
- The government of Bangladesh has decided to rename the Ministry of Information to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Fifty-eight people have been killed in “barbarous” attacks on a bus and nearby villages in Niger close to the country’s border with Mali.
- At least three people were killed and more than 1,000 were hurt as crowds across Iran leaped over bonfires and fireworks in an annual fire festival ahead of the Iranian New Year.
- Global health experts came under increasing pressure on Tuesday to clear up questions over the safety of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 shot, as Sweden and Latvia joined countries suspending their use in a further blow to Europe’s vaccination rollout.
- Attacks on Chinese-run factories in Myanmar’s biggest city drew demands Monday from Beijing for protection for their property and employees, while many in Myanmar expressed outrage over China’s apparent lack of concern for those killed in protests against last month’s military coup.
- India vs England, 3rd T20 Highlights: Jos Buttler scored an unbeaten 83 as England comfortably chased down the 157-run target with 8 wickets in hand in the 3rd T20I at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. With this win, England go up 2-1 in the 5-match series. Ind – 156/6 (20)
Eng – 158/2 (18.2)
England won by 8 wkts
- INDIA VS ENGLAND
England in India,
5 T20I Series,
March 18, 2021
- West Indies Legends became the fourth semi-finalists of the Road Safety World Series 2021 after crushing England Legends by 5 wickets in the last league match at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium in Raipur on Tuesday (March 16).
Chasing 187 runs to win, the Brian Lara-led side rode on brilliant half-centuries from Dwayne Smith and Narsingh Deonarine and prevailed over Kevin Pietersen’s men on the last delivery of the innings.
$USD 72.69 💷GBP 101.22
In Bhopal (MP)
🥇Gold ₹48,053@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,670@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 99.15
⛽ Diesel ₹ 89.76
LPG : ₹ 825 /14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 50,363.96
Facts about India
Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus also originated in India. Quadratic Equations were used by Sridharacharya in the 11th century.
Ācāryya was an Indian mathematician, Sanskrit pandit and philosopher. He was born in Bhuriśreṣṭi village in South Rādha at present day Hugli in West Bengal, then undivided Bengal with its Capital at Gaur. His father’s name was Baladevācārya and his mother’s name was Acchoka Bai.
Thought of the day
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
Joke of the day
Carona effect: चमगादड़ (Bat) का सूप चाइना(China) वाले पीते रहे और परेशान उन लोगों को कर दिया.. जो ज़िंदगी भर पूछते रहे,
केक🎂 में अंडा 🐣तो नहीं 🙄🙄
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY 💤
The Aryabhata spacecraft, named after the famous Indian astronomer, was India’s first satellite; it was completely designed and fabricated in India and launched by a Soviet Kosmos-3M rocket from Kapustin Yar on April 19, 1975
Why we will not get blood after giving injection.
There are fewer blood vessels in the fatty layer of connective tissue just beneath the skin than the muscle tissue. Having fewer blood vessels means that medication injected subcutaneously is absorbed more slowly.
अतुलित (Atulit) = Incomparable
How it works ⁉
How Brass is made.
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, in proportions which can be varied to achieve varying mechanical and electrical properties.
Brass is similar to bronze, another alloy containing copper that uses tin in place of zinc; both bronze and brass may include small proportions of a range of other elements including arsenic, lead, phosphorus, aluminum, manganese, and silicon. The distinction between the two alloys is largely historical and modern practice in museums and archaeology increasingly avoids both terms for historical objects in favor of the more general “copper alloy”.
Brass has long been a popular material for decoration for its bright gold-like appearance.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and fortune, is usually depicted with a lotus flower. Bcoz
Thus, Lotus is a symbol of purity and enlightenment amid ignorance. Lakshmi was the first ratna, and the only goddess to emerge from that ocean during the Samudra manthan, sitting resplendent on a pink lotus.
She emerges in the Mahalaxmi or four-armed form, two of her arms carry lotuses, that symbolize Dharma (or righteousness) and Kama (or longing). Her other two arms are symbolic of Artha and Moksha
Ultimately she chooses Lord Vishnu as her eternal consort and eventually migrates to Vaikuntha, the abode of Lord Vishnu. This is the primary reason as to why lotuses are associated with the goddess.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Eating on banana leaves is healthy in every way. It is packed with polyphenols, which are natural antioxidants that is also found in green tea. These polyphenols battle all the free radicals in the body and prevent diseases. Banana leaf is also rich in polyphenol oxidase which is an enzyme to treat Parkinson’s disease. A disorder of the central nervous system that affects movement, often including tremors.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼