17 Jul (Monday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 14, (Purnimanta)
Ashada 29, (Amanta)
Rahu: 07:34 AM – 09:13 AM
Yamaganda : 10:53 AM – 12:32 PM
Do you think Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building? https://youtu.be/8XLs-2Hyrmw
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast heavy to very heavy rainfall over Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh and issued an Orange alert for Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh for the next two days.
- All government and private schools in Delhi bordering the Yamuna River will remain closed on July 17 and 18, the Directorate of Education (DoE) said on Sunday.
- President Droupadi Murmu will present “Bhoomi Samman” 2023 in New Delhi on Tuesday. Bhoomi Samman will be given to nine State Secretaries and 68 District Collectors along with their teams who have excelled in achieving saturation of the core components of Digital India Land Records Modernization Pro.
- Union Minister Amit Shah to chair Regional Conference on Drugs Smuggling & National Security in New Delhi on July 17.
- Education and Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched AI for India 2.0, a free online training programme on Artificial Intelligence, on the occasion of World Youth Skills’ Day.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday announced that all flood-affected families in the city will receive ₹10,000 as financial help.
- AAP leader Raghav Chadha has said that the party will take part in the joint Opposition meeting, supposed to be held from July 17 to July 18, in Bengaluru.
- Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday met All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) chief Maulana Khalid Saifullah Rahmani in Uttar Pradesh’s Lucknow. “A meeting against UCC (Uniform Civil Code),” Yadav tweeted.
- Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (SBSP) led by O P Rajbhar has rejoined the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance. Party Chief Rajbhar, a former ally of the Samajwadi Party, met Union Home Minister Amit Shah in New Delhi.
- Former Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat protested against waterlogging in the state by sitting on a chair in Haridwar on a waterlogged road, a video of which surfaced online.
- Nagaland government has reinforced its total ban on single-use plastic in the state. The manufacture, import, stocking, distribution, sale and use of carry bags made of mod, virgin or recycled plastic have been prohibited.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) is organising a series of training programmes to equip all the 34,891 Booth Level Officers (BLOs) in the Telangana State with the latest know-how related to the process of preparation of electoral rolls. Training programmes for District Level Master Trainers (DLMTs) from all 33 districts were organised in Hyderabad.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar of Nationalist Congress Party and some ministers from his camp met party president Sharad Pawar in Mumbai on Sunday and requested him to keep the NCP united. He rebelled against his uncle and joined the Shiv Sena-BJP government on July 2.
- Recently Telangana Chief Justice Ujjal Bhuyan and Kerala Chief Justice S. Venkatanarayana Bhatti have been appointed as judges of the Supreme Court by the President.
- B.Neeraja Prabhakar has became the chairman of the Research Advisory Committee(RAC) of the ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- A Woman killed, her face disfigured by armed men amid violence in Manipur, Imphal East district. The unidentified woman reportedly belonged to the Maring Naga community.
- Zomi Students’ Federation (ZSF) has lodged a first information report (FIR) against singer Jayenta Loukrakpam, popularly known as Tapta, for his controversial song that triggered a row in ethnic strife-hit Manipur.
- Recently, The Kerala HC stated that conversion from one religion to another religion will not change a caste of a person, which he belongs.
- Protesting against the draft delimitation proposal for Assembly and Parliamentary seats in Assam, opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) on Sunday said it has filed a case in the Supreme Court against the exercise. MISHAPS
- In Uttar Pradesh, six Kanwariyas were electrocuted to death while six others injured in Meerut district, the incident took place in Bhawanpur’s Rali Chauhan village in Meerut district when the vehicle of Kanwariyas came in contact with a low-hanging high-tension power line.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
USD ₹ 82.08
💷 GBP ₹ 107.45
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate : 4.7%
Population : 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
Unemployment : 7.8%
BSE Sensex: 66,060.90 +502.01 (0.77%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,564.50 +150.75 (0.78%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,000/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 75,600/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Centre reduces price of tomatoes to Rs 80 rupees per kg at sale points in several states.
- India’s overall exports in June 2023 is estimated to be 60.09 Billion dollars.
- The annual rate of inflation based on all India Wholesale Price Index (WPI) is 4.12 percent down for the month of June, 2023.
- The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) grew by 5.2 % in May 2023 from 4.2% in April this year.
- Retail inflation, based on Consumer Price Index (CPI), stood at 4.81% in June this year.
- Adani Transmission Limited has received ‘Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2023 (GPEMA) in the ‘Power Transmission Sector’ from ‘Institute of Directors.
- SBI Cards & Payment Services (SBI Card), the country’s largest pure-play credit card issuer, has appointed Abhijit Chakravorty as MD & CEO.
- Agriculture Secretary of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Manoj Ahuja launched a new campaign for banks under Agri Infra Fund name BHARAT (Banks Heralding Accelerated Rural & Agriculture Transformation).
- (a) The campaign will run for a month from 15th July 2023 to 15th August 2023 with a target of raising 7200 crore.
- (b) Agriculture Infrastructure Fund has been approved by the Union Cabinet in 2020.
- (c) The scheme aims to provide medium-long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects related to post-harvest management infrastructure and community farm assets.
- (d) This scheme provides interest subvention and financial assistance.
- (e) The scheme has been launched for a total of 10 years from FY2020 to FY2032.
- Telecom Secretary K Rajaraman has been selected by the government as the new chairperson of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA).
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Allu Arjun’s daughter to star in Jr NTR, Janhvi’s Devara, an upcoming action-thriller which will also feature Janhvi Kapoor and Jr NTR. ‘Devara’, directed by Koratala Siva, is expected to release in April 2024. It will also feature Saif Ali Khan.
- Actress Parineeti Chopra and politician Raghav Chadha, who got engaged on May 13, will reportedly be hosting their wedding reception in Gurugram.
- TV actor Akash Choudhary, known for ‘Splitsvilla 10’ and ‘Bhagya Lakshmi’, met with an accident in Navi Mumbai after truck bumped into his car.
- Shraddha Kapoor Joins Forces with Asics India: The New Face of the Sports Gear Giant.
- British-born actress and singer Jane Birkin, who inspired the iconic Hermés Birkin handbag, has passed away aged 76 in Paris, Birkin had heart problems and suffered a heart stroke in 2021.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff: Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Girl Military Pre-service Training Institute in Nashik. The institute would provide girls with an opportunity to join the army for national service.
- Indian defence forces are taking steps to enhance unity and collaboration among the Navy, Army, and Air Force as part of their efforts to establish an Integrated Theatre Command system.
- Earlier in May, it was announced that all three defence services, the Air Force, Navy and the Army, would come forward for all military exercises in the future.
- Continuing with the commitment towards the ‘Make in India’ initiative the Indian Army recently signed the contract for procurement of Tactical Access Switch with TATA Advanced Systems Limited.
- India-Mongolia joint military exercise “Nomadic Elephant – 2023” to commence in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Indian Army contingent comprising of 43 personnel left for Mongolia on 15 July. This will be the 15th edition of the exercise between the two nations.
- France is back in contention to jointly develop a next generation fighter jet engine for Indian requirements, with a roadmap finalised during PM Narendra Modi’s visit to Paris mentioning support for the proposal.
- Top Chinese diplomat Wang Yi in his meeting with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar in Jakarta has said that both countries should find a mutually acceptable solution to the border problem without letting “specific issues” define the overall relationship. India has been locked in a military standoff with China at eastern Ladakh for more than three years.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- The Third G20 Sherpas meeting that drafted the Leaders Declaration on key issues of global importance concluded in Hampi, Karnataka.
- Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Political Affairs, Ali Bagheri on Sunday said that it is on their agenda to use Indian Rupee and Iranian Rial to boost trade and economic exchanges adding that increased investment from India at the Chabahar would advance the completion of the port.
- Recently India and the UAE has signed three MoUs in banking and education sectors. The MoUs in the banking sector pertain to the use of local currencies for cross-border transactions and cooperation for interlinking their payment and messaging systems.
- PM Modi thanked Prime Minister of Bhutan Lotay Tshering for his wishes on the successful launch of ISRO’s ambitious Chandrayaan 3 mission.
- INDIA-FRANCE to Cooperated In Cyber Security, Digital Tech, Super Computing, Quantum Tech & AI.
- Embassy of India, Kathmandu, today gifted 34 ambulances and 50 school buses to various organizations working in the fields of health and education respectively, spread across various districts of Nepal.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar co-chaired the 12th Mekong Ganga Cooperation meeting in Bangkok, Thailand along with his Lao PDR counterpart Saleumxay Kommasith. Both the countries decide to establish Mekong Ganga Cooperation Business Council to expand exchanges in agriculture & water resource management.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Russia’s defence ministry said its forces had prevented Ukraine from attacking the Black Sea port of Sevastopol on Sunday, destroying seven aerial and two underwater drones.
- Pakistan, a group of assailants attacked a temple belonging to members of the Hindu community in Sindh’s Kashmore district with rocket launchers.
- Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia Al-Sudani held talks with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus.
- A blistering and deadly heatwave is sweeping Europe. The European Space Agency says Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Poland may see extreme conditions.
- South Korea torrential rains: Death toll rises to 33, over 7 thousand evacuated.
- The United States, South Korea and Japan held a joint naval missile defence exercise to counter North Korea’s evolving nuclear and missile threats.
- North Korea’s firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) recently violates multiple UN resolutions and threatens peace and stability in the region, said the United States, South Korea, and Japan in a joint statement, condemning the launch.
- Meta has blocked EU-based users from using Instagram’s newly-launched Threads app via VPN (virtual private network). Threads is not available in the EU due to privacy concerns.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- THE 2023 ASIAN ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS is the 25th edition of the Asian Athletics Championships.
It is the first time that Thailand hosted this event since 1973.
- It was held from 12 to 16 July 2023 in Bangkok, Thailand. Held at the Supachalasai National Stadium in Bangkok, total Events 45.
- (a) In Asian Athletics Championships in Bangkok, India displayed a fantastic performance as they finished third, winning 27 medals, with 6 Gold, 12 Silver and 9 Bronze. The five day-event started on the 12th of this month.
- (b) The overall Asian Athletics Championships 2023 medals table, India finished third, behind Japan and the People’s Republic of China. Japan won in 37 medals, including 16 golds, while China bagged 22 medals, including eight golds
- It was held from 12 to 16 July 2023 in Bangkok, Thailand. Held at the Supachalasai National Stadium in Bangkok, total Events 45.
- Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has congratulated Jyothi Yarraji on winning Gold and Silver medals in the Asian Athletics Championships.
- Sports Minister also hails athlete Parul Chaudhary on gold medal win in Women’s 3000 metre Steeplechase Final at the Asian Athletics Championships.
- India’s Martina Devi wins 2 Silver medals in Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship;
- Shubham Bisla & Sainyam wins Gold in ISSF Junior Shooting Championships.
- Women’s Cricket, Bangladesh beat India by 40 runs in the first ODI in Mirpur, Dhaka. Put into bat, Bangladesh scored 152 in 43 overs. India’s young pace bowler Amanjot Kaur made an impressive ODI debut, grabbing four wickets for 31 runs.
- Kuwait’s Sheikh Talal Fahad Al Ahmad Al Sabah has been elected as the new President of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
- The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) is a governing body of sports in Asia, currently with 45 member National Olympic Committees.
Saudi Arabia: Riyadh (Capital)
Population: 35,939,806 (2023 estimation)
Saudi King: Salman
Crown Prince & PM: Mohammed bin Salman
Currency: Saudi riyal (SR) (SAR)
1 SAR = Rs. 22
The country is home to Mecca and Medina, the two holiest cities in Islam.
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajya Sabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Lok Sabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Shaniwar Wada is a historical fortification in the city of Pune, India.
Peshwa Baji Rao I, prime minister to Chattrapati Shahu, laid the ceremonial foundation of his own residence on Saturday, 10 January 1730. It was named Shaniwar Wada from the Marathi words Shaniwar (Saturday) and Wada (a general term for any residence complex). Teak was imported from the jungles of Junnar, stone was brought from the nearby quarries of Chinchwad, and Lime (mineral) was brought from the lime-belts of Jejuri. Shaniwarwada was completed in 1732, at a total cost of Rs. 16,110, a very large sum at that time.
The Shaniwar Wada was normally the seven-story capital building of the Peshwas of the Maratha Empire. It was supposed to be made entirely of stone but after the completion of the base floor or the first story, the people of Satara (the national capital) complained to the Shahu (King) saying that a stone monument can be sanctioned and built only by the Shahu (King) himself and not the Peshwas.
Following this, an official letter was written to the Peshwas stating that the remaining building had to be made of brick and not stone. Even today if you visit and see the walls carefully, they are partly made of stone and partly by bricks.
The Wada was then completed and upon being attacked by the British Artillery 90 years later, all the top six stories collapsed leaving only the stone base, which was immune to the British artillery.
Hence only the stone base of the Shaniwar Wada remains and can be seen even today in the older parts of Pune.
By 1758, at least a thousand people lived in the fort. On 27 February 1828, a great fire started inside the palace complex. The conflagration raged for seven days. Only the heavy granite ramparts, strong teak gateways and deep foundations and ruins of the buildings within the fort survived.
😀Thought of the day
If you can change your mind, you can change your life
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher: 2+3=5 aur 5+2=7, ab tum bataao 70+5=? kitna hua?
Pappu: Kya sir?😧 aasaan sawaalo ka jaavaab aap de diye aur mushkil savaal mujhse kar rahe ho
Scientific reason for applying sindoor by Indian Women
Indian wedding rituals have logical reason behind them.
Sindoor contains turmeric, lime, and a minute level of metal mercury. When sindoor is applied on the bride’s hair partition, the mercury cools down the body and makes her feel relaxed. It also triggers a sexual drive among them. And this is the reason why, widows or unmarried women are not allowed to wear it.
Tushar तुषार : Chilly, cold or frost. Tushar also refers to rain, ice or winter season.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
LPG – Liquid Petroleum Gas – is stored under pressure, as a liquid, in a gas bottle. It turns back into gas vapour when you release some of the pressure in the gas bottle by turning on your gas appliance. LPG is made during natural gas processing and oil refining. … LPG is extracted from heated crude oil using a distillation tower. This LPG can be used as is or separated into LPG products three primary parts: propane, butane and isobutane. It is stored pressurised, as a liquid, in cylinders or tanks. LPG, which is heavier than air due to its high density, is a hydrocarbon-based combustible gas. LPG is the generic name of the butane and propane gases and their mixtures in different proportions.
LPG inside the cylinder weighs 19kg. The internal volume of the cylinder is 44.5 litres . The LPG is a mixture of propane gas (60%) and butane (40%) .
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
17 July – World Day for International Justice
World Day for International Justice is observed annually on 17 July every year. It is also known as the Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day. This day recognise the emerging system of international criminal justice
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations (UN), charged with ensuring international peace and security. It was formed in 1945. the Security Council was created after World War II to address the failings of the League of Nations in maintaining world peace
The Security Council consists of fifteen members, of which five are permanent: China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon, PVC (17 July 1943 – 14 December 1971) was an officer of the Indian Air Force. He was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military decoration during war time , in recognition of his lone defence of Srinagar Air Base against a PAF air raid during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. He is the only member of the Indian Air Force to be so honoured.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
At the drop of a hat – Willing to do something immediately
Impartial x Prejudiced, Biased
Impartial: just, unbiased
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
BRAHMA NOT WORSHIPPED IN TEMPLES?
When Brahma was creating the universe, He made a female deity known as Shatarupa (one with a hundred beautiful forms). Brahma became immediately infatuated with Her. Shatarupa moved in various directions to avoid the gaze of Brahmā. But wherever She went, Brahma developed a head. Thus, Brahma developed five heads, one on each side and one above the others. In order to control Brahma, Shiva cut off one of the heads. Also, Shiva felt that Shatarupa was Brahmā’s daughter, having been created by Him. Therefore, Shiva determined, it was wrong for Brahmā to become obsessed with Her. He directed that there be no proper worship on earth for the “unholy” Brahmā.
According to another legend, Brahma is not worshiped because of a curse by the great sage Brahmarishi Bhrigu. Once a great fire-sacrifice (yajna) was being organised on Earth with Bhrigu being the high priest. It was decided that the greatest among all Gods would be made the presiding deity. Bhrigu then set off to find the greatest among the Trimurti. When he went to Brahma, he was so immersed in the music played by Saraswati that he could hardly hear Bhrigu’s calls. The enraged Bhrigu then cursed Brahma that no person on Earth would ever invoke him or worship him again.
There are very few temples dedicated to Brahma alone: Pushkar temple in Rajasthan
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Tamarind 🥔is considered good for constipation due to its laxative property. It helps to boost immunity as it is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, making it useful in managing common cold. Tamarind powder might also help to manage blood sugar as well as insulin levels and is thus considered good for diabetic patients. It might also be beneficial for people trying to manage weight as it helps decrease food cravings thereby preventing overeating.
Also, eating Tamarind pulp helps to eliminate worms from the stomach due to its anthelmintic property.
Applying a paste of Tamarind seed powder along with honey on the skin helps in faster wound healing and also prevents skin infections due to its antimicrobial activity. Tamarind paste should always be used in combination with rose water, milk or honey as it may cause hypersensitivity in some people if used alone.
Tamarind is loaded with vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining your eye health and further lowers the risk of macular degeneration and age-related cataracts. It has compounds that protect your eye against dry eyes. Drinking a decoction made by boiling tamarind in water may prevent you from eye inflammation.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT