𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
17 Dec (Friday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Agrahayana 28, (Purnimata)
Agrahayana 13 (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 11:03 AM – 12:22 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- Over 135 crore 25 lakh doses of COVID vaccine administered in country so far; Recovery rate stands at 98.38 %
- PM Modi has emphasised on various issues of agriculture and food processing including Zero budget natural farming. He was virtually addressing the validicatory function of national conclave on agriculture and food processing held during the pre-Vibrant Gujarat Summit at Anand.
- The Road Transport and Highways Ministry has issued letters to Chief Secretaries of all the states and all engineers in chief and all project directors of ministry for removal of accident spots on National Highways as per public reports.
- Rural Development Minister Giriraj Singh launches Management Information System (MIS) portal for rankings of States/UTs in Land Acquisition Projects.
- Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi launches fourth tranche of auction of 99 coal mines including 24 new mines in Delhi.
- Parliament pays homage to the brave soldiers for their supreme sacrifice during 1971 Indo-Pakistan war.
- The Union Cabinet on 15 Dec cleared the proposal to raise the legal minimum age of marriage for women from 18 to 21, same as men. Presently, the minimum age of marriage for men is 21 but for women, it is 18.
- Ministry of Jal Shakti has said that 2836 industrial entities have been identified as Grossly Polluting Industries (GPIs) in the Country by Central Pollution Control Board ( CPCB) which are discharging their effluents in various water bodies including rivers.
- Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO has signed six agreements with four countries for launching foreign satellites during 2021-2023.
- The Minister said, starting from 1999, a total of 342 foreign satellites belonging to 34 countries have been successfully launched on a commercial basis.
- Encroachment for 75 yrs: Supreme Court allows Railways to proceed with demolition. A bench headed by Justice A M Khanwilkar said that the Railways may immediately issue notices to occupants of illegal structures and give them two weeks to vacate the premises. The eviction of unauthorised settlements on its land earmarked for the proposed Surat-Jalna route.
- Delhi’s Ghazipur border was partially reopened for traffic on Thursday after remaining closed for more than a year due to the farmers’ stir.
- GOA : The Congress on 16 Dec announced a list of 8 candidates for the Goa Assembly elections. The party has fielded former CM Digambar Kamat from the Margao constituency, which he represents in the Assembly at present. Sudhir Kanolkar has been fielded from the Mapusa seat, Tony Rodrigues from Taleigao and Rajesh Verenkar from the Ponda seat.
- HARYANA : Former Rajya Sabha MP Mohammad Adeeb filed a plea in Supreme Court seeking contempt action against Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal and DGP PK Agrawal in connection to controversy on offering namaz in open spaces in Gurugram every Friday. Adeeb, who is leading the 21-member delegation to end the deadlock, criticised the Haryana officers’ “inaction against identifiable hooligans”.
- KERALA : E Sreedharan popularly known as Metro man announced that he is quitting active politics. Sreedharan, who contested and lost from the Palakkad constituency as a BJP candidate in the last assembly polls, announced his decision at a press conference in Malappuram.
- ODISHA govt appointed 1987 batch IPS officer Sunil Kumar Bansal as the next director general of police (DGP).
- Lockdown in Puducherry extended till January 2. The night time curfew in Puducherry would be in force from 11 PM to 5 AM every day.
- Former media executive Indrani Mukerjea, who is accused of killing her daughter Sheena Bora in 2012, has allegedly written a letter to the director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) stating that Sheena Bora is alive.
- The country registered the highest ever annual foreign direct investment (FDI) Inflow of $81.97 billion (provisional figure) in the financial year 2020-21, according to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. FDI inflows in the last seven financial years (2014-21) stands at $440.27 billion, which is nearly 58 per cent of the total FDI inflow in the last 21 financial years (2000-2021: $763.83 billion).
- The computer software and hardware sector attracted the largest share of FDI inflows at 19% followed by the service sector at 15%. Trading saw FDI inflow of 8%, while the Telecommunications & Construction (Infrastructure) sector attracted FDI inflow of 7% each.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited on 16 Dec signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited for development and supply of 20 types systems for the LCA Tejas Mk1A programme.
- The five-year contract spanning from 2023 to 2028 is valued at Rs 2,400 crore and involves supplying critical avionics Line Replaceable Units (LRUs), flight control computers and night flying LRUs.
The order for supply of these systems for 83 Tejas Mk1A fighter fleet will be executed by two Divisions of BELat Bengaluru and Panchkula (Haryana).
- IMF chief economist Gita Gopinath has said emerging economies should regulate crypto assets rather than a complete ban.
- Tom Holland-starrer ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ released on Thursday across 3,264 screens in India recording the highest count for a Hollywood film.
- Actors Birthday:
John Abraham (born 17 December 1972)
Riteish Vilasrao Deshmukh (born 17 December 1979)
Suresh Oberoi (born 17 December 1946) is
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh gave away Raksha Mantri Awards for Excellence 2021 on the occasion of 96th Raising Day of Directorate General Defence Estates in New Delhi. The recipients were awarded for innovation and digital achievements in the fields of health, education, and sanitation along with public service and land management.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled an India Post special day cover and a commemorative stamp marking the golden jubilee of India’s victory during the 1971 Indo-Pak War, in New Delhi. The day is the culmination of year-long ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ celebrations, which began in December last year. December 16 is celebrated as ‘Vijay Diwas’ each year.
- The Indian Army in J&K celebrated Vijay Diwas on 16 Dec by felicitating the oldest 1971 war hero in Machhal – Rifleman (Retd) Miya Gul Khan.
The celebrations in the Machhal sector included Ahosting the tricolour and wreath-laying by forces and civilians.
- Probe into IAF chopper crash that killed CDS Rawat likely to conclude in 2 weeks: Inquiry headed by an Indian Air Force (IAF) officer Air Marshal Manvendra Singh, statements of witnesses are being recorded.
- : The Karnataka govt has issued orders to raise the cash reward being given for gallantry and non-gallantry award recipient military personnel, CM Basavaraj Bommai announced on 16 Dec.
- Announcing the state government’s decision he said, “The reward for Param Vir Chakra awardees has been raised from the present Rs 25 lakh to Rs 1.5cr, similarly for Mahavir Chakra from Rs 12 lakh to Rs1cr, Ashok Chakra from Rs 25 lakh to Rs1.5cr, Keerthi Chakra from Rs 12 lakh to Rs 1cr, Veera Chakra from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 50 lakh, Shaurya Chakra from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 50 lakh, Sena/Nauka/Vayu Sena Medal from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 15 lakh and Mention in Dispatches from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 15 lakh.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- On the occasion of 50th Vijay Diwas, PM Modi participated in the Homage and Reception Ceremony of Swarnim Vijay Mashaals at National War Memorial in New Delhi on 16 Dec. As a part of the Swarnim Vijay Varsh Celebrations to commemorate 50 years of India’s victory in 1971 war and formation of Bangladesh.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has said that India has always attached the highest priority to its friendship with Bangladesh. Delivering his address as the guest of honour during the concluding ceremony of birth centenary celebrations of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the golden jubilee celebration of the liberation at the Bangladesh Parliament, Jatiya Sangsad in Dhaka on 16 Dec.
- Ministry of External Affairs will be organizing the second Atal Bihari Vajpayee Lecture on 24th of this month. The lecture will be delivered by Dr. Michael Fullilove, Executive Director of the Lowy Institute of Australia. Foreign Secretary will preside over the event. The lecture will be on “Australia, India and the Indo-Pacific: The need for strategic imagination”
- This is the second edition of this lecture series, which was instituted in memory of former Prime Minister and External Affairs Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He played an important role in shaping India’s Foreign Policy and this memorial lecture is a flagship event of the Ministry to recall his contributions.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar will be hosting the third meeting of the India Central Asia Dialogue in New Delhi from 18th to 20th December. Foreign Ministers of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan will participate in the meeting. The second meeting was organized by India in October last year via video conferencing.
- Tajikistan Foreign Minister Sirojiddin Muhriddin to visit India from 18th to 20th December.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Over the last several weeks, a flurry of long-distance bike rallies have taken place, lobbying for and calling for a boycott of the Beijing Winter Olympics 2022, due to human rights violations in China.
- The United States will expand its military and economic relationships with partners in Asia to push back against China’s increasing assertiveness in the Indo-Pacific, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said.
- The UK on 16 Dec reported 88,376 new COVID-19 cases, the highest single-day increase in cases the UK has seen since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said in parliament he has no plan to visit Beijing during next year’s Winter Olympics. This comes after Western nations like the US, UK and Australia announced their officials will not attend the Games as a diplomatic boycott against China’s human rights record.
- France announced only designated categories of people will be allowed to travel between France and UK, amid fears of the Omicron variant.
- North Koreans banned from laughing for 11 days to mourn ex-leader’s death: North Koreans have been banned from showing any signs of happiness for 11 days to mark the 10th death anniversary of former leader Kim Jong-il, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported. The residents are also banned from laughing or drinking alcohol during the national mourning period. This was ordered by the government led by Kim Jong-un, the son of Kim Jong-il
- 🏸 PV Sindhu reached the women’s singles quarterfinals of the BWF World Championships with a straight-game win over Pornpawee Chochuwong of Thailand.Sindhu will face top seed Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in quarterfinals
- The three-match Pakistan vs West Indies ODI series has been postponed to June 2022 in the wake of a series of COVID-19 cases in the West Indies camp.
- Pak record their highest T20I run chase as Babar-Rizwan break Rohit-Rahul’s world record. Pakistan chased down 208-run target against West Indies in third T20I in Karachi to register their highest successful run chase in T20I cricket and clinch the three-match series 3-0. The match witnessed Pakistan openers Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan register their sixth century partnership in T20I cricket, breaking Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul’s world record for most T20I century partnerships.
$USD 76.16💷GBP 101.47
KARNATAKA : Bengaluru
CM : Basavaraj Bommai
Gvnr : Thawar Chand Gehlot
🥇Gold ₹49,820@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 100.58
⛽ Diesel ₹ 85.01
⛽ CNG ₹ 55.00
LPG : ₹903/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 57,901.14
NIFTY : 17,248.40
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
India commemorated its victory over Pakistan in the war of 1971. India fought against Pakistan helping Bangladesh obtain its freedom and won the war. On the very same day, Bangladesh celebrates its independence.
😀Thought of the day
In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
JOKE OF THE DAY
A Devotee: Calling God repeatedly and complaining……
Feeling very cold…
How hot is it…
It is not raining…
It’s too hot…
The rain is terrible…
Client is not working….
The market is slow….
God easily said: Ok, if you are not getting settled in the world, then I will call you here…..
Devotee: No no Lord everything is fine and his phone is disconnected.🤣🤪
Why we will see image of any bright thing even after closing our eyes
Closed-eye hallucinations are related to a scientific process called phosphenes. These occur as a result of the constant activity between neurons in the brain and your vision. Even when your eyes are closed, you can experience phosphenes. At rest, your retina still continues to produce these electrical charges.
Closed eye visualisation or photopsias or phosphenes is an entoptic phenomenon in which bursts of bright colours appear all across field of vision when eyes are closed or when one is in a dark room. Phosphenes come in 15 categories such as triangles, stars, spirals, spots, amorphous blobs, etc.
What’s your name? तव नाम किम् (tava nāma kim?)
My name is … अहम् … (aham …)
मम नाम … (mama nāma …)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How the Radium is made.
Radium is present in all uranium ores, and could be extracted as a by-product of uranium refining. Uranium ores from DR Congo and Canada are richest in radium. Today radium is extracted from spent fuel rods from nuclear reactors. In 1954, the total worldwide supply of purified radium amounted to about 5 pounds (2.3 kg) and it is still in this range today, while the annual production of pure radium compounds is only about 100 g in total today. Radium’s main practical use has been in medicine, u tr radon gas from radium chloride to be used in radiotherapy for cancer.
Pure radium was isolated in 1902 by electrolysis by Marie Curie and Andre Debierne, a French chemist, according to New World Encyclopedia. Radium E, known to be bismuth-210, was the first synthetic radioactive element that was created synthetically by scientists at the University of California.
Radium is classified as an “Alkaline Earth Metals” which are located in Group 2 elements of the Periodic Table. Pure radium is silvery-white, but it readily reacts with nitrogen (rather than oxygen) on exposure to air.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
National Reptile (INDIA) : King Cobra
National Heritage Animal : Indian Elephant
National Vegetable Pumpkin
National Aquatic Animal : Ganges River Dolphin
National River Ganga
National Calendar : Saka calendar
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sundari Mohan Das was the founder principal of the Calcutta National Medical College.
He was born in Sylhet on 17 December 1857.
He was a Indian independence activist, doctor and social worker.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Like two peas in a pod They’re always together
Formerly – Previously
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
अन्यायोपार्जितं वित्तं दस वर्षाणि तिष्ठति।
प्राप्ते चैकादशेवर्षे समूलं तद् विनश्यति।।
अर्थ– गलत तरीके से और अन्याय करके कमाया हुआ धन 10 वर्षों तक ही संचित किया हुआ रह सकता है। लेकिन वह धन अपने मूलधन सहित पूरा ग्यारहवें वर्ष नष्ट हो जाता है।
Meaning- Money earned through wrong way and injustice can be accumulated only for 10 years. But that money along with its principal gets destroyed in the eleventh year.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
it’s best to start your day by re-hydrating with a full glass of water. Hydrating first thing in the morning helps to aid digestion, enhance skin health and boost energy.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼