16 Oct (Sunday)
Vedic Ritu: Sharad
Drik Ritu: Sharad (Autumn)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Kartika 07, (Purnimanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Tithi: Shashthi (up to 7:04 am)Saptami
RahuKaal: 04:30 PM – 05:56 PM
WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW : https://youtu.be/nVAd53Rhi90
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Prime Minister’s development initiative for North East region (PM-DevINE), was approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The PM-DevINE is a Rs 6,600 crore scheme to support infrastructure, industries, and other Livelihood projects in northeastern states of India
- ASSAM : President of India, Droupadi Murmu has inaugurated a supercomputer facility at the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati and launched several other projects during her maiden visit to Assam since assuming office. This supercomputer facility called “Param-Kamrupa”, the facility will be able to conduct advanced research in various scientific fields
- PM Modi addresses inaugural session of All India Conference of Law Ministers & Law Secretaries in Gujarat virtually; Says, sensitive justice system is essential for capable nation & harmonious society.
- HIMACHAL : The elections for 68 Assembly seats of Himachal Pradesh will be held on November 12 in a single phase and the counting of votes will be held on December 8, after a gap of nearly a month, the Election Commission announced
- KARNATAKA High Court allows Ola, Uber, Rapido to offer autorickshaw services by collecting 10% additional charge on fares fixed by government.
- MAHARASHTRA NAVNIRMAN Sena chief Raj Thackeray met Chief Minister Eknath Shinde at his official residence Varsha on Saturday and took part in a meeting that was attended by senior bureaucrats as well as ministers.
- MADHYA PRADESH : Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the study of medical science in Hindi in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Hindi books of MBBS first year will be released on the occasion.
- ODISHA CM Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said the system of contractual hirings will be abolished and that the services of over 57,000 contract employees will be regularised. He said this decision will cost the government ₹1,300 crore annually.
- PUNJAB CM Bhagwant Mann and Haryana’s CM Manohar Lal Khattar discuss Sutlej Yamuna Link (SYL) canal issue
- TAMIL NADU : DMK MLA and Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin’s son, Udhayanidhi Stalin, has warned that the party would stage a protest against the BJP-led Centre in Delhi if Hindi is imposed in Tamil Nadu. DMK protested in Tamil Nadu over the matter on Saturday.
- TELANGANA : Munugode assembly constituency, former MP Boora Narsaiah Goud quit the TRS party on Saturday. Goud, a leader from the backward classes, represented Bhongir Lok Sabha constituency during 2014-19.
- The by-election (03 Nov) to Munugode in Nalgonda district has been necessitated due to the resignation of sitting Congress MLA Komatireddy Raj Gopal Reddy, who joined the BJP.
- TAMIL NADU : releases excess water from Mettur dam after rains in K’taka; warns of flood
- UTTARAKHAND : Supreme Court has stopped the coronation of Swami Avimukteshwaranand Saraswati as the new shankaracharya of the Jyotish Peeth in Uttarakhand.
- India’s heaviest launch vehicle LVM3-M2, also known as GSLV-Mk III, is moved from integration facility to Launchpad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, on Saturday.
- LVM3 would inject 36 broadband communication satellites into the Low Earth Orbit. This would be the heaviest payload ever to be launched into space from the Indian soil.
- The launch is scheduled for October 23, Sunday, at 00.07 am (midnight of October 22, 2022). The rocket with 36 satellites encapsulated and assembled in the vehicle moved to the Launchpad after final checks.
- A 40-year-old man, who allegedly posed as a wing commander of the Indian Air Force (IAF) at the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) office, was Wednesday arrested from IGI Airport, During questioning, Gandhi revealed he joined the NCC as an aero-modelling instructor in 2005 and worked there for 13 years.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has attached properties worth around ₹1,317 crore linked to the Ireo Group. The senior management of the group is alleged to have siphoned off ₹1,225 crore of funds belonging to homebuyers.
- Supreme Court stayed the release of ex-DU professor and others from jail while suspending the Bombay High Court judgment discharging GN Saibaba in a UAPA case accusing him of Maoist links.
- A Kashmiri Pandit, Puran Krishan Bhat, was shot dead by militants in the Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
💷 GBP ₹92.07
BSE Sensex : 57,919.97 +684.64 (1.20%) 🔼
NIFTY : 17,185.70 +171.35 (1.01%)🔼
24 Karat Gold Price in United States (US)
24K Gold 1 Gram
@ 52.87 USD /
- PM Modi to dedicate 75 Digital Banking Units to nation on October 16.
- DBUs will have physical outlets which will provide a variety of digital banking facilities to people such as opening of savings account, balance-check, print passbook, transfer of funds, investment in fixed deposits, loan applications, stop-payment instructions for cheques issued, apply for credit or debit cards, view statement of account, pay taxes, pay bills, make nominations, etc.
- Wholesale price-based inflation eased to 18 month low of 10.7% in September as compared to 12.41% in preceding month.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) signed MoU with Coal India (CIL) and NLC India for setting up Coal Gasification based plants. BHEL aims to set up a Coal Ammonium Nitrate Project with CIL.
- The Army has signed historic MoU with 11 Banks for providing banking facilities to Agniveers on enrollment. The Banks are SBI, PNB, Bank of Baroda, IDBI Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IDFC First Bank and Bandhan Bank.
- The Supreme Court Friday came down heavily on producer Ekta Kapoor over “objectionable content” in her web series ‘XXX’, saying she was polluting the minds of the young generation of this country.
- The top court was hearing a plea filed by Kapoor challenging the arrest warrants issued against her for allegedly insulting soldiers and hurting the sentiments of their families in the web series aired on her OTT platform ALTBalaji.
- An organisation named Hindu Sena moved the Delhi High Court against the makers and actors of Adipurush. The Public Interest Litigation (PIL) seeks the removal of what it claims is ‘objectionable content’ related to Lord Ram, Sita, Hanuman, Ravana and others.
- Actor Jitendra Shastri, who was known for playing the role of Usmaan in the Ali Fazal and Pankaj Tripathi-led web series ‘Mirzapur’, has passed away.
- Kannada film Kantara has become a smash hit for Sandalwood. The film has garnered rave reviews and positive word of mouth for the film. After its success in the Kannada market, the makers are all set to test the waters in the Hindi market. The film starring Rishab Shetty.
- Air Force Wives Welfare Association, AFWWA has made the Guinness world record by making over 41 thousand knitted woolen caps in mere three months.
- Over three thousand female AFWWA members knit these caps under a special drive called ‘Knittathon’ that commenced on 15th July this year.
- On October 14 this year, INS Arihant has successfully launched a nuclear-capable Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM) in Bay of Bengal.
- Indian-origin British Sikh Army officer Preet Chandi, who made history by trekking to the South Pole, is now going for a record-breaking 1,100 miles trek across Antarctica — solo and unaided! Captain Chandi, also known as “Polar Preet”.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar discussed the Ukraine war, developments in the Indo-Pacific and other regional topics with his Egyptian counterpart Sameh Shoukry in Cairo on Saturday. Jaishankar is on a two-day visit to Egypt.
- Sri Lankan govt to use Indian credit line to install solar panels
Sri Lanka’s Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera on Saturday said a credit line of $100 million extended by India will be used to install rooftop solar panels in government buildings, educational institutions and hospitals.
- Dr Adarsh Swaika, a joint secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Kuwait.
- International Day of Rural Women is observed on October 15 to promote gender equality and women empowerment in rural regions.
- Thirty eight meeting of the Council of the Regional Anti Terrorist Structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (RATS SCO) was held in New Delhi.
- India participates at the 6th East Asia Summit Education Minister’s Meeting in Hanoi, Vietnam
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Satellite images from an independent Norwegian fact-checking website have shown that Russia has deployed 11 nuclear-capable long-range bombers at an airbase close to neighbouring Norway, which is a NATO member.
- Amid economic turmoil, British Prime Minister Liz Truss has sacked finance minister Kwasi Kwarteng and appointed Jeremy Hunt to the post.
- The death toll from a coal mine explosion in northern Turkey rose to at least 40 people on 15 Oct, Saturday. The explosion occurred on 14th Oct, Friday evening when at least 110 miners working in the shaft.
- Abdul Latif Rashid elected as President of Iraq.
- Ties between Washington and Islamabad hit another turbulent patch on Friday after US President Joe Biden excoriated Pakistan, calling it may be “one of the most dangerous nations in the world” and that has “nuclear weapons without any cohesion.”
- NATO to organise annual nuclear exercise “Steadfast Noon” in Europe on Oct 17
- South Africa: 7th edition of IBSAMAR held at Port Elizabeth
- ISSF World Championship, Cairo 2022: Women’s 10m air pistol: China’s Lu Kaiman won gold and booked herself a Paris Olympics spot defeating Anna Korakaki of Greece 16-10. Zorana Arunović from Serbia clinched bronze.
- ISSF World Championship, Indian shooter Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil won the gold medal in men’s 10m air rifle event in Cairo, Egypt yesterday. He also secured a 2024 Paris Olympics quota for the country.
- BCCI President for a second term, former India captain Sourav Ganguly will contest for the post of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President.
- PM Modi congratulated Indian Women cricket Team, following their record-extending seventh Women’s Asia Cup title on Saturday.
India Women vs
Sri Lanka Women,
India Women won by 8 wkts
SLW – 65/9 (20)
INDW – 71/2 (8.3)
Player of the Match
Player of the Series
2) Nagpur (Winter)
Frmn : 1 May 1960
Govrnr: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
CM: Eknath Shinde
Districts : 36
🥇Gold ₹ 51,820 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹ 57,300 @ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹106.31/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹ 94.27/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,052/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Ajanta and Ellora caves,* considered to be one of the finest examples of ancient rock-cut caves are located near Aurangabad in the state of Maharashtra, India. Adorned with beautiful sculptures, paintings and frescoes, Ajanta and Ellora caves are an amalgamation of Buddhist, Jain and Hindu monuments
Ellora, also called Verul or Elura, is the short form of the ancient name Elapura. … In the Indian tradition, each cave is named and has a suffix Guha (Sanskrit), Lena or Leni (Marathi), meaning cave.
It was built during 757-783 AD by Krishna I who was the uncle of Dantidurga. Built during the 6th to 8th century in the Kalachuris period, the Hindu Caves were built in two phases. Caves 14, 15 , 16 were built in the Rashtrakuta period.
😀Thought of the day
I am never in control of what happens around me, but i am always in control of what happens within me.
JOKE OF THE DAY
A Friend! 2 Pappu
Yar suna hi ki 2020 tk duniya khatm hojye gi
Pappu : 🤔Aisa Kisa hoga yaar. Asa nhi hoga my ne kal washing machine khridi hy us pe 2024 tk ki guaranty hi.🤔😳
Why some vehicles exhaust black smoke*
The black smoke is composed primarily of elemental carbon from incomplete combustion of diesel fuel and traces of engine lubricant. … Over-fueling can be caused by diesel fuel injector wear that enlarges the nozzle hole or erodes the injector needle and allows excess fuel to flow into the combustion chamber.
अन्नं न निन्द्यात् ।*
Annaṁ na nindyāt.
Don’t dispraise/disrespect food
नवीन Naveen : New
प्रवीण Praveen : expert
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a ship stop in water without brakes?*
A Motorised ships are mostly driven either by the motion of propellers or by a jet stream of water shot from the nozzle. Simply stopping those won’t produce nearly enough friction with water to effectively stop a ship
Can you drop anchor in the middle of the ocean?
The answer to that is ‘no’. Anchoring in the middle of the ocean is not possible due to the depth. In order to maintain good holding, you want at least 7 times more line out than there is water underneath your boat.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Asia is the largest continent in the world both by area and population, and the continent covers an area of 17.212 million square miles. Asia is made up of 48 countries, as well as 6 non-UN states, and 6 dependent territories.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Naveen Patnaik* (born 16 October 1946) is an Indian politician who is the 14th Chief Minister of Odisha.He is also the president of the Biju Janata Dal. As of 2019, he is one of the longest-serving chief minister of any Indian state, holding the post for almost two decades, and only the third Indian chief Minister after Pawan Chamling and Jyoti Basu to win five consecutive terms as Chief Minister of an Indian state.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Bell the cat*
To undertake a risky or dangerous task
Someone has to tell the teacher that her own son started the fire, but who will bell the cat?
*Infringe × Comply
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Difference between Vedas and Upanishads
The Vedas are a large body of religious texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.
The Upanishads are late Vedic Sanskrit texts of religious teachings and ideas still revered in Hinduism. The Upanishads played an important role in the development of spiritual ideas in ancient India, marking a transition from Vedic ritualism to new ideas and institutions.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Marigold Flower Uses*
Marigolds are highly valuable for medicinal purposes like headaches, swelling, toothache, wounds and many skin problems. You can also brew it into tea.
Marigold leaves since ages have been used to treat irritated skin problems like burns, wounds and rashes. When applied on the skin, it reduces inflammation, redness, sensitivity, dryness & swelling.
It Naturally Repels Insects : Due to its strong smell, antioxidant content and volatile oils, these flowers can be used to naturally fend off mosquitoes, pests & other insects. For this reason, marigolds are planted at home gardens and also used in extract form in candles.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼