16 June (Thursday)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Ashadha 2, (Purnimata)/ Jyeshta 17(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra Purva Ashadha (till 12:37 pm)
Titi: Dwitiya (up to 9:45 am) Tritiya
RahuKaal: 02:08 PM – 03:48 PM
How will Agnipath scheme work ? : https://youtu.be/YqowSCeFxKA
TODAY’S TOP NEWS
- Over 195 crore 50 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been administered in the country so far under the Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has informed that the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare will soon launch Artificial Intelligence,( AI) enabled Common Single Pension Portal for the benefit of pensioners and elder citizens.
- Jal Shakti Ministry will organize National Workshop on Dam Safety Act, 2021 in New Delhi. The workshop is aimed at sensitizing all stakeholders about the provisions of the Act and Brainstorm on Dam Safety Governance.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for further questioning on Friday in connection with the National Herald case. Rahul appeared before the Enforcement Directorate for the third consecutive day on Wednesday.
- The Tripura unit of Congress on Wednesday locked the local ED office in protest against the interrogation of party leader Rahul Gandhi in connection with the National Herald money laundering case.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy said on Wednesday that the state is concentrating on production of green hydrogen and ammonia as part of the efforts to promote the green energy sector.
- GOA : President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of the New Raj Bhavan building in Dona Paula, Goa near the state capital Panaji on 15 Jun. The construction of existing building started in 16th century which became Governor house in late 19th century.
- HIMACHAL PRADESH: First National Conference of Chief Secretaries begins at Dharamsala; Prime Minister to preside over three-day Conference.
- J&K : Pratham Pooja (the first prayer), marking the beginning of rituals of the annual Shri Amarnathji Yatra, which is commencing on 30th of this month, was held yesterday on the occasion of Jyestha Purnima at the holy cave Shrine of Shri Amarnathji in south Kashmir Himalayas.
- Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, two Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists were killed in an encounter with security forces that broke out last night in Kanjiullar village of South Kashmir’s Shopian district.
- KARNATAKA Cooperative Minister informs 15000 Yoga practitioners to perform Yoga on International Day of Yoga in Mysuru.
- LEH : Union Territory of Ladakh, Advisor to the Lieutenant Governor Umang Narula appealed to Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, IIRS, to find solutions for water shortage and possible options for water in drought-prone areas of the region.
- TAMIL NADU : The first ever service of the theme-based Bharat Gaurav Train started its journey from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi. It was flagged off by the Southern Railway Salem Division Manager Gautam Srinivas.
- TELANGANA : TRS, Telangana Rashtra Samiti president and CM K. Chandrashekar Rao had decided to hold the party’s state executive meeting either on June 21 or 22 to pass a resolution to change the name of TRS to BRS, Bharatiya Rashtra Samiti.
- PM Modi to address public meeting in Hyderabad on July 3.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Yogi Adityanath-led UP government will now use helicopters to check mob violence, riots and arson in public places. UP government has sought proposals from Airbus Helicopters regarding the use of helicopters in tourism, policing, emergency medical services and law enforcement. The helicopters can also be used for rescue work and for fighting floods, said an Airbus representative
- WEST BENGAL : Responding to Mamata Banerjee’s call, Opposition in huddle over Presidential choice : West Bengal CM and TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee had written to 22 opposition leaders and chief ministers of requesting them to attend the meeting on the upcoming presidential polls.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : Former SBI MD Ashwani Bhatia takes charge as whole-time member at SEBI
💷 GBP ₹94.75
BSE Sensex 52,541.39
NIFTY : 15,692.15
- The value of the global crypto market fell to under $900 billion on Wednesday from a peak of $2.97 trillion in November 2020. Bitcoin, the world’s largest crypto by market capitalisation, also fell 7.8% to $20,289, its lowest value since December 2020.
- Union Government has said that the 5G spectrum auction will commence on 26th of next month. Communications Ministry has said that the Department of Telecom has issued notice inviting applications to facilitate roll-out of 5G.
- Viacom18, Disney Star win big as IPL media rights sold for ₹48,390 crore.Disney’s Star has retained the IPL television rights for the 2023-27 cycle in a deal worth ₹23,575 crore
Digital rights for the annual Twenty20 tournament went to Viacom 18 for ₹23,758 crore.
- Case registered against TV actor Karanvir Bohra, 5 others for allegedly cheating woman of Rs 1.99 cr.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is set to earn a whopping amount of ₹48,380 crore from the sale of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023-27 media rights after the three-day auction in Mumbai.
Birthday wishes to Gourang Chakraborty (born 16 June 1950), better known by his stage name Mithun Chakraborty is an Indian film actor, singer, producer and a former Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament. He is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards and three National Film Awards.
He made his acting debut with the art house drama Mrigayaa (1976)
- Protests erupted in Bihar against the “Agnipath scheme” announced by the Centre for entry into defence services, with angry agitators disrupting railway and road traffic in various parts of the state.
Most of the protesters were candidates whi have been waiting for two years for the defence recruitment process to start. Physical and medical tests of candidates from eight districts were conducted over two years ago, but the written examination is still awaited.
- Department of Telecom, DoT, held a meeting with all the Telecom Service Providers, TSPs, to discuss ways and means for engaging trained ‘Agniveers’, who will be coming after four years of service with the Armed Forces, in the telecom sector. Representatives of Airtel, BSNL, Reliance Jio and Vodafone-Idea attended the meeting along with senior officers of DoT. The meeting was chaired by Member, Technology, at Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi.
- IGNOU to offer a special three-year programme for ‘Agniveers ‘. In order to enhance the future career prospects of Agniveers, and equip them for various job roles in the civilian sector, the Ministry of Education is to launch a special, three-year skill-based bachelor’s degree programme for serving defence personnel that will recognize the skill training received by them during their tenure in the defence establishments.
The programme has been designed by IGNOU and will also be executed by them. Under this programme 50 % of the credits required for a graduate degree will come from the skill training – both technical and non-technical – received by the Agniveer, and the remaining 50 % will come from a basket of courses that cover a wide variety of subjects
- Home Ministry has decided to give priority in the recruitment of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles to Agniveers who successfully complete their four years of service.
- Director-General of National Cadet Corps, Lt. General Gurbirpal Singh today reviewed the Passing out Parade of newly inducted Associate NCC Officers at Officers Training Academy at Kamptee near Nagpur.
- India carried out another test of its other nuclear-capable missile, Prithvi, nearly 10 days after the routine test of Agni was carried out.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The 12th meeting of BRICS National Security Advisors (NSA) held virtually on 15 June. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said that Yang Jiechi, a member of the political bureau of the CPC Central Committee chaired the meeting in Beijing which will be attended by the NSAs of Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa.
- India will host a two-day Special ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers’ meeting starting today. This will be the first meeting hosted by India in New Delhi. It will be accompanied by the 12th Edition of Delhi Dialogue.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and Spanish Foreign Affairs Minister, José Manuel Albares Bueno held a meeting in New Delhi on 15 June. They discussed the growing engagements in political, defense, economic and cultural domains. This is the first official visit of the Spanish Foreign Minister to India.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) has ordered a four-month suspension in exports and re-exports of wheat and wheat flour originating from India, the world’s second biggest producer of the grain, state news agency WAM said on Wednesday.
India banned wheat exports in a surprise move on May 14, except for those backed by already issued letters of credit (LCs) and to countries seeking to ensure food security. Since then, it has allowed shipments of 469,202 tonnes of wheat.
The UAE and India signed a broad trade and investment pact in February that seeks to cut all tariffs on each other’s goods and aims to increase their annual trade to $100 billion within five years..
The pact, known as the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Trade Agreement (CEPA), took effect on May 1.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The US Federal Reserve System on 15 June raised its key interest rate by 0.75%, marking the biggest rate hike made by the US central bank since 1994
- World Health Organization said it will hold an emergency meeting to determine whether to classify the global monkeypox outbreak as a public health emergency of international concern.
That is the highest level of warning issued by the UN health agency, which currently applies only to the COVID-19 pandemic and Polio.
- Chinese President told his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin during a phone conversation on 15 June that Beijing will keep backing Moscow on sovereignty and security issues. Xi reportedly praised the “good momentum of development” in bilateral ties.
Notably, Russia and China opened a new cross-border bridge on June 10 to boost trade amid Western sanctions against Russia for Ukraine war.
- European Union (EU) signed a deal with Egypt and Israel to increase liquified natural gas (LNG) sales to EU countries on 15 June in Cairo. The deal aims to reduce dependency on Russian oil amid Ukraine war. As per deal, Israel will send gas to EU countries via Egypt, which will liquify it for exports via sea, European Commission chief said.
- BANGLADESH : 6th population and housing census started on 15 June with Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina formally launching the weeklong exercise from her official residence Ganabhaban in Dhaka.
- BADMINTON , HS Prannoy defeated compatriot Lakshya Sen by 21 – 10, 21- 9 to reach the second round of the Indonesia Open. This was HS Prannoy’s first-ever win over World No 8 Lakshya Sen out of their three head-to-head meetings.
In Men’s doubles, the duo of M.R. Arjun and Dhruv Kapila beat the Japanese pair of Kelichiro Matsui and Yoshinori Takeuchi 27-25, 18-25, 21-19.
In women’s doubles, Indian pair, Ashwini Bhat and Shikha Gautam have lost to their Chinese counterparts Zhang Shu Xian and Zheng Yu 9-21, 10-21.
- Indian para-powerlifters Manpreet Kaur and Parmjeet Kumar have won bronze medals on the opening day of World Para-powerlifting 2022 Asia Oceania Open Championships at Pyeongtaek in South Korea.
Manpreet Kaur, won the bronze medal in the 41 kg category. She had the best lift of 88kg and the total lift of 173 kg.
In men’s category, Parmjeet Kumar, also won the bronze medal in 49 kg category. Kumar lifted 160 and 163 kilograms in two rounds which were his lifetime best lifts.
- PM Modi to Launch First-Ever Torch Relay for Chess Olympiad on 19th June in New Delhi.
TRIPURA : Agartala
Gvnr : Satyadev Narayan Arya
CM : Manik Saha (BJP)
UT:. 01 Nov 1956
State : 21 Jan 1972
Dist : 33
🥇Gold ₹52,610 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,300@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹99.49/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹88.44/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,062/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
16 June – Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev
The Mughal Emperor Jahangir ordered to be tortured and sentenced to death to the fifth Sikh Guru Arjan Dev on 16 June, 1606. Accordingly, on 16 June every year, the Sikhs commemorate the martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev.
😀Thought of the day
Respect is the most important element of your personalty. It is like an investment. Whatever we give to others, it will return to us with profit.
JOKE OF THE DAY
लड़का स्कूटी से लड़की के सामने जोर से गिरा और
शर्मिंदगी से फौरन खडा हो गया..
लडकी – ओह माई गॉड… आपको लगतो नहीं?
लड़का – नहीं मैं स्कूटी से ऐसे ही उतरता हूं…!!!🙄🤪
Why are women are not allowed inside Shani Shinganapur temple of Maharashtra?
It is a scientifically proven fact that the planets in our solar system have an impact on us humans.Similarly “SHANI” is for the planet “saturn”.Some temples in India have been built or are swyambhus for these all places of worship there are certain energies and vibrations.Similarly in such places the energies that are present are comparitively very high. A woman is very susciptible to these energies when compared to men.
Simple fact that these high energies can cause internal problems in a woman’s body. It may affect her monthly mensuration cycle or if she is carrying then these high energies can affect the baby in her womb.
एतद् वस्त्रं कुत्र क्रीतवन्तः ? = Where did you buy this cloth ?
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW DO PLANES FLY? ✈️🛫🛩️🚁
Things can fly quite happily without engines, as gliders (planes with no engines), paper planes, and indeed gliding birds.
Four forces act on a plane in flight. When the plane flies horizontally at a steady speed, lift (up) from the wings exactly balances the plane’s weight (down) and the thrust (forward), exactly balances the drag (rearward). However, during takeoff, or when the plane is attempting to climb in the sky (as shown here), the thrust from the engines pushing the plane forward exceeds the drag (air resistance) pulling it back. This creates a lift force, greater than the plane’s weight, which powers the plane higher into the sky.
A plane’s engines are designed to move it forward at high speed. That makes air flow rapidly over the wings, which throw the air down toward the ground, generating an upward force called lift that overcomes the plane’s weight and holds it in the sky.
For a plane or bird to fly, its wings must produce enough lift to equal its weight. Most wings used in flight are a special shape – called aerofoils (or airfoils). This shape is needed to help generate lift.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen accidentally discovered X-rays, while studying the effects of passing an electrical current through gases at low pressure
Mawsynram is a village in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya state in northeastern India, 65 kilometres from Shillong. It receives the highest rainfall in India.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Nitte Santosh Hegde (born 16 June 1940) is a former judge of the Supreme Court Of India, former Solicitor General of India and was Lokayukta (ombudsman) for Karnataka State of India from 2006-2011.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Read between the lines
Understand a hidden meaning
Culprit X Innocent
Genuine = Absolute, Factual
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
चामरकर्ण विलम्बितसूत्र ।
विघ्नविनायक पाद नमस्ते ॥
Caamara-Karnna Vilambita-Suutra |
Vighna-Vinaayaka Paada Namaste ||
1: (Salutations to Sri Vighna Vinayaka) Whose Vehicle is the Mouse and Who has the Modaka in His Hand,
2: Whose Large Ears are like Fans and Who Wears a Long Sacred Thread,
3: Who is Short in Stature and is the Son of Sri Maheswara (Lord Shiva),
4: Prostrations at the Feet of Sri Vighna Vinayaka, the Remover of the Obstacles of His Devotees
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
COCONUT WATER contains more calcium and magnesium than रother sports drinks or fruit juices, it is not a concentrated source of either mineral. Coconut water contains less than 5 percent of your recommended amount of both calcium and magnesium.
To lose weight, it might be best to opt for water instead
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼