16 Jul (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu: Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Month: Sravan 03, (Purnimata)/ Ashadha 17(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra: Dhanishta ( 3:10 pm) Shatabhisha
Titi: Tritiya (up to 1:27 pm) Chaturthi
RahuKaal: 09:13 AM – 10:53 AM
VEDIK GYAN : https://youtu.be/Nm4NdbZ6J0I
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 199.69 crore mark.
- Nationwide drive for free COVID precaution dose vaccination for people aged between 18 and 59 years begins.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has convened an all-party meeting tomorrow ahead of the Monsoon Session of Parliament beginning Monday.
- Indian Railways new rail line project to provide connectivity to three religious sites in Gujarat and Rajasthan. The temple town of Ambaji.
The Taranga hill in Gujarat’s Mehsana district.
- The new Taranga Hill-Ambaji-Abu Road new railway line. The project, which will be completed by 2026-27, is of length 116.65 kilometers. The new line will be an alternative route for the Ahmedabad-Abu Road railway line.
- The website of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has been ranked first under the Central Ministries Portal in National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment.
- Digital Police portal of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) placed at two in the assessment under the Central Ministries Services Portal.
- Union Health Ministry released guidelines for the management of Monkeypox disease asking international passengers to avoid close contact with sick people including those with skin lesions or genital lesions.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri virtually dedicates 166 Compressed Natural Gas, CNG, stations in across 14 states of the country.
- BJP appointed former Uttar Pradesh BJP President Laxmikant Bajpai as the party’s chief whip in the Rajya Sabha.
- ARUNACHAL PRADESH : The magistrate in Arunachal Pradesh’s capital, Itanagar, has ordered the removal of the word beef from restaurants in the city, citing religious issues.
- CHHATTISGARH National Democratic Alliance (NDA) candidate Droupadi Murmu visits Chhattisgarh to seek support for upcoming Presidential Election.
- DELHI : Five persons were killed and eight others injured after a wall of under construction godown collapsed in North Delhi’s Alipur area on Friday.
- JHARKHAND Three teenagers, aged between 15 and 17, died in a pond in Jharkhand’s Deoghar district on Friday, the local police said. The incident took place when the teenagers were bathing in the Nandan Pahar pond.
- KERALA : High-level multi-disciplinary team, which was rushed to Kerala after state reported the country’s first case of MonkeyPox, holds consultations with State Government authorities in Thiruvananthapuram.
- MAHARASHTRA CM Eknath Shinde has stated that he’ll quit politics if any of the MLAs who joined him loses the next Assembly polls. “I’m confident that all these 50 MLAs will win the elections
- RAJASTHAN : District administration of Sri Ganganagar has ordered closure of all govt and private schools as the area received heavy rainfall during the last three days and low-lying areas in the city are completely inundated.
- TELANGANA : State authorities send additional relief and rescue material to Bhadrachalam as flood fury in River Godavari continued to be grim.
- UTTAR PRADESH ;: PM Modi will inaugurate Bundelkhand Expressway at Kaitheri village of Jalaun district in Uttar Pradesh on 16 Jul (Saturday)
- It extends from NH-35 at Gonda village near Bharatkoop in Chitrakoot district to near Kudrail village in Etawah district, where it merges with the Agra-Lucknow expressway. It is 296 Kilometres, four-lane expressway, constructed at a cost of around 14 thousand 850 crore rupees,
- The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE highlighted that the 16th edition of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) will be conducted in CBT (Computer Based Test) mode in twenty languages throughout the country in Dec 2022.
💷 GBP ₹94.62
BSE Sensex 53,760.78
NIFTY : 16,049.20
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Friday underlined the need to improve the effectiveness of the G20 Common Framework.
Finance Minister speaks at the third session on International Financial Architecture in Bali, Indonesia, which is hosting the third G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meeting.
- Dept of Consumer Affairs launches Jagriti, a mascot for empowering consumers & generating awareness towards their rights.
- The government is working on a ‘Right to Repair’ framework to cut down restrictive practices introduced by some manufacturers so people can get goods such as consumer durables, phones and cars fixed on their own. Farming equipment, mobile phones/tablets, consumer durables and automobiles/automobile equipment are among the sectors identified by a government committee to implement the framework.
- The share price of private sector lender Federal Bank rose by 1.54% to ₹98.80 after it reported a 63.5% increase in net profit in the April-June quarter to ₹600.66 crore. The bank had reported a profit of ₹367 crore in the same period last year. Meanwhile, its net interest income rose by 13% to ₹1,604.5 crore.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur on Friday launched the promo of a new serial ‘Swaraj: Bharat Ke Swatantrata Sangram Ki Samagra Gatha’ in New Delhi.
- Actor Shreyas Talpade will be a part of actress Kangana Ranaut’s upcoming film ‘Emergency’ in which she will portray late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, as per reports. Kangana has produced the film under her production house Manikarnika Films and will also be directing it.
- The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday said it has seized cash worth ₹11.88 crore from 37 bank accounts belonging to Pankaj Mishra, a close aide of Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren.
- Punjab and Haryana High Court’s Justice Anoop Chitkara on Friday recused himself from hearing the bail petition of Shiromani Akali Dal leader Bikram Singh Majithia. A case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act was registered against Majithia in Dec 2021.
- Rubaiya Sayeed, sister of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti, has identified Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik and three others as her kidnappers, officials said. Rubaiya appeared before a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Friday in a case related to her abduction by Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) on December 8, 1989.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches indigenously built Y- 3023 Dunagiri, Project 17A frigate to strengthen country’s maritime security. Project 17A frigate built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders Limited (GRSE) in Kolkata.
- The defence ministry has set up an institutional mechanism comprising an apex committee, with the defence secretary as chairman, to conduct “performance and efficiency” audit of capital procurements, logistics, inventory and maintenance of assets of the armed forces.
- The US House of Representatives has passed by voice vote a legislative amendment that approves waiver to India against the punitive CAATSA sanctions for its purchase of the S-400 missile defence system from Russia to help deter aggressors like China.
- Brazilian Navy delegation holds discussion with senior officers of Indian Navy
Brazilian Navy delegation holds discussion with senior officers of Indian Navy.
- Army to take part in relief activities in flood hit areas of Telangana. A team of over 100 personnel to take part in relief and rescue operations.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- A statue of Mahatma Gandhi located at the Vishnu temple in Richmond Hill, Canada was vandalised on Wednesday. Local police said the statue was defaced with graphic words and they are investigating the incident as a hate crime.
- BJP hits out at the Congress over former Vice President Hamid Ansari’s alleged connection with a Pakistani journalist Nushrat Mirza.
- Assam exported around 600 kg of lemons to London on Friday as part of an export consignment.
- India provides 3,000 tents as disaster relief material to Nepal.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa quits, Ranil Wickremesinghe sworn in as acting President of Sri Lanka on July 15, 2022.
- China kept a cautious silence on SriLanka’s request for financial aid of as much as US$4 billion to deal with ongoing crisis in the island nation even as Sri Lankan Ambassador to China, Palitha Kohona expressed confidence that Beijing will agree “at some point” to the request.
- Paul Urey, a British national who was detained in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), has passed away in detention. Urey had died of chronic illnesses and stress, the official added. He was accused of being a mercenary by the government of DPR.
- A thousand firefighters supported by 10 water-showering planes battled two wildfires in southwest France on Friday as high temperatures and wind gusts complicated operations. The blazes forced the evacuation of 11,300 people in the Bordeaux region.
- A court in Gambia has sentenced the country’s former spy chief, Yankuba Badjie and four others to death for the killing of a political activist in 2016.
- Joe Biden has become the first US President to fly directly from Israel to Saudi Arabia. Biden met Saudi Arabia’s King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman soon after arriving in the country.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday reshuffled his senior ministers, removing the weapons industries charge from Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov.
- BADMINTON 🏸: P. V. Sindhu storms in Women’s Singles semi finals of ongoing
SINGAPORE OPEN 2022: P. V. Sindhu defeats Chinese Han Yue by 17-21, 21-11, 21-19 in the quarterfinals
Saina Nehwal loses to Japanese Aya Ohori by 13-21, 21-15, 20-22, while H. S. Prannoy loses to Japanese Kodai Naraoka by 21-12, 14-21, 18-21 in their quarterfinals matches.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik receives the Relay Torch for Chess Olympiad and hands it over to Padmini Rout, a celebrated chess player of the state in capital Bhubaneswar.
- Wimbledon champ Elena Rybakina to donate £2-mn prize money to juniors & animal charity.
ANDHRA : Amaravathi
Gvnr : Biswabhusan Harichandan
CM : Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Formed : 01 Nov 1956
Dist : 26
🥇Gold ₹51,160 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹60,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹110.74/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹98.51/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,129/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
SHIMLA AGREEMENT , was signed between India and Pakistan on 2 July 1972 in Shimla, the capital city of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
It followed from the Bangladesh Liberation war in 1971 that led to the independence of Bangladesh, which was earlier known as East Pakistan and was part of the territory of Pakistan. India entered the war as an ally of Bangladesh which transformed the war into an Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. The agreement was ratified by the Parliaments of both the nations in the same year.
The treaty was signed in Simla (also spelt “Shimla”) in India by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, the President of Pakistan, and Indira Gandhi, the Prime Minister of India. The agreement also paved the way for diplomatic recognition of Bangladesh by Pakistan.
The agreement converted the cease-fire line of 17 December 1971 into the Line of Control (LOC) between India and Pakistan and it was agreed that “neither side shall seek to alter it unilaterally, irrespective of mutual differences and legal interpretations”
😀Thought of the day
When the flower 💐🌸🌼blooms, the bees🐝 come uninvited. 🙏🏻
JOKE OF THE DAY
Wife asked her husband to give the newspaper.🎫
Husband🤓 : How backward you are? Technology has developed so much and you are still asking for the newspaper📰🗞️..??? Take my iPad……📱
Wife took the iPad and killed the cockroach . Husband faints.😬🤐
Moral : Whatever the wife asks, give her without argument. Show your smartness in office, not@ home 😆😅😂🤪
Why can’t we see stars during daytime✨🌟
Stars aren’t visible during the sunlit hours of daytime because the light-scattering properties of our atmosphere spread sunlight across the sky. Seeing the dim light of a distant star in the blanket of photons from our Sun becomes as difficult as spotting a single snowflake in a blizzard
बाहुः (Bahu) : Arm
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a memory card/SD card work?**
An SD (Secure Digital) card is a solid-state device. This means it has no moving parts in order to function. Inside the SD card is circuitry that includes flash memory.
Data in an SD card is stored on a series of electronic components called NAND chips. These chips allow data to be written and stored on the SD card. As the chips have no moving parts, data can be transferred from the cards quickly, far exceeding the speeds available to CD or hard-drive media.
Each SD card comes formatted with a File Allocation Table (FAT) file system. When a card is placed in an activated device, such as a camera or a cellphone, a small electrical current from the device moves electrons in the flash memory chip. The digital patterns stored on the chip correlate to the data stored there. Data is erased when a slightly higher voltage is applied to the circuit.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
The Union Public Service Commission. commonly abbreviated as UPSC , is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. The agency’s charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India
Formed on 1 October 1926
Headquarters Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi
Dr. Manoj Soni (Chairman)
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Dhanraj Pillay (born 16 July 1968) is a retired Indian field hockey player and former captain of the Indian national team.
He currently serves as the manager of the team.
His debut in 1989 with the national team and in a career spanning over 15 years, appeared for India in 4 Olympic Games, World Cups & Champion Trophies each. He made 339 appearances for the national team & is recorded, unofficially, to have scored 170 goals.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
A taste of your own medicine – When you are mistreated the same way you mistreat others
HARMONY x Discord, discord
HARMONY : Conformity, Amicability
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
In Santana Dharma Why lotus consider as special?
The lotus is the symbol of truth, auspiciousness and beauty (satyam, shivam, sundaram).
The Lord is also that nature and therefore, His various aspects are compared to a lotus (i.e.
lotus-eyes, lotus feet, lotus hands, the lotus of the heart etc.).
The lotus blooms with the rising sun and close at night. Similarly, our minds open up and
expand with the light of knowledge. The lotus grows even in slushy areas. It remains
beautiful and untainted despite its surroundings, reminding us that we too can and should
strive to remain pure and beautiful within, under all circumstances.
The lotus leaf never gets wet even though it is always in water. It symbolizes the man of
wisdom (gyaani) who remains ever joyous, unaffected by the world of sorrow and change.
This is revealed in a shloka from the Bhagwad-Geeta
Sangam tyaktvaa karoti yaha
Lipyate na sa paapena
Padma patram ivaambhasaa!
Meaning of this slokha : The person who does actions, offering them to Brahman(the Supreme), abandoning attachment is not tainted by sin, just as a lotus leaf which remains unaffected by the water on it.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Natural remedies for hair growth
Aloe vera has long been used for treatingTrusted Source hair loss. It also soothes the scalp and conditions hair. It can reduce dandruff and unblock hair follicles that may be blocked by excess oil.
Coconut oil Trusted Source contains fatty acids that penetrate inside the hair shaft and reduce protein loss from hair. Coconut oil can be used either before or after you wash your hair depending on your hair type.
Fish oil : Consuming omega fatty acids can help to improve your hair from the inside, since they are filled with nutrients and proteins.
Onion juice You can blend a few onions and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice to your scalp and hair and leave in for at least 15 minutes. Then shampoo normally.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼