IMPORTANT ORGANIZATIONS https://youtu.be/n97Ep-4RxuY?si=NEBDT6kEKsofRUfF
- The Vice-President of India, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar made a clarion call to the corporate leaders to handhold institutions to promote research and development with focus on disruptive technologies. Vice-President addresses inaugural ceremony of 150th year celebrations of Indian Meteorological Department.
- Festivals of harvest – Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Uttarayan, and Magh Bihu are been celebrated in different parts of the country yesterday. These festivals mark the end of winter and the onset of longer days.
- President Droupadi Murmu paid a visit to the Prime Ministers’ Sangrahalaya in New Delhi.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is now gearing up to launch INSAT-3DS satellites on-board the Geosynchronous Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F14), its more advanced rocket that uses liquid propellant.
- PM Modi released the first installment to one lakh beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin under the Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PM-JANMAN) through video conferencing.
- The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) on Monday announced that FASTags that have balance but owners have not completed the KYC with banks will be deactivated after 31 Jan 2024.
- The grand consecration ceremony of Ayodhya’s Ram Temple is just one week away. Starting January 16, the vedic rituals for the ‘pran pratishtha’ (consecration) of Ram Lalla, the infant form of Lord Ram, are set to initiate. On the seventh and final day of the vedic rituals, Lord Ram will be ceremoniously seated in the temple between 12:15 pm to 12:45 pm.
- A new idol of Ram Lalla sculpted by Mysuru-based Arun Yogiraj has been selected for installation at the Ram temple in Ayodhya, temple trust’s general secretary Champat Rai said. Current idol of Ram Lalla, which is being worshipped for the last 70 years, will also be kept in the sanctum sanctorum of the new temple.
- Bengaluru’s Namma Metro network is set to expand again, with a new 37-km line planned between Sarjapur and Hebbal. The enhancement of Namma Metro connectivity in Bengaluru is in progress with the development of a detailed project report (DPR) for a new line connecting Sarjapur and Hebbal.
- In Maharashtra,
Uddhav Thackeray faction of Shiv Sena moves Supreme Court against Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Speaker Rahul Narwekar’s ruling in favour of Shinde group. Uddhav Thackeray challenging order declaring the Sena bloc led by Chief Minister Eknath Shinde as the ‘real political party’ after its split in June 2022.
- Bahujan Samaj Party president Mayawati on Monday said her party would contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections on its own but did not rule out a post-poll alliance.
- Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Ajay Rai and other party leaders paid obeisance to Ram Lalla in Ayodhya after taking a holy dip in the Saryu river on Makar Sankranti festival on Monday.
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Lays Foundation for a Medical College and Hospital in Panchkula. It will be built on 30 acres of land at a cost of 800 crore rupees.
- PM Modi will inaugurate the new campus of National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes & Narcotics (NACIN) at Palasamudram on 16 January 2024.
- Rahul Gandhi Leads Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra Across Manipur-Nagaland Border.
- Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar on Monday said that a meeting of the state level Lok Sabha election committee will be held on January 19 in Bengaluru followed by a party workers convention on Jan 21 in Mangaluru.
- Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President G Rudra Raju on Monday tendered his resignation to the party high command in Delhi, setting off speculation that Y S Sharmila is highly likely to assume that role.
- Recently, Sharmila merged her YSR Telangana Party (YSRTP) with the Congress at Delhi in the presence of Rahul Gandhi and emerged as a newly minted frontline Congress leader of Andhra Pradesh.
- PM Modi has expressed grief over the passing away of noted Urdu poet Munawwar Rana. He was 71.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
International Court of Justice Prz.: Joan Donoghue
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday charge-sheeted one of the two members of the ISIS Jharkhand module arrested last year, as part of the agency’s crackdown on the proscribed global terrorist organisation.The accused, identified as Faizan Ansari alias Faiz.
- BRS leader and former Telangana chief minister KCR’s daughter K Kavitha has been summoned by Enforcement Directorate today in the Delhi liquor policy case.
- A passenger on an IndiGo flight was arrested after he assaulted a pilot who was making an announcement regarding a delay in takeoff at the Delhi airport.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on Monday released new guidelines to address the chaotic situations witnessed at Delhi airport on Sunday due to dense fog. In the standard operating procedure (SOP) titled “Facilities to be provided to passengers by airlines in cases of denied boarding, flight cancellations, and delays,” the DGCA stated that airlines are permitted to cancel flights anticipated to face delays or significant delays exceeding three hours.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
IMF MD: Kristalina Georgieva
$ USD ₹ 82.84
💷 GBP ₹ 105.42
€ Euro: ₹ 90.73
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
India is the fifth largest economy in the world.
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr
(17.7% of the total world population).
BSE SENSEX: 73,327.94 +759.48 (1.05%)🌲
NIFTY: 22,097.45 +202.90 (0.93%)🌲
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 63,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 76,800/KG
⛽ FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 76/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
⛽ FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 106/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 903/14.2 Kg
- Tesla production coming into India would be a ‘win-win’ situation for both parties, as it would provide the company with the opportunity to leverage 1.4 billion people and will create an ecosystem of chip manufacturing in the country.
- Highlighting the robust nature of the India-US relationship, Mukesh Aghi, President and CEO of the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF), underscored that trade between the two nations has exceeded USD 200 billion.Aghi emphasized collaborative efforts in areas such as engines, quantum computing, artificial intelligence (AI), cybersecurity, and space partnerships.
- The government has decided to do away with requirement of license to operate and maintain the dedicated transmission lines by power generating companies for them to connect to the grid.
- India Post Payments Banks (IPPB) has achieved a significant milestone of over eight crore customers benefiting from its innovative and inclusive financial services.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII): R Madhavan
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- HanuMan: Teja Sajja’s Telugu film shatters box office record, becomes first hit of 2024. So far, the movie has crossed Rs 45 crore in India.
- Released on January 12, a few days ahead of the festival Pongal, Prashanth Varma’s Telugu drama has been shattering records ever since. With whopping earnings in the opening weekend, the movie has surpassed the first three collections of Hindi-dubbed versions of blockbusters like KGF: Chapter 1 and Kantara.
- PM Modi has shared a devotional rendition of Paluke Bangaaramaayena sung by Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna dedicated to Lord Shri Ram.
Supreme Commander of Armed Forces: The President
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Def Minister of State: Ajay Bhatt
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- India marked Army Day on Monday (January 15) with a grand parade in Lucknow, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauding the unwavering commitment and sacrifices of Army personnel. The day also gives us a peak in India’s defence capabilities as it faces the challenges of modern warfare.
- DRDO testing Amogha-1 a second generation guided anti-tank missile with a range up to 2.8 km. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh highlighted that the military is continuously being equipped with modern weapons.
- India has become the first country to demonstrate the capability of engaging four aerial targets simultaneously at 25 km ranges by command guidance using a single firing unit with the recent firing of the ‘Akash’ missile by the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- The Indian Army’s surveillance capability along the border with Punjab is all set to get a boost as the force is set to deploy its Drishti-10 medium-altitude, long-endurance drones at a forward base in the Punjab sector.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) received a substantial batch of Astra Mk1 Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missiles on Sunday, and Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) says it’s ready to be exported.
- The Brazilian Navy commissioned the second of the four Scorpene submarines of the ProSub program, Humaita at the Itaguai Naval base in Rio de Janeiro.The Humaita has notably been built entirely in Brazil by Itaguai Construcoes Navais (ICN).
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh graced the Shaurya Sandhya programme organised on the occasion of Army Day in Lucknow. It showcased various forms of martial arts, combat displays and fly-past.
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Maldives President Mohamed Muizzu has asked the Indian government to withdraw the Indian troops from the island nation before 15 March.
- PM Modi on Monday held a telephone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The two leaders agreed to develop a roadmap for future initiatives to further strengthen the India-Russia Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday called on Iran President Dr Ebrahim Raisi and conveyed greetings of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Jaishankar, who is on a two-day visit to Iran, apprised Dr Raisi of his discussions with Iranian ministers.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar announced that the Government of India has decided to include Farsi (Persian) as one of the nine classical languages in India under the New Education Policy.
- In a warm gesture, India has gifted 10 executive buses, 5 ambulances, 10 tractors and 2664 flags/flag poles to Uganda ahead of the NAM (Non-aligned Movement) contact group summit, which will take place in Kampala this month.It will be the 19th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement, which will be held this month.
- The 54th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum has begun at Davos, Switzerland.
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Maldives President Mohamed Muizzu said that the country might be small, but it does not give anyone the licence to “bully” them, he just concluded his state visit to China.
- As Maldives President Mohammad Muizzu returned from his first foreign visit to China he was in for a rude shock when his party had to concede defeat in the prestigious Mayoral elections in the city of Male.The residents of Male voted for Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) candidate Adam Azim, who belongs to the opposition.
- A United States-owned ship was struck by a missile off the coast of Yemen on Monday (Jan 15). The UK maritime risk company Ambrey said that a fire broke out on board the Marshall Islands-flagged, US-owned bulk carrier, further informing that no one was hurt in the incident and that the ship was still seaworthy.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres urgently calls for an “immediate humanitarian ceasefire” in Gaza as the Israel-Hamas conflict crosses 100 days.
- The COP29 climate summit organising committee in Azerbaijan, consisting of 28 men and no women, faces criticism from the She Changes Climate group for its lack of gender diversity. Concerns also arise over potential conflicts of interest due to ties to the fossil fuel industry.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Indian Shooter Yogesh Singh Wins Gold in Men’s 25m Centre Fire Pistol at Asia Olympic Qualifiers on Monday in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- In women’s event, the Indian trio of Shreyasi, Manisha Keer and Bhavya Tripathi, however, won the silver medal in the women’s trap team event with a total of 328, finishing behind China and ahead of Kazakhstan.
- 15 January 2024
SMS Indoor stadium, Jaipur Match 73
Bengal Warriors– 35
Bengaluru Bulls-29 Match 74
Jaipur Pink Panthers-31
- In Hockey, the Indian women’s hockey team beat New Zealand 3-1 in its second Pool B match of the FIH Hockey Olympic Qualifiers 2024 at the Marang Gomke Jaipal Singh Astroturf Hockey Stadium in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
The word “Jhar” means ‘forest’ and “Khand” means ‘land’.
Before was Part of Bihar: 15 Nov 2000
Governor: C. P. Radhakrishnan
CM: Hemant Soren (JMM)
In Bharat there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of Bharat:142 cr (2023)
President of Bharat: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajya Sabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha: 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
Kohima is called the land of the Angami Naga tribe and derives its name from ‘Kewhira’ or ‘Kewhima’, meaning the land where the Kewhi flower grows. The city serpentines along the mountain ranges to the top and offers a pristine and seamless blend of nature and tribal traditions and culture.
The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
Examiner: where is your hall ticket
Pappu: my teacher said dont take any papers along with you to exam hall so i wishfully forgot that..
Why we get White hairs.
When there are fewer pigment cells in a hair follicle, that strand of hair will no longer contain as much melanin and will become a more transparent color — like gray, silver, or white — as it grows. As people continue to get older, fewer pigment cells will be around to produce melanin.
अति सर्वनाशहेतुर्ह्यतोऽत्यन्तं विवर्जयेत्।
ati sarvanāśaheturhyato’tyantaṃ vivarjayet।
Hence one should avoid it in any case.
इसलिये अति का सर्वथा परिहार करे।
REXINE It was made of cloth surfaced with a mixture of cellulose nitrate (a low explosive also used as the propellant in firearms rounds), camphor oil, pigment and alcohol, embossed to look like leather.
Four Indian states share a border with Pakistan: Punjab (547 km), Rajasthan (1,035 km), Gujarat (512 km) and Jammu & Kashmir (1,216 km), with a combined shared border of 3,310 km
Land of Lakes: Scotland
(a) Sudini Jaipal Reddy (16 January 1942 – 28 July 2019) was an Indian politician who was the Member of Parliament in the Lok Sabha of India for five terms.
He represented the Chevella constituency of Telangana and was a member of the Indian National Congress.
He served as a Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting.
(b) Nanabhoy Palkhivala (16-Jan-1920 – 11-Dec-2002) Indian Lawyer and Ambassador of India to The United States of America.
(c) VIJAY SETHUPATHI 16-Jan-1978 actor
Place of Birth: Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu.
There’s a method to his madness.
He seems crazy but actually he’s clever.
Frequent × Seldom
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pradyumna was son of Lord Krishna and 61st grandson of Adinarayan. His mother was Rukmini, whom Lord Krishna had abducted from Vidarbha on her invitation. Pradyumna was born in Dvaraka. He was the incarnate of the demigod Kamdeva.
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Sweet potatoes शकरकंद help prevent Vitamin A deficiency. It can also help manage diabetes. Sweet potatoes are also memory-enhancing foods.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️