𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
16 Jan (Sunday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 28, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 14 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Rahu Kaal : 04:38 PM – 05:59 PM
Weekend News Review : https://youtu.be/IgjFmdbQCEs
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage crosses 156 Crore mark.
- The Union Government has said that more than 157 crore 87 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been provided to States and Union Territories so far.
- PM Modi interacted with Startups through video conferencing. On this occasion, he announced, 16th January will be celebrated as National Start-Ups Day.
- Election Commission extends ban on physical rallies till Jan 22. It has directed State and District Administration to ensure compliance of all instructions related to Model Code of Conduct and COVID.
- Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is organizing a conference on PM-Gati Shakti for the South Zone on Monday to deliberate on its action plans and projects.
- Enforcement Directorate (ED) has attached assets worth over 48 lakh rupees belonging to Rajeev Sharma, journalist in connection with a money laundering investigation. The attached asset is the residential property in the name of the journalist at Pitampura, New Delhi.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu paid his tributes to the great philosopher, distinguished saint and revered Tamil poet, Thiruvalluvar on Thiruvalluvar Day.
- Republic Day celebrations from this year onwards will begin from January 23 instead of January 24 to include the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Jammu & Kashmir administration on Saturday re-imposed weekend lockdown and said that night curfew shall continue to remain in force in all districts from 9 pm-6 am with complete restrictions on non-essential movement in the Union Territory.
- KERALA govt has decided to suspend offline classes of grades 1 to 9 for two weeks in all educational institutions in view of a surge in COVID-19 cases.
- PUNJAB : Congress releases list of 86 candidates for upcoming Punjab assembly polls; CM Channi contests from Chamkaur Sahib.
- UTTAR PRADESH : BJP releases a list of 107 candidates for upcoming UP assembly elections.
CM Yogi Adityanath will be the party’s candidate from Gorakhpur city assembly seat and Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya will be the BJP candidate from Sirathu in Prayagraj district. Former Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya will fight from Agra Rural assembly seat
- WEST BENGAL State Election Commission (WBSEC) has decided to defer civic body polls to February 12, 2022 due to Covid rise.
💷 GBP 101.73
BSE Sensex 59,744.65
NIFTY : 18,255.75
- The 9-day long 20th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) was inaugurated at the National Museum premises in Dhaka on 15 Jan. The film festival is showcasing 225 films spread in ten categories. Films from 70 countries are being shown at various venues during the festival.
- Actor Aamir Khan is set to collaborate again with his ex-wife Kiran Rao after her directorial debut ‘Dhobi Ghat’ in 2010. A comedy-drama, helmed by Aamir Khan Productions, is being directed by Rao. The shooting reportedly started in Pune on January 8. The project is being seen as a comeback for Rao after 12 years.
- Army Chief General M M Naravane has said that the incidents of violence have come down significantly due to the continuous efforts of the security forces. Speaking at a function on Army Day in New Delhi, General Naravane said, a total of 194 terrorists were killed in counter operations in the last one year. He said, in line of control, the situation is better than last year but Pakistan is still harbouring terrorists near the border.
- The world’s largest national flag, the Indian Tricolor made from Khadi, was displayed along the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan’s Longewala, on the occasion of 74th Army Day. Flag is 225 feet long, 150 feet wide & weighs around 1400 kilogram, Ashoka Chakra in center has a diameter of 30 feet
- New Army Combat Pattern Uniform developed with the help of NIFT after going through options of 15 patterns, 8 designs, 4 fabrics. Camouflage uniform is based on digital disruptive pattern and available in 13 sizes.
- The Haryana government has approved the payment of financial assistance of ₹50 lakh to the family of Brigadier LS Lidder, CM Manohar Lal Khattar said on Friday. Brigadier Lidder had lost his life along with CDS General Bipin Rawat in the helicopter crash in Tamil Nadu last month. One dependent from Lidder’s family will also be given a government job.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev instructed the country’s National Security Council to establish a Special Operations Force, reported Sputnik citing Presidential press service. The report also said that Tokayev ordered the council to submit proposals to reform the national security system. This comes in the wake of recent anti-government demonstrations over fuel price hike in Kazakhstan.
- Thousands of people took to streets in Vienna, Austria on Saturday to protest against the government’s next-month plans to initiate mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for all.
- The ATM services became operational in Afghanistan from Saturday, the first time since the Taliban came to power. The decision was made after a series of talks with commercial banks, said the central bank of Afghanistan. Reportedly, till now, people in the country had to wait in long queues outside banks to withdraw money.
- Brazil begins COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 5 to 11. Last month, the country cleared the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children.
- Tsunami hits Pacific coast of Japan after volcanic eruption in Tonga. A 1.2-meter tsunami was observed in the city of Amami, while a 1.1-meter tsunami arrived in Iwate Prefecture, according to Kyodo News. The Japan Meteorological Agency warned that a 3-meter tsunami may hit some of Japan’s southwestern islands.
- PRO KABADDI
January 15, 2022
U Mumba 32
Bengal Warriors 32
U.P. Yoddha 39
Telugu Titans 33
Haryana Steelers 25
Dabang Delhi K.C 28
- Virat Kohli has stepped down as the Test: Captain of the Indian Men’s cricket team. The decision comes after the series defeat against South Africa. Kohli announced his decision to step down through a post on social media.
- World championship bronze medallist Lakshya Sen registered scintillating win to advance to the men’s singles finals at India Open badminton. Lakshya Sen entered his maiden summit clash with a come-from behind win over Malaysia’s Ng Tze Yong 19-21, 21-16, 21-12.
- Olympic medalist Mirabai Chanu joins Manipur Police as ASP (Sports), Mirabai Chanu on Saturday formally took charge as Additional Superintendent of Police (Sports) in the Manipur Police. Mirabai won the country’s first silver medal in weightlifting in the Tokyo Olympics held in 2021.
- Top seed PV Sindhu lost to sixth seeded Supanida Katethong of Thailand 14-21, 21-13, 10-21 in women’s singles semi-finals at India Open 2022 on Saturday.
PAKISTAN : Islamabad
PM : Imran Khan
1 Pakistani Rupee equals
0.42 Indian Rupee
NAGALAND : Kohima
CM : Neiphiu Rio
Gvnr : Prof Jagdish Mukhi
🥇Gold ₹49,090@10RF gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,500@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 98.05
⛽ Diesel ₹ 84.59
LPG : ₹919/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Kohima is called the land of the Angami Naga tribe and derives its name from ‘Kewhira’ or ‘Kewhima’, meaning the land where the Kewhi flower grows. The city serpentines along the mountain ranges to the top and offers a pristine and seamless blend of nature and tribal traditions and culture.
😀Thought of the day
The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Examiner : where is your hall ticket
Pappu : my teacher said dont take any papers along with you to exam hall so i wishfully forgot that..
Why we get White hairs.
When there are fewer pigment cells in a hair follicle, that strand of hair will no longer contain as much melanin and will become a more transparent color — like gray, silver, or white — as it grows. As people continue to get older, fewer pigment cells will be around to produce melanin.
अति सर्वनाशहेतुर्ह्यतोऽत्यन्तं विवर्जयेत्।
ati sarvanāśaheturhyato’tyantaṃ vivarjayet।
Excess is the cause of the ruin.
Hence one should avoid it in any case.
अति सर्वनाश का कारण है।
इसलिये अति का सर्वथा परिहार करे।
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
REXINE It was made of cloth surfaced with a mixture of cellulose nitrate (a low explosive also used as the propellant in firearms rounds), camphor oil, pigment and alcohol, embossed to look like leather
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Four Indian states share a border with Pakistan: Punjab (547 km), Rajasthan (1,035 km), Gujarat (512 km) and Jammu & Kashmir (1,216 km), with a combined shared border of 3,310 km
Land of Lakes : Scotland
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Nanaboy “Nani” Ardeshir Palkhivala (16 January 1920 – 11 December 2002) was an Indian jurist and economist.
He was an Indian Lawyer and an Ambassador of India to The United States of America
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
There’s a method to his madness
He seems crazy but actually he’s clever
Frequent – Seldom
Lucid – Clear
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Pradyumna was son of Lord Krishna and 61st grandson of Adinarayan. His mother was Rukmini, whom Lord Krishna had abducted from Vidarbha on her invitation. Pradyumna was born in Dvaraka. He was the incarnate of the demigod Kamdeva.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Notes : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Sweet potatoes शकरकंद help prevent Vitamin A deficiency. It can also help manage diabetes. Sweet potatoes are also memory-enhancing foods
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼