𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
16 Dec (Thursday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Agrahayana 27, (Purnimata)
Agrahayana 12 (Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Rahu Kaal : 01:41 PM – 03:01 PM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 135 crore landmark milestone . More than 53 lakh vaccine doses have been administered till 15 Dec.
- Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan held meeting with States/UTs to review status of Medical Oxygen devices.
- PM Modi will take part in the National Conclave on Natural Farming today in Anand, Gujarat via video conferencing.
- Union Cabinet has approved implementation of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana for 2021-26. The scheme will benefit about 22 lakh farmers.
- Union Cabinet has approved programme for Development of Semiconductors and Display Manufacturing Ecosystem in the country. Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur said, 76 thousand crore rupees will be spent on this project in the next six years. He said, this will strengthen India’s journey towards Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
- On December 14, 2021, Supreme Court observed that fundamental rights are guaranteed to every citizen irrespective of vocation and directed the central government to start the process of issuing voter ID, Aadhaar and ration cards to sex workers. Supreme court also directed centre to keep providing dry ration to sex workers.
- ANDHRA PRADESH , at least 9 people, including the driver were killed and several others injured in a major bus accident in West Godavari district on 15 Dec afternoon. According to the police, the APSRTC bus which was carrying 47 passengers, overturned and plunged into the Jalleruagu rivulet near Jangareddygudem in the district. At least 26 people were seriously injured in the accident.
The incident took place when the bus was on its way to Jangareddy gudem in West Godavari from Aswaraopeta in Bhadradri Kothagudem District of Telangana State.
- CHANDIGARH : The Ministry of Tourism has approved Rs49.51 crore for the development of Gurdwara Nada Sahib, Panchkula, and the Mansa Devi temple under the “Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive” (PRASAD) scheme of the Centre.
- HIMACHAL : Union cabinet has approved the Renuka Dam project as a part of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Saknhayee Yojana (PMKSY). Renuka dam is a national project conceived as a storage project on Giri river, a tributary of Yamuna river, in Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- J & K: An ‘A+’ category terrorist of proscribed terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) was on Wednesday killed in a gunfight with the security forces in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
- KERALA on Wednesday reported four fresh cases of Omicron, taking the state’s tally of those infected with the new coronavirus variant to five.
12.MAHARSHTRA :The NCB officer Sameer Wankhede has sought more time from the Mumbai district caste certificate scrutiny committee to submit his caste validity certificate. The zonal director of the Narcotics Control Bureau has been accused of submitting incorrect caste information to the government. Wankhede and the complainant were to attend a hearing by the committee on Monday.
- TAMIL NADU on Wednesday reported its first case of the new coronavirus variant Omicron as a 47-year-old man who returned from Nigeria tested positive, Health Minister Ma Subramanian said.
- WEST BENGAL govt issued an order on 15 Dec to extend the COVID-19 restrictions till January 15, in view of the new coronavirus variant Omicron. The order said restrictions will remain on public movement from 11 pm to 5 am, but it shall be relaxed from December 24 to January 1 for Christmas and New Year celebrations.
- LEH : Ladakh received its first ever FM radio station in the capital city Leh. The frequency for Leh & Kargil will be 91.1 FM. It will cover 50 kilometres aerial distance in radius.
- Miss Universe 2021 Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu arrives in Mumbai after winning the beauty pageant, which took place in Eilat, Israel. The 21-year-old became the third Indian to win the pageant after Sushmita Sen and Lara Dutta.
- The Supreme Court has warned the Enforcement Directorate against indiscriminate use of the law to control money laundering. Chief Justice NV Ramana said., “You (ED) are diluting the Act (Prevention of Money Laundering Act)…If you start using it as a weapon against 10,000 rupees case and 100 rupees case, what will happen,”
- Healthcare technology firm Innovaccer has raised $150 million in a financing round led by Mubadala Capital. The company is now valued at $3.2 billion. This is more than double of what it was valued, at $1.3 billion, after it last raised capital in February 2021.
- The RBI has fined PNB ₹1.80 crore and imposed a ₹30-lakh penalty on ICICI Bank. PNB’s fine related to the bank’s shareholding in borrower companies, as pledgee, of an amount exceeding 30% of paid-up share capital of those companies. ICICI Bank was fined for violating rules regarding levy of penal charges on non-maintenance of minimum balances in savings bank accounts.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput-starrer 2019 film ‘Chhichhore’ will be opening at 11,000 screens in over 100 cities in China on January 7, 2022. The film had made over ₹7 crore on its first day and crossed ₹100 crore mark after two weeks of release in India in 2019. ‘Chhichhore’ won the 2021 National Film Award for Best Feature Film.
- Ranbir Kapoor-starrer ‘Brahmāstra’ will release on September 9, 2022 in five Indian languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. Director Ayan Mukerji has said that, in his mind, it is not a superhero film but a modern mythology piece.
- SWARNIM VIJAY VARSH : Indian Armed Forces secured a decisive victory over Pakistan which resulted in the Liberation of Bangladesh in 1971. It was the largest military surrender after the Second World War. The Indian Armed Forces along with Mukti Bahini liberated Bangladesh in a span of just 13 days.
- After the demise of CDS Gen Bipin Rawat and until the new CDS is appointed, Indian Army chief General MM Naravane has taken over as the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee.
- Indian Army chief General MM Naravane, being the senior-most, has taken over as the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee as was the practice before the office of the CDS came into being.
- Decorated air warrior Group Captain Varun Singh passed away at a military hospital in Bengaluru on 15 Dec ( Wednesday), a week after he was seriously injured in the chopper crash near Coonoor,Tamil Nadu.
UPSC CISF Recruitment 2021: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to hold a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2022 for filling the vacancies of Assistant Commandants (Executive) in the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
The Commission also said that the examination will be held in New Delhi on March 13, 2022. The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of the examination will be 19 (General-14, SC-03, ST-02).
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Prez Ram Nath holds delegation level talks with Prez of Bangladesh Md Abdul Hamid in Dhaka; Also to take part in the 50th Victory Day celebrations of Bangladesh. On this occasion, a 122 member tri-services contingent from the Indian armed forces will also participate in the parade.
- The President visited the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum to pay his respects to Bangladesh’s Father of Nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- President Kovind presented a small-scale model of MIG 21 used in 1971 as a token of friendship between the two countries. President Kovind and Prime Minister Hasina discussed several issues of mutual interest and bilateral cooperation between the two countries. They also reviewed progress in the multifaceted and comprehensive bilateral ties.
- UNESCO has added Durga Puja to the representative list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The 16th Committee of UNESCO for safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) in its meeting held in Paris has inscribed DURGA PUJA in KOLKATA on the representative list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. This is the 1st festival in Asia to achieve recognition as UNESCO ICH of Humanity.
- The govt today said, there is no proposal to restart the use of Chinese applications in the country which had been banned earlier. In a written reply in Lok Sabha, Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said.
- India, Iran and Uzbekistan held talks on joint use of the Chabahar Port. They also underlined the importance role played by the port in enhancing regional connectivity. It was the second such virtual meeting among them on developing the strategically important port.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- United Nations International Organization for Migration said on Wednesday the UN has launched a COVID-19 vaccination campaign for stranded migrants in Yemen. It aims to inoculate around 7,500 migrants in its centres in Aden and Marib provinces.
- Japanese Health Ministry panel has approved use of Moderna vaccine as COVID-19 booster dose amid threats posed by Omicron. The panel greenlighted administration of booster shot in individuals aged 18 and above at least six months after they’ve taken their second vaccine dose. The booster will reportedly be provided free of charge to the general public from January.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping termed US’ Summit for Democracy as “counterproductive”. The two leaders, who held a virtual meeting on 15 Dec, mutually agreed that the summit had divided the international community.
- The European Medicines Agency (EMA) on Wednesday said they recommend a booster shot of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least two months after a first dose for people aged 18 and older. Amid fears of the rapidly spreading Omicron variant, the EMA recommendation comes after data shows an additional shot led to a rise of antibodies against COVID-19.
- China has once again made headlines with its ambitious “floating nuclear reactor” project — ACPR50S — that has been tested extensively to check its resilience against hurricanes and extreme weather events. The 60-megawatt reactor is being developed off China’s East Coast to power oil rigs and islands in the Bohai Waterway, an inner sea with generally calm waters.
- Amid the controversy surrounding his ouster as ODI captain, Virat Kohli, in a press conference, said nothing can derail him from being motivated to play for India.
- IND v SA: India To Leave For South Africa On December 16, To Stay In Bio-Bubble For 44 Days.
- The Indian team which lands in South Africa will remain inside a bio-bubble until the Test series ends on January 15, while the members part of the ODI series will have to spend an additional eight days, making it a total of 44 days inside the restricted environment.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach said most governments from 90 participating countries will not join diplomatic boycotts of the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing. The US, UK and Australia are among several countries that recently announced a diplomatic boycott of the Games, over China’s human rights record. “We are responsible for the Olympic Games,” Bach said.
$USD 76.21💷GBP 101.04
JHARKHAND : RANCHI
CM : Hemant Soren
Gvnr : Ramesh Bais
🥇Gold ₹49,900@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹64,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 98.52
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.56
LPG : ₹957/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 57,788.03
NIFTY : 17,221.40
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
On December 16th, 1971, the Chief of the Pakistani Forces, General Niazi along with his 93,000 soldiers surrendered to Indian forces. Vijay Diwas is also celebrated as ‘Bijoy Dibos’ or Bangladesh Liberation Day in Bangladesh, which signifies the official independence of Bangladesh from Pakistan.
Pakistan changed his position dramatically and announced he would accept a ceasefire with India. After his forces in East Pakistan surrendered unconditionally on 16 Dec 1971.
😀Thought of the day
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
JOKE OF THE DAY
Wife : whenever we keep the money in the bags our son steals it,
I don’t know what to do?😳
Husband : Keep it in his books. He never open them.🤪
Why is China Clay is Famous?
Kaolin, also called china clay, soft white clay that is an essential ingredient in the manufacture of china and porcelain and is widely used in the making of paper, rubber, paint, and many other products. Kaolin is named after the hill in China (Kao-ling) from which it was mined for centuries.
China clay, one of the purest of the clays, composed chiefly of the mineral kaolinite usually formed when granite is changed by hydrothermal metamorphism. … Some authorities term as china clays the more plastic of the kaolins.
Please say that again कृपया पुनर्वदतु (kṛpayā punarvadatu)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How colour blindness causes
Diseases that damage the optic nerve or the retina of the eye can cause acquired color blindness.
Color blindness is a genetic condition caused by a difference in how one or more of the light-sensitive cells found in the retina of the eye respond to certain colors. These cells, called cones, sense wavelengths of light, and enable the retina to distinguish between colors.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
16 December- Vijay Diwas
Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 16 December in India to remember the martyrs, their sacrifices, and to strengthen the role of armed forces for the cause of the nation.
16-December-1952 Sri Ramalu Potiu sacrificed his life for the demand
Separate Andhra Pradesh state for the Telugu- speaking people.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Hardanahalli Devegowda Kumaraswamy (born 16 December 1959) is an Indian politician who is the former Chief Minister of Karnataka.
He is a former president of the Karnataka State Janata Dal (Secular) and son of former Prime Minister of India H. D. Deve Gowda.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Have your head in the clouds Not be concentrating
Exactly – Precisely
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Lord Kartikeya, the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, is known by different names – Swaminatha, Murugan, Muruga, Kumara, Skanda, Shanmukha, etc. Lord Murugan is also popularly known as Subramaniam that is a common name in South India. He seems to have been a popular war god who was also the elder brother of Lord Ganesha.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼