16 Aug (Wednesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month: Sravana 30, (Purnimanta & Amanta)
Nakshatra: Ashlesha (up to 4:57 pm) Magha
Tithi: Amavasya (up to 3:08 pm) Pratipada
Rahu: 12:31 PM – 02:07 PM
Yamaganda : 07:43 AM – 09:19 AM
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LEMON WATER : https://youtu.be/iThBoASRsfc
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- President Droupadi Murmu on 15th August 2023 visited the National War Memorial in the national capital and paid tributes to the Martyrs on the occasion of 77th Independence Day.
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu hosted the At-Home reception on the occasion of 77th Independence Day at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- PM Modi led the 77th Independence Day celebrations by hoisting the National Flag and addressing the Nation from the Ramparts of historic Red Fort.
- Around 1,800 special guests from all over country participated in Independence Day celebration at Red Fort.
- Prime Minister has said that India has demography, democracy, and diversity and this Triveni has the potential to make every dream of India come true.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya met 50 nurses along with their family members at his residence to honor them, who were invited as Special Guests to witness and participate in the Independence Day Celebrations at the Red Fort in New Delhi.
- Chandrayaan 3 mission by ISRO assumes near circular orbit towards the moon.
- MAHARASHTRA CM Eknath Shinde launches a mobile app & WhatsApp helpline for Chief Minister’s Medical Assistance Fund.
- In the Kashmir Valley, Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha hoisted the Tricolour on the occasion of 77th Independence Day celebrations at Bakshi Stadium in Srinagar.
- In Ladakh, Kargil celebrated the 77th Independence Day at Khree Sultan Choo Sports Stadium Kargil, where Deputy Commissioner Kargil Shriant Suse Hoisted the National Flag and took a salute at an impressive March Past.
- On the occasion of Independence Day Lt. Governor Admiral D K Joshi hoisted the National Flag at Netaji Stadium in Port Blair. He inspected the parade and gave away commendation Certificates to 12 individuals for their exemplary contributions in various fields.
- The Railways Ministry is embarking on a significant endeavor aimed at establishing Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) at railway stations throughout the country.
- KARNATAKA CM Siddaramaiah announced the decision to discontinue the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 in the state’s higher education institutions starting from the upcoming academic year.
- State-owned SJVN Ltd. on Monday signed two power purchase agreements with Punjab State Power Corp. Ltd. (PSPCL) for setting up a 200 MW solar project in the state, and a 1,000 MW solar project anywhere in the country.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has slammed the Jammu & Kashmir Government for selecting three projects under the Tourism Ministry’s” Swadesh Darshan” scheme.
- ODISHA government has sent a letter to district officials underlining that industry requests to divert forest land for non-forestry purposes now ought to conform with the amended Forest Act and that ‘deemed forests’ as a category would cease to exist.
- Chief Justice of India (CJI) D.Y. Chandrachud on Tuesday announced a plan to expand the Supreme Court with 27 additional courts and 51 judges’ chambers. Currently, the Supreme Court has 17 courtrooms and two registrar courts. Its judicial strength as of now is 32.
- Social activist and founder of ‘Sulabh International’ Bindeshwar Pathak, who campaigned extensively to alleviate the plight of manual scavengers, died at a Delhi hospital due to cardiac arrest, on 15 Aug 2023. He was 80. He established the Sulabh International Social Service in 1970.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The Supreme Court has closed the matter concerning the order passed by the Calcutta high Court’s Port Blair Circuit Bench which suspended Keshav Chandra, the Chief Secretary of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands Administration, and fined Admiral D.K. Joshi, the Lt. Governor, a sum of Rs 5 lakh to be paid “from his own funds” for not implementing its directions in relation to payments to be made to Daily Rated Mazdoors (DRMs).
- Cow vigilante Bittu Bajrangi was arrested on Tuesday in connection with communal clashes that erupted in Haryana’s Nuh district on July 31.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered separate cases against four Indian nationals who are wanted in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for allegedly indulging in cheating and fraud.
- “”””””””” MISHAPS “””””””””””
- HIMACHAL PRADESH: Many houses collapsed, roads blocked, power supply, drinking water affected due to heavy rain & landslides. The death toll in Himachal Pradesh has increased to 60.
- At least five persons were killed while eleven were injured after a piece of an ancient structure fell near the Banke Bihari temple in Vrindavan.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 83.16
GBP ₹ 105.58
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,401.92 +79.27 (0.12%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,434.55 +6.25 (0.032%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Sterling and Wilson Renewable Energy announced that it has bagged new order worth 1,130 crore for 600 MWac (equivalent to 750 MWdc) solar PV project at Khavda from Gujarat Industries Power Company.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
Nelson Dilipkumar’s highly anticipated film Jailer, featuring superstar Rajinikanth in the lead role, has recently graced the theatres, garnering praise from critics and marking its position as the fifth highest-grossing Indian film of 2023. Jailer is Rajinikanth’s 169th film.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- The 19th round of India- China Corps Commander Level Meeting was held at Chushul-Moldo border meeting point on the Indian side on 13th and 14th of this month.
- The Indian Air Force has inducted its latest Heron Mark 2 drones, which have strike capability and can carry out surveillance along the borders.
- The Army ordered ₹7,300 crore worth weapon systems from Indian manufacturers, using emergency purchase powers, to counter border threat from China. Contracts worth another ₹7000 crore are in final stages of procurement and are likely to be signed in the coming weeks. They include drone and counter drone systems, armaments, simulators, communication systems and vehicles.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- President Droupadi Murmu greets people on eve of Parsi New Year.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is organizing Youth 20 Summit-2023 from 17th to 20th of this month in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. More than 100 delegates from G20 countries, Guest countries and International Organizations will discuss five identified themes of Y20.
- In Sri Lanka, the 77th Independence Day was celebrated with enthusiasm in Colombo. Members of Indian diaspora and friends of India participated in the celebration of 77th Independence Day at India House in Colombo.
- President of UAE Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has sent congratulatory messages to Indian President Droupadi Murmu on the occasion of India’s Independence Day.
- In Dubai, UAE, a three-day event celebrating Indian art and heritage, ‘Bharat Utsav’, commenced in Dubai. The festival, which commemorates India’s Independence Day on August 15th, aims to display the country’s diverse cultural richness.
- On India’s Independence Day, Burj Khalifa in Dubai was lit up in India’s tricolor as it displayed the colours of our national flag. A video which is currently doing rounds on social media shows the world’s tallest building lit up as the Indian National Anthem, ‘Jana Gana Mana’, plays in the background.
- 77th Independence Day of India was celebrated at the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- In Russia, at least 35 people were killed and dozens injured in an explosion at a petrol station in southern part of the country.
- Former U.S. President Donald Trump has been charged with a set of criminal charges in the state of Georgia. A grand jury on 14th August 2023 issued an indictment accusing him of efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss to Democrat Joe Biden.
- In Indonesia, domestic workers and activists are protesting against the government for delay in passing a bill to protect domestic workers. Protests took place in many cities including the capital Jakarta.
- An earthquake measuring around 5.4 on the Richter scale jolted Dhaka and some other areas in Bangladesh on 14 Aug evening.
- North Korea asserted Wednesday that a U.S. soldier who bolted into the North across the heavily armed Korean border last month did so after being disillusioned at the inequality of American society. He became the first American detained in the North in nearly five years.
- U.S. President Joe Biden said on Tuesday he will travel to Hawaii “as soon as I can” to review recovery efforts from wildfires that swept across Maui and killed dozens of people.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur yesterday sent off the Indian Women’s Handball team at his residence in Delhi for upcoming Olympic Qualifier. The Indian contingent consisting of 17 athletes along with 6 support staff.
- Former England pacer Steven Finn has announced retirement from all forms of Cricket following chronic knee injury.
- The Indian national shooting squad begins its campaign in the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Championships starting in Baku, Azerbaijan. All Events officially begin from 17th of August.
- Indian Grandmaster Vidit Gujrathi secured a remarkable victory at the FIDE Chess World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan. Vidit Gujrathi advanced to the quarterfinals after defeating Russian chess master Ian Nepomniachtchi 2-0 while Harika Dronavalli lost in the quarters.
- Indian men’s hockey team has jumped to the third spot in FIH Men’s Hockey World Rankings following their Asian Champions Trophy title win in Chennai.
- The rankings are topped by three-time World Champions Netherlands with 3095.90 points. Belgium is in the second position with 2917.87 points.
- Indian cricketers extended their wishes on the 77th Independence Day. As people celebrate across the country, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Ravindra Jadeja and several other notable cricketers took to social media platform X to wish countrymen a happy Independence Day.
Before was Bengal Province (1699–1947)
Formation: 15 August 1947
Districts : 23
Governor : C. V. Ananda Bose
CM: Mamata Banerjee (TC)
Mammal: Fishing cat
Tree: Chhaatim tree
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
“Vande Mataram”, originally pronounced as ‘Bande Mataram’ is a poem written in 1875 by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee that found a place in his novel “Anandamath” in 1882 with additional stanzas, means “I praise thee, Mother” or “I praise to thee, Mother”.
😀Thought of the day
Every successful person shows a great deal of patience. It is this quality that controls a person’s reaction to every situation; be it positive or negative.
JOKE OF THE DAY
Teacher* – Agar sachche dil se prarthnaa kee jaae to vo jaroor safal hote hai.
Pappu rahane do Sir, agar aisaa hota to aap mere Sir naheen Sasur hote.
What was the real reason behind Jinnah’s demand for Pakistan?*
He never fought the British. In 1937, Jinnah fought elections as the president of Muslim League on the plank of “Muslims in Danger”. He lost badly. Muslims across the Indian rejected Muslim League. Congress won he changed his narrative from “Muslims in Danger” to “Islam in Danger” and aroused rabid religious passions, he warned that “India will either be divided or destroyed.”
Earlier he was in favour of Hindu-Muslim unity but when Gandhi entered politics, and he came to know that he would not get the top position in an Indian government as there were much better leaders like Nehru and Gandhi, he gave the call for a separate nation.
🦮Dog ; श्वन् (śvan), शुनक (śunaka)
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
👃🏻 HOW OUR NOSE WORKS
Humans detect smells by inhaling air that contains odor molecules, which then bind to receptors inside the nose, relaying messages to the brain. Most scents are composed of many odorants;
The external part of the nasal structure protrudes out through a hole between the cheek bones and consists of two nostrils divided by a barrier called the septum. Behind the exterior part of the nose is a nasal cavity that is lined with mucous membranes and has the olfactory hairs responsible for the sense of smell at the top.
Helps protect the respiratory system and can deliver important sensory signals. These can be warnings about dangerous or unpleasant situations, or they can be positive experiences accompanied by pleasant odors. When the nose is not working the way it should, such as during a cold, the loss of the sense of smell and the reduction of the air filtering and moistening functions serve to emphasize their importance.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Biggest state(Area) = RAJASTHAN
GOA is the smallest state of India with 3,702 km2.
UTTAR PRADESH is the largest state in India by population wise. The total population of Uttar Pradesh id 199,812,341.
SIKKIM is the least populus state of India. The total population of Sikkim is 610,577
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Subhadra Kumari Chauhan (16 Aug 1904– 15 Feb1948) was an Indian poet. One of her most popular poems is “Jhansi ki Rani” (about the courageous Queen of Jhansi. She was from Allahabad, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh, British India
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Work hard – कठिन परिश्रम करना
Barrier × Link
Barrier : Barricade
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
STORY OF KALPAVRIKSHA 🌳🌳
As per puranas, when the milky ocean was churned, many things came out including Kama Dhenu and Kalpa Vriksha… The Kalpavriksha originated during the Samudra manthan The king of the gods, Indra, returned with this tree to his paradise.
Kalpvriksha as the name indicates( kalpa — imaginary ;vriksha —- tree ) it exists in imagination only. It can be hard work , because you get every thing through hard work only.
Kalpavriksha, the “wish-fulfilling tree” is just your ideas! Yours, and that of all humans, put together.
In Indra’s “Devaloka” it is said that there are five Kalpavrikshas, which are called Mandana, Parijata, Santana, Kalpavriksha and Harichandana, all of which fulfill various wishes. Kalpavriksha, in particular, is said to be planted at Mt. Meru peak in the middle of Indra’s five paradise gardens. It is on account of these wish-granting trees that the asuras waged a perpetual war with the devas as the heavenly gods who exclusively benefited freely from the “divine flowers and fruits
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
🍋🍋 Lemons are high in vitamin C , fiber, and various beneficial plant compounds.
Lemons are often promoted as a weight loss food, and there are a few theories as to why this is. One common theory is that the soluble pectin fiber in them expands in your stomach, helping you feel full for longer.
Another theory suggests that drinking hot water with lemon will help you lose weight.
Prevent Kidney Stones
Citric acid contains in Lemon may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine pH, creating a less favorable environment for kidney stone formation.
Lemons are made up of about 10% carbs, mostly in the form of soluble fiber and simple sugars. Soluble fiber can improve gut health and slow the digestion of sugars and starches. These effects may result in reduced blood sugar levels.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT