Today’s top News
- PM Modi holds high level meeting to review preparedness on Cyclone ‘Tauktae.
- The name Tauktae has been suggested by Myanmar which means a vocal lizard in the Burmese language. Generally, the name list is proposed by the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHS) of the WMO members of a specific region and approved by the respective tropical cyclone regional bodies at their annual or biennial sessions.
- PM Modi ordered an audit of ventilators provided by the Central Government to the State Government and the Union Territories.
- Amid vaccine shortage faced by Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said his government has written to Dr Reddy’s Laboratories for supply of around 67 lakh doses of Russian COVID-19 vaccine Sputnik V.
- DRDO to launch 2-DG drug for COVID-19 treatment next week
The first tranche of 10,000 doses of 2-DG medicine for treating coronavirus patients will be launched early next week, informed Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Banned ULFA (I) outfit announces ceasefire for 3 months due to COVID
The banned United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent) on Saturday announced a unilateral ceasefire for three months due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the state. ULFA(I) Commander-in-Chief Paresh Barua in a statement e-mailed to the media.
- Samyukta Kisan Morcha, an umbrella body of over 40 farmer unions, on Saturday announced that it will observe May 26 as ‘black day’, marking six months of their protest at Delhi’s borders against the Centre’s three farm laws.
- Managing Editor of Financial Express Sunil Jain passed away on Saturday after battling COVID-19 for weeks. He was admitted to AIIMS in Delhi on May 3.
- A political slugfest broke out between Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh and his Uttar Pradesh counterpart Yogi Adityanath over the declaration of Muslim-majority Malerkota area in Punjab into a full-fledged district. Adityanath criticised the move and accused the Congress government of indulging in ‘divisive politics.
- The ICMR-National Covid-19 Task Force unanimously agreed to remove the use of convalescent plasma from the Clinical Guidance for Management of Adult Covid-19 Patients, citing its ineffectiveness and inappropriate use in several cases.
- Mizoram’s power and electricity department minister R Lalzirliana was seen mopping the floors of a hospital, where he is undergoing treatment for COVID-19 along with his wife and son.The minister’s action was not to embarrass medical staff or authorities but to set an example for others.
- Bollywood Big B
Amitabh Bachchan orders 100 oxygen cylinders and ventilators from Poland, he thanked the Government of Poland, the Mayor of the city of Wroclaw, the Ambassador of India at Warsaw and the LOT Polish Airlines for accommodating his order of 50 oxygen concentrators.
- ITBP Soldiers’ Song Dedicated To COVID Warriors Wins Internet
As India continues to battle a deadly second wave of coronavirus, an ITBP soldier is winning hearts with his song dedicated to frontline essential workers. Called ‘Jeet Jayenge Hum’ the song is written and composed by Raj Kumar, a sub-inspector in the Indo-Tibetian Border Force.
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) has said that this year the onset of the southwest monsoon over Kerala is expected on 31st of this month.
- More than 18.21 Cr Cumulative Vaccine Doses administered so far Over 5.58 lakh beneficiaries of age group 18-44 Vaccinated yesterday till 8 pm
- A consignment of 105 ventilators, seven lakh 50 thousand masks and respirators and other medical equipment arrived from Kazakhstan. India has expressed gratefulness to Kazakhstan for the support.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is all set to receive 4 more Rafale jets on May 19 or 20. This also means that the organisation will create the second Rafale squadron at Hasimara in West Bengal.
- Free Liquid Medical Oxygen arrives from Kuwait; IAF undertakes relief sorties
Through the Sea-Bridge, under the relief campaign initiated by the government of Kuwait, on Saturday, May 15, 2021, a commercial vessel reached India with Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO).
- New Satellite Imagery Shows Chinese Troops, Equipment Present In Depth Areas Near Pangong Lake After Disengagement
Although China has vacated the area it occupied on the north bank of Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh in 2020 as part of the disengagement this year, its troops and equipment continue to remain deployed in depth areas.
- The first repatriation flight carrying Australians stranded in India landed in Darwin on Saturday following the end of the federal government’s controversial ban on them from returning home.
- A 12-storey Gaza tower block housing the offices of the U.S.-based Associated Press and Qatar-based broadcaster Al Jazeera collapsed on Saturday after being struck by Israeli missiles,
- The researchers in the University of Oxford recently launched “Com-COV Study “. The study was launched to investigate alternate doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and Oxford-Astra Zeneca vaccine.
- Every year the World Agri-Tourism Day is celebrated on May 16 . This year, on the fourteenth World Agri-Tourism Day, Government of Maharashtra, Agri-Tourism Development Corporation is to organise International Conference on Agri-Tourism. In 2021, the day is to be celebrated under the following theme. Theme: Rural Women Sustainable Entrepreneurship Opportunities through Agri Tourism
- A total of 12 people were killed Friday night in two tornados in Wuhan in central China and Suzhou in East China. A tornado hit Shengze town of Suzhou, East China’s Jiangsu Province, on Friday night at around 7 pm, leaving four dead and 149 slightly wounded, according to the local media reports on Saturday.
- China has successfully landed its rover on Mars. The China National Space Administration (CNSA) said its rover Zhu Rong had successfully landed in the pre-selected landing area in the Utopia Plain in southern part of Mars on Saturday after seven months of space travel and three months in orbit.
- Afghanistan: 12 killed as bomb rips through Kabul mosque during Friday prayers. Another 15 people were wounded.
- PM Benjamin Netanyahu told US President Joe Biden that Israel did its utmost to safeguard civilians in its Gaza bombing campaign, after an air strike demolished a tower hosting the Associated Press news agency
- Muslim countries must show a united and clear stance over Israel’s conflict with the Islamist Hamas movement in Gaza, Turkey’s vice president, Fuat Oktay, said.
- Bangladesh reported 22 deaths and 261 new cases of Coronavirus in the country on Saturday
- The International Cricket Council is reportedly considering expanding the T20 World Cup to 20 teams from its current number of 16 . While the upcoming 2021 tournament to be held in India, will remain unchanged, the ICC is looking to add four more teams to the tournament from the 2024 edition.
- A Delhi court on Saturday issued a non-bailable warrants against two-time Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar and nine others in connection with the murder of 23-year-old former junior national wrestling champion, Sagar Rana.
Rana, the the former national champion wrestler Sagar Rana was beaten to death and a few were injured after clashes between two groups of wrestler broke out late last Tuesday night at the Chatrasal Stadium parking area.
- Arjan Bhullar has become the first Indian-origin fighter to win a world title in a top-level MMA promotion after he beat Brandon Vera to become the heavyweight world champion at the Singapore-based One Championship.
$USD 73.28 💷GBP 103.32
In Chennai (TN)
🥇Gold ₹49,540©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹76,000©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 94.18
⛽ Diesel ₹ 87.89
LPG : ₹ 825/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 48,732.55
NIFTY : 14,677.80
Facts about India
Remembering Field Marshal KM Cariappa on his Death Anniversary
Kodandera ‘Kipper’ Madappa Carriappa, popularly known as KM Carriappa, was the first Indian post-Independent Commander-in-Chief.
Born : 28 January 1899, Shanivarasanthe
Died : 15 May 1993, Bengaluru
During the Indo-Pakistani War in 1947, KM Carriappa led the nation on the Western Front. He is one of only two Indian Army officers to hold the Five-star rank of Field Marshal; the other being Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.
He was 2nd Chief of the Army Staff and Commander-in-Chief, Indian Army
(15 January 1949 – 14 January 1953)
General Sir Francis Robert Roy Bucher & Succeeded by
General Maharaj Shri Rajendrasinhji Jadeja
Thought of the day
Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you loose, you can guide
Joke of the day
Frnd : agar Bijli nahi hota to kya hota?
Pappu : raat mein candle light mein TV dekhna padta🤪
Why does thunder fall on trees?
Thunder doesn’t fall anywhere, but lightning does. Thunder is just the sound caused by lightning. And when charges in the clouds collide and lightning is formed (of several thousands of volts), electricity always finds the shortest path to ground. Since trees are tall structures, it hits the trees.
If there were any taller buildings next to trees, lightning will hit the building instead of trees. That is why taller structures have “lightining arrestors”.
How it works❓❓
Liver in body required
The liver’s main job is to filter the blood coming from the digestive tract, before passing it to the rest of the body. … As it does so, the liver secretes bile that ends up back in the intestines. The liver also makes proteins important for blood clotting and other
शीघ्र sheeghr : quickly
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
NCERT – The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organisation of the Government of India which was established in 1961 as a literary, scientific and charitable Society under the Societies’ Registration Act (Act XXI of 1860). Its headquarters are located at Sri Aurbindo Marg in New Delhi
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Anusuya , was the wife of an ancient rishi (sage) named Atri and daughter of Prasuti and Daksha in the Hindu epics. In the Ramayana, she lived with her husband in a small hermitage on the southern border of the Chitrakuta forest.
Sati Anasuya had the powers to perform miracles by sprinkling ‘Paadha Theertham’, the sacred water with which she washed Sage Atri’s feet. However, when Sage Narada narrated this fact to the three Devis i.e. goddess Saraswati, Lakshmi and Parvati they were unable to believe it. They, therefore, decided to test the chastity of Sati Anasuya. Saraswati, Lakshmi and Parvati involved their husbands Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva respectively in the plot.
The Trinity then arrived at the hermitage of Sage Atri in the form of three old mendicants seeking alms from Sati Anasuya. When Sati Anasuya approached the three mendicants with some food, the three denied it saying that because of the severe vow taken by the three of them, they cannot accept alms from those wearing clothes. The situation led Sati Anasuya in great confusion but, she had solution to every problem. By sprinkling the holy ‘Paadha Theertham’ she turned the three mendicants into babies and then fed the three baby-mendicants without wearing any clothes.
When Sage Atri returned to his hermitage, Sati Anasuya narrated to him what all had happened in his absence and presented the three babies to him. Sage Atri, through his divine vision, envisioned the Holy Trinity – Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva in the three babies. Sage Atri said to his wife that they have come to fulfill her wish to become their mother. The three babies then conjoined to become one. They occupied three separate heads, one trunk, two legs and six hands. When the three devis learnt the incident from Sage Narada, they went to Atri and Sati Anasuya to get their husbands back. Eventually, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva returned to their respective consorts. Simultaneously, they fulfilled the wish of Sati Anasuya and remained in the conjoined form as her child. The child grew up to the one of the greatest sages of all times. He was named Dattatreya, and he served his parents till the end.
🧬 HEALTH CARE:© HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Betel leaf widely helps in treating issues related to cough and cold. It is an excellent cure for those suffering from chest, lung congestion and asthma. Apply some mustard oil on the leaf, warm it and place it on the chest to cure congestion. You can also boil few leaves in water, add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon in two cups of water. Reduce it to 1 cup and consume this concoction two to three times a day for excellent relief from congestion and breathing issues.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼