15 May (Sunday)
पक्ष :: Shuklapaksh
Month: Vaisakha 29 (Purnimata)/ Vaisakha 15(Amanta)
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Swati (up to 3:35 pm)Vishaka
Titi: Chaturdashi (up to 12:46 pm)Purnima
RahuKaal: 05:18 PM – 06:57 PM
WEEKEND NEWS REVIEW : https://youtu.be/7pO9dTTRFCM
- Over 191 crore 15 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been administered in the country so far under the Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
- The Supreme Court has said that Article 370 may or may not be there, but J&K was and always will be an integral part of India.
- The Supreme Court made this remark during the hearing of petitions challenging the delimitation of J&K Legislative Assembly seats. This petition was filed by Haji Abdul Ghani Khan, a resident of Srinagar and Dr. Ayub.
- PM Modi has invited citizens to share their inputs for Mann ki Baat programme on All India Radio which will be broadcast on 29th of this month.
- Comments on the NaMo App & MyGov. He said, people, can also record their messages on 1800-11-7800
- The Congress on Saturday said it’s planning to give 50% representation to SCs, STs, OBCs and minorities at all levels in the organisation.
- ASSAM govt has distributed nearly 23 thousand appointment letters for various posts. CM Himanta Biswa Sarma handed over the appointment letters to some of the selected candidates in an event held in Guwahati.
- DELHI : Nine new judges appointed to Delhi High Court.
- A massive blaze inside a 3-storey at plastic factory in Delhi’s Narela, Mundka on 13 May killed 27 people.
- J&K : CJI N V Ramana lays foundation stone for construction of new High Court Complex in Srinagar.
- The People’s Alliance for Gupkar Declaration (PAGD) has sought an appointment with J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha to discuss the issue of safety of Kashmiri Pandits in the valley
- KERALA :The onset of the southwest monsoon over Kerala is expected on May 27, nearly four days in advance of its normal date.
- PUNJAB govt has so far confiscated 710 mobile phones from jails in a special drive, CM Bhagwant Mann said. He said that these mobile phones were used by the gangsters or smugglers to run their rackets from the jails
- RAJASTHAN : Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan has extended the REET 2022 registration date. The registration date has been extended till May 20, 2022. Candidates who have not applied for Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers can apply online through the official site of REET on reetbser2022.in.
- TRIPURA , after Biplab Kumar Deb resigned from CM post on 14 May Rajya Sabha MP and State BJP President Dr. Manik Saha A leading dental surgeon has been declared as new CM of Tripura by the party’s legislators.
- BJP leader Biplab Kumar Deb said that he wants to work for strengthening the party. The resignation by the CM comes just a year before Tripura goes for polls. BJP had formed the government after a historic win 2018.
- TELANGANA : TRS MLC and Telangana CM K Chandrashekar Rao’s daughter K Kavitha criticised the Centre for its policies towards Telangana and questioned Home Minister Amit Shah about inflation, unemployment and communal riots.
- She asked when the people of Telangana will get their dues of Finance Commission Grants of over ₹3,000 crore. Her comments came ahead of Amit Shah’s visit to Telangana.
- UTTAR PRADESH , videographic survey at the Gyanvapi Mosque premises in Varanasi resumed on 14 May amidst high security. A team of over 35 people, led by court-appointed Commissioners, carried out the operations at the mosque complex. The court has directed the Varanasi District Administration to complete the survey by 17th May.
💷 GBP ₹95.04
BSE Sensex 52,793.62
NIFTY : 15,782.15
Bangladesh was the 7th highest recipient of remittance from abroad in 2021, says the World Bank report on migration and development published this week.
- Documentary on life of Bangabandhu in Kolkata to be completed by June.
- The film script will follow the unfinished autobiography of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the books on this topic written by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Marathi actress Ketaki arrested for allegedly insulting NCP Chief Sharad Pawar in Facebook post.
- IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw launches Gatishakti Sanchar Portal; Says it will help in rollout of 5G network across the country.
- American-Bangladeshi-Indian drama film ‘No Land’s Man’ starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui has been officially selected at the Sydney Film Festival
- India test-fired the extended-range of the BrahMos missile from a SU-30 MKI fighter jetvon 12 May. This missile has a range of over 350 km, compared to the 290 km of the older version.
- Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla chaired a high-level meeting to discuss the current level of preparedness for the upcoming Amarnath Yatra as well as the security threats.
- The meeting was attended by the senior officials from the Ministry, the Intelligence Bureau, the Indian Army, CRPF chief Kuldiep Singh, his BSF counterpart Pankaj Singh while officials from the Jammu and Kashmir administration and police and members of the Shrine Board participated through video conferencing.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has written to all the states, Union Territories (UTs), Central government departments as well as ministries to observe anti-terrorism day on May 21 in a “befitting manner”.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Marking a day of national mourning following the demise of the United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan, the Indian flag is flown at half-mast at the Parliament in New Delhi on Saturday.I
- Vietnam shares highly cordial relations with India because of shared values that promote peace, stability, and an environment of dialogue, and only India can help the southeast Asian nation in “sensitive areas”, Ambassador of Vietnam to India Pham Sanh Chau said Friday.
- Amid Sri Lanka’s devastating economic crisis, India in another initiative to extend support will be supplying 65,000 metric tons of urea to the island nation.
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) is currently carrying out raids at several locations in Jammu & Kashmir. In an attempt to thwart away terror plans of Pakistan.
- India on 13 May reiterated its position that the boundary dispute with Nepal should be discussed and solved bilaterally only.
- Govt bans wheat export with immediate effect to manage overall food security; Assures no crisis of wheat and adequate food stock is available in Country.
- As per a notification, wheat will be allowed only in case of “shipments where Irrevocable Letter of Credit has been issued” on or before the notification.
- India-Bangladesh joint committee meeting on peaceful uses of Nuclear energy held in Dhaka.
- President Ram Nath Kovind left on a state visit to Jamaica and St. Vincent & Grenadines on 14 May. This is the first-ever visit by an Indian Head of State to these Caribbean nations.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa swore in four new Cabinet ministers on Saturday, two days after Ranil Wickremesinghe was appointed as Sri Lanka’s new PM
- G7 declares ‘will never recognize’ new borders as result of Russia’s military operation in Ukraine.
- The first lunar eclipse of 2022 will be a ‘Blood Moon’ total lunar eclipse and it will occur on Sunday and Monday (May 15, 16). The Moon is expected to take on a reddish hue and it will pass through the darkest part of Earth’s shadow called the Umbra. It’ll be visible in Africa, Europe, North America and South America.
- Taliban denies reports of ban on men & women eating together at restaurants in Afghan city.
- The Ukrainian military on Saturday said that Russian troops are withdrawing from around Ukraine’s second-largest city after weeks of heavy bombardment. The Russians are pulling back from Kharkiv and focusing on guarding supply routes.
- Russia stops electricity supply to Finland amid NATO membership bid
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad, 61st Match
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 54 runs
KKR – 177/6 (20)
SRH – 123/8 (20)
Player of the Match
(b) May 15, Sunday
Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans
62nd Match at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
(c) May 15, Sunday
Lucknow Super Giants vs Rajasthan Royals
63rd Match at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- Youth affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur has urged the people to participate in large number in the forthcoming 8th International Day of Yoga.
- BADMINTON : Rejuvenated Indian male shuttlers seeking to create history when they will clash 14-time winners Indonesia in the final of the Thomas Cup at the Impact Arena in Bangkok, Thailand today at 11.30 am.
Thomas Cup 2022: Kidambi Srikanth, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty and HS Prannoy delivered wins as India stunned Denmark to reach their first-ever final in the prestigious team tournament in Bangkok on May 13.
UT : 21 Jan 1972
State : 20 Feb 1987
Gvnr : B. D. Mishra
CM : Pema Khandu
Dist : 25
🥇Gold ₹50,300 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹63,700@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹101.66/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹88.89/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,028/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The national emblem is an adaptation of the Lion Capital, originally found atop the Ashoka Column at Sarnath, established in 250 BC. The capital has four Asiatic lions—symbolising power, courage, pride and confidence —seated on a circular abacus.
Four pillars of Democracy are Legislature, Executive, Judiciary and Media.
😀Thought of the day
“Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when you share it.”
JOKE OF THE DAY
A Boss hangs a poster in his office,
I AM D BOSS,DO NOT FORGET.🤷🏻♂️😁
He RETURNs from lunch,
finds a slip on desk. Ur wife called, she wants her poster back.🙄😳🥵
Why do lawyers wear black coat?
Black means opaque and, therefore, the sides of the prosecution and defence are presumed to be unknown until they are substantiated by law, thereby, ‘Black Gowns’.
However, the main reason behind wearing a ‘Black Coat’ is because black is the colour of authority and power. Black represents submission of oneself. Just like Priests wear Black to show their submission to God, Lawyers wear black to show their submission to Justice
Wearing ‘Black Robe’ creates a sense of discipline among lawyers and gives them a sense of power and feeling of being the upholders of rights. Black colour is a symbol of dignity, honour, wisdom and justice and these are the values which every lawyer and Judge has to uphold and protect.
पश्यतु, नासिका स्रवति । = Look, you have a running nose.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a jack system work?
A hydraulic jack creates pressure by moving oil through two cylinders via a pump plunger. The pump plunger is drawn back, which opens the suction valve and draws oil into the pump chamber. As the plunger is pushed down, the oil is transported through an external discharge valve and into the cylinder chamber.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
15 May – International Day of Families
International Day of Families is observed every year on 15 May. Family is the basic unit of society. This day provides an opportunity to raise awareness about the issues related to the families and to increase knowledge about the social, economic and demographic processes that affect them.
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Sukhdev Thapar (15 May 1907 – 23 March 1931) was an Indian revolutionary.
He was a senior member of Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.
He was hanged on 23 March 1931 at the age of 23.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Ignorance is bliss You’re better off not knowing
Conceal x Reveal
luxurious ~ extravagant
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Balarama is the elder brother of Sri Krishna. He is particularly significant in the Jagannath tradition, as one of the triad deities. He is also known as Haladhara, Halayudha, Baladeva, Balabhadra and Sankarshana.
Balarama is considered one of the 10 avatars (incarnations) of the god Vishnu, particularly among those members of Vaishnava sects.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
HOW TO RELIEVE ITCHY SKIN
Apply a cold, wet cloth or ice pack to the skin that itches. Do this for about five to 10 minutes or until the itch subsides.
Menthol is an essential oil found in plants of the mint family. It has a cooling effect and can help relieve pain and itching.
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which people have used for thousands of years as a natural wound disinfectant and antiseptic.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼