15 Apr (Friday)
पक्ष :: Shukla
Month: Chaitra 28, (Purnimata)/ Chaitra 14(Amanta) Vikram Samvat – 2079
Shaka Samvat – 1944
Nakshatra : Uttara Phalguni (till 9:35 am) Hasta
RahuKaal: 10:52 AM – 12:27 PM
GK TODAY : https://youtu.be/axpsNkqOHMc
TODAYs TOP NEWS
💐 GOOD FRIDAY 🙏😔
- The festivals of Baisakhi, Vishu, Rongali Bihu, Naba Barsha, Vaisakhadi and Puthandu-Pirappu are being celebrated in different parts of the country yesterday.
- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage crosses 186.29 crore mark.
- On 14 Apr PM Modi inaugurates Pradhan Mantri Sangrahalaya in New Delhi; It is built at Delhi’s Teen Murti Estate and covers the lives and contributions of all the 14 former Prime Ministers of the country.
- Centre approves 61 applications under PLI scheme for Textile sector with investment of Rs 19,077 crore. The scheme will promote production of high-value Man-Made fabrics, Garments, and Technical Textiles in the country.
- Sabka Vikas Maha Quiz, the biggest ever quiz contest launched, to build awareness about various Govt schemes.
The Quiz hosted at Quiz.MyGov.in
People can participate in the quiz to showcase their knowledge about govt flagship schemes.
Top 1000 winners will be announced per quiz and every winner will receive 2000 rupees each.
- The govt has designated chief commander of terrorist outfit Al-Umar Mujahideen, Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar as a terrorist under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. He was one of the released terrorists in the year 1999 Indian Airlines Flight hijacking crisis, in exchange for the hostages of Indian Airlines Flight.
- National Health Authority has extended an open invitation to all interested parties for sharing their Expression of Interest in developing innovative solutions for building digital health ecosystem for India.
- Govt exempts import of cotton from customs duties till Sep 30, 2022.
- National Agriculture Market (e-NAM), a pan-India electronic trading portal has completed six years . The flagship programme integrates physical wholesale mandis and markets of different States and Union Territories to facilitate online trading of agricultural commodities.
- Venkaiah Naidu, the Vice President on 13th April 2022 has conferred the International Gandhi Award for Leprosy, 2021 to Sahyog Kushtha Yagna Trust, Gujarat, and Dr. Bhushan Kumar of Chandigarh in New Delhi.
- ANDHRA PRADESH : At least six persons were killed and 12 others grievously injured when a reactor at Porus Laboratories Private Limited exploded. The incident took place at Akkireddygudem village of Musunuru mandal in Eluru district of AP at about 11 pm on Wednesday.
- The explosion took place when factory workers were adding 350 kg of mono methyl amine gas to 1,500 kg phthalic anhydride in a 3 KL capacity reactor. The resultant mixture exploded generating 160ºC to 200ºC of heat due to exothermic reaction of chemicals.
- DELHI : The Directorate of Education, Delhi govt, issued an advisory dated Wednesday for private schools amid rising COVID-19 cases. If cases are reported, DoE must be informed and the school or wing should be closed, it said. It asked schools to implement measures like mask-wearing among students and teachers, following social distancing, washing hands and spreading awareness about COVID-19.
- GUJARAT : PM Modi will dedicate to the nation K. K. Patel Super Speciality Hospital in Bhuj, Gujarat today @ 11 AM through video conferencing. The hospital has been built by Shree Kutchi Leva Patel Samaj, Bhuj.
- J&K : Four local terrorists of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terror outfit have been gunned down by security forces at Badigam village in Zainapora area of south Kashmir’s Shopian district.
- KARNATAKA minister and BJP leader KS Eshwarappa, who was named in an FIR linked to a contractor’s alleged suicide, said on Thursday that he will hand over his resignation to CM Basavaraj S Bommai on Friday.
The Karnataka State Contractors’ Association on Wednesday threatened to stop all ongoing work for a month to protest what they claimed were “continued” demands for kickbacks from various government departments.
- MADHYA PRADESH: Curfew was relaxed for two intervals of two hours on Thursday in violence-hit Khargone city of Madhya Pradesh: Only women were allowed to step out to buy essential commodities from 10 am to 12 noon and from 3 pm to 5 pm.
Curfew was clamped in Khargone on Sunday evening following incidents of arson and stone-pelting during Ram Navami celebrations.
- MANIPUR : CM N. Biren Singh said that a 165 ft. tall Indian National Flag, highest in the Northeast region, would be installed at the Indian National Army (INA) Headquarter Complex at Moirang of Manipur.
- PUNJAB govt won’t purchase new vehicles for Ministers: CM Bhagwant Mann said.
- Former Punjab chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi was questioned for over six hours by the Enforcement Directorate in a money laundering investigation linked to an alleged sand mining case in the state.
- Chief Justice of India NV Ramana visited the Attari border near Amritsar on Wednesday. He watched the retreat ceremony along with his family in the evening. CJI on Thursday visited the Jallianwala Bagh and paid homage to the freedom fighters killed there.
- TELANGANA : TRS president and Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao has focused on taking the BJP in the upcoming Presidential election, which is scheduled for July, by fielding a joint opposition candidate.
- NEW APPOINTMENT : The central government has re-appointed retired Punjab-cadre IPS officer Iqbal Singh Lalpura as the chairperson of the National Commission for Minorities.
Punjab-cadre IPS officer Iqbal Singh Lalpura (retd) was first appointed chairman of the National Commission for Minorities (NCM) in September last year, but had to resign in December to contest as the BJP candidate from Ropar , an election he lost.
💷 GBP 100.00
BSE Sensex 58,338.93
NIFTY : 17,475.65
- Rs.5911 crores have been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs for the continuation of the ‘Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan’ (RGSA). The scheme has been extended for a period of four years from 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2026 with the aim of developing the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) governance capabilities.
- India’s retail inflation surged to a 17-month high of 6.95% in March from 6.07% in the previous month due to a sharp increase in food prices, the National Statistical Office (NSO) data showed.
- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based on inflation stood at 5.52% in March 2021. The price rise was sharper in rural India than in urban.
CPI for rural India surged to 7.66% in March from 6.38% in the previous month. CPI-based inflation for urban India rose to 6.12% in March 2022 from 5.75% in the previous month. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation data is released monthly by the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Falguni Nayar has been named as the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2021, at the 23rd edition of the EY Entrepreneur of The Year India awards and will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) on 9 June 2022. She is the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of beauty supply company Nykaa (FSN E-commerce).
- Bank of Maharashtra announced that it will sell its entire 4% ownership in India SME Asset Reconstruction Company for almost Rs 4 crore. According to a regulatory statement, the Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has entered a share purchase agreement for the sale of the entire equity position of 4% in India SME Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (ISARC).
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed an agreement to provide a $2 million project readiness financing (PRF) loan to Nagaland for the design of climate-resilient urban infrastructure, strengthening institutional capacity, and improving municipal resource mobilisation.
- After the much-awaited ‘Ranbir Weds Alia’ on Thursday (April 14), social media was flooded with pictures of the newly married star couple. Both tied the knot in an intimate wedding ceremony on Thursday.
- Ranbir and Alia had fallen in love with each other on the sets of their upcoming film ‘Brahmastra’. The two made their first appearance as a couple at Sonam Kapoor’s wedding reception in 2018.
- The Navy is looking to procure variants of the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and Light Utility Helicopters (LUH) modified for ship-based operations.
- The tender for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) was earlier being processed through the Strategic Partnership (SP) route of the procedure which last week was included by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in the third positive indigenisation list.
Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa won’t seek a term extension and will retire in November this year, the country’s military media wing confirmed on Thursday. Bajwa has served as Pakistan’s Army Chief since 2016.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (UN-FAO) along with Arbor Day Foundation has recognized Hyderabad and Mumbai jointly as the ‘2021 Tree City of the World.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL), an Indian oil refinery, has teamed with Microsoft to improve its customer experience. It will also integrate cloud computing and artificial intelligence (AI) to help the oil and gas business adapt digitally.
- Jusr for Info …🙏
(a) Microsoft Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen;
Microsoft CEO: Satya Nadella;
(b) Microsoft Founded: 4 April 1975, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States;
(c) Microsoft Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States.
- Foreign secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla will take over as G20 chief coordinator next month, the govt officially announced. The appointment is significant as India will assume the G20 presidency on December 1, 2022, from Indonesia,
and will convene the G20 Leaders Summit for the first time in India in 2023.
- Harsh Vardhan Shringla will retire on 30th April 2022, handing over charge to foreign secretary-designate V M Kwatra, who is currently India’s ambassador to Nepal.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to arrive in India next week.
PM Modi & Boris Johnson are expected to take stock of the negotiations and mandate a timeline for the possible completion of the process, initially set for the end of this year.
- Russia and India on Thursday celebrated the 75th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- The World Health Organization (WHO) said global COVID-19 cases and deaths dropped for a third consecutive week. WHO said between April 4 to 10 over seven million cases and over 22,000 deaths were reported across the six WHO regions, representing a 24% drop in cases and 18% drop in deaths compared to the previous week.
- Moldova on Thursday accused Russia of trying to recruit its citizens from the country’s breakaway region of Transdniestria to fight in Ukraine. This comes days after British military intelligence made similar claims.
- The death toll following deadly floods due to heavy rains in the KwaZulu-Natal province in South Africa has risen to over 300.
- Russia said its lead warship in the Black Sea sank on Thursday after an explosion and fire that Ukraine claimed was caused by a missile strike
- China on Thursday told Pakistan’s new Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif that it will always put its ”all-weather ally” as a priority in its neighbourhood diplomacy as it praised his commitment to promote the USD 60 billion CPEC initiative.
- INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2022
Rajasthan Royals vs Gujarat Titans,
Gujarat Titans won by 37 runs
GT – 192/4 (20)
RR – 155/9 (20)
(b) Apr 15, Friday
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders
25th Match at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
- 16-year-old chess sensation R Pragganandhaa has won the prestigious Reykjavik Open chess tournament in Reykjavik, Iceland. In the final played between two Indian players, it was R Praggnanandhaa who won the contest beating compatriot GM D Gukesh in the final round.
- The Netherlands has lifted their fourth title of FIH Junior Women’s Hockey World Cup 2022 after beating Germany at Potchefstroom, South Africa. The Netherlands is the most successful team. England claimed the bronze medal in the third-place match after defeating India by 3-0 in the shoot-out.
- The FIH has banned Russia from the 2022 Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup due to 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. The 2023 Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup will be the tenth edition and will be held in Santiago, Chile.
- Australia’s Victoria to Host the 2026 Commonwealth Games
UTTAR PRADESH: LUCKNOW
Statehood :24 Jan 1950
Gvnr : Anandiben Patel
CM : Yogi Adityanath (BJP)
Dist : 75
🥇Gold ₹54,590@10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹70,000@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 105.30
⛽ Diesel ₹ 96.88
LPG : 988/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
GURU ARJAN: 15 April 1563 – 30 May 1606) the fifth of the ten total Sikh Gurus. He compiled the first official edition of the Sikh scripture called the Adi Granth, which later expanded into the Guru Granth Sahib.
😀 Thought of the day
Dream is not that you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you to sleep.
JOKE OF THE DAY
The maths teacher writes a complex problem on the board and asks the students to solve it. when all the intelligent students are unable to solve it, she calls pappu.
pappu gets up and erases the board.
teacher: what’s this?
pappu: ma’m, problem solved..😝
Why do foxes scream in the night?
When male foxes have competitors, they scream to assert a claim on their turf. Foxes are extremely territorial. Another reason foxes scream during the hours of the night is to protect their young. If they feel that intruders are invading their lair, they will scream to ward them off.
Foxes scream and bark to communicate with each other. … During this period in particular, foxes will scream at each other as a territory warning, and female foxes will make loud noises when mating
प्रतिघ pratigha fighting
सहायता, उपकार help
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Cold cream is an emulsion of water and certain fats, usually including beeswax and various scent agents, designed to smooth skin and remove makeup. Cold cream is an emulsion of water in a larger amount of oil, unlike the oil in water emulsion of vanishing cream, so-called because it seems to disappear when applied on skin. The name “cold cream” derives from the cooling feeling that the cream leaves on the skin. Variations of the product have been used for nearly 2000 years
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
Sugar Bowl of India : Uttar Pradesh
Tea Garden of India : Assam
Land of Sunrise in India : Arunachal
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Marshal of the Indian Air Force Arjan Singh, DFC (15 April 1919 – 16 September 2017) was the senior most Indian Air Force office
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Don’t cry over spilt milk
There’s no reason to complain about something that can’t be fixed
Gloomy x Cheerful
spontaneous ~ instinctive
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Brahma is referred to as “The Creator” within the Trimurti, the triple deity of supreme divinity that includes Vishnu, and Shiva. He is also referred to as Svayambhu and is associated with creation, knowledge and Vedas. Brahma is prominently mentioned in creation legends, though there are many varying versions. In some Puranas, he created himself in a golden egg known as Hiranyagarbha.
The Brahma Purana is one of the eighteen major Puranas collections of Hindu texts in Sanskrit Language. It is listed as the first Maha-Purana in all the anthologies, and therefore also called Adi Purana. Another title for this text is Saura Purana, because it includes many chapters related to Surya or the Sun God.
Out of 245 chapters, 18 chapters of The Brahma Purana cover the Cosmology, Mythology, Genealogy, Manvantara (Cosmic Time Cycles) and topics that are required to make a text belong to the Puranic genre of literature.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cardamom (Elaichi ) may help lower blood pressure, most likely due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
The antioxidant compounds in cardamom may help protect cells from damage and slow down and prevent inflammation in your body.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼