Today’s top news:
- Banking operations in the country might get affected on Monday and Tuesday as the public lenders will go on a two-day strike called by the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) protesting the government’s proposal to privatise two public sector banks.
- Yesterday was the last day of registration for Prime Minister’s interactive academic programme Pariksha Pe Charcha . Pariksha Pe Charcha is part of the larger movement – ‘Exam Warriors’ – led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to create a stress-free atmosphere for youngsters.
- The BJP on Sunday released its candidate list for the upcoming assembly elections in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Assam . Addressing a press conference, BJP National General Secretary Arun Singh said
- Uttarakhand’s new chief minister Tirath Singh Rawat on Sunday visited Haridwar for the second time in the last four days and inaugurated the Netra Kumbh
- Assam’s Cachar district has secured a place in the 2022 edition of the India Book of Records for the longest Rangoli on voter awareness . The process to make the 8 kilometre-long rangoli on the street started at 5 pm on Saturday and was completed within 24 hours.
- The YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) yesterday won a landslide victory in the urban body elections in Andhra Pradesh, winning 74 out of 75 municipalities and trends suggest that it may win in all the 12 corporations.
- Nothing to suggest attack on WB CM Mamata premeditated; lapses in her personal security & route bandobast : Special observers Ajay V Nayak and Vivek Dube have, in their joint report to the Election Commission on the recent incident in Nandigram that had left chief minister Mamata Banerjee injured..
- Non-stop flights to five new cities from Pune beginning March 28 :
With an aim to meet the increasing demand from smaller cities, the low cost carrier- SpiceJet added 66 new domestic flights on Saturday
- Mumbai police officer Sachin Waze, arrested in the probe into recovery of explosives from a car near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s residence, was on Sunday remanded to the National Investigation Agency custody till March 25.
- Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United on Sunday received a shot in the arm with the merger of Rashtriya Lok Samata Party of Upendra Kushwaha, a former protege of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who came back under his wing nine years after having fallen apart.
- Acclaimed Tamilnadu film director SP Jananathan, who shot to fame with films such as ‘Iyarkai’, breathed his last on Sunday. Fondly known as ‘Jana’ among his close circle of friends, the 61-year-old director was a bachelor and has been living with his brothers.
- Chinese fans of Bollywood star Aamir Khan celebrate his 56th birthday at the Indian Embassy in Beijing
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared the results of All India Sainik Schools entrance exam (AISSEE) 2021 for classes 6 and 9 on its official website.
- One Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist was killed in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Shopian on Sunday (March 14). The terrorist has been identified as Jahangir Ahmad Wani, a resident of Rakh Narapora of Shopian.
- Maharashtra on Sunday (March 14) reported over 16,000 fresh COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours which is the highest spike in infections for the year 2021. curfew imposed in Latur.
- India supplies over 5.86 cr doses of Made in India COVID vaccines to nearly 71 countries
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin will meet his Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh next week in India and discuss ways to operationalise the major defence partnership that the two countries have.
- Indian Naval Ship Jalashwa reached the port of Antsiranana, Madagascar with an Indian Naval training team on-board. The Indian Naval training team will be deployed in Madagascar for capacity building and training of the Malagasy Special Forces for two weeks.
- The Indus Commissioners of India and Pakistan will meet in New Delhi on March 23 and 24 to discuss a host of issues, including Islamabad’s concerns about the design of Indian hydropower projects on the Chenab River,
- The Hindu community in Pakistan’s restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has decided to pardon the mob that vandalised and burned down a century-old temple in the province. The local clerics and members of the Hindu community held a meeting to resolve the dispute.
- Bolivia’s former interim President Jeanine Anez landed behind bars on Saturday in the capital of the country she led just six months ago after the new government arrested her on claims she participated in a 2019 coup to seize power. Anez and a raft of ministers and security officials face charges of terrorism, sedition and conspiracy over an alleged coup against Bolivia’s 13-year socialist government.
- Ireland temporarily suspended AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine “out of an abundance of caution” on Sunday, citing reports from the Norwegian Medicines Agency regarding a cluster of serious blood clotting in some recipients there.
- 2 Dead, 15 Injured In Shootout At US Garage Party. The event was held at a tow company premise converted for parties on the city’s South Side
- India vs England, 2nd T20 highlights: England lost six wickets in their innings and scored 164 runs. Ishan Kishan and Virat Kohli scored fifties in the run-chase as India leveled the series 1-1.
- Virat Kohli scored a breezy fifty as India beat England by seven wickets in the second T20 International, in Ahmedabad, on Sunday India’s skipper, who was out for a duck in a losing cause in the first T20I, was unbeaten on 72 with Shreyas Iyer (8) as the hosts overhauled England’s total of 164 for 6 with 13 balls to spare.
- Tamil Nadu’s C.A. Bhavani Devi a Fencer
on Sunday scripted history by becoming the first fencer from India to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics.
- Eight junior Madhya Pradesh recurve archers, who were travelling to Dehradun for the Junior National Championships, had a narrow escape on Saturday afternoon when their coach of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express train caught fire near Haridwar and burned all their equipment and luggage. However, none of the archers, coming from Jabalpur, sustained burn injuries
$USD 72.69 💷GBP 101.22
In Imphal (Manipur)
🥇Gold ₹45,370@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,580@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 95.03
⛽ Diesel ₹ 85.07
LPG : ₹ 971.50 /14.2 Kg
Facts about India
Imphal is the capital city of the Indian state of Manipur. The state covers an area of 22,327 square kilometres (8,621 sq mi) and has a population of almost 3 million, including the Meitei, who are the majority group in the state, the Meitei Pangals (Manipuri Muslims), Naga tribes, Kuki/Zo tribes and other communities, who speak a variety of Sino-Tibetan languages.
Joke of the day
बाप – बेटा 5 के बाद क्या आता है?
बेटा – 6 और 7 पापा!
बाप – शाबाश बेटा मेरा तो बहुत
इंटेलीजेंट है अच्छा तो 6, 7 के बाद!
बेटा – 8, 9, 10
बाप – और उसके बाद?
बेटा – और उसके बाद
ग़ुलाम, बेगम और बादशाह!
Thought of the day
Expectation is a Gift -Not a Burden.
When People expect something from you, it means, you have given them reasons to believe in you
What does 786 mean in Islam? ☪️
Especially among the Muslims living in the South East Asia like Pakistan, India and Myanmar, there is a common practice of writing ‘786’ while starting anything in written. They too mention this number in their sign boards and other documents. It is believed that this number depicts the total numerological value of the Quranic expression ” Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim “. 786 is basically driven from the series of Arabic Numerology called “ Abjad “. The total value of the letters of Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim, according to the standard Abjadi system of numerology, is 786 . This number has therefore acquired a significance in folk Islam but this number has not been mentioned anywhere in Holy Quran.
How it works ⁉
HOW PAINT IS MADE
The Ingredients in Paint.
There are four main components in paint, they are resin, additives, solvent, and pigment.
The resin and pigments fuse, forming a tough, solid that is known as paint film.
Enamel paint is made from an alkyd resin that is dissolved in a solvent. As the solvent evaporates in the first stage, it forms a tacky lacquer. The resin reacts with the oxygen in the air and forms a hard coating. Coating paints have two components that are unreactive alone. However, when they are placed together, they undergo a chemical reaction. The reaction may take some time, depending on the room’s temperature. The final result is a hard, tough coating that has great adhesion.
Antarctica is continent not a country: it has no government and no indigenous population. Instead, the entire continent is set aside as a scientific preserve. The Antarctic Treaty, which came into force in 1961, enshrines an ideal of intellectual exchange.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
How did Indra get Vajrayudham?
Vajrayudham means a weapon equivalent to that of a thunderbolt in swiftness and the destruction it can cause. Indra is the lone bearer of this weapon among all the devas in Hindu mythology. There are various stories prevailing regarding the making and introduction of Vajrayudham.
Earliest mention of Vajrayudham is in Rig Veda, it mentions as Indra bears the Vajrayudham made by Tvastar, weapon maker of devas. Puranic references yield a different story related to sage Dadhichi. Once Indra was thrown out of his Indraloka by an asura named Vritra. He has sought a boon that he would not be killed by any weapon made out of wood or metal. Unable to defeat Vritra, Indra sought the help of Vishnu along with Brahma and Shiva. Vishnu advised Indra to seek the help of sage Dadhichi as a weapon made out of his backbone only could slay Vritra. Indra appeals sage Dadhichi and in turn gives up his life through yoga. Devas make a weapon out of sage Dadhichi’s backbone called Vajrayudham and Indra slays Vritra and saves Indraloka.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of Papaya
Papayas are loaded with Vitamin A an antioxidants, which helps in improving eye health. Vitamin A protects the corneas whereas the antioxidants reduce the degeneration of the retina.
The papaya is a tropical fruit high in vitamins C and A, as well as fiber and healthy plant compounds. It also contains an enzyme called papain, used to tenderize meat.
The powerful antioxidants in papaya can help your skin recover from sun damage and may defend against wrinkling.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼