🌄 S̴h̴u̴b̴o̴u̴d̴h̴a̴y̴ : 15 Jun/जेस्ट मासा (Tuesday) ग्रीष्म ऋतू🙏🏻
Today’s top News
- PM Modi me with Union ministers, including Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari, along with BJP president JP Nadda. PM Modi holding in-person meetings with Union ministers apparently to take stock of the work done by the government in the last two years and to discuss various issues.
2 West Bengal extends COVID-19 lockdown till July 1. However, additional relaxations will be allowed. E passes will be required for travel. Games and sports can resume without spectators.
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman Dr C Satish Reddy said that, total of 850 oxygen plants are being set up in various districts of the country from Prime Minister Cares Fund to fight the pandemic COVID-19.
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said that the lockdown strategy of COVID-19 in Kerala would change from June 16 & would be implemented region-wise based on the situation.
- Heavy rains with thunderstorm & strong winds, lashed Mumbai leading to disruption of train and bus services as tracks and roads got waterlogged at several locations.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi will start recruitment for Covaxin clinical trials today onwards for the children who are in the age group of 6-12 years. Clinical trials of children of the 2-6 age group will start after that. The trial on children has already started at AIIMS, Patna to see if the Bharat Biotech jab is suitable for children.
- A Pune-based start-up firm, Thincr Technologies India Pvt Ltd , has developed an 3D-printed Masks coated with anti-viral agents called virucides
- Himachal government opened up its borders for tourists without RT-PCR negative report resulting in a huge rush into the state particularly the capital Shimla. The State Govt also cautioned tourists to observe covid guidelines strictly. The first-time offenders will be fined Rs 500 while repeated offenders may be sentenced to eight days imprisonment.
- Delhi bans certain soaps, detergents to curb pollution in Yamuna : The National Green Tribunal had in January accepted recommendations of a two-member expert panel which had suggested directing the Delhi government to issue orders “prohibiting sale, storage and transportation and marketing of detergents which do not conform to the revised BIS standards.
- Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao distributed 32 brand new cars ach valued at around Rs 30 lakh, to for Additional Collectors to facilitate the visit of the Additional Collectors to villages, However, the state government came under Opposition’s fire for purchasing a fleet of luxury cars in the state amid the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
- BSE Sensex, NSE to suspend trading in Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL) shares. DHFL was the first finance company to be referred to the NCLT by RBI using special powers under Section 227 of the IBC.
- Delhi’s IGI airport receives hoax bomb threat, caller held Akash Deep in police custody.
- SpiceJet informed its passengers that no mandatory RT-PCR negative test report was required for passengers travelling to Delhi from Maharashtra, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- On actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s first death anniversary, Bollywood stars, united by grief, poured their hearts out on social media.
- Kannada actor Sanchari Vijay (38) declared brain dead, his organs to be donated. Vijay had sustained serious head injuries after he met with an accident when he had gone out to buy medicines with his friend on a two-wheeler.
- The terror attack at Sopore, J&K was carried out by two Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorists, investigations have found.
The terrorists were identified by the police as Fayaz War and Mudasir Pandit.
- CISF took over the security of Bharat Biotech International Ltd, Shameerpet, Hyderabad, (Telangana), with sanctioned strength of 64 personnel. Bharat Biotech International Limited (BBIL), Hyderabad, is an Indian biotechnology company engaged in drug discovery, drug development, and manufacture of vaccines.
- The Indian Navy is recruiting candidates for the post of Short Service Commission officers and is inviting online applications for 50 vacancies. Eligible and interested candidates may apply for the post on the official website- joinindiannavy.gov.in. The last date for applications is June 26.
- The govt of Bangladesh has extended the closure of the land border with India for passenger travel till June 30 to contain the spread of the Corona virus in the country.
- The land borders between Bangladesh and India have remained closed since April 26. The latest extension of the closure of the border is ending on Monday, June 14 which has now been further extended till June 30.
- External Affairs MInister Dr S Jaishankar met Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta yesterday. They discussed building a comprehensive partnership between the two countries.
- India has set its eyes on procuring the Russian-made Sprut-SDM1 light tanks, to counter China in the mountainous terrain along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- Indian Army personnel receive UN medals for stellar service in South Sudan. It was a proud day.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said, India’s Space Power will be showcased in all its dimensions in the upcoming World Expo at Dubai in October 2021.
- – China is conducting the final trials of Xian H-20 strategic stealth bombers at its Hotan airbase, opposite eastern Ladakh, as the US pulls out its troops from Afghanistan and the border standoff with India continues.
- World Bank approves $60 million to strengthen Nepal’s higher education.
- The trial against Myanmar’s ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi began on 14 June even as human rights groups said allegations against her are “bogus and politically motivated” aimed to stop her from holding a political office again.
- Bangladesh reports highest death toll infection since April 27. The sample positivity rate increased to 14.8% on 14 June. Health Minister Zahid Maleque told that Bangladesh will start vaccination with the Chinese Sinopharm and the Pfizer vaccines from 19 June.
- Israel’s new PM Naftali Bennett has vowed to unite the nation frayed by four elections in 2 years of political stalemate. US President Joe Biden sent his congratulations to Mr Bennett, saying he looked forward to strengthening the close and enduring bilateral relationship.
- US President Joe Biden has revealed how China tried to warn him off strengthening the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, referred to as the Quad as an informal strategic partnership between India, Japan, Australia and the United States.
- Indonesian badminton player Markis Kido, an Olympic doubles gold medallist, has died from a heart attack, he was 36. He also won the World Cup title in 2006 and Asian Games gold four years later.
- Wimbledon Roger Federer made a winning return to the grass courts with a hard-fought 7-6(4), 7-5 victory over qualifier Ilya Ivashka at Halle.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas pulled out of the Wimbledon warm-up event in Halle, Germany because of personal reasons after surrendering a two-set lead in his defeat against Novak Djokovic in Sunday’s French Open final.
$USD 73.20 💷GBP 103.33
In Imphal (Manipur)
🥇Gold ₹49,960©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹77,330©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 100.40
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.05
LPG : ₹ 961/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 52,551.53
NIFTY : 15,811.05
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Galwan Attack on 15 June 2020 : on this day Twenty Indian Army personnel, including a Colonel B Santosh Babu, were killed in violent clashes with Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh, in what is possibly the worst incident between the two countries in decades. The clashes came amidst a “de-escalation” process in the Galwan area.
Colonel Bikkumalla Santosh Babu MVC (13 February 1983 – 15 June 2020) was an Indian Army officer and the commanding officer of 16 Bihar Regiment. He was killed in action during the 2020 China–India skirmishes, the first Indian Armed Forces commissioned officer since 1967 and among the first Indian soldiers to have been killed in action against the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) since 1975. He was posthumously decorated with India’s second-highest wartime gallantry award, the Maha Vir Chakra
😀Thought of the day
Challenges make you more responsible. Always remember that life without struggle is a life without success. Don’t give up and lear not to quit.
Joke of the day
पत्नी- मैं तुम्हारी नीली शर्ट प्रेस कर रही थी तो, शर्ट एक जगह थोड़ी सी जल गई
पति- कोई बात नहीं, मेरे पास वैसी ही एक और नीली शर्ट है।
पत्नी- मुझे मालूम था, इसलिए उस शर्ट का उतना कपड़ा काटकर, मैने इस जली हुई शर्ट में जोड़ दिया।
Why are India and Nepal fighting over Kalapani?
Nepal and India was revived in November 2019 when India published a revised political map showing the newly created Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. Both India and Nepal lay claim to Kalapani. The map showed Kalapani as part of Pithoragarh district. Nepal protested immediately and drew attention to the lingering issue. On 8 May 2020, India inaugurated the Darchula-Lipulekh pass link road, cutting across the disputed Kalapani area which is used by Indian pilgrims to Kailash Mansarovar. Nepal hit back by summoning the Indian Ambassador to Nepal to convey a formal protest.
The Kalapani territory is an area under Indian administration as part of Pithoragarh district in the Uttarakhand state, but is also claimed by Nepal since 1998.
All the land in Lipulekh, Kalapani and Nabhidhang on the Indo-Nepal border traditionally belongs to the residents of Garbiyang and Gunji villages of Dharchula sub-division of Pithoragarh district. Garbiyang villagers say their ancestors cultivated the land in Kalapani before the Indo-China War in 1962.
Border trade between India and China through Lipulekh pass and the cultivation at Kalapani stopped after the war. Kalapani (37,000 hectares of land) has been controlled by India’s Indo-Tibetan Border Police since the Sino-Indian War with China in 1962. River Kali was then recognised as the border line between Nepal and India.
What is the cause of the dispute?
The Kalapani region derives its name from the river Kali. Nepal’s claims to the region is based on this river as it became the marker of the boundary of the kingdom of Nepal following the Treaty of Sugauli signed between the Gurkha rulers of Kathmandu and the East India Company after the Gurkha War/Anglo-Nepal War (1814-16). While Nepal’s claim of the territory east of Kali is based on the Limpiyadhura origin, India says the river actually takes the name Kali near Kalapani.
Now Nepal has published a revised official map incorporating the territory from the Limpiyadhura source of the Kali to Kalapani and Lipulekh pass in the northeast of the triangular region as its territory.
China is looking to create trouble for India by provoking its neighbors. Both China and Pakistan are planning to open another front by provoking Nepal against India.
विचलित : Distracted
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Who Invented the Car?
Karl Benz patented the three-wheeled Motor Car, known as the “Motorwagen,” in 1886.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The names of the Saptarshis are: Kashyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Vishvamitra, Gautama Maharishi, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja.
🤔 How …….. ⁉
How do Chameleons Change Colors?
Chameleons are familiar for their swift color-changing capability. It’s a common misperception that they do this to camouflage themselves against a background. In fact, chameleons mostly change color to regulate their temperatures or to signal their intentions to other chameleons.
Normally, the pigments are locked away inside tiny sacs within the cells. But when a chameleon experiences changes in body temperature or mood, its nervous system tells specific chromatophores to expand or contract. This changes the color of the cell. Chameleons come in many colors, such as pink, blue, orange, red, yellow, green and turquoise.
Chameleons are lizards that are part of the scientific family called Chamaeleonidae. In addition to the ability to change color, chameleons have many other characteristics that make them special, including parrot-like feet, eyes that can look in two different directions at once and long tongues and tails.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health benefits of Alovera
For minor burns
Apply enough chilled aloe vera gel to coat the burn completely. Cover the burn with a bandage and remove the dressing the next day.
Apply chilled aloe vera gel two or three times a day to the sunburned area. Use for several days, or until the skin color has returned to normal and inflammation has improved.
For minor skin wounds/cuts
Wash the area well with soap and warm water and allow it to dry. Apply a small amount of aloe vera to the would or cut. Cover the area with a bandage and allow it to heal overnight. Repeat this process the next day if needed.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ….✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼