15 Jul (Saturday)
Vedic Ritu/ Grishma
Drik Ritu: Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 12, (Purnimanta)
Ashada 27, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Mrigashirsha Ardra
Tithi : Trayodashi (up to 8:33 pm) Chaturdashi
Rahu : 09:13 AM – 10:53 AM
Yamaganda : 02:12 PM – 03:52 PM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- LAUNCH OF CHANDRAYAAN-3
- (a) India on 14 Jul (Friday) launched its third mission to the Moon, Chandrayaan-3, from Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota by ISRO.
- (b) The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched LVM3 M 4 rocket carrying Chandrayaan 3 at 2.35 pm.
- (c) A successful landing would make India the fourth country to achieve the rare feat after the United States, China and the erstwhile USSR.
- (d) The average distance between Earth and the Moon is 384,400 kilometers (238,855 miles).
- (e) Where will Chandrayaan-3 land?
- The Chandrayaan-3 will have three major components — a lander, a rover, and a propulsion model but does not have an orbiter. Its propulsion module behaves like a communication relay satellite.
- (f) It will be using the Orbiter from Chandrayaan-2 which still exists in the lunar atmosphere. In a first, India’s mooncraft ‘Vikram’ will land in the South Pole of the moon, where water molecules have been found.
- Several parts of North India and some areas of National Capital have been affected by floods. In New Delhi, the water level of Yamuna River has started receding from today after reaching a record high of 208.66 meters.
- The Indian maritime sector is undergoing a significant digital transformation, bolstered by the recent inauguration of the indigenously developed Differential Global Navigation Satellite System (DGNSS). This state-of-the-art system, named ‘Sagar Sampark’.
- In a significant move towards promoting transparency and accountability in Panchayat audits, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) has launched the Action Taken Report (ATR) Module of AuditOnline.
- Telecom companies oppose international SMS traffic redefinitionredefinition: Tech firms and telecom operators are facing off over steep SMS tariffs, causing one-time passcodes and messages to consumers from abroad to cost several times more than what they cost domestically.
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah today inaugurated the National Mega Conclave on Farmers Producer Organisation, FPO in the cooperative sector and released the action plan for formation of 1,100 new FPOs.
- The G20 Conference on Crime and Security in the Age of NFTs, AI and Metaverse held in Gurugram successfully concluded.
- G20 Finance and Central Bank Deputies FCBD meeting as part of India’s G20 presidency began in Gandhinagar.
- The 120th anniversary of India Government Mint has been celebrated in Hyderabad with commemorative souvenir coins.
- The seventh edition of Asia’s premier digital technology exhibition, India Mobile Congress (IMC) will be held from the 27th of October this year at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- Union Minister for Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated a new runway and a dual-way elevated taxiway at New Delhi International Airport.
- Uttarakhand, the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated a two day long Swasthya Chintan Shivir- the 15th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare, in Dehradun.
- Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar visited NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Friday at the latter’s residence Silver Oak in Mumbai for the first time after NCP split. The visit came hours after CM Eknath Shinde expanded his Cabinet, with Ajit Pawar’s NCP faction getting key portfolios, including finance.
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) supremo Sharad Pawar’s wife Pratibha Pawar was on Friday admitted to Breach Candy Hospital in South Mumbai.
- The government on Friday extended the application deadline for the second phase of the PLI (production-linked incentive) scheme for IT hardware till July 31.
- UP CM Adityanath conducts aerial survey in flood-hit Saharanpur.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The Union Cabinet has reportedly approved amendments to the Jan Vishwas (Amendment of Provisions) Bill, 2023. The proposed changes aim to decriminalize minor offences by amending 183 provisions across 42 Acts. The bill aims to decriminalize minor offences by replacing them with monetary penalties.
- Mizoram BJP Vice President R Vanramchhuanga on Thursday resigned from his post to protest against the “demolition of Christian churches” during Manipur violence.
- A bank in Manipur’s Kangpokpi was looted and computers and other electronic items worth nearly ₹1 crore were stolen.
- 3 children drown while trying to swim in flood waters in Delhi, children aged between 12 and 15 years.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 82.08
💷 GBP ₹ 107.45
GDP rate (2023): 6.15%
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 66,060.90 +502.01 (0.77%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,564.50 +150.75 (0.78%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,000/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 75,600/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- India’s H1 trade with China declines amid slowdown: India’s trade with China declined in the first half of 2023 after more than two years of record growth.
- Imports from China slid 0.9% to $56.53 billion in H1 2023, India’s imports of Chinese goods were $57.51 billion in the first half of 2022, while India’s exports to its neighbour fell by 0.6% to $9.49 billion.
- India’s overall exports (Merchandise and Services combined) in June 2023* is estimated to be USD 60.09 Billion, exhibiting a negative growth of (-) 13.16% over June 2022. Overall imports in June 2023* is estimated to be USD 68.98 Billion, exhibiting a negative growth of (-) 13.91% over June 2022.
- The govt. has recently made a significant change to the income criteria for individuals falling under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana–Urban (PMAY-U) in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). The income threshold has been raised from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Netflix, Disney and other OTT platforms have been asked by the government to independently review their content for obscenity and violence.
- OMG 2 is an upcoming Indian Hindi language satirical comedy-drama film written and directed by Amit Rai. It is a spiritual sequel to OMG – Oh My God! (2012) and stars Akshay Kumar, Pankaj Tripathi, and Yami Gautam Dhar. It is scheduled to be released on 11 August 2023.
- Actor Cillian Murphy, who’ll be seen playing the titular role in ‘Oppenheimer’, revealed he read Bhagavad Gita to get into the mindspace of his character. “I thought it was an absolutely beautiful text,” he added.
- Actor Rahul Roy’s sister Priyanka Roy revealed that actor Salman Khan paid pending medical bills after Rahul suffered a brain stroke in 2020. “The most beautiful thing is Salman didn’t speak about it in front of the media. This touched my heart,” she said.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- INS Sunayna, an Indian naval ship, RECENTLY visited Seychelles as part of the multinational maritime security exercise known as Op Southern Readiness 2023. This exercise, conducted by the Combined Maritime Forces (CMF), aimed to enhance cooperation and counter piracy. INS Sunayna was at Seychelles from 10-12 Jul 23.
- Indian Army’s Punjab Regiment marched along the Champs-Elysees during the Bastille Day Parade in Paris, France on Friday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a two-day visit to France, was the Guest of Honour at the parade. The Punjab Regiment, one of the oldest Infantry Regiments of the Indian Army has participated in both the World Wars.
- The flight deck of the India’s indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant hosted three magnificent Durand Cup Trophies, (the Durand Cup, the Shimla Trophy and the President’s Cup) brought to Kochi as part of the trophy tour to different cities across the country.
- Flag Officer Sea Training, Southern Naval Command Rear Admiral Susheel Menon unveiled the trophies on board the aircraft carrier.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with French President Emmanuel Macron yesterday witnessed the Bastille Day Parade in Paris.
- PM Modi was conferred with the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest award by H.E. Mr. Emmanuel Macron, President of the Republican of France.
- Two major components of the NISAR satellite have been combined to create a single spacecraft in Bengaluru, India. Set to launch in early 2024, NISAR – short for NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar, is being jointly developed by NASA and the Indian Space Research Organisation, or ISRO, to track movements of Earth’s land and ice surfaces in extremely fine detail.
- U.S. Senate Committee passes resolution recognising Arunachal Pradesh as integral part of India. The legislation reaffirms that the US recognises the McMahon Line as the international boundary between China and the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- European Parliament asks India to act promptly to end Manipur violence: India reacts strongly to the resolution, calling the move “unacceptable” and reflective of a “colonial mindset”.
- PM Narendra Modi meets French Aerospace Engineer Thomas Pesquet in Paris & also met global CEO of Chanel Leena Nair in Paris on Friday.
- India repatriated 18 Pakistani nationals via the Attari-Wagah border, Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi said on Friday.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- US : Food and Drug Administration approved a birth control pill to be sold without a prescription for the first time in the United States, The medication, called Opill, will become the most effective birth control method available over the counter.
- Nepal’s aviation regulator has banned helicopters from conducting “non-essential” flights, including those for sight-seeing, for two months after a deadly crash in the Everest region in which six people were killed.
- Google launches ChatGPT rival Bard in European Union, Brazil and several more nations.
- Thai leader Pita Limjaroenrat loses vote to become Prime Minister. He was was unopposed in Thursday’s contest, but could not muster the required support from Thailand’s 749-member bicameral legislature, with a host of abstentions and votes against him.
- Ongoing avian influenza outbreaks in animals are raising concerns about the potential risks to humans, according to a joint statement issued by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH).
- A defunct spacecraft, Aeolus, which is the size of a car, is expected to crash on Earth within weeks, the European Space Agency (ESA) said. The ESA added that the satellite is running out of fuel and is falling towards Earth at the rate of 1 km/day. The ESA will reportedly try to steer the spacecraft towards a remote area.
- The US Department of Education has announced that it will forgive $39 billion in student loans, a move that is expected to benefit 8,04,000 borrowers.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced equal prize money for men’s and women’s teams at ICC events. The decision was taken at the ICC Annual Conference in Durban, South Africa and ensures the ICC Board fulfilled its commitment to reaching prize money equity by 2030 well ahead of schedule.
- Indian hurdler Jyothi Yarraji, triple jumper Abdulla Aboobacker and middle-distance runner Ajay Kumar Saroj won gold medals at the Asian Athletics Championships 2023.
- Sumit Antil scripted a world record in F64 javelin throw with a best attempt of 70.83m at the World Para-Athletics Championship.
- Wimbledon Tennis: Serbian second seed Novak Djokovic has entered the Men’s single’s final. He defeated Italian eighth seed Jannik Sinner in the semi-finals in straight sets 6-3, 6-4, 7-6.
- BCCI has announced India Women squad for the Asian Games. Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the side, while Smriti Mandhana will be her deputy.
Union Territory: 21 Jan1972
Formation (as a state): 20 Feb1987
Governor: Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik
CM: Pema Khandu (BJP)
Arunachal Pradesh is the largest of the Seven Sister States of Northeast India by area
Symbols of Arunachal Pradesh
Bird : Hornbill
Flower: Foxtail orchid
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Durgabai Deshmukh, (born in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh: 15 July 1909 – 9 May 1981) was an Indian freedom fighter, lawyer, social worker & politician.
She was a member of of the Planning Commission of India. she founded the Andhra Mahila Sabha (Andhra Women’s Conference) in 1937. In 1953, she married C.D.
Deshmukh, the first Indian governor of the Reserve Bank of India and Finance Minister in India’s Central Cabinet during 1950-1956.
😀Thought of the day
Relation don’t need cute voice & lovely face. Relation need beautiful heart and unbreakable trust.
JOKE OF THE DAY
अंग्रेजी के Side Effect 😃😜😃🤣😜
रेलवे स्टेशन पर एक यात्री ने कुली से पूछा –
भाई साहब, पूछताछ कार्यालय कहाँ है? 🤔
कुली ने जवाब दिया –
मुझे भी नहीं पता! आगे जाकर
left side में Enquiry Office है,
वहाँ पता करो। 😃😆😂😅
Why we can’t hear,👂🏻 when we sleep.?*
The mind🧠 disconnects itself from the sense organ when we are in deep sleep.😪 Our mind as well as your brain are not active. Bcz our conscious mind is asleep and our subconscious is always wide awake. So whatever noises happens during our conscious is “asleep” our subconscious will pick it up and we might remember the noise or sound we heard when we were sleep. if we heard it again while we’re awake it will trigger you subconscious mind .
When we are in deep sleep. If somebody is yelling at us calling by names. We don’t show any reaction. The mind is not there to interpret our ego- our personality is not there. When we come back to waking state, our mind and body begins to appear in our consciousness.
But again here a question arises; When you are not able to hear anything during sleep, how does our brain wake up when hearing the alarm sound?
when we are awake there is a link between the auditory centre of the brain and the higher centres of our brain that process and understand this auditory information and then respond to it. When we go to sleep, this becomes delinked.
A really loud sound, however, will provide enough voltage and links and will wake us up. Other sounds that have very strong associations in our memory, e.g. our ringtone, alarm tone or a doorbell, may also provide enough voltage in the circuit even if they’re a bit quieter.
गच्छति : Go
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
How does a camera work?. 📷📸
camera lens takes all the light rays bouncing around and uses glass to redirect them to a single point, creating a sharp image. When all of those light rays meet back together on a digital camera sensor or a piece of film, they create a sharp image.
The LENS gathers light from the selected image and focuses the light on to the medium.
The IRIS or diaphragm controls the amount of light that reaches the medium.
The SHUTTER is a door or gate that opens to allow selected light to reach the medium and closes after a user determined time.
The MEDIUM is the material or device where the light is transferred into a recorded image. With film cameras this is a film of acetate with layers of gelatin immpreated with silver halide particles
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
UNICEF* – United Nations Children`s Fund, Estb –1946 ,
Head Quarter- New York,
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Brigadier Mohammad Usman Masoodi, MVC (15 July 1912 – 3 July 1948) (also known as Usman Mohammad Masoodi) was the highest ranking officer of the Indian Army killed in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947. As a Muslim, Usman became a symbol of India’s “inclusive secularism”. At the time of the partition of India he with many other Muslim officers declined to move to the Pakistan Army and continued to serve with the Indian Army. He was killed in July 1948 while fighting Pakistani soldiers and militia in Jammu and Kashmir. He was later awarded the second highest military decoration for gallantry in the face of enemy, the Maha Vir Chakra.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
An iron hand – By force
HARASS x Assist, comfort
HARASS: irritate, molest
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(Kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why is Nandi in Lord Shiva temples is sitting exactly in front of Main Entrance of Garbhalay
The story behind this….🐂
(Note: Source of knowledge is collected from few Pandits and Internet….Apart from this if any one know other reason..They can share🙏🏻 )
So….During the time of Samudra Madan(Ocean Churning) for Amrit. Initially Poison (KALAKUTA Vish) was ejected. The Devas prayed to Shiva and hoped that he would come to their rescue for the poison was the most effective fiery substance, which no one except Shiva could swallow.
Lord Shiva held this poison in his throat and saved the mankind. The poison was so powerful that it turned lord Shiva’s throat in to blue color. From then he was also known as Neela kanta.
Coming back to Lord Shiva blue throat. The poison in the throat is always a burning sensation for lord Shiva. Lord Shiva loves to spend time in meditation (Dhyanam). But this burning throat is not allowing him to do his meditation. Then he ordered Nandi to sit in front of him and blow some air on to his throat. The air blown on to his throat relieves him from the burning sensation. From then Onwards, Lord Shiva does his mediation with the help of Nandi.
It also said….When Lord shiv is in Dhyana Yoga…It is not possible to reach, so Nandi will receive the message that any one want to give.thats the reason still today we can see, people pass their message in the Nandi ears, which is in front of Lord Shiva.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Effective Home Remedies For Rosacea On Face
Rosacea is a chronic skin disorder that is characterised by inflammation, redness of the skin and bumps. It affects the areas around your cheeks and nose and causes blemishes, swelling and discomfort.
- Take some aloe vera gel and apply it on the affected areas. If possible, try to scoop out fresh aloe vera gel from the leaf. Leave it on your skin for 15-20 minutes to dry and wash it off using cold water. Alternatively, you can also drink aloe vera water every day to flush out toxins from your system and begin the healing process of your skin.
- Massage some honey on the affected area for 3-5 minutes. Let is sink into your skin and work its magic for another half an hour. Wash it off using lukewarm water and watch your skin getting better with each use.
- Refrigerate a cucumber for about 45 minutes. Take it out and cut it into thin slices. Apply the cold cucumber slices on the affected areas. Leave it on for 10-15 minute before removing the slices and starting with another batch. Alternatively, you can also apply cucumber paste on the affected areas and wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
- Add enough water to turmeric powder to get a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT