𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖆`𝖘 1𝖘𝖙 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕 𝕹𝖊𝖜𝖘 Service, 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 2013
15 Jan (Saturday)
Hemant Ritu Shukla पक्ष::
Month: Pausha 27, (Purnimata)/ Pausha 13 (Amanta) According to Purnimanta calendar (Ujjain)
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Titi: Trayodashi & Chaturdashi
Rahu Kaal : 09:55 AM – 11:15 AM
TODAYs TOP NEWS
ARMY DAY & ITS IMPORTANCE
- Over 155.39 cr doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered under nationwide vaccination drive.
- Government has said that a total of 5,753 cases of Omicron variant of Covid-19 have been reported so far in the country.
- PM Modi will interact with Startups today at 10:30 AM via video conferencing. Prime Minister has been a firm believer in the potential of Startups to contribute significantly to the growth of the nation.
- Kailasavadivoo Sivan joined ISRO in 1982 and after almost 36 years, he became the chairman of ISRO taking over the reins from A. S. Kiran Kumar on January 15, 2018. After four years, it is now time for him to move aside and hand over the chairmanship to S Somanath. January 14, 2022 is Sivan’s last day as ISRO chief.
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav releases ‘India State Of Forest Report 2021’; total forest and tree cover in India is 80.9 million hectares in 2021 which is 24.6% of the geographical area of the country.
- DELHI : In a major security threat, Delhi Police recovered an Improvised explosive device (IED) from an unattended bag at Ghazipur Flower Market on Friday.
- KARNATAKA High Court on Friday directed the state government to execute the standard operating procedure (SOP) issued on January 4 in all districts in view of the COVID-19-19 pandemic and added that no rallies, dharnas or any other political gathering shall be permitted in the entire state, till the SOP is in operation.
- KERALA : Classes 1-9 return to online mode for two weeks starting Jan 21.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Former UP cabinet minister and prominent OBC leader Swami Prasad Maurya on Friday joined the Samajwadi Party along with another rebel minister Dharam Singh Saini.
- Ministry of Railways has paid all the ex- gratia amounts to the next of the kin of those lost their lives in the yesterday’s train accident as well as to the injured.
💷 GBP 101.76
BSE Sensex 61,223.03
NIFTY : 18,255.75
The budget session of Parliament will commence on January 31. The first half of the budget session will run from January 31 to February 11. It will reassemble on March 14 to sit until April 8, subject to government exigencies. The government will present the Budget for fiscal 2022-23 on February 1. The Winter session of Parliament concluded on December 22, RBI said the investment portfolio of banks shall now be divided into three categories—held to maturity (HTM), available for sale (AFS) and FVTPL
- KERALA police on Friday told the High Court that actor Dileep and five others, accused of threatening officers probing into the sexual assault of an actress in 2017, would not be arrested till January 18, when his anticipatory bail plea would be heard again.
- Actor Raza Murad was on Friday removed as the brand ambassador of the Bhopal Municipal Corporation’s ‘swachchhata abhiyan’, a day after being appointed to the post. The decision was reportedly taken on the instruction of state Urban Development Minister Bhupendra Singh. Murad’s contribution in the field of cleanliness wasn’t known, the minister’s letter to Bhopal civic body chief said.
- The 2022 Producers Guild Awards has been postponed due to surge in cases of Omicron variant of COVID-19 in the US. The ceremony, previously set to take place on February 26, will now be held on March 19.
- Army Day 2022: New Combat Uniform Designed By the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) In Disruptive Digital Pattern To Be Unveiled On January 15.
- The new Battle Dress Uniforms (BDU) will have a mix of Olive Green and earthy colours for better camouflage and the fabric is durable, sturdier and lighter than the ones being used currently
- Defence Ministry launches three new initiatives for welfare of ex-servicemen, their families on Armed Forces Veterans’ Day
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh announced that the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare has allotted 320 crore rupees to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund for the welfare veterans and their families. This will benefit over one lakh 66 thousand wards and widows of Ex-Servicemen.
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare also launched a dedicated Raksha Pension Shikayat Nivaran Portal designed to speedily redress pension, including family pension-related grievances of ex-servicemen and their dependents.
In a significant achievement, the Directorate General of Resettlement has issued around seven thousand 900 job letters to freshly retired Ex-servicemen during the period of April to December 2021.
- The Indian Navy and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force held a Maritime Partnership Exercise in the Bay of Bengal on Thursday. A wide range of maritime operations including tactical manoeuvres aimed at enhancing interoperability between the two navies were conducted, the Indian Navy tweeted. INS Shivalik, INS Kadmatt took part in exercise.
- The Tri-Services Court of Inquiry into the Mi-17 V5 accident on 08 Dec 21 has submitted its preliminary findings. The inquiry team analysed the Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder besides questioning all available witnesses to determine the most probable cause of the accident.
- Three Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawans were martyred on Friday after a high-tension power line fell on them in the Supaul district of Bihar. Nine others have been injured in the mishap and of these, four are said to be critical. The jawans were electrocuted in SSB’s 45th Battalion Camp, located in the Birpur area.
- North Korea Test Fires Two Railway-Borne Guided Missiles, Its Third test this Year.
- The Monumental National Flag, which is the world’s largest national flag made of Khadi fabric, will be put to a grand public display along the India – Pakistan Border at Longewala in Jaisalmer to celebrate “Army Day” tomorrow. Longewala was the center stage of the historic battle between India and Pakistan in 1971.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal meets UK Secretary of State for International Trade Anne-Marie Trevelyan for launch of India-UK Free Trade Agreement Negotiations.
- PM Modi will address the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) ‘Davos Agenda 2022’ virtual summit on January 17. Themed ‘The State of the World’, the week-long event will see world leaders speak on critical collective challenges. UN chief Antonio Guterres, Japan’s PM Fumio Kishida, Australian PM Scott Morrison and Israeli PM Naftali Bennett among others will also participate.
- India on Thursday announced it will provide over $900 million in financial assistance to Sri Lanka amid a foreign exchange reserve crisis in the country. The assistance includes a $400 million currency swap and also a deferment on another $500 million due for settlement to the Asian Clearing Union (ACU). The crisis was sparked due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bilateral trade between India and China crossed 125 billion USD in 2021, according to Chinese customs data released on Friday.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- An earthquake of magnitude 6.6 shook parts of Indonesia including capital Jakarta on Friday. No casualties or serious damage were reported and the Met agency ruled out the danger of Tsunami. As per the US Geological Survey, the epicentre of the quake was located in the Indian Ocean about 88 km southwest of the Labuan town.
- Turkey and Armenia on Friday held the first round of talks in more than ten years on normalising ties between the two countries. Turkey has had no diplomatic or commercial ties with Armenia since the 1990s.
- Denmark’s Queen Margrethe II on Friday marked her 50 years on the throne of one of Europe’s oldest ruling monarchies.
January 14, 2022
Gujarat Giants 37
Bengaluru Bulls 46
Jaipur Pink Panthers 38
Patna Pirates 28
- Tokyo Olympics bronze medalist boxer Lovlina Borgohain appointed DSP in in Assam Police.
- South Africa defeated India in the third and final Test of the series at the Newlands in Cape Town to seal the series 2-1. The hosts chased a 212-run target with seven wickets
Following South Africa’s 2-1 Test series win against India after losing the first Test, South Africa won both the second and third Tests by seven wickets.
4. India Open: Kidambi Srikanth, 6 other players withdrawn after testing Covid positive. The Badminton World Federation (BWF) announced it, before the Badminton Association of India (BAI) confirmed the names.
MEGHALAYA. : Shillong
CM : CK Sangma
Gvnr : Satya Pal Malik
🥇Gold ₹48,290@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 93.91
⛽ Diesel ₹ 80.58
LPG : ₹967/14.2 Kg
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
The Indian National Army (INA) was formed in 1942, under Mohan Singh, who was an officer in the British army. It was formed with the aid of the Japanese, in South-East Asia during the second World War. The first INA collapsed and was disbanded in December that year.
The army was revived under the leadership of Subhas Chandra Bose in 1943.The army was declared to be the Arzi Hukumat-e-Azad Hind (Free India Provisional Government) Army of Bose.
😀Thought of the day
You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul
JOKE OF THE DAY
PATI : tumane mujhme aisa kaya dekha ki tum shaadi ke lie taiyaar ho gaye?🙄
PATNI : jee maine ek-do baar aapako Balcony me bartan wash kartey hue dekha tha..🤪😝
REASON BEHIND KITE FLY ON SANKRATI
The Significance Of Flying Kites On Makar Sankranti? … Flying kites gives us a healthy exposure in the sun from early morning and the early sun rays are known to be a rich source of Vitamin D.
यद् भावं तद् भवति
Yad bhavam tad bhavati
आप जैसा सोचते हैं वैसा ही बन जाते हैं।
As you think so you become
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
When the boomerang is thrown with high spin, a boomerang flies in a curved rather than a straight line. When thrown correctly, a boomerang returns to its starting point. As the wing rotates and the boomerang moves through the air, the airflow over the wings creates lift on both “wings”.
A boomerang is an example of gyroscopic precession. The throw of the boomerang gives it an angular velocity perpendicular to its path as shown. Since it will tend to “fly” in the direction of the airfoil, the precession causes it to fly in a curved path, circling back toward the thrower.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
15 January – Indian Army Day
GPRS General Packet Radio Service is a packet oriented
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Mayawati (born 15 January 1956) is an Indian politician. She has served four separate terms as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Throw caution to the wind
Take a risk
Oversee – Supervise
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is vary from actual facts🙏🏻)
Makar Sankranti, or simply Sankranti, is dedicated to Lord Surya (Sun God) and marks the sun’s transit into Makara (Capricorn) raashi (zodiac sign). This festival is considered the most auspicious occasion and is one of the few Hindu festivals aligned with the solar cycle.
As per Vedic astrology, Makar Sankranti is a significant day as the Sun enters into the zodiac sign Capricorn (Makar rashi). On this day, people take a dip in holy rivers like Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Krishna and Kaveri, and offer prayers to the Sun God.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Kidney beans(Red Rajma) are very good for the health. It is a healthy option for asthma and diabetes patients. They help in boosting the immune system. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, dietary fibre and iron. They contain antioxidants that are beneficial to our health. Consumption of kidney beans on a regular basis is good for hair and skin.
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏PLZ FOLLOW the GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼