15 Aug (Tuesday)
Vedic Ritu/ Varsha
Drik Ritu : Varsha (Monsoon)
पक्ष :: Krishnapaksh
Vikram Samvat – 2080
Shaka Samvat – 1945
Month : Sravana 29, (Purnimanta)
Sravana 29, (Amanta)
Nakshatra: Pushya (up to 1:58 pm) Ashlesha
Tithi : Chaturdashi (up to 12:43 pm)Amavasya
Rahu : 03:43 PM – 05:19 PM
Yamaganda : 09:19 AM – 10:55 AM
TODAYS TOP NEWS
- Nation will celebrate the 77th Independence Day today on Tuesday (15 August 2023). P M Modi will host the National Flag and address the people from the ramparts of Red Fort in New Delhi.
- The theme for this year’s celebration is “Nation First, Always First”.
- 🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY https://youtu.be/CqGztm7ssLs
- The theme for this year’s celebration is “Nation First, Always First”.
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu addresses the nation on eve of 77th Independence Day.
- Vice President Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar has extended his greetings and best wishes to the people on the eve of 77th Independence Day.🇮🇳
- 50 Nurses along with their family members from across the country have been invited as Special Guests to witness the Independence Day celebration from the Red Fort. They will be a part of 1,800 special guests from various walks of life, including Sarpanches of Vibrant Villages, teachers, farmers, and fishermen at the event.
- The initiative is taken by the Government in line with its vision of Jan Bhagidari. Nursing Officer at Delhi Anita Tomar expressed her gratitude on behalf of the entire nursing community for recognizing their efforts during COVID through this gesture.
- Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda interacts wiith 400 sarpanches from border villages in New Delhi.
- The Ministry of Ayush and the World Health Organization, WHO, will organize a first-of-its-kind global summit on Traditional Medicine from the 17th of this month in Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
- PM Modi has expressed grief at the passing away of scholar Kandlakunta Alaha Singaracharyulu.
- Home Minister Amit Shah has expressed distress at the loss of lives due to heavy rains and landslides at various places in Himachal Pradesh.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation – ISRO successfully conducted a fresh orbit reduction maneuver of the Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft, bringing it closer to the Moon’s surface. ISRO informed over social media that the next maneuver is planned for Wednesday, the 16th of August.
- Hyderabad police commissioner C.V. Anand on Monday took over as director of the Telangana State Police Integrated Command Control Centre (TSPICCC). Anand also holds additional charge of Telangana State Narcotics Bureau (TS NAB).
- Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao on Monday released Rs 5,809.78 crore at one go to waive off crop loans of farmers up to Rs 1 lakh. It would benefit 16.67 lakh farmers across the state.
- AMRIT UDYAN to reopen for public from August 16: Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Amrit Udyan (Mughal Gardens) will open for public from August 16, 2023 to September 17, 2023 (except on Mondays) under the Udyan Utsav-II. On September 5, it will be exclusively open for teachers to mark Teachers’ Day.
- An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter Scale hit Cherrapunjee in Meghalaya on Monday evening. No casualties or damage to property have been reported yet. The earthquake took place at 8.19 pm.
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) to strengthen apprenticeship training and encouraging the involvement of both industries and young individuals.
- Railways Ministry to establish Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras at railway stations across the country to provide health care facilities.
Chief Justice of India: Shri Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud
Minister Of Law & Justice: Arjun Ram Meghwal
- The Supreme Court has issued a statement alerting about a social media post that is being circulated falsely quoting the Chief Justice of India. The fake post uses the image of CJI DY Chandrachud with a false quote invoking the public to protest against the authorities.
- The Public Relations Office of the Supreme Court, in its statement, said, the social media post is fake, ill-intended and mischievous.
- Maharashtra CM Eknath Shinde on Monday visited the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital in Kalwa in Thane where 18 patients had died in a 24-hour period on Saturday and Sunday.
- Supreme Court on Monday dismissed the bail pleas of three convicts serving life term in the 2002 Godhra train burning case, which plunged Gujarat into one of the worst communal riots, terming it a “very serious incident”.
- A leopard, reportedly responsible for the death of six-year-old girl Lakshitha last Friday, was captured by the state forest authorities near the Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple on the Alipiri walkway to Tirumala.
HIMACHAL CLOUDBURST, landslide toll rises to 51; heavy rains hamper rescue operation. All schools and colleges in the state were closed on Monday. According to the state emergency operation centre, 621 roads were closed in the state because of the calamity.
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman.
Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
RBI Gvrnr: Shaktikanta Das
President of the World Bank: Ajay Banga
$ USD ₹ 83.16
GBP ₹ 105.58
GDP rate (2023): 6.5% ($3.75 trillion)
Inflation rate: 4.7%
Population: 141.81 cr (17.7% of the total world population).
BSE Sensex: 65,401.92 +79.27 (0.12%)🔺
NIFTY: 19,434.55 +6.25 (0.032%)🔺
Rates in Financial Capital Mumbai
GOLD: ₹ 60,440/10gm (24 krt)
SILVER: ₹ 77,000/KG
FUEL in DELHI
PETROL: ₹ 97/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 90/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 74/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
FUEL in MUMBAI
PETROL: ₹ 107/Ltr
DIESEL: ₹ 95/Ltr
Auto Gas: ₹ 60/Ltr
CNG: ₹ 79/Ltr
LPG: ₹ 1103/14.2 Kg
- Govt reduces tomato prices to Rs 50 per kg from August 15.
- Vodafone Idea’s (Vi’s) net loss widened by 7.5 per cent year-on-year (YoY) to Rs. 7,837 crore in the April-June quarter of 2023-24 (Q1FY24) because of increased expenses.
- The government on Monday hiked special additional excise duty on crude petroleum to Rs 7,100 per tonne with effect from August 15.
- Shares of Adani Group companies fell between 3% and 6% on Monday after Deloitte resigned as auditor of Adani Ports (APSE.NS), the first such move at the Gautam Adani-led conglomerate since U.S. short-seller Hindenburg’s report on the company in January.
- Byju’s appoints Infosys veteran Richard Lobo to head HR function.
Information and Broadcasting Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC): Prasoon Joshi
- Last weekend (August 11 to 12) multiplexes and cinema halls witnessed a record number of admissions driven by movies such as Gadar 2, Jailer, OMG 2 and Bhola Shankar, boosting their combined gross box office collection to over Rs 390 crore.
- According to industry data movies collected worldwide in the first four days.
- (a) Rajnikant’s JAILER : Rs 222 crore
- Gadar 2 : Rs 135 crore,
- OMG 2 : Rs 43.56 crore
- (b) Tollywood movie: BHOLA SHANKAR a remake version of Tamil movie Vedalam. It is directed by Meher Ramesh. The movie casts Chiranjeevi, Keerthi Suresh and Tamannaah Bhatia are in the lead roles. Released on 11 Aug. Till now Worldwide: 40.8 Crore gross or 25.4 Crore distributor share.
- (a) Rajnikant’s JAILER : Rs 222 crore
- Bigg Boss OTT 2 winner: Wildcard entrant Elvish Yadav, a YouTuber creates history, lifts the trophy and takes home cash prize of Rs 25 lakh.
Minister: Rajnath Singh
Union Home: Amit Shah
National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
Chief of Defence Staff:
Gen Anil Chauhan, PVSM UYSM AVSM SM VSM
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu has approved 76 Gallantry awards to Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces personnel on eve of Independence Day.
- These include four Kirti Chakra, all posthumous, 11 Shaurya Chakras, including five posthumous, two Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 52 Sena Medals (Gallantry), three Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry) and four Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry).
- President has awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Services and Police Medal for Meritorious Service on the occasion of Independence Day, 2023.
- (a) CRPF officer Loukrakpam Ibomcha Singh, a commando of the Kashmir valley-based Quick Action Team, is the lone recipient of the President’s police medal for gallantry announced on the eve of the Independence Day.
- (b) Principal Chief Security Commissioner, East Central Railway, Sarat Chandra Parhi, has received President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service. Fifteen officers have received Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
- The 19th round of military talks between India and China is underway at the Chushul-Moldo border meeting point on the Indian side in Eastern Ladakh. For the fresh round of talks, the Indian delegation is headed by 14th Corps Commander, Lieutenant General Rashim Bali.
- Army uses 3D printing tech to erect infra along LAC: Indian Army has envisioned construction of “permanent defences” along the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh using cutting-edge 3D printing technology, a move that will save time and improve its defence preparedness.
- 49 schemes worth Rs 7,600 crore have been contracted by the Army under the fourth round of emergency procurement, catering to capabilities ranging from drones to individual protective equipment.
- The Indian Air Force has inducted its latest Heron Mark 2 drones, which have strike capability and can carry out surveillance along the borders with both China and Pakistan in a single sortie itself.
✈ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
External affairs Minister: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
The first WHO Traditional Medicine Global Summit is set to unfold on August 17 and 18, 2023, in the city of Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
This event will intertwine with the G20 health ministerial meeting, creating a dynamic platform aimed at galvanizing both political commitment and evidence-based actions in the realm of traditional medicine.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
UNO Gen. Secy: António Guterres.
- Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar sworn in as Pakistan’s caretaker Prime Minister on Pakistan Independence Day (14 Aug).
- Taiwan will not be afraid nor back down in the face of authoritarian threats, vice president William Lai told supporters on a US visit. William Lai, also frontrunner to be Taiwan’s next president at January elections.
- Iran has detained eight suspects related to Sunday’s attack on Shiite Muslim shrine in the southern city of Shiraz.
- A fire at a gas station in the southern Russian region of Dagestan killed 12 people including two children.
- 26 people were killed and 55 persons injured in an airstrike at a crowded town square in Ethiopia’s Amhara region, which is grappling with violent clashes between the military and local militia,
- Ethiopia had declared a state of emergency in the Amhara region after a reported surge of violent clashes between a regional ethnic militia and the military.
Minister: Shri Anurag Singh Thakur
BCCI president: Roger Binny
Hockey India President: Dilip Tirkey
16th President of the Indian Olympic Association: P. T. Usha
- Pakistan cricketer left-arm pacer Shaheen Afridi has signed a three-year contract with Desert Vipers for the second season of the UAE’s ILT20, and will become the first Pakistan player to play in the league in January next year.
- Real Madrid’s new 18-year-old signing Arda Guler has been sidelined after undergoing knee surgery, the LaLiga club said on Monday, making him the third player they have lost to a knee problem.
- Larsen & Toubro has won the order to design and build the upcoming international cricket stadium in Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi. It will be the first international cricket stadium in eastern UP once finished.
- The stadium is set to have a capacity of 30,000 and will be built over a an area of 30.6 acres at an estimated cost of ₹400 crore in the span of 30 months.
Before was Bengal Province (1699–1947)
Formation: 15 August 1947
Districts : 23
Governor : C. V. Ananda Bose
CM: Mamata Banerjee (TC)
Mammal: Fishing cat
Tree: Chhaatim tree
In India there are 28 states and 8 Union territories.
Population of India: 142 cr (2023)
President of India: Smt Droupadi Murmu
Vice President: Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar
Prime Minister: Shri Narendra Modi
Speaker Lok Sabha: Shri Om Birla (BJP)
Rajyasabha Seats: 245 (233 Elected + 12 Nominated)
Loksabha : 550 members (530 States + 20 Union Territories)
Chief Election Commissioner: Shri Rajiv Kumar
🇮🇳 FACTS ABOUT INDIA 🇮🇳
Size of National Flag* – 3:2 ratio (Designed by P Venkaiah)
Safforn colour represents- Sacrifice & Power
White – Peace & Truth
Green – Growth & Development
24 spokes Ashoka Chakra- Movement/ Working Power and energy
😀Thought of the day
A PAPER FLYING IN AIR IS DUE TO LUCK
BUT A KITE FLYING IS DUE TO EFFORTS
SO DON’T WORRY IF LUCK DOESN’T SUPPORT
EFFORTS R ALWAYS URS.
🤪 Joke of the day 🤪🤪
Pappu* : Aaj men ne 1 jan bachai
Frnd : Woh Kaisay?
Pappu : Vo aise k
ek Faqir ko pucha
2000 ka note dhunga tho kya karega
Wo Bola; Khushi se mar jaunga; Me ne kaha ja nahi deta….🤪😆
WHY INDIA CHOOSE 15 AUGUST AS DATE OF INDEPENDENCE DAY
British PM Clement Atlee on February 20, 1947, announced that the British rule in India would end by June 30, 1948, which would result in powers being transferred to a responsible Indian. This declaration was trailed by the Muslim League’s agitation and demanded the partition of the country..
On July 5, 1947, the British Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act. It accommodated two territories states: India and Pakistan The head of the state was retained by the King of Britain until the full transition to Republic state.
Mountbatten was the reason behind choosing August 15. Because it was the second anniversary of Japan’s surrender,” during World War Second…As quoted in Freedom at Midnight.
Thus, this day was of symbolic significance for the Britishers.
India is not the only country that celebrates Independence Day on August 15, there are other nations that also mark the date as a ‘national day’. Bahrain, North Korea, South Korea, and Liechtenstein. which also experienced British colonial rule, declared its independence on August 15.
ध्वज* : Flag
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉
HOW RUBBER IS MADE?
Natural rubber is made by extracting a liquid sap, called latex , from certain types of tree. There are over 2,500 types of tree that produce this sap, but the overwhelming majority of latex for rubber production stems from the Hevea brasiliensis tree,
Latex is gathered from the trees by making a cut in the bark and collecting the runny sap in cups. This process is called tapping .
In order to prevent the sap from solidifying, ammonia is added. Acid is then added to the mix to extract the rubber, in a process called coagulation. This can take about 12 hours.
The mixture is then passed through rollers to remove excess water. Once this is complete, the layers of rubber are hung over racks in smokehouses or are left to air dry. Several days later they will then be folded into bales ready for processing.
Firstly, chemicals are added to the rubber to make it stable. Without this, the rubber would get brittle if it got cold or become sticky during high temperatures. Commonly, a carbon black filler is added to the rubber mix, to improve its strength and durability. The rubber is then carefully mixed together and allowed to cool, before being shaped. It can be shaped by pushing it into rollers, called calendering, or by squeezing it through holes to make hollow tubes, known as extrusion. In 18th century rubber making was introduced.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
National game Hockey
National flower – Lotus
National animal – Tiger
National tree – Baniyan
National anthem – Jana gana mana adhinayaka…….. (written by Rabindranath Tagore)
National song ; Vandhe Matharum ………(written by Bunkim Bunkim chand Chatterjee})
BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
Date of Birth: (15-Aug-1872 to 05-Dec-1950) Indian nationalist, freedom fighter, philosopher, yogi, guru poet, civil servant, translator, revolutionary, literary critic, philosopher, essayist & linguist.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Every nook and corner कोना कोना यह लेख
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻)
Why Indra is not worshipped? Why there are no temples of Indra? Why Hindus do not worship Indra?*
In the Vedas, Indra is considered to be the King of Devas and the one who lives in Swarga (heaven). The word Indra comes from ‘Indriyan’, the senses.It is said that Indra is not the name of a person, but a position, a chair.
Devas referred to the external world of nature and culture (Prakriti and Sanskriti).Like: Vayu, Varuna, Surya, Sagara, Bhoomi, etc.. God referred to the internal world of Atma, mind, and soul.
This indicates that during those times, there is a shift from the outer world of Vedic tradition (Devas) to the inner world of Puranic tradition (God). To protect his seat at heaven, he use to disturb yagnas and tapasyas of sages and other people. (Eg: Vishwamitra), he was also got curse from Gautam Rishi for committing adultery with Rishi wife Ahaliya. That’s the reason he has not given the importance and ignored him from pujas.
He has married to Shachi, also known as Indrani or Pulomaja. Indra and Shachi have a son, Jayanta, and daughters called Jayanti and Devasena. Goddess Jayanti is the spouse of Shukracharya, while goddess Devasena marries the war-god Kartikeya. He is also depicted as the father of Vali in the Ramayana and Arjuna in the Mahabharata respectively.
These stories are not to judge anyone, but to learn us from their mistakes.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
(Note: These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Health Benefits of Black Pepper
Black pepper is one oothe most commonly used spices worldwide
Its extract may improve blood sugar control.
Lower cholesterol levels
High blood cholesterol is associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
It minimises cold and cough when we consume it with milk mixed with tumeric powder.
In South India RASAM is made using Pepper as it’s main indigrent in Lunch/dinner. It is believed that it removes all the ailments related to cold and keeps healthy.
|| Jai Hind ||🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳
CH Nαʋҽҽɳ Kυɱαɾ…✒️
🙏 *PLZ SHARE IT