Today’s top news:
- Govt committed to provide adequate COVID-19 vaccines, says PM Modi as daily cases surge : In his interaction with governors and lieutenant governors of all states and union territories.
- Rajasthan orders 12-hour curfew in all cities starting April 16: Keeping in view COVID-19 crisis Rajasthan announced a strict night curfew to be imposed from Friday which will come into effect from April 16 till April 30.
- Kerala HC restores Muslim women’s right to divorce without going to court : While talaq-e-tafwiz allows the wife to dissolve the marriage if her husband fails to keep his end of the marriage contract, khula allows her to unilaterally divorce her husband by returning his dower.
- The Union Minister Shri Piyush Goyal recently launched a platform called “eSanta” for marine products. The main aim of the platform is to empower aqua farmers.
- On April 14, 2021, the Bohag Bihu Bird count began in Assam. The Bohag Bihu Bird count was launched by Bird Count of India (BCI). The BCI is a Non-Governmental Organisation.It marks the beginning of Assamese new year. Bohag is Assamese calendar. The onset of Bohag marks the starting of Rongali Bihu. Rongali Bihu is one of the three most important festivals of Assam. The other two festivals are Kati Bihu and Kongali Bihu.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday said he has tested positive for COVID-19. He had on Tuesday isolated himself after some officials in his contact tested positive for coronavirus. Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav and Uttar Pradesh minister Ashutosh Tandon have tested positive for COVID-19.
- ‘Lockdown-like’ restrictions come into force in Maharashtra : The “lockdown-like” restrictions, which exclude essential services, became operational at 8 pm and will remain in force till 7 am on May 1.
- Former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh was on Wednesday questioned for eight hours by the Central Bureau of Investigation conducting the preliminary enquiry on orders of the Bombay high court in connection with the allegations of corruption raised against him by former Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh
- The controversial filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma (RGV) has done it again! The motor-mouth director has this time courted trouble by calling the Maha Kumbh Mela has the ‘corona atom bomb’. In a series of tweets.
- CBSE cancels Class-X exams, postpones Class-XII exams : The education board to review the situation on June 1; the result of Class 10 will be prepared on the basis of an objective criterion to be devised by the board.
- The Himachal Pradesh Government under its Chief Minister Jairam Thakur decided on Wednesday to put off board exams for Class 10 and 12 as well as all undergraduate examinations in the face of rising COVID-19 cases in the state.
- Indian Navy deployed its surface and air assets for the Search and Rescue (SAR) of missing fishermen at sea off the coast of Mangalore. It was reported that an Indian Fishing Boat ‘IFB Rabah’ with 14 fishermen embarked had suffered a collision with a Singapore flag merchant ship ‘MV APL Le Havre’, 40 nautical miles west of New Mangalore at about 0200h on 13 April 21.
- In order to tackle the second COVID wave, GMR has adopted multiple initiatives to enhance passenger safety at Delhi and Hyderabad airports. The platform offers a plethora of valuable features that assist passengers at every stage of their travel.
- The government has initiated the process for inviting financial bids for the sale of national carrier Air India and the deal is likely to conclude by September , The government is selling its entire 100 per cent stake in Air India that has been in losses ever since its merger with domestic operator Indian Airlines in 2007.
- United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson has reduced the length of his visit to New Delhi at the end of this month due to the COVID-19 situation in India
- Johnson was to spend a few days in India starting April 26 as part of a planned itinerary, which is expected to include finalising a UK-India Enhanced Trade Partnership. However, with the pandemic crisis in India taking a turn for the worse, the itinerary has had to be reworked and the major part of the high-level bilateral interactions, including bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, are now scheduled to be limited to New Delhi on April 26.
- Russia has called India a “welcomed partner” in its efforts when it comes to the Afghan peace process. Russian envoy to Delhi Nikolay Kudashev at a virtual presser said, “India (is the) closest friend and a trusted partner. Big meeting of minds on the majority of global and regional issues. India is a welcomed partner in our efforts to secure solutions for security and stability and predictability in and around Afghanistan.”
- India is in touch with authorities in Pakistan regarding safety of over 800 Indian pilgrims whose visit to the neighbouring country has been affected by violent protests in several cities, including Lahore.
- Over 800 Indian Sikhs travelled to Pakistan to attend the Baisakhi festival. The Indian pilgrims had reached Lahore via Wagah border on Monday to attend the festival.
- The High Commission of India in Bangladesh has temporarily suspended the operations at all its visa centres across Bangladesh.
- The Vietnam government has launched a high-speed patrol boat built with India assistance, and one more of similar class is in the pipeline. The Vietnamese coast guard had inducted the first India-made patrol vessel in December 2020.
- Pakistan deploys paramilitary forces to quell deadly Islamist protests : Two police officers were killed and 125 policemen were hurt in clashes with protesters in Lahore.
- Paramilitary forces deployed overnight in the eastern Pakistani province of Punjab as police struggled to clear violent sit-ins by Islamists protesting against the arrest of their leader.The protests were called by Tehrik-i-Labaik Pakistan (TLP), a hardline Islamist group that has made the denunciation of blasphemy against Islam its rallying cry. Their leader Saad Rizvi was arrested in Lahore on Monday ahead of the demonstrations.
- Denmark Drops AstraZeneca Vaccine Permanently Over Suspected Side Effects Denmark was the first country in Europe to suspend the use of the AstraZeneca jab in its vaccination rollout, after reports of rare but serious cases of blood clots among those that had received the vaccine.
Delhi vs Rajasthan Match 7 of IPL 2021
Apr 15 2021, Thu – 07:30 PM
- Bangalore vs Hyderabad
Match 6 of IPL 2021
14 Apr BAN 149/8
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 6 runs
$USD 75.01 💷GBP 103.41
In Trivandrum (Kerala)
🥇Gold ₹48,320@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹67,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 92.06
⛽ Diesel ₹ 86.54
LPG : ₹ 818.50 /14.2 Kg
NIFTY 50 14,504.80
Facts about India
Nation remembers iconic air warrior IAF Marshal Arjan Singh on his 102 nd birth anniversary on April 15. who will always be remembered for his distinguished service in commanding the IAF during the 1965 Indo-Pak war. Singh was promoted to the rank of Air Chief Marshal on January 15, 1966,
He was Chief of the Air Staff for five years – 1964 to 1969. Singh led the first fly-past of RIAF aircraft over the Red Fort in Delhi, as a Wing Commander and acting Group Captain on August 15, 1947.
Singh was 45 when he was appointed as Chief of the Air Staff of the IAF. He has been the only Chief of the Air Staff to have headed the Air Force for five years. He was promoted to the rank of Air Chief Marshal for his contribution in the 1965 war.
Thought of the day
Dream is not that you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you to sleep.
Joke of the day
Q: Is Google male or female?
A: Female, because it doesn’t let you finish a sentence before making a suggestion.😝
Sugar Bowl of India : Uttar Pradesh
Tea Garden of India : Assam
Land of Sunrise in India : Arunachal
प्रतिघ pratigha fighting
सहायता, उपकार help
Why do foxes scream in the night?
When male foxes have competitors, they scream to assert a claim on their turf. Foxes are extremely territorial. Another reason foxes scream during the hours of the night is to protect their young. If they feel that intruders are invading their lair, they will scream to ward them off.
Foxes scream and bark to communicate with each other. … During this period in particular, foxes will scream at each other as a territory warning, and female foxes will make loud noises when mating
How it works ⁉
Cold cream is an emulsion of water and certain fats, usually including beeswax and various scent agents, designed to smooth skin and remove makeup. Cold cream is an emulsion of water in a larger amount of oil, unlike the oil in water emulsion of vanishing cream, so-called because it seems to disappear when applied on skin. The name “cold cream” derives from the cooling feeling that the cream leaves on the skin. Variations of the product have been used for nearly 2000 years.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Vishu is an Indian festival celebrated in one of the Indian state Kerala and in coastal Kanyakumari nearby regions and their diaspora communities. The festival follows the solar cycle of the lunisolar as the first day of month called Medam. It therefore always falls in the middle of April in the Gregorian calendar on or about 14 April every year. Vishu literally means equal . Malayali seek to view the golden blossoms of the Indian laburnum (Kani Konna), money or silver items (Vishukkaineetam), and rice.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cardamom (Elaichi ) may help lower blood pressure, most likely due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
The antioxidant compounds in cardamom may help protect cells from damage and slow down and prevent inflammation in your body.
CH. Naveen Kumar
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼